Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Captainicus posted:

I chuckle to myself every time I see someone with diamond guns, but giant old blocky tan holosight on top and big muzzle attachments like a silencer on a gun with large, uncolourable parts like the magazines on most guns.

preferably, these attachments would have their own separate skins that cost renown so people know you actually do in fact main this character you originally had opened an alpha pack for and got a legendary pistol with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
We have 4 playing on PS4 if anyone wants in.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I tried to join the PS4 crew last night and got kicked. Am I not invited anymore?

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
What's a viable strat against like, egregiously bad luck.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Kingfish posted:

I tried to join the PS4 crew last night and got kicked. Am I not invited anymore?

We didn't siege last night. What's your PSN?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

AppleDan posted:

What's a viable strat against like, egregiously bad luck.

rely less on luck, play it safe

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Wooper posted:

rely less on luck, play it safe

Big words https://streamable.com/si4ht

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it was the person in the window's job to kill anyone in there but also lol @ that breach

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Thief posted:

it was the person in the window's job to kill anyone in there but also lol @ that breach

With my friends It feels like I'm either playing with no team or my other friend gets online and cleans them all out before I get to walk onto the map, no inbetween. Also that breach was perfect, the universe decided I didn't deserve that kill.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Cup Runneth Over posted:

And they put you on an arcade cabinet

That guy died IRL IIRC.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

my kinda ape posted:

That guy died IRL IIRC.

Diemond

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol

AppleDan posted:

With my friends It feels like I'm either playing with no team or my other friend gets online and cleans them all out before I get to walk onto the map, no inbetween. Also that breach was perfect, the universe decided I didn't deserve that kill.

i always overlap hibana charged because that skinny rail thing happens a lot if you dont. they should still stick to really goofy angles it lands on the edge wrong. a big part of the hibana "fix" was focused moreso on keeping them from bouncing off than avoiding segmented breaches iirc

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

my kinda ape posted:

That guy died IRL IIRC.

Yup.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Bought the Standard edition on PS4 yesterday and ended up playing 4 hours with two friends who also just bought it.

My very first impression was terrible - due to the PS4 having this "play once the first chunk is downloaded" system, I first had access to just the very first Situation and the 30 FPS in that felt baaad, especially after having just played a ton of BLOPS4. Just super weird that the Situations have 30 FPS (unless you disable vsync, which makes it all work great)

Playing actual multiplayer with friends was great! Was surprised at the amount of maps in the game, I think we got lucky and didn't have any repeats during the time we played - though it also meant every first round was a whole bunch of "I have no idea where to go or where the enemies might come from"

Also I got a 30 minute ban at one point since I (accidentally!) managed to kill one of my buddies twice in the same match. Wish there was a vote option in those cases, especially when it's literally somebody in your party...

And what's up with people sometimes killing teammates at the start of a round? Saw it happen a few times. Some accidental damage I can understand, even though it sucks - justified by everybody trying to kill those drones.

Already kinda bummed I didn't splurge for the complete edition, I think we'll be playing quite a bit more.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Thief posted:

lol

i always overlap hibana charged because that skinny rail thing happens a lot if you dont. they should still stick to really goofy angles it lands on the edge wrong. a big part of the hibana "fix" was focused moreso on keeping them from bouncing off than avoiding segmented breaches iirc

That skinny rail was the least of my problems I assure you

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wait what level of detail you need to set up to see operators emote like that Valk?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Angryhead posted:

And what's up with people sometimes killing teammates at the start of a round? Saw it happen a few times. Some accidental damage I can understand, even though it sucks - justified by everybody trying to kill those drones.

For attackers it is usually a teammate running in front of a person about to take out an outside cam or bust a window.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
For everyone it's someone being a dick on purpouse since "lol it's casual"

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Any goons who want to be seige buddies with a newer player? I've put in 25 hours. I'm PST but usually play after 9 or 10

psn = snackytongs

Siege on PS4 is fun too so if you see me online I'm always open to play with goons. Or I'll just invade your session. Let's spam maps with traps :getin:

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 6, 2019

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
I want to like Blitz but then poo poo like this happen
https://streamable.com/3x4l5
And then I see that people like Macie Jay want shield nerfed ?

Krogort fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 6, 2019

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Krogort posted:

This poo poo has only happened to me since Wind Bastion dropped.

Kerrow
Mar 18, 2011

ZERO-G HERO
http://imgs.fyi/img/6zfq.png

welp, it's only downhill from here.

e: for some reason imgur won't let me upload anything :/

Kerrow fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 6, 2019

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Shield desync has been horrendous since Wind Bastion. That Cav probably saw you as basically walking sideways.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Time to post this again huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kgpX1xc3yg

tomdidiot posted:

Nice one. I've only aced 4 times in the year I've played Siege for - and two of those four times were because the other team got stupid and pushed one by one in a 1 vs 5 situation and turned what should've been a 5 vs 1 gunfight into 5 1 vs 1 gunfights. I mean, I was lucky enough to have a nutty gun to help me clutch that out (Twitch's FAMAS F2 in one case and Smoke's SMG-11 pre-nerf in the other), but no gun is going to help you kill 3 people all shooting at you at once.

It's usually that. People think they have you bang to rights and file outside one by one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prc9kGSzz9A

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 6, 2019

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

This is why I never play blitz, I've been shot through my shield and have had my hand full auto'd with perfect accuracy way too many loving times.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Guillermus posted:

Siege on PS4 is fun too so if you see me online I'm always open to play with goons. Or I'll just invade your session. Let's spam maps with traps :getin:

Hell yeah, I think we're already friends, too!

What time zone are you?

:( none of my other goon friends will play, even though they already own the game.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I just picked up Jackal, does he have any outright bad guns? Also is the baby shotgun worth a drat? Because it's so cute!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

TheKingslayer posted:

I just picked up Jackal, does he have any outright bad guns? Also is the baby shotgun worth a drat? Because it's so cute!

His rifle is one of if not the best in the game. His PDW is okay to great depending on your playstyle, and the shotgun is ehhh. The shorty shotgun is the strongest shotgun in the game at 1 meter but it also has the sharpest damage falloff so it sucks rear end past like 2.5 meters. It's worth bringing for its utility alone though as you can use it to make kill holes or break dropdowns and whatnot.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Yep. Bring shotgun, shoot holes, scan footsteps through holes

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I swear by Jackal and the PDW, but if you're a tryhard, rifle is fine.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Jackal's shotgun is satisfying to fire but not good to actually use, especially considering how much better the other two guns are.

For advanced uses, you can blow a hole in the floor or ceiling to scan footprints. Have to go prone to get them on a floor below which makes it more dangerous. Certain drone holes can also reveal footprints.

Never run around with his visor on either. If you get shot your vision goes fucky. Turn it on for a quick check, then back off.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

big boi posted:

Yep. Bring shotgun, shoot holes, scan footsteps through holes

This. The shotgun is extremely useful for opening new killholes around the map.
It's also good as a 'last resort' weapon, for when your AR is out of ammo and a defender is charging at your position. Much more useful than the pistol, in that regard.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I haven't played in two months, hopped on last night and got an ace with mute trying out his shotgun + SMG 11.

Sometimes the wind's at your back, sometimes it isn't

https://streamable.com/6epod

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Hell yeah, I think we're already friends, too!

What time zone are you?

:( none of my other goon friends will play, even though they already own the game.

GMT +1 (spain). I've played a few times with some goons but time zones are a bitch since there are only a few of EU PS4 goons out there so is mostly me pulling late nights with NA players.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Started playing this game a bit again, made me remember some pro strats me and some some bros did when the game first came out, very high skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-QVl1d4xAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwE7S1baA5s

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Penpal posted:

I haven't played in two months, hopped on last night and got an ace with mute trying out his shotgun + SMG 11.

Sometimes the wind's at your back, sometimes it isn't

https://streamable.com/6epod

I have never gotten to play against people as unaware as these, I would have been shot up through the hatch as it opened.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

SpazmasterX posted:

This poo poo has only happened to me since Wind Bastion dropped.

Ive stopped playing blitz for now. It is legit like the shield isnt there. I just get domed through it constantly.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard

BadLlama posted:

Started playing this game a bit again, made me remember some pro strats me and some some bros did when the game first came out, very high skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-QVl1d4xAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwE7S1baA5s

Hostage is just fundamentally broken. You shoot the hostage 3 times with most defender SMGs and they're basically almost dead. A bad spray, or even a misthrown flashbang can down them (If you've used Bandit/Cav), which really cuts the timer down for the other team.

Obviously, it also means you can down the hostage quite easily as well, so you definitely shouldn't be using them as cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Krogort posted:

Cav's pistol does 99 damage at that range so she got lucky and hit you twice in the hand. Her pistol is kind of bullshit tbh. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it needs nerfed/redesigned but it can definitely be frustrating to go up against.