Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i had a recruiter email me today with a junior dev position for 20k in london

also

lmao indeed

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 10, 2019

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

why haven’t you reply-all’d yet?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Rex-Goliath posted:

why haven’t you reply-all’d yet?

Someone else did lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ask all these people if they want to form a union

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
exactly what I’d expect from a guy named rick wilf

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

propranolol works loving wonders. Had 4 sessions: technical, behavioral, case study, technical. All the technicals were in swift which was really cool, but may have bit me in the rear end since I don't write swift everyday.

First technical was pretty easy, no white boarding just look at some functions/methods/statements interviewer had pre-written and answer output, why it won't compile, etc. I forgot about the mutating keyword on one question.

Behavioral was standard stuff which i answered with STAR.

Case was actually pretty interesting and I thought cool. Provide business pros cons and technical pros cons about some case, then answer a technical problem that could up from said case.

Last interview I was running out of steam and propranolol confidence so it was a bit rougher and a second interviewer came in as white boarding started(each other was 1 on 1) . It was some linked list stuff and not bad in retrospect. I got a solution with some help, and found an optimization with a hint as I was completely done. We didn't have time to implement optimization and that was that.

I will get a decision and hopefully an offer tomorrow. Which is awesome turn around. Nap and then taking a crack at this vimeo code test that looks like entirely too much work. my friend at vimeo in a non-engineering role also informed me it's being re-worked because devs straight up stop the process because it takes too long. I don't feel like doing it but i don't want to make my friend look bad even though the recruiter contacted by coincidence.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Skyl3lazer posted:

Someone else did lol

Lmao

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
is all of yospos abusing drugs just to do their jobs?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

hard to imagine but some people get anxious during interviews which negatively impacts their performance!

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

also I abuse drugs just to live in hell world

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I mean probably not all of it. For some reason there are posters here who don't work in tech :shrug:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I'm a total square, but then again, I'm not exactly doing my job

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
beta blockers aren't exactly common street drugs so i'm pretty sure KidDynamite got his propanolol through a doctor's prescription and isn't abusing it at all? plenty of people are prescribed a couple xanax for flight anxiety too...

personally i smoke lots of weed but it has nothing to do with my job

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jit bull transpile posted:

does caffeine count?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Man, I'm trying, but there's no dispensary nearby. I'm half tempted to ask the guy who lives in the apartment next to me if I can buy off of him.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
that probably won't work, because never sell no pot where you rest at, i don't care if they want an ounce, tell em bounce

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

DELETE CASCADE posted:

that probably won't work, because never sell no pot where you rest at, i don't care if they want an ounce, tell em bounce
wisdom

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

DELETE CASCADE posted:

I don't think he deals. Could I ask for his buyer? Is there a protocol for that? Do I need to bring references?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

DELETE CASCADE posted:

beta blockers aren't exactly common street drugs so i'm pretty sure KidDynamite got his propanolol through a doctor's prescription and isn't abusing it at all? plenty of people are prescribed a couple xanax for flight anxiety too...

personally i smoke lots of weed but it has nothing to do with my job

something just struck me funny after seeing a bunch of people talking about using Adderall to program more at work too. I'm worried about yospos!

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Goddang that was an in depth interview, lots of obscure c++ and low level memory/CPU questions that only a complete sperg would know. I, of course, am the aforementioned sperg and expecting that it went well

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

something just struck me funny after seeing a bunch of people talking about using Adderall to program more at work too. I'm worried about yospos!

i take adderall legitimately but lol at abusing it to do more work

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

does alcohol count because :cheers:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

lmao

i used to but i can't take nsaids anymore so i just suffer through the pain :toot:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

KidDynamite posted:

yeah seriously. drug abuse is for the weekends

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
Everyone's finally back from vacation as I am getting rejection emails this week. At least there's closure!

I'm too milquetoast for that.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Captain Foo posted:

does caffeine count?

a yosposter literally dosed me post-lunch with this stuff

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED

KidDynamite posted:

it’s pretty useful for interviewing actually

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Just got the follow up, I did really well and judging from Glassdoor and the grade they told me they're hiring for, I'm looking at a minimum +30% pay with 10-15% yearly bonus and sign-on bonus and drastically improved PTO. I've got a final call with their senior director arranged. I've arrived.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JawnV6 posted:

a yosposter literally dosed me post-lunch with this stuff

I do this myself on occasion!!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

qhat posted:

Just got the follow up, I did really well and judging from Glassdoor and the grade they told me they're hiring for, I'm looking at a minimum +30% pay with 10-15% yearly bonus and sign-on bonus and drastically improved PTO. I've got a final call with their senior director arranged. I've arrived.

grats

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

qhat posted:

get figgies

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

qhat posted:

this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1PgKksgw
only the percentages are positive instead of negative

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

qhat posted:

not until you get your security badge

i ain't tryin' to hate but zero hour withdrawals happen

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

oh yeah listen to them ^^^

don’t count your chickens until they’re hatched and all that. but if you’re this far you’re pretty safe

but i’ve had friends relocated across state lines only to have it pulled away from them the day before they were supposed to start

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So I'm not counting chickens right now, of course it can all blow up. Just gonna go out, grab a beer and a nice dinner, and look forward to what is (probably) going to be a decent upgrade to my income.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Congrats

in other news, startups can suck my rear end.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

lol no i abuse drugs to forget about my job like any sane person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

I take a shitload of ritalin but I'm prescribed it.

Also it means I get to enjoy a minimum 30 min poo poo break in the middle of the day

also:

Captain Foo posted: