Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I did wonder why they invited a load of health food experts to a pitch for liquid fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Worst series yet?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

crispix posted:

Worst series yet?
Unquestionably, yeah.
Not a single valid business plan on display and at no point did any of the tasks seem genuine to how they're portrayed.

I mean FFS we know both finalists already have an existing business, so what's the point of forcing the "final" into being "launching" their business? Including picking past contestants to go do the branding on said businesses?
It's a hilariously meaningless format this season.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I suppose you could make the tenous argument that it shows how they cope under pressure and what they do when something they're invested in goes wrong. Can't revert to the Sabrina tactic of sitting on the fence of any key decisions in the final.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
It felt like Camilla had no idea how nut milk worked though.
I get that she's rich and you can basically do whatever the gently caress you want when you are but to say she runs a business when she had no idea seems a bit far fetched.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Idk if she’s rich living in her parents house and making 6 grand a year before costs lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bape Culture posted:

Idk if she’s rich living in her parents house and making 6 grand a year before costs lol

Didn't her dad give her a commercial kitchen?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

She's rich - she's a friend of a friend.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Taear posted:

She's rich - she's a friend of a friend.

Post the goss

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I stopped watching after episode 2 because I was travelling then never bothered to catch up.

Should I bother n/n?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

lets go swimming posted:

I stopped watching after episode 2 because I was travelling then never bothered to catch up.

Should I bother n/n?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

It's good to watch if you want to know why lurdsugarr posted a loss this year.
It is however, not entertaining at all, and the concept of the show is completely lost by now.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, no.

Though tbh when he had 2 winners last year I stopped caring

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Was that even last year or this year

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

lets go swimming posted:

Should I bother n/n?

Premise: Lord Sugar is searching for a serious candidate to invest £250,000 in their business plan.There will be a weekly competition in order to weed out those lacking the necessary business instincts to become that partner.

Delivery:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Binary Logic posted:

Premise: Lord Sugar is searching for a serious candidate to invest £250,000 in their business plan.There will be a weekly competition in order to weed out those lacking the necessary business instincts to become that partner.

Delivery:

Christ you just reminded me that they spent most of the day learning that dance (on Sugar's orders) instead of doing anything productive. :negative:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
....surely you mean the producer's orders?

I feel like they wheel him in after he listens distractedly to Karen and Claude's run down and fires whoever based on that. I don't feel like he gives a poo poo anymore.
Do you remember the season from years ago when you saw him watching them on the home shopping channel, he was sitting at home with his dog in his casual gear on his sofa, tutting away. Now he will literally phone in his 'request'. I reckon he is getting doddery now and this show is low on his list of Fucks to give.
They'd be better off getting a new person in his place, and revamping the format.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rondette posted:

....surely you mean the producer's orders?

I feel like they wheel him in after he listens distractedly to Karen and Claude's run down and fires whoever based on that. I don't feel like he gives a poo poo anymore.
Do you remember the season from years ago when you saw him watching them on the home shopping channel, he was sitting at home with his dog in his casual gear on his sofa, tutting away. Now he will literally phone in his 'request'. I reckon he is getting doddery now and this show is low on his list of Fucks to give.
They'd be better off getting a new person in his place, and revamping the format.

He dishes out the red hot puns every week, he gets to take responsibility.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Rondette posted:

I'd really like it if they brought in someone who actually understood that online stuff is the future and standing at a market stall being a SELF MAHD MAHN is bollocks.

Bape Culture posted:

Post the goss

She is best friends with the family that runs Booths which is a super posh supermarket here in the Manchester area.
She has lots of money and is therefore a poo poo.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Binary Logic posted:

Delivery:

This is so sad. I will not be watching the next series. It's just too much now.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Binary Logic posted:

Delivery:

hahahah gently caress off

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-52813961

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Double whammy of Apprentice related news today:

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1265601043511066626?s=19

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
There’s a new season starting tonight…..is there a new thread??!?!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I don't know but this is promises to be worthy of a new thread after that showing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's still as shite as ever but I guess it's a bit less stale after a few years off.

It was really annoying that everyone was going on about the girl's name being too obscure when the actual problem is that it has extremely negative connotations.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
It does seem to be a particularly high standard of bellend in this collection of contestants, All the blokes seem like the kind of people that think riding an electric scooter in a suit is cool.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the american lady seems nice and intelligent, so she'll go early i suppose

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I was actually thinking of doing a thread that would have a sort of comically low-effort summary of each episode and also a summary of how we got to this point in the show's run since 2004. Would anyone be interested in that? I'm unlikely to be motivated to watch the show if not tbh

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

crispix posted:

the american lady seems nice and intelligent, so she'll go early i suppose

She doesn't seem to know what show she's on and the others are going to single her out relentlessly until she gets fired or quits.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

crispix posted:

I was actually thinking of doing a thread that would have a sort of comically low-effort summary of each episode and also a summary of how we got to this point in the show's run since 2004. Would anyone be interested in that? I'm unlikely to be motivated to watch the show if not tbh

Fire away, every year the apprentice threads have been a fun read so hopefully one can get going.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Gaz2k21 posted:

Fire away, every year the apprentice threads have been a fun read so hopefully one can get going.

hokay, i'll hold out for a little while in case someone else wants to do it

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

I loved watching the show and live posting in the threads...... I think the show peaked when Lovely Tom 😍 won and it was never quite the same after.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

And lovely Tom wound up peddling JML tier shite.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You’re never going to have a good idea on there because you wouldn’t give up 50% to a twat like Alan.
All you’re ever going to have is horrid narcissistic tossers who want to be famous for a week and have an idea like “dating app but for some reason there’s flash games on it too.”
But it does make it very very funny at least. I can’t tell who’s going to be the absolute nutter this year they all seem quite aggro already.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

stev posted:

And lovely Tom wound up peddling JML tier shite.

Hey to this day I buy and use his stupid curved nail files. They just work!

Rondette posted:

I loved watching the show and live posting in the threads...... I think the show peaked when Lovely Tom 😍 won and it was never quite the same after.

Hello friend :wave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
new series thread is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3990189&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post520551693 :holy: