Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A bad omen for essendon this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drunkill posted:

A bad omen for essendon this season?

Is that dropping on a Hyundai? Carlton spoons confirmed.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Guys guys guys.... AFLX is using a pink football this year and that means that we have to care about it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Can't wait for BT to start telling everyone how much more exciting the pink ball makes it and much of a party atmosphere it is creating

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Just watched the last 2 mins of last years grand final for the 20th time :cheers:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Testekill posted:

Guys guys guys.... AFLX is using a pink football this year and that means that we have to care about it.

Only a matter of time until they have an light up LED ball or some poo poo.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

gay picnic defence posted:

Can't wait for BT to start telling everyone how much more exciting the pink ball makes it and much of a party atmosphere it is creating

Or calls all the players poofs for using them

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Just watched the last 2 mins of last years grand final for the 20th time :cheers:

It should be the OP of the new thread

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
AFL2019: 27 Collywobbles baked in a pie

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Tom Mitchell broke his leg, it’s a good thing the rest of the hawks midfield is so durable and injury resilient

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I really hope it's not bad. Broken legs can be really hard to come back from.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
That sucks, after such a brilliant 2018. Hopefully he comes back well.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Tibia, fibular or femur? A broken leg can range from 6 weeks in a moon boot all the way up to a Brendon Lade

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Tibia, fibular or femur? A broken leg can range from 6 weeks in a moon boot all the way up to a Brendon Lade

The club is saying he is likely going to miss the season. Surgery on the weekend

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

If he's likely to be out for the season then it's probably a fib/tib break.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

realbez posted:

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Don't worry, you have Jaeger to cover the loss :v:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You Am I posted:

Don't worry, you have Jaeger to cover the loss :v:

And Scully

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Gone and done him self a Fyfe

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Any word on the how? Was it a training accident or was he trainsurfing? Cause it requires significantly more force than say an ACL

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
A tackle at training I read.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Ugh, poor guy.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

A tackle at training I read.

Who’s the culprit?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I remember that happening at training in junior footy, everyone telling the guy to get up because he was always complaining, and he was the tackler in this case

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

Who’s the culprit?

Hugh Goddard did this to Josh Bruce in a marking contest after he'd recovered from a stress fracture in his back. No wonder he got the boot.

(Actually that was mainly St. Kilda's lovely list managment)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Who’s the culprit?

No idea

On the bright side, our star midfielder won’t be getting injured in aflx this year!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

realbez posted:

No idea

On the bright side, our star midfielder won’t be getting injured in aflx this year!

I think you just jinxed JOMs knee...

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I don't know that we're cursed. I mean St Kilda's cursed. We just get unlucky at times.

It's probably a big enough deal that we'll be fringe finalists at best.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Pretty bold statement to say that the club that has won a premiership on average every 4.5 years over the last half century is “not cursed” imo

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

I think you just jinxed JOMs knee...

JOM is an invulnerable tank. Like many other members of the current Hawthorn team, his legs can not possibly be damaged.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I reckon I’ve seen it more than that, It helps that it’s on high rotation on Fox Footy over the summer.

The grand final Footy Record is pretty worn out as well, and the Footy Almanac will be soon. Being reigning premiers owns, extend the off-season IMO

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

monolithburger posted:

Hugh Goddard did this to Josh Bruce in a marking contest after he'd recovered from a stress fracture in his back. No wonder he got the boot.

(Actually that was mainly St. Kilda's lovely list managment)

He snapped his achilles, its like one of the worst injuries you can do and only a small percentage of people really recover from then enough. If he manages to get games in Carlton's team then good on him but he has four able bodied defenders in front of him at the Saints.

Was on the facebooks earlier today even before they confirmed a full break that the ambulance was at Waverley for half an hour before leaving. Knew it was a bad one as soon as I read it.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hey AFL thread I just saw an Aussie Rules related film called The Merger (it's out in cinemas I think but the cinema I saw it in was one of those tiny community cinemas or whatever so I don't know if it's actually a recent film but I think it is) but anyway it's one of the best and funniest Australian made films I've seen and it's sort of about Aussie Rules and I recommend it to you all.

Also it contains Aaron Gocs from that show Bump.

EDIT: I looked it up and apparently it was released in September last year but anyway it's grouse.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It came out last year with no fanfare.

I got it on dvd for dad for chrissy, he loves those footy related shows and movies.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
my cousin snapped his forearm a few months ago at footy training when he clashed with another kid, they both got knocked out and he fell while holding the ball against his body which in turn broke both bones in his forearm when he hit the ground. he had to have pins put in his arm but theyre not taking well and one of the screws is coming loose so he needs further surgery and it will have him out over a year at this point. its a shame as the kid is like 16/17 and a gun footy player in his country league so hes having to cool his jets a lot and focus on rehab etc

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 12, 2019

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That really sucks but tell him not to worry, the hawks will pick him up.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
“The x-rays confirmed two clean breaks to the tibia and fibula bones and Tom will undergo surgery this weekend to repair them,” said Makdissi.

“The positive news for Tom is that there are no other associated injuries and as such it is just a matter of waiting for the bones to heal.

“Once this occurs, we will be in a better position to dictate the speed of Tom’s rehabilitation and ultimately his return to the playing field.”

Well that’s good, I guess.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I mean at least it's a clean tib-fib break. Could have been so much worse if it wasn't.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
No displacement from the sounds of things, that's quite good. Little to no tendon damage if that's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

No displacement from the sounds of things, that's quite good. Little to no tendon damage if that's the case.

Yeah I was expecting it to be like Nathan Brown where the break hosed up the tendon along with almost poking out of the skin.