Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:siren:DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS:siren:

It's January, which means it's Royal Rumble season! As is tradition, we have our signups going for the Royal Rumble Roulette, and to maintain tradition, it is time for this year's edition of the Royal Rumble :toxx: Challenge thread!

In this thread, you are here to make bold predictions and toxxes! You yourself are responsible for stating your toxx stipulation. Your toxx stipulation is entirely up to you! But they gotta be good ones. A good example:

quote:

I predict that Cyborg will be the surprise 29 entrant in the Women's Royal Rumble. :toxx: If I am wrong, I will donate $75 to Refuge Against Domestic Violence.

This is a good one! It's a bold prediction, it's a meaningful toxx that you have to show proof for, and it's fun for the community because people will have a vested interest to see if your wild guess comes true.

This is a bad toxx:

quote:

I predict Dolph Ziggler will be in the men's royal rumble. if i am wrong i will do a cartwheel.

This toxx sucks. It's not bold, it's a virtually guaranteed outcome with zero imagination or stipulation, and the toxx is neither exciting, interesting, or beneficial. Good toxx stipulations are either embarassing for yourself and entertaining for others, like recording a karaoke video or getting an unsightly avatar that you had to spend money on, or going to a good cause as a donation to a charity. Please try to vet your charities that you donate to however, there are a lot of scummy and unhelpful ones out there. If you forget to list a toxx stipulation, you'll just eat a ban as the stipulation.

Bad toxxes will result in a Stone Cold 64 Challenge. What happens here is you automatically fail in your toxx and I'll decide give you an option to either face a stipulation handed down by me, or donate to a charity. If you come up with a better toxx prediction/stip though, this can be avoided.

Toxxes that have a monetary stipulation attached to them will have until the end of February to be abided by. Any bad avatar punishments will last as long as the toxx states, unless no time period was specified, in which case the avatar must maintain for 90 days.

Obviously any prediction made here will be a valid toxx, regardless of whether you use the emoticon or not.

I'll start with a toxx of my own!

:toxx: My Rumble Roulette number will be a developmental wrestler. If I'm wrong, I'll donate $100 to a charity of Jerusalem's choice.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

As is now tradition, if my Rumble Roulette number wins either rumble, I'll bring back the Smackdown Collage until at least Wrestlemania and post it every week in the SD thread. Possibly longer if I don't hate doing it by then.

I'll also up the ante and count anyone who eliminates my number going on to win the rumble, too. (For example: my number is #15, Dolph Ziggler. Dolph is eliminated by all 3 members of the New Day. If any member of the New Day wins, I'll still fulfill the toxx.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If Junpei Hyde's number is Pete Dunne, and Dunne either eliminates my number or wins, I will change my avatar to Pete Dunne.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

If Junpei Hyde's number is Pete Dunne, and Dunne either eliminates my number or wins, I will change my avatar to Pete Dunne.

If Senerio's number is Pete Dunne, and Dunne either eliminates my number or wins, I will change my avatar to Pete Dunne.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what if you're on the same rumble team and dunne self eliminates to run after WALTER?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Then we both gotta get Dunneatars clearly.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what if you're on the same rumble team and dunne self eliminates to run after WALTER?

Then we win!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm sure you are all familiar with the traditional toxx clause this account makes, a tradition that my dead father started many years ago. even though i am running the Royal Rumble Roulette, i am still allowed to participate. i will assign myself a random number, and that number wrestler will be my "champion." if my champion wrestler is eliminated, i will take on the mantle of the wrestler who defeated them. if my champion wins, then i don't have to change my name and i become the new moderator of Rowdy Ringsports. if Baron Corbin eliminates my champion then i don't change my name. if my champion is eliminated by someone who already has a goon doppelganger, the goons on the team of the wrestler who eliminated my champion get to pick a dead wrestler for me to become. you may have noticed that i didn't specify which rumble, and that's because i want to double my chances of winning.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I will donate my Roulette number to charity in USD plus $5 for each person my roulette entries eliminate (yes, I'll do it for both Rumbles). Since the Rumble is on my sister's birthday weekend, I will donate the money to a charity of her choosing.

I will also stipulate that I will donate a minimum of $25 regardless.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 22, 2019

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
If Finn Balor wins the Universal Title at the Royal Rumble, I will sub to the network for six (6) months and stop stealing precious WWE content from the kind old man we all know and love, Vince McMahon.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Vaguido posted:

If Finn Balor wins the Universal Title at the Royal Rumble, I will sub to the network for six (6) months and stop stealing precious WWE content from the kind old man we all know and love, Vince McMahon.

this sucks. you will also have to bear an avatar of cavauro's choosing for the duration you listed. (6 months)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

if anyone from the 2016 world tag league appears on the royal rumble show (war machine would appear to be the plausible candidates) i will buy this t-shirt for the first person willing to wear it to work/school and provide evidence

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

If R-Truth eliminates anyone from either Rumble, I will donate $100 USD to a charity of J-Ru's choice. If he eliminates my Roulette number in either Rumble, then ontop of the donation I was take a punishment avatar from Team 30.

and gently caress it, if Finn Balor doesn't capture the Universal title at the Rumble, I will write a minimum 500-word essay about how #1 scoopsgal Rarity was right: "Canadian Earthquake" John Tenta was a terrible wrestler.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

here is the avatar vaguido has to get if he does not win his toxx clause. i'm allowed to make this reply because it's part of the toxx, because of what STONE COLD 64 said

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anyone can post here its cool

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thauros posted:

if anyone from the 2016 world tag league appears on the royal rumble show (war machine would appear to be the plausible candidates) i will buy this t-shirt for the first person willing to wear it to work/school and provide evidence

I'll wear this I have zero taste

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'll wear that shirt, and i think you should give a shirt to everyone who asks for one, but you shouldn't make people post pictures of themselves online to fulfill your own toxx. you should take pictures of yourself wearing the shirts before you mail them out to us. maybe wear the shirts for more than one day so we can smell you on the shirts

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this sucks. you will also have to bear an avatar of cavauro's choosing for the duration you listed. (6 months)

Fair enough

edit because I don't read entire threads:

Cavauro posted:

here is the avatar vaguido has to get if he does not win his toxx clause. i'm allowed to make this reply because it's part of the toxx, because of what STONE COLD 64 said

I have saved it to my PC for Sunday.

Also I'll add if Brock wins, I'll put 59.94 (the cost of 6 months of the WWE Network) to the first LGBT charity someone suggests here. I'm really bad at sifting out the good ones from the bad ones, so someone has to do the work for me.

Vaguido fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 23, 2019

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dont edit your posts in toxx threads

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vaguido posted:

Also I'll add if Brock wins, I'll put 59.94 (the cost of 6 months of the WWE Network) to the first LGBT charity someone suggests here. I'm really bad at sifting out the good ones from the bad ones, so someone has to do the work for me.

https://www.thetrevorproject.org/ The Trevor Project

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Seth Rollins or the Miz will win the Royal Rumble. If this does not happen, I will donate $20 to RAINN and post proof ITT or be banned and probed for a month.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

dont edit your posts in toxx threads

I'd advise you to quote everybody's toxxes and copy them into the OP to prevent this type of thing from happening. Up to you though.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
an edit itt should be an auto-toxx fail imo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

an edit itt should be an auto-toxx fail imo

the specifics of which at the sole discretion of AUSTIN 3:64 and/or mods

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

:siren:DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS:siren:

Bad toxxes will result in a Stone Cold 64 Challenge. What happens here is you automatically fail in your toxx and I'll decide give you an option to either face a stipulation handed down by me, or donate to a charity.

basically this but in the case of post edits

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
is toxxing "so and so drops belt to so and so" too easy/lame or would that be acceptable?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My bubby. you are my bubby. the 'if' portion of a toxx is fine as long as it has any chance of happening

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
OK here goes

:toxx: Asuka drops the belt to Becky Lynch :toxx:

if i fail my toxx The Texas Nintendo Snake may choose from the following avs to be mine (for at least 90 days), and I will donate $20 to a charity of SC64's choice under pain of ban.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

is toxxing "so and so drops belt to so and so" too easy/lame or would that be acceptable?

they're fine they just have to have a real toxx behind it other than "ill subscribe to the wwe network" which is some egregiously weak poo poo

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Is my 1000 fanfiction about either my Rumble number or the person who eliminates them still sufficient?

If it is, hit me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I like how similar this is to gambling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Writer Cath posted:

Is my 1000 fanfiction about either my Rumble number or the person who eliminates them still sufficient?

If it is, hit me.

yea sure

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

If Kofi's survival tactics involve a unicorn i will donate $20 over to give kids the world village :toxx: because one magical turn deserves another.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
If either wrestler for my roulette number (12) is eliminated in less than 2 minutes, I will donate $20 to the vaquita porpoise charity. If either of them are eliminated in less than 30 seconds, the team whose wrestler eliminated them gets to choose my new avatar. If there are multiple wrestlers who eliminate my number or both wrestlers are eliminated that quickly, then Stone Cold 64 gets to pick the best (worst) avatar suggested.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Like last year I will donate the cumulative sum of the following from both Rumbles (TEAM 5!) to the Howard Brown Health Center here in Chicago:

$5 per competitor eliminated by my team
$25 if my team does not eliminate anyone
$50 if I draw Mustafa Ali or Nikki Cross
$100 if my team wins a Royal Rumble
$25 if either Rumble runs opposite "Take Me or Leave Me" on Rent Live (East Coast Feed)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
THE SAMURAIFOOCHS MAKES HUNGER JOB EXTRAVAGANZA

For every person my team's entrant (12) eliminates, I will donate $1 to a local food bank. It will be an absolute minimum of $10. It will not exceed $25, UNLESS....

:siren:EAT, SLEEP, gently caress OFF BROCK, REPEAT BONUS CLAUSE:siren:

If Finn Balor leaves the show Universal Champion, I will double the donation OR max out at $40. So everyone should root for Finn.

Because gently caress hunger and gently caress Brock Lesnar.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Entrant #24 has given us 3 winners in the past. Amazing greats such as Hogan, Stone Cold, and The Rock have made their wins from this spot. But I think this year they've saddled themselves with a cursed name, and for this reason I have to bet against them.

If either entrant of Team #24 wins the rumble, or eliminates either of my entrants (Team #9), I will make my avatar and red text into any Final Fantasy X themed joke that a member of Team #24 requests.

Now win this one for the Besaid Aurochs, guys!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
As I am the poor this year, I can't toxx anything involving money!

If team 28 does not win at LEAST one of the two Rumbles I will :toxx: Cut an audio only promo (no less than 2 minutes, no more than 5) on Natural20, I will praise Nat20 as the best forums poster ever, I will praise his mafia skills, and I will talk about how I'm not worthy to even post on the same forum as him :toxx: .

If #28 does not win either Rumble Match I will do the same toxx as above, only I will record a video of said promo and I won't have a shirt on

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

As I am the poor this year, I can't toxx anything involving money!

If team 28 does not win at LEAST one of the two Rumbles I will :toxx: Cut an audio only promo (no less than 2 minutes, no more than 5) on Natural20, I will praise Nat20 as the best forums poster ever, I will praise his mafia skills, and I will talk about how I'm not worthy to even post on the same forum as him :toxx: .

If #28 does not win either Rumble Match I will do the same toxx as above, only I will record a video of said promo and I won't have a shirt on

oh my drat :captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SalTheBard posted:

I won't have a shirt on

Sweet Jesus... :gonk: