Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Labes for days posted:

A bard with his highest stat in STR? Shameful.

As a seafaring Bard he should be a Skalde, anyway. (At least I remember that class exists somewhere in D&D. And if not, it should!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Also, it's kind of hard to make people stop calling themselves fans of something even if their fellow fans hate them.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Labes for days posted:

A bard with his highest stat in STR? Shameful.

That's the whole point of Sea Hawk - he's ill-specced for his class and underpowered in general - but that makes him really fun, if useless, to have around.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Libluini posted:

As a seafaring Bard he should be a Skalde, anyway. (At least I remember that class exists somewhere in D&D. And if not, it should!)

In Pathfinder, yes.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

If any of you followed Loreweaver's SU liveblog, he's picked up She-Ra now, too.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Super-progressive Star Trek was lambasted by its ‘fans’ when the new series Discovery was announced, and claimed to be falling under the influence of the dreaded SJWs. :jerkbag:

Which makes you wonder what kind of weird take they’d got from Trek all the years before.

The rule of thumb will always be that authoritarians don't understand most works of fiction. They just can't make sense of them.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Its why they look at any movie about how bad nazis/fascists are and go "that villain was so cool!"

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

nerdman42 posted:

Its why they look at any movie about how bad nazis/fascists are and go "that villain was so cool!"

Or think of Warhammer 40k as an ideal rather than a parody?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Or think of Warhammer 40k as an ideal rather than a parody?

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Now who could possibly have guessed that a community founded on the principle of "don't give people poo poo for being different" would be less than welcoming to anyone loyal to a political party with a long-standing track record of shamelessly catering to racists and homophobes?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Cockmaster posted:

Now who could possibly have guessed that a community founded on the principle of "don't give people poo poo for being different" would be less than welcoming to anyone loyal to a political party with a long-standing track record of shamelessly catering to racists and homophobes?

Don't go down this rabbit hole, it does not end well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hey I found exciting concept art from next season when they are adding Skeletor

The artists have outdone themselves this time I'm sorry for calling their art style trash

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
if they do bring in Skeletor in the future, they need to keep his whiny bitcheness and lines like "Randor, come in your Royal Boob".

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
My dream scenario is a one off gag episode where Skeletor shows up and is still drawn and animated in the old ways, and nobody in universe comments on it.

Also at some point he has to call Catra a 'furry coward'.

Alternatively a retelling of the Christmas Special with the framing device being that it's a constantly interrupted story told by Sea Hawk to explain why nothing makes any loving sense.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 2, 2019

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

This is Shadow Weaver's bio from the 2012 Masters of the Universe Classics toy line:

Born in the Etherian Kingdom of Mystacor, Beatrix was once known as Light Spinner and served as an apprentice to the great mage, Norwyn. When Hordak® arrived on Etheria, during his exile in Despondos™, he promised her great power in return for information and help in overthrowing Bright Moon and the surrounding kingdoms. Her powers were greatly enhanced through a magical gem whose power also induced an irreversible change in her appearance and mental state. She betrayed Norwyn and her fellow magical student Castaspella™, leading Horde Troopers to their hidden magic archives. In Horror Hall, Beatrix took the name Shadow Weaver, using her black magic to fight the Great Rebellion all the while secretly plotting to overthrow Hordak® and claim his power for her own!

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Also, in the original series, Castaspella had the hots for Prince Adam.

So if we ship Castaspella/Adam, that means Adora is Castaspella's sister-in-law.

And Castaspella is the sister of King Micah.

And King Micah is Glimmer's dad.

So Adora is... Glimmer's dad's sister's husband's sister.

Adora is... Glimmer's aunt's husband's sister.

Adora is... Glimmer's paternal aunt's non-related husband's sister.

Castaspella is... Adora's sister-in-law.

Glimmer is... Adora's sister-in-law's niece.

I hope I'm not doing family trees badly, or Glimmadora is pretty much sunk.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

HappyKitty posted:

Also, in the original series, Castaspella had the hots for Prince Adam.

So if we ship Castaspella/Adam, that means Adora is Castaspella's sister-in-law.

And Castaspella is the sister of King Micah.

And King Micah is Glimmer's dad.

So Adora is... Glimmer's dad's sister's husband's sister.

Adora is... Glimmer's aunt's husband's sister.

Adora is... Glimmer's paternal aunt's non-related husband's sister.

Castaspella is... Adora's sister-in-law.

Glimmer is... Adora's sister-in-law's niece.

I hope I'm not doing family trees badly, or Glimmadora is pretty much sunk.

This is slightly less confusing than the network of alliances that lead to WW1.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
TBF, I never really felt during this season that Glimmer and Adora had that kind of chemistry. They really are just good friends, especially when you contrast their relationship to the gallons of tension Adora has with Catra. Like, it may well be that Adora/Catra doesn't work out at all in the long run, and they both find different people, but I feel like the writers have given themselves a pretty big uphill struggle if they want to make Gilmmer/Adora their endgame.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

https://twitter.com/dreamworksshera/status/1080494021066272768

Okay astrology nerds, do your thing

(OF COURSE Catra is a Scorpio)

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I suppose it would have been too on the nose for Scorpia to be a scorpio.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

tsob posted:

Also, regarding Catra possibly being a princess due to the inclusion of a profile with a cat tail in Light Hope's representation of all the princesses: isn't the cat-like one a bit too thick limbed to be Catra? The rest are all so exact and specific to their character that it seems weird Catra's would be beefier looking than the actual design. Not impossible either, since it might be deliberately done to give a shadow of doubt either way, but it seems only suggestive at best to me because of the difference in proportions.

I read the silhouette as being Scorpia, but admittedly didn't pay close attention to that part.

E: Unless Scorpia was there with an unrelated cat princess, in which case I totally missed it.

A Bug fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 5, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Sea Hawk and I have the same birthday!! :dance:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

What, Castaspella doesn't rate?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Why does etheria use the Gregorian calendar :tinfoil:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Hell yeah share a birthday month with Scorpio

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
If Frosta is 11 and 3 quarters then the events of the series took place around early August-ish. The fact we didn't get a Sea Hawk birthday party is a travesty.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

CaptainCrunch posted:

She... doesn't have a tail, does she? I never saw it if so. Edit: I may be legally blind, of course she does have one.

They way her claws look awkwardly big and rounded makes her look more like her astrology sign anyway. A lot of scorpions have more agile and thin pincers.

But then again, it is proven that she is a skilled and respected artist, so maybe I shouldn't judge a Princess by her claws.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

A Bug posted:

If Frosta is 11 and 3 quarters then the events of the series took place around early August-ish. The fact we didn't get a Sea Hawk birthday party is a travesty.

Everything that happened in "The Sea Gate" was actually Seahawk throwing himself a big party.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CaptainCrunch posted:

Cancer fits her personality better.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Of course Queen Angella is a Libra. So much balance to be maintained.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

TBF, I never really felt during this season that Glimmer and Adora had that kind of chemistry. They really are just good friends, especially when you contrast their relationship to the gallons of tension Adora has with Catra. Like, it may well be that Adora/Catra doesn't work out at all in the long run, and they both find different people, but I feel like the writers have given themselves a pretty big uphill struggle if they want to make Gilmmer/Adora their endgame.

This is true. I think people saw Adora and Glimmer cuddling in the steam grotto and Glimmadora clicked for them, but like... friend cuddles are a thing too.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

evilmiera posted:

She... doesn't have a tail, does she? I never saw it if so. Edit: I may be legally blind, of course she does have one.

She has a tail with a stinger on it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Zerilan posted:

She has a tail with a stinger on it.

Yeah, I know. I just didn't recall it at the time. Just goes to show how her claws draw attention I suppose.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

evilmiera posted:

Yeah, I know. I just didn't recall it at the time. Just goes to show how her claws draw attention I suppose.

It's because she's such a hugger.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Cancer fits her personality better.

Does it? I don't actually know how horoscopes are supposed to "determine" one's personality.

How do Cancers and Scorpios get along, supposedly? Since Catra's a scorpio.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Does it? I don't actually know how horoscopes are supposed to "determine" one's personality.

Well I dated a girl who was a Scorpio and it ended horribly but now that the shows made me gay I feel much better :)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Astrology is cancer.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Motherfucker posted:

Astrology is cancer.

Yeah, but people complaining about astrology is usually more annoying than oh it's a pun. God dammit.

Announce a season two air date you cowards

vvvv Catra (Vriska)

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 7, 2019

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

CaptainCrunch posted:

The stereotype about Scorpios is that they're pragmatic, assertive and domineering, so despite her name and aesthetic Scorpia doesn't really fit into that bracket. Cancers are meant to be intuitive and sentimental, but moody. Stereotypically (and again astrology is nonsense, but it's fun nonsense) they have being high-strung and emotional in common, but Cancer is the soft-hearted one and Scorpio is the one with hard edges.

Also Catra is clearly Vriska, so only Scorpio really makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Android Blues posted:

The stereotype about Scorpios is that they're pragmatic, assertive and domineering, so despite her name and aesthetic Scorpia doesn't really fit into that bracket. Cancers are meant to be intuitive and sentimental, but moody. Stereotypically (and again astrology is nonsense, but it's fun nonsense) they have being high-strung and emotional in common, but Cancer is the soft-hearted one and Scorpio is the one with hard edges.

Also Catra is clearly Vriska, so only Scorpio really makes sense.

I am feeling this vibe. Vriska, but with cats instead of sp8ders

Neperska

Pronounced "Ne-Purrrrr-Ska"