Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The 90s were a weird time for Firesign Theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
that's why they so mean.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

American McGay posted:

I had Star Warped but only like 1/3 of it would run correctly on my Windows 3.1 machine.

There was also Winblows 98 which I found at a dollar store in the mid 2000s

malibu anime
Dec 23, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

wow

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://web.archive.org/web/19990208005925/http://pyst.com:80/

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
cool GBS meme dude

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
tbf gbs circa 2008 was pretty lit.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i like that the Firesign theater guy was very careful about being sued during the entire process and Cyan was just like "we don't care, actually"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

i like that the Firesign theater guy was very careful about being sued during the entire process and Cyan was just like "we don't care, actually"

lol

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

I'll forever associate this game with Nude Raider, which I think also had a boxed release. It felt like there was a hot second in the mid nineties where parody games were a real thing

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29PKwUwZjCI

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

imagine what could have been. we could have the sh*tness and it would be 1/100 the size of the witness and just prerendered scenes and it would have garbage on the ground.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the Bitcher 3: it's just a supercut of all the sex scenes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

b_d posted:

imagine what could have been. we could have the sh*tness and it would be 1/100 the size of the witness and just prerendered scenes and it would have garbage on the ground.

lol I would buy that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SoR Blaze posted:

I'll forever associate this game with Nude Raider, which I think also had a boxed release. It felt like there was a hot second in the mid nineties where parody games were a real thing
There were 4 and they were all made my the same company.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

There were 4 and they were all made my the same company.

You own all 4 Nude Raiders.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Microshaft Winblows 98 is a 1998 interactive comedy video game developed by Parroty Interactive and released by Palladium Interactive. It parodies the then-popular Windows 95 operating system, as well as Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.[2][3] Released during the United States v. Microsoft Corp. case and at a time when Microsoft, Windows, and Gates were easy targets for jokes, the game offers a satirical take on this ripe subject matter. The game was released for Windows as well as the Classic Mac OS. The game received a generally positive reception.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

lol I would buy that.

Thats how they get you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

somebody watch this and tell me if it's worth it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fo-DH8VlsM

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You probably have to have some familiarity with Myst to get most of it, but I remember the Star Wars parody being pretty well done in terms of mid 90s style humor.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it's kind of funny that in the fifth Myst game you actuallyndo go back to Myst island and find that it's all collapsed and covered with garbage.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

myst owns

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like the whole series

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I like the whole series

thats what i meant

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

except Exile sort of rubbed me the wrong way, i like how it starts but some of the ages suck rear end

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

i looked it up, Amateria and Edanna are what im thinking of. gently caress off

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

3 and 4 were made by some other people while cyan bet the farm on uru (and lost :-( )

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Satellit3 posted:

i looked it up, Amateria and Edanna are what im thinking of. gently caress off

Amateria is the best age in the whole series.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

wtf

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

didn’t they make a new non-myst myst. obduction? I heard it’s good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

didn’t they make a new non-myst myst. obduction? I heard it’s good.
It's called The Witness.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

I'm not counting riven because it's the best and almost the entire game is one age but i lost my loving mind circa age 8 at the end of amateria and will always love it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ameteria is fine but edanna is bullshit, because it falls victim to the worst problem that hit once the games became full 360 3D: the easiest places to get stuck are weird graphical things where you can't see that you can turn into a corner. exile owns though, because it has loving brad dourif hamming it up as the bad guy.

Uru owns even if the platforming is trash and some of the puzzles are insane. there's one in the second DLC that requires you to read about 20 books about d'ni kings so you can figure out how their time system is different, so that you know to wait exactly 42 minutes or something in a specific place. unless you stand there for the exact length of time and react very quickly once the time is up, you can't solve the puzzle.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the last game sucks, unfortunately.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

has anyone played Obduction? i want to try it but i kind of think the setting for Myst was a lot of the charm.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking of getting into Myst in 2019 lol. This isn't a joke. Lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Thinking of getting into Myst in 2019 lol. This isn't a joke. Lmfao.