Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

Any other thoughts?

My immediate thought is that we have scum somewhere in the Asiina > AA > Snail > Toal chain.

Leaping to defend someone else D1 always rings suss to me. The only people who have enough info to do so off anything more than a gut read are scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

A Sometimes Food posted:

My immediate thought is that we have scum somewhere in the Asiina > AA > Snail > Toal chain.

Leaping to defend someone else D1 always rings suss to me. The only people who have enough info to do so off anything more than a gut read are scum.

Once you come to understand maf as I do you'll understand. Surety is one thing, but snail and asiinas arguments are fake and malformed. AA is just responding awkwardly.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying very hard right now to remember that Toal always sounds scummy and this doesn't necessarily mean anything because yikes at all of this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was letting go the voting for me because Toal was somehow completely aware of AA's thoughts despite no indication of that.

But now the certainty that not only is AA confused and awkward, but snail and I are fake and malformed is said with way more conviction than you could possibly have based on the current content.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean... I think what I have to say about IP is neither complicated or awkward FWIW. I think that's a good vote.

Initially just because it was one of three empty votes on flerp, but now because of his own defense of my conviction.

I think citing the 30 hours til deadline makes him look worse, not better.

However, I am biased. It is my case after all.

sentimental snail posted:

nah. I think agree with asiina, I'm really not a fan of this reaction to being voted, before (surprise!) swinging back around to poke asiina.

your posts are the ones that feel pretty forced imo. ##vote AA

I made a general statement about Asiina's goading in thread:

Asiina posted:

you may not get it?
This isn't constructive in the slightest. Toal joke responded to imgay's joke jab.

What is Asiina saying with this?

It's suspicious. Looks like a fake shade over something that wasn't even an argument.

Asiina posted:

Any other thoughts?

Eh, this one isn't too terrible, but again, not constructive. It's shade without directly saying, hey scumtimes, you're not actually contributing because Asiina knows that her post also adds nothing.

So no snail... nothing here is forced. These are reasonable places for my mind to wander.

I'll need to do a reread of you.

IP is a good vote, but would vote Asiina for the reasons mentioned.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm kind of morbidly curious about what will happen if we hammer IP, and whether he's actually trying to get dunked, or is just playing chicken.

I don't like to game the mod (but I'm about to) but someone who gets increasing stacks of hated as they're voted must have something to balance it so it's not just a really lovely role for no reason. I don't really see myself voting IP today.

Also I'm curious whether the hated will reset on D2 or if he'll just eventually get autohammered.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I made a general statement about Asiina's goading in thread:

This isn't constructive in the slightest. Toal joke responded to imgay's joke jab.

What is Asiina saying with this?

It's suspicious. Looks like a fake shade over something that wasn't even an argument.

The prod on Toal was for what's actually not a terrible request:

Toalpaz posted:

##vote db

imgay posted:

Toalpaz please give me a 8 paragraph reason for that vote

Toalpaz posted:

be careful what you ask for

Toal emptyvotes for db with no explanation and doesn't follow up. Their only mention of db before that is:

Toalpaz posted:

I think scumteam is snail, asiina, and db.

(which btw they're now leaning on snail and me for posts we made after they declared us as part of the scum team, so where is the reason for making this post here?)

It's entirely reasonable to ask for a reason for an emptyvote, which I thought imgay was doing and I was pushing for the same.

quote:

Eh, this one isn't too terrible, but again, not constructive. It's shade without directly saying, hey scumtimes, you're not actually contributing because Asiina knows that her post also adds nothing.

So no snail... nothing here is forced. These are reasonable places for my mind to wander.

I'll need to do a reread of you.

IP is a good vote, but would vote Asiina for the reasons mentioned.

The prod on ASF isn't shade either, it's a request for someone to give their opinions and not just driveby and in what world is that scummy?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

i mean i dont think defending some1 is bad d1 but also i dont c why scum would be defending me anyways but thats based off knowing im town which no one else knows

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I honestly don't believe in hedging as town. I have my reading of the interaction and for now I'm sticking with it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The saddest thing in maf is having a scum read on scum and second guessing yourself, dying, and ending up right.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There is absolutely a difference between doubting your reads and deciding them early in D1 based on very little and then tunneling in to justify it after the fact.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Deadline in six hours. I'm feeling toal (maybe I'm omgusing idk) the hop on hop off vote on me is still lacking reason even after being pressed on it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Fleeeeerp fleeeeoooorrp

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
That's my flerp summoning incantation

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I hope it works :ohdear:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
what

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Why did that work

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
idk i just finished playing a game of civ v and then was like ok time to check thread again

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
PMush, ASF, flerp, and imgay all have jokevotes down. Please put down real votes.

Rex has zero opinions in this game and has posted 3 times since the game started.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Would vote AA, Toal, Rex, in that order.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thoughts on players

asf -- basically one game related post that says four people might maybe be scum and ok yeah but four out of eleven is pretty good odds for one of them to be scum and there's no attempt to find the scum out of those four. imo p scummy

AA -- i think he's a good guy. vote on IP makes sense, pressure on asiina and imgay seems genuine. town

asiina -- feels pretty solidly town to me too (at least, as far as d1 goes). seems to engaged in a way that feels town

db -- hasnt done much besides be vaguely suspicious of toal. awoke me from my eternal slumber. maybe scum.

flerp -- garbage

IP -- kind of a lazy vote on me, but i think it was alright given that nothing was happening and somebody needs to die so yeah kill the dude with the lowest post. makes some kind of sense. a lil part of me wants to be suspicious because he was willing to give up his case on me but thats just because i was annoyed by the bad and lazy case. null, mostly. can see scum or town playing this way

imgay -- has been really weird, feels a lot less shitposty and more engaged which makes me really cautious but then i again i remember that even if hes scum he would be shitposty too so really im pretty unsure. the vote on me felt p oppurtunistic tbh. lean slightly scum

rex -- theyre in this game?

pmush -- has done practically nothing of worth except speculate on the usage of thunderdome. a lot posts, no substance. lean scum

snail -- voted me, which is a crime and the police are on their way. otherwise, looks pretty decent? fairly engaged with what we can engaged in this d1. null, maybe lean town

toal -- giving me pretty hard scum vibes because i feel scumpaz is always super self conscious and gets overly concerned with their posting and thats the vibe i get from their posts. probably my second highest scum feeling

in conclusion

##vote asf

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's nothing funny about my vote.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ip is hated again.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Votecount for Day 1

IcePhoenix (3): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Anomalous Amalgam, Anonymous, Anonymous
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Asiina, sentimental snail
Asiina (2): PMush Perfect, Toalpaz
Dick Bastardly (1): A Sometimes Food, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
A Sometimes Food (1): flerp
flerp (1): sentimental snail, IcePhoenix, imgay, IcePhoenix, sentimental snail
PMush Perfect (0): flerp, flerp

Not Voting (3): Dick Bastardly, IcePhoenix, KhediveRex

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 06th, 2019 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 10 minutes.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can the OP be more useful with char list.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm at the bar but here. Fyi

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

imgay posted:

Can the OP be more useful with char list.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

I'm at the bar but here. Fyi

:same:

Phone has plenty of juice to get to deadline.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Flerp's breakdown of this game is wildly off-point.

He calls Asiina and AA likely town. Goes on to say he has a scum-ish read on Toal. This scenario doesn't work. Why on earth does scum Toal step in to try and end a town slap fight?

Your read at the moment is that you don't think AA is scum, but someone from scum team jumped in to take the unpopular position of defending him? That's wild man.

But also! The vote on asf is so poorly justified. Asf hasn't really participated the whole drat game. The first time they speak up to express the (very reasonable) notion that scum can be found somewhere in the asiina/aa/toal slapfight, flerp throws a vote down because the notion wasn't deeply explored enough.

Flerp at no point disagrees with asf's summation. Flerp doesn't attempt to decide who in the slapfight is scum himself. And yet, posting that summation without a deep analysis is enough of a scum-tell to make asf flerp's first lynch. A better candidate than any of the people in the slapfight, despite him saying he thinks toal is scummy.

There's like three things about this post that don't get posted by a man operating in strict honesty. And now, I am suspicious.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It sounds like people generally (3-4) think I'm scum why not go me?

I'm a town power role, what's the alternative if people have one.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

In my opinion, the best thing we've gotten today is the slapfight. I think there is a very decent chance that AA and Toal are on a scum team together.

There is still time to successfully vote out AA. If he doesn't flip scum, it venerates Toal and throws shade on Asiina. If he does flip scum, we go for Toal tomorrow. We learn something meaningful from AA's flip no matter what it end up being, we'll have direction and momentum for the next game day

vote## AA

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Haha,

As an aside defending town as scum isn't uncommon, because you know they flip town and it looks like your read was right.

I'm okay taking out AA, asiina and snail shouldn't have a problem right?

Nice vote.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

KhediveRex posted:

Flerp's breakdown of this game is wildly off-point.

He calls Asiina and AA likely town. Goes on to say he has a scum-ish read on Toal. This scenario doesn't work. Why on earth does scum Toal step in to try and end a town slap fight?

Your read at the moment is that you don't think AA is scum, but someone from scum team jumped in to take the unpopular position of defending him? That's wild man.

But also! The vote on asf is so poorly justified. Asf hasn't really participated the whole drat game. The first time they speak up to express the (very reasonable) notion that scum can be found somewhere in the asiina/aa/toal slapfight, flerp throws a vote down because the notion wasn't deeply explored enough.

Flerp at no point disagrees with asf's summation. Flerp doesn't attempt to decide who in the slapfight is scum himself. And yet, posting that summation without a deep analysis is enough of a scum-tell to make asf flerp's first lynch. A better candidate than any of the people in the slapfight, despite him saying he thinks toal is scummy.

There's like three things about this post that don't get posted by a man operating in strict honesty. And now, I am suspicious.

i guess ill say that a lot of my opinions r overall lukewarm and i can be (and probably am) wildly wrong. but nah i fundamentally disagree w/ the assessment that scum toal wouldnt try to stop a town slapfight. why not try to look reasonable by stopping a slapfight, esp one that doesnt look like its gonna be effective at getting either of them lunched? also to show my hand a lil, i voted asf as a way to probe so theyd justify their reasoning but didnt want to actually overtly say this. i knew the vote wouldnt actually mean much since i didnt think anybody which switch onto asf and was p much prepared to concede the vote by the end of the day. it seemed to have failed tho since asf hasnt said anything :(

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote Toalpaz

Money where my mouth is.

I'm not sure I like AA's post but I am sure that defending them doesn't look good.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
not sure how I feel about KR here. Seems like that post was chain lunchy.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Nice vote.

You're so unapologetically kind and good and probably handsome and rich. I bet you have really nice teeth and interesting hobbies

Hey though man, wheres that AA vote you said you were fine with?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

not sure how I feel about KR here. Seems like that post was chain lunchy.

I'm not sure how I feel about db here. You promised me a thunderdome. I waited for you. I waited hours. In the rain. It was cold and lonely and I cried.

A bunch.

...Is it a chain lunch if I'm the one campaigning for it? ...

...Is it a chain lunch if it's a reaction to the only proper evidence in the round?...

...Is it wrong to feel so right?...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

KhediveRex posted:

You're so unapologetically kind and good and probably handsome and rich. I bet you have really nice teeth and interesting hobbies

Hey though man, wheres that AA vote you said you were fine with?

You literally fake voted

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

KhediveRex posted:

In my opinion, the best thing we've gotten today is the slapfight. I think there is a very decent chance that AA and Toal are on a scum team together.

There is still time to successfully vote out AA. If he doesn't flip scum, it venerates Toal and throws shade on Asiina. If he does flip scum, we go for Toal tomorrow. We learn something meaningful from AA's flip no matter what it end up being, we'll have direction and momentum for the next game day

vote## AA

Yikes! This is real bad.

Vote for someone you think is scum, not because it'll make other people look better/worse.

I checked and it's Rex's 4th game which may still be new enough to not realize how bad this is. Not even necessarily scummy bad, just terrible play bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway it's 45 minutes until deadline. Do we even have enough people to vote out anyone but IP who is just stacking hated onto him?

I honestly think I'd rather no lynch than vote IP. I can't see how that's a scum role.