Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Welcome to the daily drawings and doodles thread!

Are you doing a daily drawing challenge for a month or year? Post here!
Doodle something cool that's not good enough to go anywhere else? Post here!
Don't feel confident enough to call your art "art" yet? Post here!
Sketches, studies, artistic successes and failures, paintings real and digital, incomplete efforts, technique/colour/material tests, poo poo you drew in the margins of your textbook?

:justpost:

No art is too terrible to post. If you want to talk about the art thing you made or ask for advice on your art thing, guess what? You can post here!

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
To get us started on a glorious new year, a new qwent card!:

(I just got the borders n poo poo from a gwent card-maker online)

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Awwwwwwww yeah. New year, new thread!

I'm going to try and do a drawing a day. I'm sure to varying degrees of success and failure. We'll see how it goes. Might be pencil, might be digital, might be crayons. Right now it's pencil.

I've got the first four days done. 361 to go. I did the fourth day early. Sue me.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
https://twitter.com/muffinlordArt/status/1080974497350594560?s=19

I didn't so much draw this as I did open a wormhole and pull it from my mailbox nine hundred years from now, I suppose.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

heavy liquid posted:

I'm going to try and do a drawing a day. I'm sure to varying degrees of success and failure. We'll see how it goes. Might be pencil, might be digital, might be crayons. Right now it's pencil.

You're off to a good start! With a daily grind I found that sometimes Life comes at you with special punching gloves and that you should be forgiving to yourself if your daily art turns out to be a doodle of a bunnybutt, as long as you get it done.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Doing a doodle a day so here's 1st-4th featuring my getting home at 10pm panda eye self-portrait and an adorable child on the subway in a dinosaur jacket. I want that jacket.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

almost done with this commission

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

messin around w permanent marker

DMST
Jul 11, 2006
Our Man in Havana.

Stream of consciousness with pen. Fooling around with textures.

DMST fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 4, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Well I did this in 2019 so I'm puttin it here too :colbert:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
don't have anything particularly new because im working on this avatar and its taking me forever but i feel like i should post something 4 the new thread

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'll try to do more complete works this year instead of pages upon pages of incomplete doodles.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

New year new dogs.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

almost done with this commission

Alternate dimension Jhonny 5-aces, I see. Just missing the bulge. Looking good though! I'm particularly impressed by the green glare on the glasses, telling me he's got the special coating on his expensive almost-frameless glasses.

my buddy Superfly posted:

New year new dogs.

Have you given any thought to how long you're gonna keep going with dogs? I mean. Cats. Bunnies. Just sayin'.

Here's a neural blowout:

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Alternate dimension Jhonny 5-aces, I see. Just missing the bulge. Looking good though! I'm particularly impressed by the green glare on the glasses, telling me he's got the special coating on his expensive almost-frameless glasses.

Have you given any thought to how long you're gonna keep going with dogs? I mean. Cats. Bunnies. Just sayin'.

Here's a neural blowout:

I would like to at the very least reach 1000 drawings which I might some time this year. In general I kinda just want to keep doing daily drawings for as long as I possibly can.

Also here dog.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sharpest Crayon posted:

You're off to a good start! With a daily grind I found that sometimes Life comes at you with special punching gloves and that you should be forgiving to yourself if your daily art turns out to be a doodle of a bunnybutt, as long as you get it done.

Thanks! I'm sure there will be many bunnybutts doodled this year. Wait, that's not what I meant.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Here's a neural blowout:

I just noticed him reading "HACK", well done!

my buddy Superfly posted:

I would like to at the very least reach 1000 drawings which I might some time this year. In general I kinda just want to keep doing daily drawings for as long as I possibly can.

Also here dog.

1000 drawings this year! And I thought I was crazy for trying to do 365.
Love the dog at the heater bonfire, by the way! Even dogs need to replenish their estus every now and then.

Here's no. 5. A friendly fellow wearing his boxers a bit too high.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 5, 2019

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Hey! Long time no see. I got really caught up in work recently, but now that I'm on holidays in the alps I got plenty of time to draw around again.

Argue posted:

I'll try to do more complete works this year instead of pages upon pages of incomplete doodles.

I really like your style in general, but this one is extra nice. Well done!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Isabellemont

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Not gonna lie, I took this out for a more standard glare

(finished)

quote:

Here's a neural blowout:

Also this is awesome. I like the composition a lot

Argue posted:

Love this too. Is that stripe effect like a hue/brightness jitter on the brush? It looks really cool

ThePlague-Daemon fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 6, 2019

content
Feb 13, 2014

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

Love this too. Is that stripe effect like a hue/brightness jitter on the brush? It looks really cool

That's exactly what it is! The whole underpainting was with a jittered brush, in pencil mode (for the hard edged pixelly effect). I didn't actually intend to keep the effect all the way to the end but then I realized it actually lent some personality to subjects that are related to tech.

Edit: today's work

https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1081919584523841537

Argue fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jan 6, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drew a friend's D&D druid character:

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Elentor posted:

Drew a friend's D&D druid character:

I like this!

I also drew someone else's character:

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Today I did not manage to put together anything of worth and had to scrap three drawings, getting incredibly mad and frustrated in the process. Not a good day. I did manage to finish this one though it did not make me happy.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Today I thought "Yeah my lizardperson is shaping up, well, maybe I should try to stop hiding behind claw-feet and do a proper pair of boots too" and well what do you know, normal people boots look really out of place on lizard-people.
"Maybe they look out of place 'cause she has no other clothes!"
Then I tried to give her more clothes and since I wasn't doing proper thinking, I went with my Default Clothes, turtleneck shirt and shorts.

"Now my badass lizard-woman is wearing teenager gear that's badly outdated. Do I .. do I give her tits to make her look older? Why would a lizard even have tits? That's it I'm done for today."

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Today I thought "Yeah my lizardperson is shaping up, well, maybe I should try to stop hiding behind claw-feet and do a proper pair of boots too" and well what do you know, normal people boots look really out of place on lizard-people.
"Maybe they look out of place 'cause she has no other clothes!"
Then I tried to give her more clothes and since I wasn't doing proper thinking, I went with my Default Clothes, turtleneck shirt and shorts.

"Now my badass lizard-woman is wearing teenager gear that's badly outdated. Do I .. do I give her tits to make her look older? Why would a lizard even have tits? That's it I'm done for today."
give her one of those ribbed waterproof vests that old chinese people wear when walking around the neighboorhood, that should do the trick

no but seriously though looks good but imo the eyes are too frontal for a lizard person

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

I love love love your colors and brush choices. I am so jealous.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I've never done a redraw before, and finally decided to do one. I was looking at an old drawing in my sketchbook and found the original reference photo, so I gave it a shot. The original drawing is from 2 years ago.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

The improvement is well visible, but my favourite is how well your newer version captures a mood - the soft shading really makes a change.

This pikatchu looks like someone just found the puddle it left in a shoe. :3:

As for the lizard, I realized the proportions needed some adjusting to make her older.

I also tried some lizardhands, but I think functional hands might've been the better option. Not much you can do clotheswise if you character's thumb-deficient. Clawfeet make a glorious return. There's just so much power that the character loses with humanoid feet and shoes.
I think I started too humanoid to begin with, and might continue pushing in the other direction.

edited to add p.s: toasty lizard

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Slow getting drawing again in the new year. Here is a demon doodle.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
I'm doing the photoshop trial for the week and it's going p well so far, the Kyle Brushes feel really good

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

GenJoe posted:

I'm doing the photoshop trial for the week and it's going p well so far, the Kyle Brushes feel really good

That's a really good one. Looks so much like traditional media.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Pikachu hasn't been feeling very well lately. Also on the road at the moment and only brought w1, w3, w5 & w7 so let's see how far we can stretch that.

Another one before work:

Keetron fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 8, 2019

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I'll probably go back and repair the background once I've gotten more practice with drawing cities. A... lot more practice.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Sharpest Crayon posted:

The improvement is well visible, but my favourite is how well your newer version captures a mood - the soft shading really makes a change.

Thanks! I've been using the side of the pencil more than the point, which allows for smoother lines and better shading.

ps. love the tail hat. Gotta keep your extremities warm.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
https://twitter.com/muffinlordArt/status/1082751074841346048?s=19

I'm on a robot people kick lately. Why do they have hair? Why do they wear clothes? Shut up, that's why.

I'm working on a whole setting for these but also mostly I wanted a convenient reason to draw a bunch of fembots.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Still had trouble today, but it went a whole lot better than yesterday at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Playing around with the sorceress sketch from this morning...