Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ugusername posted:

Death game Isekai thing updated: https://mangadex.org/chapter/502352/1
Protag is still the coolest.

This is so true. I've had this specific experience with at least two separate supervisors.

edit: lol I like how the demon world is basically characterized by sane workplace culture (and angels are...MLMs, apparently)

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I forgot Senko-San was a thing. Caught myself up on it.

It really is an incredibly self-indulgent manga, but in a really different way than other comics I've seen?
Instead of "Wouldn't it be AMAZING if you got transformed into PANTIES and a HIGH SCHOOL GIRL wore them around all day?!" its "Wouldn't it be nice to sleep in when you're fatigued and eat warm food when you're hungry and have someone who loves you unconditionally when you're lonely'.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
It's actually really really depressing if you think about it too much.

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Crasical posted:

"Wouldn't it be nice to sleep in when you're fatigued and eat warm food when you're hungry and have someone who loves you unconditionally when you're lonely'.

It's easier to imagine the apocalypse than the end off capitalism.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

"Extremely tired man likes fluffy tail" vs "Extremely horny couple do horny things" is my recollection.
Don't both of those describe kitsune wife?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Kitsune Wife Kitsune is very horny, and last chapter had a punchline of 'We should both go memorize every nook and cranny of our partner's body'
It's kind of a recurring gag in Senko that the tired salaryman guy only has fluff on his mind. When Senko's supervisor shows up, flaunts her body, and implies that maybe Senko isn't really satisfying TSG's needs, he's only really interested in the fact that the supervisor is an older Kitsune and has more than one tail for rubbing.

Also Merry Christmas Surreal Daily Life Manga thread.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I just found this which is pretty cool
https://mangadex.org/manga/26079

It's a chill SoL manga following a linguistics phd/postdoc type guy exploring the world of monsters and trying to study their languages and culture. Despite the suspicious loli tag it seems really wholesome and fun and tbh I don't really know why it has that tag other than that a character is a child. :confused:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Senko is definitely the more wholesome manga I dont know what you guys are talking about.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Senko is a man and his magical child wife while kitsune is a man and his magical adult wife

Therefore, kitsune is the obvious right choice

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Xun posted:

It's a chill SoL manga following a linguistics phd/postdoc type guy exploring the world of monsters and trying to study their languages and culture. Despite the suspicious loli tag it seems really wholesome and fun and tbh I don't really know why it has that tag other than that a character is a child. :confused:

It's pretty neat.
I don't get why you're confused, the adorable small werewolf child is one of the main characters, so of course it'd have that tag...

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Three new chapters of Sleepy Princess. Its a Christmas miracle!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Xun posted:

This is a great one, everyone is so earnest and kind but still alien, it's fun.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
anyone know any good anthology stuff? I'm thinking of things like Ryoko Kui's earlier works or most of what Dowman Sayman puts out.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

From the creator of Kuro, a new series Shadow House. A group of noble Shadows are served by Living Dolls. As you cant see the shadows faces, the dolls are copies of the shadows. The story follows the Doll Emilyko as she tries to serve her master Kate Shadow-sama.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
NEW! GYARU AND!! DINOSAUR!!! HE'S!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Eldritch Senpai
Funatsugi has been eaten out of house and home, so where will he stay till it all gets sorted out?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Meta-maid is the secret best character of the series

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Huzzah! posted:

new Eldritch Senpai
Funatsugi has been eaten out of house and home, so where will he stay till it all gets sorted out

What exactly is it about the writing of this -- the subtle tension -- of each chapter, that gives the reader the constant, eerie sensation that the senpai-girl is always on the thinnest knife's edge away from devouring him? Something about the setup of the images, the dialogue? Whatever it is, it's absolutely brilliant.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because she already snapped once super quickly and ever since it's made super clear to show the bandages that restrain her in every shot she's in, and the supervisor hammering on her inhumanity constantly

It's really not subtle at all about it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Because she already snapped once super quickly and ever since it's made super clear to show the bandages that restrain her in every shot she's in, and the supervisor hammering on her inhumanity constantly

It's really not subtle at all about it

I just think the kid is a little too understanding about things. Yeah she's cute and all and not understanding human nature is interesting. But she just tried to eat you, put a little distance between you two for a bit why don't ya? Instead he's more worried about having lewd thoughts sharing a futon.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Two new Senryuu Girl

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

STALK FIRST
ASK LATER

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

yet another Senryuu Girl
♫Makeover makeover! Makeover makeover! Makeover makeover! Makeover!!!♫

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

New Sleepy Princess in which the Princess is as oblivious to Japanese Valentine's culture as we are!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Al Azif is taking an indirect approach

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Eldritch Senpai

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Maybe if you keep churning out karaage you can stave off her insatiable hunger until you reach your natural lifespan.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
We got three new chapters of Single Demon Mom. Still adjusting to living with neighbors it seems.

Also, the author had a second series get picked up for translations. Sakura-chan dear the story of a vampire and salaryman being roommates.

It's only got 2 chapters but I like this pair.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
New Flying Witch.

In which Akane is remarkably competent, Makoto facilitates her sister's alcoholism, and Chinatsu is remarkably Chinatsu.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The Sandman posted:

New Flying Witch.

In which Akane is remarkably competent, Makoto facilitates her sister's alcoholism, and Chinatsu is remarkably Chinatsu.

Everyone in this manga is super pretty -- is it counted as a "bishoujo" manga? Also Chinatsu always brightens my day. She's just so enthusiastic about everything, I wish I had a niece like her!! Very good chapter!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'd also forgotten but we got the monthly releases of "You will hear the voices of the dead", Three chapters, one continuing the story of our Yandere serial killer who is finding herself of an even bigger plot unbeknownst to our Main character.

The other is a two part story about a new confectionery that is sweeping the country that can be described with the following smiley: :barf:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Gyaru and Dinosaur

Edit: also new Senryu Girl
Nanako stacked the whole deck!

Huzzah! fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 10, 2019

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Aww, Dinosaur's wishes.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Huzzah! posted:

new Gyaru and Dinosaur

Edit: also new Senryu Girl
Nanako stacked the whole deck!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dinosaur is a pure soul, too pure for this world.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Way of the House Husband
A surprise visit from the in-laws.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Huzzah! posted:

new Way of the House Husband
A surprise visit from the in-laws.

I can’t believe how much I love the Father-in-law now. He’s great

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Tatsu got a dad :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Y'know what

this would probably fit right in here, even if it's not that surreal-

https://mangadex.org/title/33654/mr-villain-s-day-off

Not much to look at yet, but chp. 2 had a weird zen-trance like quality to it that i liked.

Pictured: the general of the alien army invading Earth on his day off