Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Ohma coming back wouldn't surprise me but I actually think he might not be the MC to the sequel if he does.

Ohma coming back would really invalidate a lot of the buildup to his death and I'd hate it a lot. For once, someone used a life drain technique and actually died, he fulfilled his goal insomuch that he fought his hardest and didn't kill anyone. Revealing that he wasn't dead would be a spit in the face of his actual development as a character. Plus Yamashita, a character originally meant to be a one-off grew as a result of seeing Ohma's struggle and ultimate demise. Let the Asura rest, he's done enough fighting for dozens of lifetimes.

That being said, he could also use some BS niko style revitalization kata and be hunky dory but then I'd drop the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Im not saying g it's going to happen but it's worth preparing yourself since we didn't see a body

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's the ashita no Joe ending

He's fuckin dead

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
do we have any idea when the sequel is going to start?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wondered if that possession stuff might mean Ohma could come back as a ghost, but I don't think that's how things work in this series.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Like I agree ohma is dead however setsuna avoided a fatal attack by moving his heart so

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Gonna feel really weird not having a new chapter to read tomorrow morning. HnG has loving spoiled us for the past... what, 4 months of daily chapters?

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

Gonna feel really weird not having a new chapter to read tomorrow morning. HnG has loving spoiled us for the past... what, 4 months of daily chapters?
I know :( Those guys are amazing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What a bunch of heroes.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

gently caress yes

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
There are so many different ways the sequel can go, I'm seriously excited to see what happens. I think the Inside is going to be the big focal point, which gives us plenty of paths to follow:

-Agito seeking revenge on Real(?) Niko
-Psycho cop carrying out "justice" (with plenty of opportunities for being killed or crippled :pray:)
-Our lovable good boy Bando doing the same
-Muteba getting sent in to deal with people interfering with Togo's business
-Raian putting down that presumably loose-cannon Kure from the last scene
-Cosmo/Rihito going to the most dangerous place they can in order to gain lots of fighting experience quickly

Also, did we ever find out why Niko sought Gensai? There's got to be something interesting going on there.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Really really would like Agito as the next MC because I like him and his design a lot but probably not gonna happen

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Setsuna hunting evil Nikos and Tiger Vessels while being haunted by ghost Ohma the same way Ohma was haunted by ghost Niko and being slowly molded into sane and chill dude due to Kazzy influence is my ideal sequel setup.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think we'll get a Prisoner Arc thing with multiple characters getting to shine against The Evil Bois.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bando Yohei vs the Penal justice system.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

Setsuna hunting evil Nikos and Tiger Vessels while being haunted by ghost Ohma the same way Ohma was haunted by ghost Niko and being slowly molded into sane and chill dude due to Kazzy influence is my ideal sequel setup.

Hell, same.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fantastic Flyer posted:

There are so many different ways the sequel can go, I'm seriously excited to see what happens. I think the Inside is going to be the big focal point, which gives us plenty of paths to follow:

-Agito seeking revenge on Real(?) Niko
-Psycho cop carrying out "justice" (with plenty of opportunities for being killed or crippled :pray:)
-Our lovable good boy Bando doing the same
-Muteba getting sent in to deal with people interfering with Togo's business
-Raian putting down that presumably loose-cannon Kure from the last scene
-Cosmo/Rihito going to the most dangerous place they can in order to gain lots of fighting experience quickly

Also, did we ever find out why Niko sought Gensai? There's got to be something interesting going on there.
Which loose-canon kure are you taking about? The three new dudes revealed at the end showed no magical eyes.

edit: nevermind, it's the dude ulter muscular dude. Good catch!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The scanlation group's post on the final chapter. Including a list of all the wonderful people who make this possible and a dig at Wild Fang.

https://www.hokutonogun.com/?p=41227

quote:

2661-HIT COMBO!
Well, at least one main character got the happy ending he deserved. As for the other, good night sweet prince, and as for all the other characters, we’ll see you in the sequel. And… that… is… a… WRAP! Four months of daily releases are finally over in this huge milestone for HnG! Now, if you’ll indulge me for a minute, I’d like to give my closing thoughts.

I’m sure that there are a lot of people who were brought to this page by Kengan, and a lot of you who have been fans for a while, but to all reading here, I’d like to talk about translating and what it means to me. To me, translating is all about sharing. I’ve always been someone who loves to share things. If I read a good book, I have the urge to get others to read it. If I watch a good movie, I want to watch it with my friends. I send my friends and family links to funny videos and memes that make me laugh. The more meaningful something is to me, or the more emotions I feel from it, the more I want other people to experience the same thing for themselves. These shared experiences have always been one of the ways I connect with people. So when I got into anime, and started watching series that didn’t have fansubs, I wanted to share them with my friends. The problem was that the friends I most wanted to share them with couldn’t understand Japanese. Language became a barrier to me sharing my experience with them. With that in mind, the way to break down that barrier was translation. So starting with sharing anime with my friends, then eventually joining this group and growing it to where it is today, translation has always been a means to share the experiences of things I love with people who couldn’t otherwise. This is why I don’t translate popular (read: readily available) series, and why I don’t make any profit off of scanlating or fansubbing. To me, sharing manga with people who couldn’t otherwise read it is its own reward.

Fast forward to the spring of 2015. I was browsing Tsutaya, as I do, when I see a bunch of covers with interesting artwork of different colorful characters. I tried to make out the title, memorized it, and then as soon as I got home I searched the internet for this manga titled “Kengan Asura”. To my surprise, not only was it not scanlated, barely anybody was even talking about it. And when I opened up the first volume I got (volume 10), I was floored by an amazing fight between a sumo wrestler and a pro wrestler that just kept taking twists and turns, never once toning down the excitement, and with amazing writing to boot. While I usually stick to older series, I knew I just had to share this series. So I hit up Kazuhiko1412, whom I’d worked with for a long time and who had similar tastes to me, and we started translating it. And it didn’t take long for it to become the most popular series we translated. While I’m used to and content with translating the obscure that’s only enjoyed by a niche audience, one of my greatest joys over the past nearly four years has been looking up various parts of the Internet for people’s reactions to this manga. While I of course appreciated the thanks for the translations, what mattered to me more is that through my translations, I was able to share something I love with you, and connect with you, even if it’s in the most parasocial and superficial manner. And seeing all the reactions especially to yesterday’s chapter just blew me away.

Now this ride is over, and our work is done, so I’d like to thank the people that brought us here. First off, there’s Kazuhiko1412, who helped me start this and fought through health issues and family problems for half of the series. Next, our first redrawers, Aiolia, Dingo07897, and Akromata, whose help was essential in bringing this from a monthly-or-so release to a weekly release, and TA, whom Kazu commissioned to draw that kickass art piece we’ve used as the credits page ever since. Then there’s Jackladd, who approached me midway to check my translations and whom I’ve relied on as a second set of eyes on my scripts ever since. And finally, the group we formed to pull off the absolutely insane daily release schedule for the past four months, unofficially called the Kengan Strike Force: Stray and Tambur on typesetting, the former of which has balanced this with herding cats on the Kengan Discord (which is open again!), and to handle the hair-pullingly difficult task of redrawing, Jackladd brought in Fog, who in turn brought in a team including Toretto, TheShittyWiz, Dixchat, Alisson, and Banana. The simple fact is that I couldn’t have shared this manga with you without the help of all of these fine people, and we’re only here because of them, so be sure to give them a hand!

And lastly, I’d like to have a word to good friend of the site, Ichido Reichan from the Wild Fang Project. Normally this would be where I would do my posturing and my gloating with that Otokojuku screencap of Tazawa giving the finger, and when you made your declaration that you’d snipe the series from us and finish it by the end of the year, a younger and more foolish me might have tried to rally the forces of the Hokuto army to stop you. But seeing how things have gone over the past few months, with how you’ve conducted yourself online with nary a public mention from me on this site until now, while we not only accomplished what you said you would do, but did so without sacrificing quality, without stopping our regular projects until this past week, without asking for money or even checking the state of our donations, there’s honestly nothing that I could’ve done to you that you haven’t already done to yourself. And so, I leave you only with the words of T.S. Eliot, slightly arranged by me:

This is the way the Wild Fang ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper

Now, for the rest of you, thank you so much for all your support and being one of the best fandoms I’ve had the pleasure of being a part of and contributing to. I look forward to seeing you in the sequel, which we do plan to translate (we will not be subbing the anime though), and I hope that you’ll stick around for more anime and manga that I want to share with all of you. But for now, enjoy the epilogue!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad it was Sekibayashi vs Kiozan that inspired the dude to pick up the series.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

The Lord of Hats posted:

The saviors of century's end.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Bando Yohei vs the Penal justice system.

He's been winning that battle for 30 years correct? They need to step up their game and biohazard doctor wasn't enough.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The scanlation group's post on the final chapter. Including a list of all the wonderful people who make this possible and a dig at Wild Fang.

https://www.hokutonogun.com/?p=41227

lmao good, gently caress Wild Fang. Also I didn't notice that muscular dude at the end had the Kure eyes dang!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Plutonis posted:

lmao good, gently caress Wild Fang. Also I didn't notice that muscular dude at the end had the Kure eyes dang!

yeah same, I had seen the raws beforehand but I just now noticed Super Macho Man had Kure eyes

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Change the thread title to Kengan Ashura 2 waiting station

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You're the OP of this thread. Can't you do it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

fang got a motorcycle so hes definitely gonna be in the sequel

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I unironically think it would be kind of neat to have Raian as a protagonist.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Come on obviously it's gonna be Rihito

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Karate Grandpa series or bust

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Uh, the main character is still alive? Why would they change it for the second part?

Kazzy might need a new fighter though, I’m sure he could get a small group to protect him as he investigates the inside to get to the bottom of the Niko nonsense.

Also: major props to HnG. This series was awesome and they did excellent work in bringing it to the English-speaking world.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I unironically think it would be kind of neat to have Raian as a protagonist.

he had chilled out quite a lot after losing and partnering up with kazzy could be whats required to make him a functioning member of society

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If Metsudoh could become Chairman with a black sheep of the Kure clan, so can Kazzy!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Meinberg posted:

Uh, the main character is still alive? Why would they change it for the second part?

Kazzy might need a new fighter though, I’m sure he could get a small group to protect him as he investigates the inside to get to the bottom of the Niko nonsense.

Also: major props to HnG. This series was awesome and they did excellent work in bringing it to the English-speaking world.

Did you actually read the last two chapters, he got the Ashita no Joe death in 235 and Kazzys epilogue is "I'm going to change to honor your memory"

He's dead as poo poo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Did you actually read the last two chapters, he got the Ashita no Joe death in 235 and Kazzys epilogue is "I'm going to change to honor your memory"

He's dead as poo poo

He's saying that Kazzy is the Main character

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Only way I would be ok with Ohma returning is if Kazzy's son does some weird rear end Frankenstein poo poo to bring him back.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

He's saying that Kazzy is the Main character

They don't call him Kazzy the completely alive man for nothing

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
They're gonna bring Tokita back...

Tokita Niko.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Bando Yohei escapes the prison and travels to Tokyo to find defeat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

He's dead as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

But which man will kiss him???