Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

frajaq posted:

Kanoh was cured of his autism and looks much nicer

punching autistic people in the head cures them
-kengan asura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

punching autistic people in the head cures them
-kengan asura

It didn't work for me

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
That was wild.

It's one of the happiest manga I've read about buff dudes punching each other to death.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Looks like we'll find out what caused Bando to snap in the sequel.

Also, after Rihito's loss to Gensai, wasn't there a panel saying something like "These were just the start of dark days ahead for Rihito?"

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I've heard of 'being the bigger man', Kazzy, but god drat

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dr Christmas posted:

Looks like we'll find out what caused Bando to snap in the sequel.

Also, after Rihito's loss to Gensai, wasn't there a panel saying something like "These were just the start of dark days ahead for Rihito?"

It was during an omake that took place before the Kengan Tournament, and the "cruel fate" the text mentions is just his loss to Gensai, which occurred in the same volume as the omake.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
It turns out the real chairmanship of the Kengan association was the friends we made along the way.

Goddamn that was good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Another omake in the same vein is the one about Toyo's hired fighters, who all end up failing to do anything meaningful under his employ.

Likewise, this omake is also in the same volume as Julius's loss, making him the final dropout among the six here.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Heavenly Wolf dude ended being a really cool dude. He was easily the most normal among the six (other than Aku), and also left flowers for Meguro, showing a sense of empathy for his fallen comrade.

His arrogance and narcissism aside, he's actually quite generous and personable.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The Heavenly Wolf dude ended being a really cool dude. He was easily the most normal among the six (other than Aku), and also left flowers for Meguro, showing a sense of empathy for his fallen comrade.

His arrogance and narcissism aside, he's actually quite generous and personable.

He even shared top secret crotch concealable weapons tech with Aku

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tweet my meat posted:

He even shared top secret crotch concealable weapons tech with Aku

And brought sea sickness pills!

Dude is just a really good and caring friend.

Shame Setsuna was too crazy to befriend him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
All Kengans are Good Kengans.

Except the cop. gently caress him.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The manga is just really good about that.

Like Yoshitake initially comes off as some two-bit villain who can't cut it against a seasoned Nogi, but as you get into the Kengan matches you find out that he's actually got quite the tsun side to him, going out of his way to explain things to Kazu, and that he's actually considered to be a rising star in the association. He's also the first to reject Toyo's offer even if it terrifies him, and in this chapter you find that he was worried about Kazu.

I wonder if Kazu, Yoshitake, and Kenny are gonna form their own faction in the Kengan Association with the intent of reforming it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They don't call him kazzy the leader of the most influential faction in the kengan association for nothing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad Kanoh got a cool rear end motorcycle.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
No onscreen corpse, not ruling it out that Ohma shows up in the sequel.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Zerilan posted:

No onscreen corpse, not ruling it out that Ohma shows up in the sequel.

That's why Kenzo and Bando are meeting

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah gonna be pretty surprised if this wasn't a plot to fake Ohma's death to get the Tiger guys off his back, though he didn't know about it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm glad Kanoh got a cool rear end motorcycle.

One day he'll learn about Kamen Rider and then his namesake and wonder "How strong is is a Lord".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlMrSqpWYjA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so who do people think is going to be the main character in the sequel provided its not someone new and ohma is absolutely, 100% dead

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Jose posted:

so who do people think is going to be the main character in the sequel provided its not someone new and ohma is absolutely, 100% dead

Cosmo probably. Maybe Rihito but he seems more suited for being a side character. Theyre both young and showing a strive to improve. Rihito knows Yamashita too, and since hes sort of a free agent right now it could work.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Meme Emulator posted:

Cosmo probably. Maybe Rihito but he seems more suited for being a side character. Theyre both young and showing a strive to improve. Rihito knows Yamashita too, and since hes sort of a free agent right now it could work.

you don't think with the focus clearly being about Niko heirs that Cosmo as the main character is out? Rihito retains some connection on account of learning the Kaiwan style

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Of the existing characters I think Setsuna is by far the most interesting option

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 8, 2019

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I think its notable that Setsuna did not kill any of the guys from last chapter, So i'm betting a more sane Setsuna on a rampage of revenge.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Setsuna and Agito team up to take down The Real Niko

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There is no real Niko.

It's a Stand-Alone Complex.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Jose posted:

you don't think with the focus clearly being about Niko heirs that Cosmo as the main character is out? Rihito retains some connection on account of learning the Kaiwan style

Yea but the only people who have much of a connection to Niko are Setsuna and Gensai and neither of them seem like MC material. Itd be easier for the author to take someone else and magic up a connection that draws them in to the plot. Plus, I just like Cosmo.

Realistically though, if we are assuming Ohma isnt being tended to in secret then the new MC will probably be one of the other 'Tokita Niko's that did not die in the forest.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

MonsieurChoc posted:

There is no real Niko.

It's a Stand-Alone Complex.

sequel takes place twenty years later and we get a tournament full of cyborgs

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

I think its notable that Setsuna did not kill any of the guys from last chapter, So i'm betting a more sane Setsuna on a rampage of revenge.

Setsuna was always shown to be pretty chill when his murder boner wasn't in full swing. Like he seemed down right passive and gentlemanly with his employer and assistant

Sure he twisted that guys neck like an elastoman or whatever but he got better

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ohma coming back wouldn't surprise me but I actually think he might not be the MC to the sequel if he does.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

its kano agito who is the new main char

hes strong, adaptable, has a still unknown connection to niko besides gettin owned by an unknown niko

and he's got a bike!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be neat if ohma really did somehow save setsuna from his all-consuming madness by beating him up. if he became the protagonist that would mean lots more shion, too!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gensai Vs Sen might be a fun fight to watch imo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do wonder how Ohma vs. Kanoh would have shaked out. Both of them came at Gensai with a fusion of both of their states so I feel like it could have been a cool fight.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Karla Kure is going to be the main character, she is gonna meet up with Danberu girls and the whole thing is gonna become fighting underworld slice of life

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Fellis posted:

Karla Kure is going to be the main character, she is gonna meet up with Danberu girls and the whole thing is gonna become fighting underworld slice of life

I mean the best protag would be Karla and Ohmas kid but I dont think that ones gonna shake out

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kanoh has a cool new motorbike it's definitely him h til he crashes and dies in the first chapter because he doesn't know how to ride it or how traffic works

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

I mean the best protag would be Karla and Ohmas kid but I dont think that ones gonna shake out

MILF Karla.... *Lens flare eyes*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It'll be raian to defeat his brother, kanoh and setsuna for revenge and kazzy the team leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Jose posted:

Kanoh has a cool new motorbike it's definitely him h til he crashes and dies in the first chapter because he doesn't know how to ride it or how traffic works

Nah, he'll just evolve again and become a skilled driver.