Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Okay, then that works out. Sorry you can't make it but glad Raeg and his brother can

Thanks for accommodating.

Is there a plan for meeting yet or just meeting there? Me and my brother will likely be at the Hub for a drink around 730.

I think we ended up circling around other meets after the AJPW show. Saw Meltzer going in the F4W Board meet at the Shake Shack just after the show and then we grabbed a quick eat nearby and it seemed like we were in the middle of another big westerner meet.

Raeg fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
If you're in the general Tokyo Dome area or at least near Suidobashi, I can hop a train and be there by 8.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

can someone get me a sandwich from st. gentleman's before the show? you gotta grab one at noon or else they'll sell out. they're really popular

Bill Door
Dec 30, 2008

Auritech posted:

If you're in the general Tokyo Dome area or at least near Suidobashi, I can hop a train and be there by 8.

We're headed to the Tokyo Dome City Hub bar, feel free to drop by!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in all seriousness is anyone going to g1?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

How do I find ya if I come by the Hub? Currently have nothing to do until EBRIETAS!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

How do I find ya if I come by the Hub? Currently have nothing to do until EBRIETAS!

We're the only two foreigners in the non-smoking area near the entrance just now.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Raeg posted:

We're the only two foreigners in the non-smoking area near the entrance just now.

Ok, well, I'm at my hostel so at least 30 min away. You intend to stick around till then?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah, we'll be here.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cool, see you in a bit :) If I don't spot you, maybe you will spot me. Will be wearing dark red scarf.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does anyone know the process for picking up tickets you reserved for a Korakuen show? Wondering if I need to wait in line at all or just waltz in and up to a ticket counter or something.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

I will join you in a few minutes, I’m almost at Suidobashi. So there will be three foreigners to look for!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

i have at&t international day pass which is 10 bucks a day and i didn't have to worry abut it. more expensive but it's all paid through work anyway

$10 a day?! :psyduck: because I have SoftBank (which owns Sprint) I can pay $10 for a month to make use of my Japanese plan whenever I visit home to the U.S., but per day? Crazy. Also yeah pocket wifi pretty much anywhere is a lifesaver, we used it on our honeymoon and it worked great (until we capped it out on the last day, oops).

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

$10 a day?! :psyduck: because I have SoftBank (which owns Sprint) I can pay $10 for a month to make use of my Japanese plan whenever I visit home to the U.S., but per day? Crazy. Also yeah pocket wifi pretty much anywhere is a lifesaver, we used it on our honeymoon and it worked great (until we capped it out on the last day, oops).

the pocket wifi i found online was like $60 for my 8 day trip so not much cheaper. and most importantly for me is i don’t pay for my phone bill anyway. for future reference though, could i have found a better deal on the pocket wifi?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We got pocket wifi with unlimited data for our 12 day trip for $79 total. We went with Japan Wireless and this site (https://jw-webmagazine.com/pocket-wifi-in-japan-d1a8bc8ed6ff) offered a 1,000 yen coupon which basically covered the insurance. If you're bad to the bone and don't get insurance, then it's an even better deal.

Plus they delivered it to our hotel with a prepaid to mail it back which it seems is standard, but a super nice standard thing to offer.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you could just steal a local's phone, its a lot easier and cheaper

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
DDT is wild as hell live. I recommend going if you can.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The_Rob posted:

DDT is wild as hell live. I recommend going if you can.

Agreed. The main event was my personal match of the year.

Also I'd like to thank Auritech for providing my personal moment of the year so far by trying to explain Cavauro to a visibly tired Toru Yano.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also it's JANUARY 4TH in Japan.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also I'd like to thank Auritech for providing my personal moment of the year so far by trying to explain Cavauro to a visibly tired Toru Yano.

Yeah that main even was loving fantastic. Also I watched Jun Kasai slip on a banana peel that was placed on a ladder step which might be my favorite spot of all time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Yeah that main even was loving fantastic. Also I watched Jun Kasai slip on a banana peel that was placed on a ladder step which might be my favorite spot of all time.

That was good but I preferred Antonio Honda and Super Sasadango Machine being lured into a ladder trap by bananas

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Thanks again for accommodating us. Me and my brother had a great time.

Really enjoyed meeting everyone who came along tonight.

Bill Door
Dec 30, 2008

Raeg posted:

Thanks again for accommodating us. Me and my brother had a great time.

Really enjoyed meeting everyone who came along tonight.
That would be me, yes it was good to meet you all!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Lmao yes

Hope Auritech posts that photo soon.

Thauros and I went for more drinks in Golden Gai and met a photographer lady who is involved with the NJPW LA stuff. Small world! Thauros knew her from Twitter too.

It was great meeting even more goons. Putting faces to usernames around the world is wonderful.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Tonight was an utter blast and I'm happy to have met all of you! Hopefully in the future we have the chance to do this again!

Also, to my good friend Cavauro

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Auritech posted:

Tonight was an utter blast and I'm happy to have met all of you! Hopefully in the future we have the chance to do this again!

Also, to my good friend Cavauro

Infinite love

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

That's the best thing I ever read!

That's the best thing I ever saw!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ty I'm glad the plan worked out

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it was a pleasure meeting everyone yesterday and i hope to meet up again before i fly out. was it the hub in shibuya or shinjuku a bunchof you planned to watch NYD i?

https://www.tokyu-dept.co.jp.e.fa.hc.transer.com/honten/event/detail.html?id=520

the tokyu dept store in shibuya is having a baba memorial exhibition until the 7th. gotta check it out.

Bill Door
Dec 30, 2008

Thauros posted:

it was a pleasure meeting everyone yesterday and i hope to meet up again before i fly out. was it the hub in shibuya or shinjuku a bunchof you planned to watch NYD i?

https://www.tokyu-dept.co.jp.e.fa.hc.transer.com/honten/event/detail.html?id=520

the tokyu dept store in shibuya is having a baba memorial exhibition until the 7th. gotta check it out.

Shibuya, it was pretty fun last year a few of the DDT guys were there watching too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

At Korakuen now for TJPW and the marathon day of wrestling. It's crazy being in venues like this (and Shinkiba, and soon the Dome) that I never thought I'd see in person let alone attend a show in.

Thanks to every goon here who encourages everybody to take these huge trips. Wrestling is the best.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

On the way to the Dome. Anyone want to chat or hang out before the show?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Sure, I'm also on the way to the Dome. Give me a time and place friend

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

On the same level as Tokyo Dome entrance to the right of the merch area, there’s a sign for TGI Friday’s behind where I’m standing (green baseball cap). There’s still another hour or so until they open the gates so time for anyone to come say hi!

[Edit] just spotted a Taichi cosplayer, complete with mic

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hello harperdc.

Vendo Thefastlane
May 24, 2005

Thefastlane's the last name
Picked a great day to be stuck at home with the flu. Happy with the joys of socialized medical care to get back in the swing of things soon, but not the best idea to take an hour drive to Tokyo just to infect thousands.

It's great seeing all you guys, especially visitors to Japan, having a great time together in this occasion. I hope all of you have a memorable time tonight and can enjoy a fantastic show. Be safe, everyone!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Man the line to the NJPW shop is huge today. Goes halfway down the street. It's my last chance to get any SANADA merch at all though so I gotta do this

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I am glad to report I have successfully bought my first ever piece of pro wrestling merch: A COLD SKULL SANADA shirt. Was initially extremely worried as there was only S and M sizes of the shirt on the shelf but then a nice lady conjured up some bigger sizes from somewhere. Here's hoping the Japanese XL is big enough for my dumb fat rear end. If it isn't, well, guess I'll just display the shirt somewhere

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 5, 2019

Bill Door
Dec 30, 2008
Mine was a generic NJPW top as I am too much of a coward to openly display my loyalties, hope you are feeling better today extradite THIS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://imgur.com/a/2iTZWc1

is this the right hub? sorry for non embedded link but imgur sucks on mobile