Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

bartok posted:

Matt Berry in a What We Do in the Shadows TV show? That sounds amazing!

Alright I'm there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

bartok posted:

Matt Berry in a What We Do in the Shadows TV show? That sounds amazing!

I read that as Mary Berry last night and was super confused.

Did she bake the cake?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I still can't believe that not Dune, but Dune 4: The One with the Worm-Emperor, was parodied in an episode of Billy Mandy. That's like someone parodying Sherlock Holmes and not shoving Moriarty into the plot because they only have a surface-level understanding of the source-material.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Doug Jones is also going to have a recurring role, can't wait to see what kind of horrifically cumbersome FX makeup they pile on top of him this time. :v:

If it's an adaptation of the movie, Jones is probably Petyr.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Presented without comment:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The Aristocrats!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The Green Book was shot in a very specific aspect ratio where 25% of the screen is always blocked by someone's wang

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Now wait and see it get a clean sweep at the Oscars.

(Either it or Bohemian Rhapsody. :v:)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Read a review of A Dog's Way Home and apparently the trailers leave out some weird dark moments, like the dog almost dying after being taken in by a homeless man who dies, leaving the dog chained up and alone. Until some kids stumble across the dead body of the homeless man. Real feel good moment of the year.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That rules

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

Read a review of A Dog's Way Home and apparently the trailers leave out some weird dark moments, like the dog almost dying after being taken in by a homeless man who dies, leaving the dog chained up and alone. Until some kids stumble across the dead body of the homeless man. Real feel good moment of the year.
:catstare:

I think I saw that my Sony credit card's rewards program is offering reward points for uploading a ticket stub for that movie. Maybe I'll use my AMC A-List to get a ticket to that and just go see Bumblebee or Spider-Verse again instead.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

unsurprisingly, it's by the same author as 'a dog's purpose' I think that guy might just hate dogs and figured out a way to get paid for it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The first film opens with the puppies being uncerimoniously murdered, as in literal stuffed in a burlap sack and drowned murder, before reincarnating. Then the dog almost dies again and is in heat baked agony. This is the first 5 minutes.

Seriously, do not watch these films unless you enjoyed the passion of the christ but wish Jim Caveziel was a dog

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I was going to say that I wish Jesus was a dog, but then I realised he already is.

Man's best friend.

We don't deserve him.

Doesn't like to get wet.

Will bring dead things back to you.

A good boy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

Now wait and see it get a clean sweep at the Oscars.

(Either it or Bohemian Rhapsody. :v:)

According to Rotten Tomatoes, currently the 2018 movie with the most awards win is Roma followed by The Favourite.

I really hope it's either the Netflix movie or the Yorgos movie that sweeps the Oscars.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

I was going to say that I wish Jesus was a dog, but then I realised he already is.

Man's best friend.

We don't deserve him.

Doesn't like to get wet.

A good boy.

what uh kind of dog is this exactly? even a good cat will find a way to get wet

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

syscall girl posted:

My dog is terrified of baths, but she is also scared of bubbles, banana peels, and blowing curtains, so

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzxMLxO0ggk

Velvet Buzzsaw looks fuckin sick

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Gyllenhaal's character reminds me a little too much of what he did in Okja (I found him completely insufferable in that) but I'll give this the benefit of the doubt because of Nightcrawler.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Looks rad but I think that trailer tipped its hand a bit too much.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fart City posted:

My dog is terrified of baths, but she is also scared of bubbles, banana peels, and blowing curtains, so

I had a cat that was terrified of mylar balloons.

gf's birthday frog balloon freaked him out so badly he wouldn't go in the bedroom where we ended up hiding it

a few days later, he packed his things and moved out

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The cat packed his things?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

got any sevens posted:

The cat packed his things?

c'mon have a sense of humor

the cat feared nothing in life

he'd fight geese on the roof because, geese

yes he did, he had a little carry-on and a shaving kit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I still can't believe that not Dune, but Dune 4: The One with the Worm-Emperor, was parodied in an episode of Billy Mandy. That's like someone parodying Sherlock Holmes and not shoving Moriarty into the plot because they only have a surface-level understanding of the source-material.

It's kind of a weirdly fitting case given those books are the ones with the most recognisable and sci-fi ideas to readily parody (the giant worm-emperor, endlessly recloning Duncan Idaho/Billy, etc) without having to do all the setup. Also, Spice being Cinnamon was hilarious. (Isn't Spice frequently described as smelling/tasting like cinnamon? Now I want a Spice donut)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Beachcomber posted:

Man's best friend.

We don't deserve him.

Doesn't like to get wet.

A good boy.

Gets put down before you want him to go....

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gatts posted:

Gets put down before you want him to go....

Too soon

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

Sorry, was thinking of baths.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

Sorry, was thinking of baths.

My darg loves a good scrub. She's a yellow lab so water is kind of her thing.

Let's get back to the important thing though, the jeebus analogy

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
So where does Snoop Dogg fit into this analogy?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So where does Snoop Dogg fit into this analogy?

Jesus and Snoop Dogg are both Most Highest

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Fart City posted:

Looks rad but I think that trailer tipped its hand a bit too much.

Yeah, I wished it stopped one minute sooner, still pumped though!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I just got out of seeing Replicas, the new Keanu Reeves movie that got unceremoniously dumped into theaters with barely any marketing at all.

:staredog: :lol:

I don't want to jump the gun and say that this is 2019's The Book of Henry, especially since we're not even halfway through loving January, but it's similarly misguided and just completely batshit insane. It was so bad but I just couldn't help but laugh through most of it because of how crazy the choices the movie makes are.

A brief outline of what it's about :
Keanu works as a scientist at (what he thinks is) a biomed company. His wife and 3 kids are killed in a car crash. He's the lone survivor. He barely even sheds a tear for them before he decides to clone his family. Thomas Middleditch who plays his work buddy helps him out with this. Together they steal millions of dollars worth of research equipment from their company, and since Keanu doesn't have a generator at his house, he goes around the neighborhood stealing car batteries to hook up the equipment to. Their company only has 3 pods and Keanu has 4 people he wants to save, SO HE LITERALLY WRITES DOWN THE NAMES OF HIS DEAD FAMILY MEMBERS ON SHEETS OF PAPER, PUTS THEM INTO A BOWL AND RANDOMLY PICKS WHICH OF HIS KIDS GETS TO LIVE. HIS YOUNGEST DAUGHTER DOESN'T GET CHOSEN SO HE DELETES HER MEMORY OUT OF THE BRAINS OF HIS WIFE AND OTHER 2 KIDS.

And it gets even crazier from there. I just...I'm completely at a loss as to how this thing got made hahahahahaha :allears:

If you enjoy bad movies, absolutely go see this and do it soon because it'll probably leave theaters in a week or 2. There was literally one other person in the theater with me on opening night.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So I just got out of seeing Replicas, the new Keanu Reeves movie that got unceremoniously dumped into theaters with barely any marketing at all.

:staredog: :lol:

I don't want to jump the gun and say that this is 2019's The Book of Henry, especially since we're not even halfway through loving January, but it's similarly misguided and just completely batshit insane. It was so bad but I just couldn't help but laugh through most of it because of how crazy the choices the movie makes are.

A brief outline of what it's about :
Keanu works as a scientist at (what he thinks is) a biomed company. His wife and 3 kids are killed in a car crash. He's the lone survivor. He barely even sheds a tear for them before he decides to clone his family. Thomas Middleditch who plays his work buddy helps him out with this. Together they steal millions of dollars worth of research equipment from their company, and since Keanu doesn't have a generator at his house, he goes around the neighborhood stealing car batteries to hook up the equipment to. Their company only has 3 pods and Keanu has 4 people he wants to save, SO HE LITERALLY WRITES DOWN THE NAMES OF HIS DEAD FAMILY MEMBERS ON SHEETS OF PAPER, PUTS THEM INTO A BOWL AND RANDOMLY PICKS WHICH OF HIS KIDS GETS TO LIVE. HIS YOUNGEST DAUGHTER DOESN'T GET CHOSEN SO HE DELETES HER MEMORY OUT OF THE BRAINS OF HIS WIFE AND OTHER 2 KIDS.

And it gets even crazier from there. I just...I'm completely at a loss as to how this thing got made hahahahahaha :allears:

If you enjoy bad movies, absolutely go see this and do it soon because it'll probably leave theaters in a week or 2. There was literally one other person in the theater with me on opening night.

ive been trying to convince my bad movie night crew to watch Book of Henry but it just devolves into poly orgy discussion of which i have nothing to add. At least now maybe there's a double bill option if i can find a group willing to do this. Bad movies I mean

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Jesus and Snoop Dogg are both Most Highest

Snoop Lion

of judah the most high

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Alan Smithee posted:

ive been trying to convince my bad movie night crew to watch Book of Henry but it just devolves into poly orgy discussion of which i have nothing to add. At least now maybe there's a double bill option if i can find a group willing to do this. Bad movies I mean

try to compromise, maybe have the poly orgy while watching Book of Henry. be flexible. which is also good advice for being in a poly orgy in general

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Yeah, Replicas was remarkable. The How Did This Get Made crew will have a field day with this. Fairly certain this was made a month after Minority Report and just sat on the shelf until now.

It was a good watch though. You'll be asking yourself "what genre is this movie" every few minutes.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Meanwhile Zach Snyder is trying his hand at t-shirt design and uh

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1083511349915701248

...is it just me or is this the Superman version of those QAnon diagrams?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose it's for a good cause (and one close to him for obvious reasons).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I mean Q is also trying to save children

the weird ones that live in your head but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Why do they always do this with dog movies?