Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

but seriously

Will - Space Wolves
Felix - Catachans
Virgil - Adeptus Mechanicus
Amber - Dark Eldar
Matt - Inquisition

This is the closest I could think of to the face I made as I angrily read this then accepted it's pretty accurate, at the very least for Felix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Amber would be Skaven I will die on this hill.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Amber would be Skaven I will die on this hill.

SKAVEN AREN'T IN 40K!

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Gripweed posted:

SKAVEN AREN'T IN 40K!

pretty strong indictment of 40k here

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

SKAVEN AREN'T IN 40K!

false, I seen em

Chapo Premium has some really good episodes to go back to, been listening to the Newsroom and West Wing episodes again. Never watched West Wing, but I saw every frame of Newsroom, and it was a pure hatewatch.

The jam session in the series finale was the worst thing I've ever seen on HBO, and when I was in high school I saw a dude practicing cunnilingus with a fruit on Real Sex

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/whysimonewhy/status/1081367056786907137

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Felix: Tidus
Will: Yuna
Matt: Auron
Amber: Lulu
Virgil: Wakka
Brendan: Jecht
Chris: Kimahri
Tim Faust: Rikku

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
as a 15+ year veteran of D&D and nominal fan of Lovecraft, this game system sounds wack and Matt (new tabletop gamer) is right to be pissy

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Call of Cthulhu was based on the cutting edge design of the Runequest system, which was cutting edge game design in 1980.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone in one of these threads was talking poo poo about Delta green and I hope they get brain cancer

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
+1 for the dry boys playing incompetent government agents getting dunked on by the Mythos

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the best part of modern delta green is that you can either play as an official government cthulhu killer or a member of an illegal conspiracy inside the government and no matter what you do you're fighting a losing battle and you're hamstrung by the limitations of your chosen organization

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I Before E posted:

Felix: Tidus
Will: Yuna
Matt: Auron
Amber: Lulu
Virgil: Wakka
Brendan: Jecht
Chris: Kimahri
Tim Faust: Rikku

Gorka: Seymour

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Will: Franky
Felix: Brook
Matt: Zoro
Virgil: Robin
Amber: Luffy
Brendan: Usopp
Chris: Jinbe

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Felix: Edgar Quintero
Will: Jimmy Shive-Overly
May: Gretchen Cutler
Amber: Lindsay Jillian
Virgil: Paul Jillian

There aren't enough major You're The Worst characters for me to do Chris and Brendan so they're both Ben Folds

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Someone in one of these threads was talking poo poo about Delta green and I hope they get brain cancer

Maybe if I get brain cancer I'll start liking Delta Green!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I Before E posted:

Felix: Edgar Quintero
Will: Jimmy Shive-Overly
May: Gretchen Cutler
Amber: Lindsay Jillian
Virgil: Paul Jillian

There aren't enough major You're The Worst characters for me to do Chris and Brendan so they're both Ben Folds

My old roommate works with Ben Folds' brother

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Why is the guy from CunninLynguists beefing with left twitter???

https://twitter.com/Kno/status/1081381244598767617

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Henchman of Santa posted:

okay, this is epic

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

nobody tell him about will's pop pop

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I thought the standard criticism of their Patreon was that it was too wet, not dry af

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Pharmaskittle posted:

pretty strong indictment of 40k here

Yeah, they do, they're just renamed to The Imperium of Man.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait, wait, hold on, I've got one. We can't end this gimmick yet, I still haven't done mine.

Will: Brooklyn
Matt: Staten Island
Felix: Manhattan
Virgil: Queens
Amber: The Bronx
Chris: Gotti

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
will: michael joseph savage
matt: norm kirk
felix: david lange
virgil: geoffrey palmer
amber: peter fraser

thanks

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I’ve never done any kind of role playing but I’ve always been interested in the concept, and I’m actually kinda enjoying the current episode and the other ones in this whole little mini-series. Are there any other good podcasts that do this kind of stuff, either funny or serious with decent writing and production value? The Cthullu\Delta Green type stuff is mainly what I’m interested in, but I’m willing to listen to other stuff, I have a big drive coming u where I’ll need stuff to listen to anyway.

Zoracle Zed
Jul 10, 2001

lol

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

themrguy posted:

I’ve never done any kind of role playing but I’ve always been interested in the concept, and I’m actually kinda enjoying the current episode and the other ones in this whole little mini-series. Are there any other good podcasts that do this kind of stuff, either funny or serious with decent writing and production value? The Cthullu\Delta Green type stuff is mainly what I’m interested in, but I’m willing to listen to other stuff, I have a big drive coming u where I’ll need stuff to listen to anyway.

http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/category/systems/call-of-cthulhu/delta-green/

Role Playing Public Radio has done a lot of Cthulu related stuff. The best of it is probably the God's Teeth series, so I'd start with that.

E: I will say most Actual Play stuff is very different from what you'd experience playing or running something, so keep that in mind.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 5, 2019

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'll second the recommendation for RPPR when it comes to CoC games, but their production values are not great. from what i can tell they just set up a mic in the middle of the table and it catches everything, from the crinkle of a chip bag to animals in other rooms. they also don't really edit and just dump 3-4 hour sessions into the feed. if you can get past that, they're great.

i like their series of episodes that cover their own RPG, Red Markets, which is something they call "economic horror" which actually delivers on the concept pretty well

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

https://twitter.com/wifebanger/status/1081417635479183363

lol

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Will: Byers
Matt: Langly
Felix: Frohike
Amber: Scully
Virgil: Muldur

I'm actually not sure what half of them look like, I just think Will is Byers.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Virgil's Peterson just sounds like David Lynch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1081776113121222657

We're gonna keep seeing so much of this stupid loving take. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is such a popular Democratic figure right now, and liberals and centrist Dems desperately want to draft behind her, despite hating her politics. Their only play is to claim the people who she's incredibly popular with are just waiting to turn on her.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1081776113121222657

We're gonna keep seeing so much of this stupid loving take. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is such a popular Democratic figure right now, and liberals and centrist Dems desperately want to draft behind her, despite hating her politics. Their only play is to claim the people who she's incredibly popular with are just waiting to turn on her.

uuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Thank you for the podcast recommendations goons. The low production value at the beginning made it a little hard to get into, but it’s actually legitimately spooky once you get into it.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

themrguy posted:

There's tons of rolplaying podcasts, but I've never heard an actual funny one.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Will - Naito
Felix - Shingo
Matt - EVIL
Amber - SANADA
Virgil - Hiromu
Chris - BUSHI

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Spoeank posted:

uuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

more like the_movieblob

selec
Sep 6, 2003

He just learned about politics after ‘16, was all in on the Mensch train for a while, and has slowly been taking the brain worm supplements. He’ll be fully Kirkmanned within a year and Killer Mike will have to be the George to his Lennie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pedro De Heredia posted:

There's tons of rolplaying podcasts, but I've never heard an actual funny one.

Androids and Aliens has a few moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wrestlepig posted:

http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/category/systems/call-of-cthulhu/delta-green/

Role Playing Public Radio has done a lot of Cthulu related stuff. The best of it is probably the God's Teeth series, so I'd start with that.

E: I will say most Actual Play stuff is very different from what you'd experience playing or running something, so keep that in mind.

Agreed, God’s Teeth is really good. I’m glad they’re turning it into an official hardcover supplement for Delta Green.