Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Heads up for PS4 goons, the complete edition is 34.99€ (EU PSN store), a drat nice deal considering that you get all operators (i think forever in contrast to the gold wich is just one season) and costs the same as buying siegebux to purchase year 1 and 2 operators.

I'm on my phone but someone correct me if the Complete edition is all operators for every season released and still to come. If that's true, drat nice of a deal (i have base game on PS4 and might even bite for this).

As always, PSN: guillermus_ (feel free to add me and invite to play whenever you see me online).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I'm pretty sure it doesn't include any upcoming stuff, but it definitely includes all the operators available currently - bought it myself. After first buying the standard for 11,95€ since I wasn't sure if I'd like it
And I'm also in the EU zone and on PS4 - SleepingOwns. Though so far I've only played with IRL friends and we all speak Estonian but feel free to add me anyway.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I gotta say, for all the fancy ops they've added nothing else really gives me the thrill of smashing walls for my team with Sledge. GOD drat it feels good to either rush in and bust myself through windows for an early position or to wait by an unreinforced wall until a couple team members show up and then smash two holes for them to surge through. What an incredibly satisfying game mechanic.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have been playing casual the past few days after not playing for a long time, how on earth can you say its worse now than it was at release and a year out. I have had far less issues in casual now than in the past. Were you playing during year 1? It was loving horrible.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR3QVEn0TOs

oof

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I've only played about 10 hours, but I feel like I'm getting a special part of the noob queue in Casual. It's like all ex CSGO players with solid mechanics with multiple people saying "I'm new sorry" in the chat at start, and then talking a decent amount and fragging quite well without really understanding the game yet (so our callouts are loving dumb but that enemy tagging feature helps a lot). Sometimes there's an actual decent player who is obviously better, and teaches the team things and leads by example.

I'd heard this was a super toxic game and I'm kinda surprised. Haven't even been called a single name yet. Probably massively jinxed my luck. I guess it's the mediocre players that will be the true assholes and I'll run into them in the ranked queue all bunched up in the middle of the bell curve.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 10, 2019

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Congratulations you have now cursed yourself. Nothing but teamkillers, racists, and miserable assholes for a fortnight.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I gotta say, for all the fancy ops they've added nothing else really gives me the thrill of smashing walls for my team with Sledge. GOD drat it feels good to either rush in and bust myself through windows for an early position or to wait by an unreinforced wall until a couple team members show up and then smash two holes for them to surge through. What an incredibly satisfying game mechanic.

Yeah I think Sledge and Ash are easily my favorite attackers because blowing massive fukkin holes in walls and mowing people down through them is awesome (I just gotta get better at the 'mowing people down' part :saddowns:)

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I've only played about 10 hours, but I feel like I'm getting a special part of the noob queue in Casual. It's like all ex CSGO players with solid mechanics with multiple people saying "I'm new sorry" in the chat at start, and then talking a decent amount and fragging quite well without really understanding the game yet (so our callouts are loving dumb but that enemy tagging feature helps a lot). Sometimes there's an actual decent player who is obviously better, and teaches the team things and leads by example.

I'd heard this was a super toxic game and I'm kinda surprised. Haven't even been called a single name yet. Probably massively jinxed my luck. I guess it's the mediocre players that will be the true assholes and I'll run into them in the ranked queue all bunched up in the middle of the bell curve.

Honestly, I've never found this game particularly toxic. Maybe its cause I'm on Ps4 but aside from someone tking in casual every once in awhile its never been that bad. Or maybe cause I've played Overwatch for the last 2 years and my god, every game has somebody bitching and flaming, even in quickplay :iiam:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

My experience with competitive games is that people who are good, but not great, and people who are turbo-garbage, are always the most toxic. People who are either very meh, or extremely good, tend to be fairly chill. Not sure how it pans out in this game since I haven't played much competitive after placing.

In fact, I remember in Overwatch, there was a season where mediocre players tended to place low to mid gold. Whenever I found someone super-toxic in casual mode, I would usually check their rank, and probably 80% of the time they were bronze or maybe silver.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
its not so much toxic as it is just super popular now so you see stuff like TKers and edgelords that say racist poo poo into their mics trying to get a rise out of everyone no matter what level/rank you' re in

but for the most part players are chill. ranked used to be entirely full of stat whores but a lot of people play it like casual now simply because the matches are more stable even though players will lag out or rage quit every now and then (which doesn't really matter until plat because it isn't unusual at all to see teams win 4v5)

the people that vent about their negative experience confirmation biases are much like the Captain America players that sinerely think everyone should listen to their elite commands in that you can safely ignore them when they start to annoy everyone.

the time you play has just as much of an impact on the level of play as your rank. you'll see stuff like a bronze team at 4am playing like golds and during work hours plat teams playing like they stayed home sick from school to ruin the stats on their older sibling's account

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Squiggles Unite posted:

Honestly, I've never found this game particularly toxic. Maybe its cause I'm on Ps4 but aside from someone tking in casual every once in awhile its never been that bad. Or maybe cause I've played Overwatch for the last 2 years and my god, every game has somebody bitching and flaming, even in quickplay :iiam:

Don't really wanna start an Overwatch tangent in the thread but my thoughts on it compared to this game is that it has the stress of moba teamwork and the stress of mechanical fps play at the same time. It's so hard to carry people, if playing solo you really have to rely on these strangers and each stranger is hyper aware of you and of each other, often in a tight formation. That's also what I really like about it but it does lead to some uniquely toxic situations, it's definitely a game that can gently caress up your expectations of people on the internet.

On Siege you can just go breach somewhere and kill everyone, or pick a roamer and kill everyone. The slightest skill advantage could lead to a series of 1v1s that you win, so it's inherently less frustrating than Overwatch for cooperation, I feel.

People made it sound like this game was just as bad and it's nowhere close.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Guillermus posted:

Heads up for PS4 goons, the complete edition is 34.99€ (EU PSN store), a drat nice deal considering that you get all operators (i think forever in contrast to the gold wich is just one season) and costs the same as buying siegebux to purchase year 1 and 2 operators.

I'm on my phone but someone correct me if the Complete edition is all operators for every season released and still to come. If that's true, drat nice of a deal (i have base game on PS4 and might even bite for this).

As always, PSN: guillermus_ (feel free to add me and invite to play whenever you see me online).

What time do you normally play?

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Thief posted:

the people that vent about their negative experience confirmation biases are much like the Captain America players that sinerely think everyone should listen to their elite commands in that you can safely ignore them when they start to annoy everyone.

Not once have I ever said that my strats are the most goodest and everyone should listen to me, I just felt like maybe my entire team shouldn't be getting wiped all in the same minute. Is that view controversial these days?

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph6nUEqgtbc

Brendan Rodgers posted:

That was pretty much my new player experience, and I started on a free weekend. Actually went through two of those before buying the game, and it was positive the whole time. It helps a lot that you can be useful while dead, so I was able to sit on cameras/drones and do my best to give callouts and stuff.

My tip for callouts (which I still do because even with ~250 hours I haven't learned all the maps) is to call out compass directions if you don't know the room. My second tip is don't reinforce Kid's Bedroom on House. Why? The attackers can shoot in from the outside, and the defenders have to funnel in through one doorway to defend it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

There are two types of dead players that give advice in this game that I've personally noticed. The kind that just want to play for you and tell you every little thing to do and the kind that just give you intel and trust you to make the right decisions on it.

The former always gets me killed because I still have trouble tuning them out at times.

The latter can usually help me pull a clutch. But those types seem to be rare.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AppleDan posted:

Not once have I ever said that my strats are the most goodest and everyone should listen to me, I just felt like maybe my entire team shouldn't be getting wiped all in the same minute. Is that view controversial these days?

You're just not allowed to say mean things about Siege in this thread, don't worry about it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

AppleDan posted:

Yeah, I have noticed a lot of new players on defense are super excited to get into the action and so they run around from door to door like twitchy fucks until they get shot simultaneously. They are distinctly NOT ROAMING, they're just dipshits.

I'm maybe a little too patient on defense (after playing a lot of The Last of Us Factions) and don't always correctly judge when I should switch to defensive flanking, but at least I can sit still and listen for impending footsteps most of the time.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Honestly the biggest thing to learn is when to rotate back to the objective to help the anchors. A lot of roamers are just dicking around on the other end of the map while the attackers sweep in and massacre everyone on the objective.

Then they start running back after the defuser gets planted/hostage gets taken. How many times have you seen Caveira come running in 5 seconds after the round ends and start wildly firing her pistol?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

AppleDan posted:

no i was referring to types of ppl that die in the first minute and won't stfu on the mic trying to backseat drive their team then sincerely say poo poo like "WELL IF DOC HEALED ME WHEN EXACTLY WHEN I SAID TO AND PRIORITIZED ALL STIMS TO ME THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED" while there's literally 10 seconds on the clock and the person carrying the team is trying their best to hear where the remaining enemies are while standing in the doorway to the objective

if you want to get to plat immediately the most goodest strat is to simply play ash/jager or lion/doc 24/7 then use as few syllables as possible when making callouts. but that gets boring fast and most people end up repeating themselves 2 or 3 times whenever they're excited and on cameras

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You're just not allowed to say mean things about Siege in this thread, don't worry about it.

again sorry if i wasn't being clear but for the record i was referring to people in-game during matches - NOT the select few in the thread that don't actually play anymore because it is utterly broken and unenjoyable for them no matter what happens

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Yeah, I have noticed a lot of new players on defense are super excited to get into the action and so they run around from door to door like twitchy fucks until they get shot simultaneously. They are distinctly NOT ROAMING, they're just dipshits.

I'm maybe a little too patient on defense (after playing a lot of The Last of Us Factions) and don't always correctly judge when I should switch to defensive flanking, but at least I can sit still and listen for impending footsteps most of the time.

I play far from the obj if i'm fast, if i'm a big slow man i'll hover around close or stay on with an acog boye. I'm fine with people being dumb but I would like it a lot more if the game matched us against other dumbies instead of super soldiers hell bent on our destruction.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

Thief posted:

no i was referring to types of ppl that die in the first minute and won't stfu on the mic trying to backseat drive their team then sincerely say poo poo like "WELL IF DOC HEALED ME WHEN EXACTLY WHEN I SAID TO AND PRIORITIZED ALL STIMS TO ME THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED" while there's literally 10 seconds on the clock and the person carrying the team is trying their best to hear where the remaining enemies are while standing in the doorway to the objective

if you want to get to plat immediately the most goodest strat is to simply play ash/jager or lion/doc 24/7 then use as few syllables as possible when making callouts. but that gets boring fast and most people end up repeating themselves 2 or 3 times whenever they're excited and on cameras

Oh okay I thought you were vagueing about me because of my Ceaseless Bitching, playing 3 speeds and using hit and run tactics when they look at me has been working out for me so the smell-o-meter has gone down a bit.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

different strats work for different players and every player's mindset can change unless they are sweaty tryhards all the time

something i see a lot when surfing up and down the tiers while playing solo is that a player that carries their team with 10:1 might not even get a kill in the following match. stuff like this happens even if its the same team or they're scrambled with a few other random players mixed in.

it could be the map. or the character selection. or maybe they're just too intoxicated/lazy to give a poo poo. hell, they might even be throwing. but a lot of times i'd guess the matchmaker feels inconsistent because of this moreso than whatever their actual rank is or where their friends carried them to

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

TheKingslayer posted:

There are two types of dead players that give advice in this game that I've personally noticed. The kind that just want to play for you and tell you every little thing to do and the kind that just give you intel and trust you to make the right decisions on it.

The former always gets me killed because I still have trouble tuning them out at times.

The latter can usually help me pull a clutch. But those types seem to be rare.

and the third, the ones who yell things like "clutch or kick!" and threaten to kick you motivating you to get that ace

;)

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

A friend was added by this charming fellow:

How is that name not in the filter?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Javes posted:

What time do you normally play?

I'm usually online almost all evenings from 17-18:00 (GMT+1) to 23ish. If I'm playing whatever game I'm always open to play Siege, BF1, BF4 or Titanfall 2 with goons.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Got my second ace (albeit a bit delayed lol) tonight, and man, you can tell I was nervous because I'm all over the place, but it worked out in the end. I know one of my big issues is still centering/aim placement, but even after years of controller use I'm still all thumbs. I kept moving around because I have the tendency to hesitate and overthink when I'm under pressure like that, but hey, a win is a win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQscTMTCyXI
You can see me checking the scoreboard because I didn't even notice I killed all 5. My friend in game tagged one for an assist so he said it wasn't a "real" ace so :smith:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Quasipox posted:

You can see me checking the scoreboard because I didn't even notice I killed all 5. My friend in game tagged one for an assist so he said it wasn't a "real" ace so :smith:

Nice one! And pah, an ace is an ace, I say - he's just trying to claim some of the glory for himself, I think! haha

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxHKpD-rfnM

Quasipox posted:

My friend in game tagged one for an assist so he said it wasn't a "real" ace so :smith:

lol practically everyone on your team was dead :s:

it's good to play the clock when you have the advantageous position like that. a lot of people would have just ran in or tried a different way but your patience paid off

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Was that C4 catch deliberate? Holy poo poo.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I love this video, the music and Capitao's crossbow makes it great (of course is your gameplay). I've been always curious about Capitao but his weapons are hard for me :(

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Adnor posted:

A friend was added by this charming fellow:

How is that name not in the filter?

I dunno, but I suggest you report them, if you haven't already.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Man, you really make Capitao look fun. Maybe I should unlock him instead of Zofia or Nomad.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
I just started playing Capitão cause I wanted to use another 3 speed on Attack, and he really is a lot of fun. Great for flushing out camping defenders (Echo, Maestro, Mira) and smoke-bolts + flashes makes for great entry-fragging power or utility for planting. Quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

he's one of my favorite attackers because the opportunity to use his ability is very flexible and keeps things fresh even if you want to ignore the obj and waste them on frags

also the BOPE variant of the FAL is very tacticool and sounds great

Xaintrailles posted:

Was that C4 catch deliberate? Holy poo poo.

lol i rushed him when i heard the rip sound of him prepping it but didn't expect it to actually hit me like that

really only monte can mess around vs c4 without expecting to die

Guillermus posted:

I've been always curious about Capitao but his weapons are hard for me :(

they buffed his FAL very slightly a little while ago to be more inline with the other assault rifles. but those arrows really come in handy if you're playing for the obj rather than focusing purely on kills like most other 3 speeds. its best to use that mobility to harass defenders and deny them rotations but the crossbow is also great for hanging back in safety and playing overwatch, assisting whoever is spearheading into site or even adding smoke for glaz.

the arrows are literally pinpoint accurate so you can safely light up the hostage like ying wihout ever killing it like fuze - especially since defenders like to hang around corners and the connecting doors/hallways. a lot of times you can cut them off completely and their only hope is to take an extended rotation or spam through the fire. i'm not 100% sure but even a fully charged Doc with rook armor probably can't Sephiroth his way directly across the flames

e:

Maybe I should unlock him instead of Zofia or Nomad.

Nomad is really cool but fwiw she gets picked way more because she's new. her ability is also probably a lot harder to use when roaming. Zofia is the easiest of the 3 but i wouldn't recommend her unless you want a slower paced Ash. Zofia's LMG seems way better than Cap's. Cap might even have the weakest weapons of the 3.

Zofia is the best at sniffing out where the enemy might be hiding using her stun grenades. the other two rely more on you being able to predict where op4 is going to go if you have any hope to catching them ...unless you are simply rigging a specific area to be as defensible as possible - which is very easy and insanely useful during the final phases of bomb/hostage

nomad might be the hardest operator to counter in the entire game when you lose control of the site and have a time crunch to get to to defuser.

Thief fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 13, 2019

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Quasipox posted:

Got my second ace (albeit a bit delayed lol) tonight, and man, you can tell I was nervous because I'm all over the place, but it worked out in the end. I know one of my big issues is still centering/aim placement, but even after years of controller use I'm still all thumbs. I kept moving around because I have the tendency to hesitate and overthink when I'm under pressure like that, but hey, a win is a win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQscTMTCyXI

I say it's an ace. It's not like y'all were team shooting and you got down credit, you were playing your brains out. That entire play was expertly done on your part. I bet the adrenaline felt amazing.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I wish I had the clip of Thief playing on Coastline where he went nuts with two Yokai drones and just shut down this Ash he was clutching against. She couldn't even move because he had such insane pressure against her.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
No one on earth defines an ace as 5 kills with no assists except your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

my kinda ape posted:

No one on earth defines an ace as 5 kills with no assists except your friend.

But the question is, does it count if you die, too? :v: Since I did an ace-clutch ages ago as Mira, where the last player and I shot one another simultaneously. (Although it wasn't a draw; they won, for some reason. It was Secure, if that matters)

Unfortunately the audio and video quality were both messed up bad during that video (and others that week too, I later noticed. That was probably the last time I used ShadowPlay) so I didn't upload it. So much regret though; would've been a great clip.