Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I have no idea how this is going to wrap up in four chapters (realistically three plus a finale for the series as a whole) or what a sequel could look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Well it doesn’t look there’s any way for it to cover the “other niko” and the tiger vessel plot in that many chapters so there’s your sequel stuff right there

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
If Ohma had come into the tournament from the start with his memories unfucked and the level of mastery of the style he has now, he could maybe be winning this or at least fighting evenly. The damage and fatigue he came into the fight with was a lot worse than Gensai's, and Gensai himself is basically there to destroy the concept of winning fights with mid-fight epiphanies.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

I hope the sequel is just Gensai fighting everyone in a gauntlet fight, can't get enough of this karate grandpa

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Bushmeister posted:

I hope the sequel is just Gensai fighting everyone in a gauntlet fight, can't get enough of this karate grandpa

Odd way to spell Rihito the Devil Ripper but yeah I agree.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Odd way to spell Rihito the Devil Ripper but yeah I agree.

Man, Hajime's broken fingers were the absolute worst violence in this entire manga to endure so I'm gonna hope the next one isn't all about Rihito flaying people with his fingers.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Man, Hajime's broken fingers were the absolute worst violence in this entire manga to endure so I'm gonna hope the next one isn't all about Rihito flaying people with his fingers.

Rihito is going to be the hero of Kengan 2 and he will take on the "True Niko"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
List of people I want to see fight everyone:
Gensai
Julius
Muteba
Sekibayashi
Adam

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really dont get why this whole thread is so hot on Julius, he seemed really boring

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Meme Emulator posted:

I really dont get why this whole thread is so hot on Julius, he seemed really boring

The omakes endeared him a bit. Also he turned out to actually be a cool dude when he wasn't under the contract with an rear end in a top hat.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

He used another human being as a club to hit a bunch of mooks. He's also surprisingly polite and considerate about restaurant etiquette.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did he show up advertising the danberu gym in this manga or was that danberu proper

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
julius makes any scene he appears in better because he's innately comical.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Did he show up advertising the danberu gym in this manga or was that danberu proper

It was this one

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Isn't this the first time someone has gotten a grapple onto Gensai though?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Isn't this the first time someone has gotten a grapple onto Gensai though?

Yeah, but on the other hand, this is also the first time he fought someone proficient in grappling on-screen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is such a stupid plan. Gensai is just gonna stab him, just like when Wakatsuki tried this strategy with Mutembe.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

This is such a stupid plan. Gensai is just gonna stab him, just like when Wakatsuki tried this strategy with Mutembe.

Yup

https://mangadex.org/chapter/514301

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Holy gently caress the typesetting for this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
God drat the art is so loving good

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Father-Son CEO-Employee Kamehameha, go!

EDIT: poo poo, this is a mid-fight power-up, which Kuroki has proven to be immune to. RIP Ohma.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 5, 2019

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The art is great at showing the dynamic movement in these fights, and

THE MAN FORMS A FIST ONCE MORE!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Broke: using the power of Love (for massive honkers) to get a mid-fight powerup.
Woke: using the power of Love (for your salaryman handler-slash-adopted dad) to get a mid-fight powerup.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Dias posted:

Broke: using the power of Love (for massive honkers) to get a mid-fight powerup.
Woke: using the power of Love (for your salaryman handler-slash-adopted dad) to get a mid-fight powerup.

Bespoke: Not giving a poo poo about mid-fight powerups because you've spent your life mastering karate, and if anyone thinks improvisation is going to work against you they are sorely mistaken.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Bespoke: Not giving a poo poo about mid-fight powerups because you've spent your life mastering karate, and if anyone thinks improvisation is going to work against you they are sorely mistaken.

I will forever love this manga because of this.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

pnumoman posted:

I will forever love this manga because of this.

Same. Everyone has a super move until the get punched in the face

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Gensai countering attacks like "Bind of Pisces" and "Devil Ripper" with "Straight Punch" and "Headbutt" will never cease to be entertaining.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he countered bind of pisces with "the devil lance"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jose posted:

he countered bind of pisces with "the devil lance"

Even Gensai has his weaknesses.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The true Kengan Ashura was the friends we made along the way.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gensai made no friends and only took on a student. This is why he's in the final

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Jose posted:

Gensai made no friends and only took on a student. This is why he's in the final

That's because he's already friends with everyone. There are no new people for him to be friends with, he's already friends with the maximum amount of people.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What we didn't realize was that Gensai already has 80 million friends on Twitter by the beginning of the tournament.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It was cool how seki and inaba ryo were shocked when ohma waved back to them at the start of the fight

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gensai is friends with Anonymous, which makes him friends with virtually everyone

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im crying a little bit this manga is so good

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Whatever this art style is called is amazing. It reminds me of the art style used in the bleach squad 0 paint brush dude (Ichibe Hyosube) vs bleach last guy. Broad strokes and rough edges. super cool

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I missed yesterday and just caught up. This is some good poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I was thinking the quality of the art might drop a bit now we're not going from the volumes but it is just this insanely good every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gensai will win and then become ohmas friend

the sequel will feature both of them and kazzy buddycopping their way across the globe to find the tiger's vessel