Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa posted:

The bad man was forced out of the company though

Well unless he took his bad pizza recipe with him, my point stands!

It must be kinda humiliating to be forced out of a business you named after yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gripweed posted:

I don't know if this is the best joke about train scales ever made but gently caress, it's up there. And it's hosed up that it passed without notice

it's alright but it's even funnier that you keep asking for recognition about it. Don't be your own cheering section, it's a bad look.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'm sorry, I really wish I was into model trains/gunpla enough that I got the joke. :(

Whenever it's free, I actually like the pepper, but that garlic-flavored grease is a horrific loving abomination.

PHUO: Tzatziki is the god of all sauces.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Personally, I think that if the train scale joke was explained to me I would be able to appreciate it on the level it deserves. Care to post about what made the joke work Gripweed? If I understand it I may post it in the "Funny Forums Quotes" thread. We're just talking about racism in there anyways.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Solice Kirsk posted:

Personally, I think that if the train scale joke was explained to me I would be able to appreciate it on the level it deserves. Care to post about what made the joke work Gripweed? If I understand it I may post it in the "Funny Forums Quotes" thread. We're just talking about racism in there anyways.

Model trains have different scales, each scale is denoted by a letter

As I said, no other kind of miniature uses that scale, which makes it difficult to use model train stuff with wargaming miniatures or what have you. I expressed my frustration with that by saying "More like FOH scale" I used the naming convention of model train scales, N scale, HO scale, etc. but the letters I used were FOH, which is shorthand for gently caress Outta Here

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Never explain your jokes. You wouldn't want to end up like this character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47mA5_nAtWY

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It must be kinda humiliating to be forced out of a business you named after yourself.

Yeah well that’s what happens when you drop an N-bomb during a conference about how to fix your PR problems.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I read that they were doing some sort of role-play exercise which is why he did it but that still doesn't make any sense.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Babies and children are cute and fun and people who don't like children are almost as weird as people who have a strong preference of dogs or cats vs. the other, instead of just liking both like a human being.

People who don't like crows because they bring bad luck or something or pigeons or who kick at them on the street are scumbags and that poo poo should be fined.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I dislike babies/children but I like both cats and dogs. Probably like cats/dogs better than babies/children, honestly.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe
I don't think liking one animal more than another is weird. Cats and dogs are very different to deal with (plus other pets like bird, fish, rodents, etc), so it makes sense that different personality types would prefer different kinds of pet ownership. Dogs are cute and I will happily pet someone else's, but I have no desire to be responsible for one. Cats just suit me better.

I agree that people who always dislike children are weird. If you can't even appreciate a cute happy baby you need to lighten up.

My phuo: I don't think it's anyone else's business how someone else eats. I'm on a special diet prescribed by my neurologist and neurosurgeon and I'm shocked at the number of people who think they know better than doctors do. Uninformed, unrequested opinons about my own health can gently caress right off.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Telemaze posted:

I don't think liking one animal more than another is weird. Cats and dogs are very different to deal with (plus other pets like bird, fish, rodents, etc), so it makes sense that different personality types would prefer different kinds of pet ownership. Dogs are cute and I will happily pet someone else's, but I have no desire to be responsible for one. Cats just suit me better.

I mean, I get not wanting to care for one or the other or either, but some people are all like "i'm a dog person, not a cat person" like it's an identity. That always struck me as neurotic, same with superstitions about certain animals.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I believe I mentioned before that I don't understand why people want to have children to the point where I really have no idea why my own parents even wanted to have me, so I probably just don't have a healthy attitude on the subject.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is it because your parents wanted to gently caress and the catholic church didn't allow contraception or something

I watched a cool irish movie called Sing Street and that happened in the story

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Babies are universally creepy and gross. There's never been one instance in my life where I've been amazed by someone's snotty, lumpy kid.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

I dislike babies/children but I like both cats and dogs. Probably like cats/dogs better than babies/children, honestly.

Philip K Dick was the same way.

Although he had kids.

I will say this, kids are expensive and are almost guaranteed to a) disappoint you and b) outlive you.

If not b) it's cuz you were up too late watching Adult Swim and got really invested in the idea of Gerber Baby Insurance. And that ICP baby coffin started looking a little too cool.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

syscall girl posted:

I will say this, kids are expensive and are almost guaranteed to a) disappoint you and b) outlive you.
b) is kinda the point though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like cute happy kids. Most of the time they aren’t either, especially if they’re random kids about town and not famiy or friends’ kids. I’m not a “crotschspawn” guy but being stuck behind three rowdy kids at the supermarket is just annoying.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

b) is kinda the point though.

Yeah but some people really hate the idea.

Same thing with parrots.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

syscall girl posted:

Yeah but some people really hate the idea.

Same thing with parrots.

The major difference there is that, when you die, your children will most likely be independent adults whereas your parrot will require someone else to take on its care and upkeep.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't generally care about newborns much since they just lie there and all look similar but when they're a few months old and start having a will of their own I think they're cute

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

The major difference there is that, when you die, your children will most likely be independent adults whereas your parrot will require someone else to take on its care and upkeep.

Qualifying words.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Is it because your parents wanted to gently caress and the catholic church didn't allow contraception or something

My parents are Christians, not Catholics.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Wheat Loaf posted:

My parents are Christians, not Catholics.

Oh, word? Which Orthodox denomination do they belong to?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Orthodox Pentecostal

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

christmas boots posted:

Orthodox Pentecostal

Calvin Hobbesian

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Vic Mackey from the shield was a good cop and the streets were safer because of him.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
The Princess and the Frog is my favorite Disney animated movie.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Leavemywife posted:

The Princess and the Frog is my favorite Disney animated movie.

Same.

I also loving love New Orleans. Is it objectively The Best? Lord no, but despite its flaws it has the best people, the best history, the best dreams. Old, french, black, progressive, southern, seafood: perfect.

Legit it has the best people I’ve ever met.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Vic Mackey from the shield was a good cop and the streets were safer because of him.

He, like every single cop, is a sociopathic gangster given legal authority to rob and murder the underclass.

The people who hide behind them deserve to live in the hell world they fear would come if they went away. Unfortunately they would only have to live with the guilt of wholeheartedly supporting a genocidal death squad that made the world a worse place.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

The bad man was forced out of the company though

True but it's still the worst pizza money can buy that doesn't come from a freezer aisle.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MizPiz posted:

He, like every single cop, is a sociopathic gangster given legal authority to rob and murder the underclass.

The people who hide behind them deserve to live in the hell world they fear would come if they went away. Unfortunately they would only have to live with the guilt of wholeheartedly supporting a genocidal death squad that made the world a worse place.

What about Dutch and CCH Pounder?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I have no problem with religion in general at all but prosperity theology and pentecostalism in particular is a plague

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

*coughs goonishly*

So The Wire

McNulty was such an honest portrayal of a cop it was great. His wake was a little disappointing in that he attended it and was predictably drunk. But honestly that's what a dick looks like. Drinking way too hard trying to process what an unbelievably lovely job he does.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

True but it's still the worst pizza money can buy that doesn't come from a freezer aisle.

whoa whoa whoa, it's not 1982, there are actually really good frozen pizzas out there

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

What about Dutch and CCH Pounder?

dutch strangled a cat

cch pounder was pretty clean though, I have to admit.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
DnD needs to be GBS 2.0ed. Or converted into pure LF in other words, I guess.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Do you not know that CSPAM exists? Not every subforum needs to be the exact same thing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

CSPAM has too much...well, SPAM. I like reading it sometimes but you leave for like an hour and there are like 1000 unread posts. I don't know how the people who post there manage to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

yeah I eat rear end posted:

CSPAM has too much...well, SPAM. I like reading it sometimes but you leave for like an hour and there are like 1000 unread posts. I don't know how the people who post there manage to keep up.

:justpost: