Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bum the Sad posted:

Put it in your butt.

Surely not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Crock pot carnitas. You'll feed a family of eight for two days or a family of four for a week

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

GORDON posted:

So what does one do with the pork loin they sell for $1.99/pound? It's like 2+ feet long, with a 6 inch diameter. I've never seen a piece of pork in that shape.

I bought one of these on my last trip!

First I cut it in half and froze one of the sections. Then I cut every inch and you end up with a bunch of pork chops, which I vaccuum sealed in various marinades to cook throughout the week.

It's also common to just slow cook a foot of pork loin by itself. Aldi has some preseasoned ones that are the bomb when I'm feeling lazy.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Noslo posted:

First I cut it in half and froze one of the sections. Then I cut every inch and you end up with a bunch of pork chops, which I vaccuum sealed in various marinades to cook throughout the week.

It's also common to just slow cook a foot of pork loin by itself. Aldi has some preseasoned ones that are the bomb when I'm feeling lazy.

So.... they could be sliced into boneless chops?

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

GORDON posted:

So.... they could be sliced into boneless chops?

Yah. I used to do that until I realized I like bone-in chops better.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

So what does one do with the pork loin they sell for $1.99/pound? It's like 2+ feet long, with a 6 inch diameter. I've never seen a piece of pork in that shape.

A tenderloin you grill that poo poo. Marinate it and then grill that poo poo on high while rotating it slowly. Not sure how long I'm too lazy to look it up. Just look for "grilled tenderloin."

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'll have to pick one up next time, portion it and vacuum seal it. $2/pound is a good price for high-quality protein.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Noslo posted:

It's called dry brining and not just "seasoning" because it's done by a specific weight ratio for a planned culinary end result, you iodine deficient cretin.

Costco also clearly labels their meats with the grades & packaging dates, ensuring customers' access to the highest quality product should they seek it.

But for you, they have a great variety of frozen dinners to choose from.

Why are you getting so salty over this?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

therobit posted:

Why are you getting so salty over this?

Quit being so diumb, he's just trying to chlorify what the term means, can't you sea?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Update: those mesquite wings are the bee's knees, friends

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Green Dragon is totally worth a trip to TJs

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Here's a picure of the USDA prime brisket I got for $2.99 a pound at costco and smoked last weekend. It was my first time smoking brisket and turned out amazing. I had to cut it in half so it would fit in my smoker (masterbilt electric with amazen pellet tube - i used applewood pellets). Smoked for 12 hours at 250 degrees (wrapped at 165 degrees and took it out when it reached 203). Did a rub of 1/3 cup course salt, 1/3 cup fresh ground pepper, and 1/3 cup of garlic powder. It had a great bark and was very juicy.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

GORDON posted:

Brine it for a week with salt/sugar/spices, then smoke it. You got yourself homemade Canadian bacon!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Crock pot carnitas. You'll feed a family of eight for two days or a family of four for a week

Loin doesn't compare to bone-in shoulder for this application. Shoulder is usually cheaper, too.

GORDON posted:

I like slicing it thin and making pork jerky with it in my smoker. Still working on a recipe similar to the Korean BBQ pork jerky.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

GORDON posted:

Cut it into 3 portions and freeze it. At that point it's just like any other pork roast you buy at the grocery store. It's perfectly good if you just rub it with some garlic and spices (+ more garlic (add extra garlic to be safe)) and toss it in the oven.

Growing up, one of those 1/3 portions was enough to feed a family of 4. Growing up, it also broke my parents. My dad used to call it a pig's penis and wave it in my mom's face. It's the only time in my life I ever saw them acting dirty.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 4, 2019

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A tenderloin you grill that poo poo. Marinate it and then grill that poo poo on high while rotating it slowly. Not sure how long I'm too lazy to look it up. Just look for "grilled tenderloin."

I was a picky eater as a kid so my mom used to cook it like grilled chicken and lie to me. I could never tell the difference and only found out when my brother opened his dumb mouth.

Sliced thin and marinated in whatever you want, we used BBQ sauce, and slap on the grill. It cooks incredibly quickly and I'd always do it by sight. It's not the best dinner in the world but it's quick, easy, and you can do worse.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

GORDON posted:

What do you think pork loin chops are? Cut them into 1" or desired thickness and have enough pork chops for an army. Or use you Costco vacuum sealer to bag them up for another day.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Loin is not tenderloin, SIR :colbert:

Seconding that loin isn't good for carnitas. Loin sort of sucks. It's tough and dry. Roast it and hope you got enough juice to make a sauce. If it comes out gross it's not your fault.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Whooping Crabs posted:

Here's a picure of the USDA prime brisket I got for $2.99 a pound at costco and smoked last weekend. It was my first time smoking brisket and turned out amazing. I had to cut it in half so it would fit in my smoker (masterbilt electric with amazen pellet tube - i used applewood pellets). Smoked for 12 hours at 250 degrees (wrapped at 165 degrees and took it out when it reached 203). Did a rub of 1/3 cup course salt, 1/3 cup fresh ground pepper, and 1/3 cup of garlic powder. It had a great bark and was very juicy.

My Costco brisket:

poo poo's cash. I've started cutting the point off and smoking it and then making burnt ends, and then cubing the flats to make chili with. I can get like 9 meals out of a $73 Prime brisket which is excellent.

Here's a Costco steak:

Still bamboozled by this whole mechanical tenderizing thing. I'm headed there Tuesday to get a read on how duped I've been.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Gatts posted:

Costco Pizza is a 9.5/10 for me. I love it and it's better than actual NY pizza. Only deep dish is better from, like, Angelos or Chicago Deep Dish which is 10/10. And 40g protein!! GETTIN' DEM GAINZ, BRO!!

have you ever been to new york

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

revmoo posted:

My Costco brisket:

poo poo's cash. I've started cutting the point off and smoking it and then making burnt ends, and then cubing the flats to make chili with. I can get like 9 meals out of a $73 Prime brisket which is excellent.

Here's a Costco steak:

Still bamboozled by this whole mechanical tenderizing thing. I'm headed there Tuesday to get a read on how duped I've been.

Nice meats!!!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bought a big jar of whole peaches in light syrup in a fancy glass bottle

Looking forward to eating them while the snow descends, to remind me of The Warmer Times

PBUC

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Yeah, ate at sbarros.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

GORDON posted:

Yeah, ate at sbarros.

Best in the city

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Yeah and eaten plenty of pizza there.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gatts posted:

Yeah and eaten plenty of pizza there.

I love Costco and their pizza but its not nearly as good as stuff from NYC.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I love Costco and their pizza but its not nearly as good as stuff from NYC.

Depends upon on the place; I've eaten tons of good pizza as well as terrible pizza all over the world, including in New York. Just because it's in a certain area doesn't automatically make it good. I've had lousy dim sum in Hong Kong, and terrible pintxos in Spain.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I've been to Italy and found the US has better pizzas. Sometimes reputations are outdated or over rated and just because it's in NYC doesn't make it better and other places can do it better. Not that there aren't good pizzas in NYC, just that for the style of pizza, Costco's is better than a lot there.

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
Costco pizza flavor is surprisingly good. Just a little thick in dough and cheese. I can't find a decent NY style pizza anywhere around me outside of another supermarket of all places (Wegmans). Costco comes in second for that style.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
For some reason Home Run Inn has some solid frozen pizza, if you can find it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a25747279/costco-7-pound-tub-nutella

Stay safe, goons.

:ohdear:

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Aww, son of a bitch! /Jim Ross

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Moey posted:

Costco sells it!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

GORDON posted:

There's a picture on the package showing you where to cut and what to do with it to make this -

Noslo posted:

The picture also mentions to keep the ends as roasts and the middle section as chops.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

costco quinoa salad loving owns

also got more of the country ribs, v good

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Moey posted:

Chicago company. That town is pretty serious about the 'za. Their secret is the buttery crust imo.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

djfooboo posted:

Chicago company. That town is pretty serious about the 'za. Their secret is the buttery crust imo.

I think a lot of the Chicago pizza hate is actually Uno’s Pizza hate which is unfortunate because:
1. Uno’s loving sucks
2. Good deep dish pizza loving rules

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Schadenboner posted:

I think a lot of the Chicago pizza hate is actually Uno’s Pizza hate which is unfortunate because:
1. Uno’s loving sucks
2. Good deep dish pizza loving rules

Giordanos is far superior to pizza Uno. Does costco carry frozen G pies?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Does anyone remember the 80s when Uno and Pizza Hut were sit down family restaurants that made pizzas and not just mall kiosks serving microwave stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Does anyone remember the 80s when Uno and Pizza Hut were sit down family restaurants that made pizzas and not just mall kiosks serving microwave stuff?

Yeah I remember today where Pizza Hut is still a sit down restaurant