Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
so apparently the reason the pentagon bathrooms are cleaned so frequently is because so many people throw up from stress the stomach acid was doing a number on the porcelain

i didn't think it was a thing until i was taking a leak and a dude lost his lunch in the stall today while saying 'it's just a half hour' and my boss was like 'yeah i throw up about five or six times a month here'

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
vas get some other job man

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

There's a local Chicago & Milwaukee chain that's like that, Cermak Fresh Market. Basically a Whole Foods crossed with a huge Mexican grocery store. It owns and is cheap as hell.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

We are hiring people to do windows reimagining in Bremerton.

You’ll be puking for other reasons besides stress.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Vasudus posted:

so apparently the reason the pentagon bathrooms are cleaned so frequently is because so many people throw up from stress the stomach acid was doing a number on the porcelain

i didn't think it was a thing until i was taking a leak and a dude lost his lunch in the stall today while saying 'it's just a half hour' and my boss was like 'yeah i throw up about five or six times a month here'

Framing this for when my wife and others ask why I don't go back to work in a national security field.

Happy with my chillax academic research job.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Vasudus posted:

Jesus loving Christ :catstare:

Get the hell out

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Nah, I'm fine now. It took some time getting used to things like "responsibility" and "deadlines" but as I've taken to telling people "The building might be on fire but my job is to wash the windows".

I had several 'come to jesus' meetings with the person I'm replacing, my client, and my leadership this week and we're all on the same page for now. My team has a very specific task to do, and nobody is gonna gently caress with us doing it.

It's just incredibly amusing to me because I've spent most of my adult life trying to be as far away from the flagpole as I can and welp, now I get to see how this side of business works.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Well we've all seen how hosed up the military can be, why would anyone think that it isn't a top to bottom problem that exists on all levels?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

That’s kind of insane. It’s really common to see girls run into the bathroom crying at work. I asked my girlfriend about this and she’s like, “oh yea I cried about twice a month the first few years.”

I just go take a walk in Millennium Park if poo poo is getting stupid.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A Bad Poster posted:

Reminds me of Jungle Jim's outside of Cincinnati. They have a motherfucking monorail.

Jungle Jim's is a cool store. I shop there every time I am in the area.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress office work forever.

My work stress is gently caress-all. Love the weed fields. Still don't buy the hippy bullshit that half the people in the industry still grasp to (feed your plants love, man, type of people). No, feed your plants nutrients and water and CO2.

Moved 160 plants from nursery to flower house today. Most were already five feet tall, going to spring up to 7-8 feet before they finish flowering. loving monster plants. Love it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Vasudus posted:

Oh hey! I remember doing that! Its super gross because its liquid but sometimes also foam.

Everyone drinks uppers? Coffee, redbull/monster?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'd go back to making minimum wage (minus some wage theft by the owner) as a barista before I put myself through that poo poo.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Watching The Handmaid's Tale. Goddamn this show is good, also now I know what Mike Pence's 4th term would look like.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
So that obnoxious Chevy guy is back. What collective bunch of idiots voted Chevy better quality over Honda or Toyota?

I’ve had 4 Chevy’s, all of them were dead before 80,000 miles.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
My 52 year old Chevy is doing ok. :shrug:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My dad had a Chevy C10 that I learned how to drive on. It was a heavy piece of poo poo but it was reliable as hell.

Took some photos tonight. Still experimenting with in camera double exposure. Different blend modes do different things. It's wild

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY AT HALF TIME THERE WAS loving A DOGGO DOING loving TRICKS!

WAIT! TWO DOGGOS!?

THREE!? OH MY GOD

And dancing and stuff. I dunno I just kinda blacked out after the third dog. Heart couldn't handle it.

Album: https://imgur.com/a/5urWWaD

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/OyasuAmi/status/1081015921483776002

I laughed way too hard at this.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Never seen a tiger with diabetes before.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That's because the tiger stripes conceal the diabetes duh

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Man I thought stripes where supposed to be thinning when vertical.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You can feel his heart but you know he's got high blood pressure.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
"The Diabetic Retinopathy of the Tiger" just doesn't have the same ring to it

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I got a job as a county employee so I'm pretty relieved to be a part of PERS and have a Union.

I mainly fix airport self check-in kiosks, walk 10 miles a day, and I'm pretty stress free.

Weed helps, but I don't want to ruin my career by getting into an accident with an airliner, so I have to dial it back.

You don't have to have a dream job to be relatively stress free. There will always be some motherfucker trying to ice skate uphill, your shouldn't join them nor allow other dipshits to join them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Turning in my notice tomorrow. Another agency came along not too long ago for a much more enticing position. If this role doesn’t work out, I’m probably leaving the industry for good.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

holocaust bloopers posted:

Turning in my notice tomorrow. Another agency came along not too long ago for a much more enticing position. If this role doesn’t work out, I’m probably leaving the industry for good.

Good luck man. That's gotta be scary, still.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Wasabi the J posted:

Good luck man. That's gotta be scary, still.

Thanks. It’s a little stressful. I’ve bounced around a lot since finishing college to get my salary up to a high level for someone with barely 3 years experience. I’ve been very unsatisfied so far, and I think a lot of it has to due with my precious clients being such a mess to work with.

This new role is lateral in terms of compensation but the client is in a very different industry, and I’m at the ground-level to shape everything in a positive manner going forward.

No more consumer food poo poo for me. It’s hard to get that stink off of you.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

My folks came down to visit us this weekend as we were at the in-laws for Christmas. They got us a new probe thermometer and a few other kitchen things we needed. The one thing that really surprised me and was very touching was one of the cast iron pans from my Grandmother's house. She was from the south and this pan is the most cured I have ever seen a cast iron. Last year she passed and they just recently cleared out the house and I mentioned to my mom if they had saved any of them, so it was nice of her to pass that on. Was a nice way to start the new year.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

southern cured cast iron pans are like a goddamn holy relic

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mostly cause old school cast iron had a more finished surface as opposed to modern stuff being rough. I've got a vintage griddle and a small skillet that I can make scrambled eggs on with almost no sticking.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DoktorLoken posted:

Mostly cause old school cast iron had a more finished surface as opposed to modern stuff being rough. I've got a vintage griddle and a small skillet that I can make scrambled eggs on with almost no sticking.

I just got a Field skillet. They machine the inside smooth. More expensive than Lodge, but at least a modern manufacturer is starting to smooth their poo poo now and I support that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

I just got a Field skillet. They machine the inside smooth. More expensive than Lodge, but at least a modern manufacturer is starting to smooth their poo poo now and I support that.

i love my lodge but a smooth cast pan sounds so nice

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

Those look nice but the price. :stonklol:

I'll stick to vintage for smoother stuff, but not that I really need any more cast iron between my 12" lodge, vintage unbranded 8", and griddle. Also a Le Creuset dutch oven.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I bookmarked that page...planning to overhaul my kitchen stuff after the next move. A nicer cast iron skillet would be an excellent addition.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

anyone looking for an IT job?

https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk...aign=job_alerts

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Working for anything gun related in Newtown would make me very loving :smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Looks like Vice won't be available in my Munich cinema of choice for original sound movies. Bummed.

Though Glass is playing, so I might instead go for that one.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Godholio posted:

I bookmarked that page...planning to overhaul my kitchen stuff after the next move. A nicer cast iron skillet would be an excellent addition.

Antique stores. Had an ex-girlfriend who loved antiquing. She gave me some cast iron she picked up from there as a Birthday present once. Best pans I own, including my all-clad.

Fun fact. Whenever Social Distortion tours, Mike Ness gets his own dedicated runner at venues. Why? So he can go hit up antique stores and flea markets before his set. Apparently, that's his favorite hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Brute Squad posted:

Antique stores. Had an ex-girlfriend who loved antiquing. She gave me some cast iron she picked up from there as a Birthday present once. Best pans I own, including my all-clad.

Fun fact. Whenever Social Distortion tours, Mike Ness gets his own dedicated runner at venues. Why? So he can go hit up antique stores and flea markets before his set. Apparently, that's his favorite hobby.

Sounds dope. I have about 5 in my home city I take a walk through once a quarter.