Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I appreciate that panic tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

chaoslord posted:

imgay did inf's thing to huma N1 and then died N2, so I don't think that's the case unless I'm misunderstanding what you're after

He’s trying to push me as the vote again lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Like, scum had to try to kill someone

It wasn't bird

So who was it? If it's inf, does that make the solus lynch bad? If not for that claim I might say so

But I've been yelling about reading posts all game and when it comes to posts I'm frankly flummoxed. Everyone's posting weirdly or not posting

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

He’s trying to push me as the vote again lol

It's not all about you, pal

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don’t see any scum team saying “man imgay sure is a threat” but it’s possible imgay decided to copy one of the bodyguards and used the ability on the actual NK target

Again, too much speculation

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't want to lurker lynch, because that's just rolling the dice.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The only thing that feels right to me is inf as the scum kill. Imgay as a target would just be a waste as they could cut out infis power at the source

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

But that doesn't mean solus is town. And he sure hasn't posted like town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No one in this game has posted as town

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Half the people in this game aren’t even posting

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I said I was going to take a backseat and I didn't

I feel like i've monopolized town energy far too much and I don't want this game to just be "taste corrals the vote he wants v scum"

There's probably 1/2 scum among the bottom 5 lurkers, and likely one of the main contributors is scum also

I think solus is lying about his claim, but i don't particularly feel good about a lot of players. I've got a town read on spidey but maybe that's just because we agree

I think bottleknight is probably likelier to be scum than not

I know chaos is busy irl and he seems to be trying now

pig is often unreadable

i have no thoughts on flerp. seems like voting with no stated basis may be a null

i like gulag but they've realistically contributed very little, impossible to read

hal same

humalong is trying, our personality clash makes it difficult for me to read well

quid lurks as scum. who knows. possibly/probably

spidey seems sincere

solus, obv scumread b/c claim and omgus vote

toalpaz' posting seems really suss to me but i don't feel the vote anymore for some reason. maybe putting too much stock into infi

tobbs shares my reads so he's either town or just buttering me up

xad seems to be just skating along, but someone tainted my view that way, can't remember who

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

just post, guys.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

note for the future, if i die, make toalpaz explain the dynamics of sending an having two actions god bless

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote consider my vote on him but like let's talk tomorrow about everything

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Toalpaz posted:

Cpig as I've mentioned several times. You and Rhj aren't arguing in good faith.

:thunk:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

chaoslord posted:

......why?

Because I think Fisk is scum and Rhj isn't?

I think Rhj is a towny that saw Fisk's push and figured it was worth digging into more, and actually went into it more. He's calling Toalpaz out for what he sees as bad play and defense.

Fisk's case is based literally on setup spec and an omgus. I'm not the one who balanced this game, and being cased makes it easier to see when someone's arguing in bad faith, since I know my own alignment.

Fisk is arguing in bad faith.

Ergo, I'd rather he be lynched over Rhj, who I'm pretty sure is town.

I've been unfortunately a little busier than I want, I still want to make my tobbs case, but I also want Fisk lynched instead at this point.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

okay but does pig ever argue in good faith or is it just a stream of insults

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

SolusLunes (5): Rhjamiz, Jonathan Fisk, Tobbs Gnawed, CapitalistPig, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk
Jonathan Fisk (2): flerp, flerp, SolusLunes, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Anonymous
Toalpaz (2): Jonathan Fisk, Xad, GulagDolls, Jonathan Fisk
Rhjamiz (1): Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk, Toalpaz, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig
Quidthulhu (1): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Anonymous
Tobbs Gnawed (1): flerp
BottleKnight (0): Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk

Not Voting (4): Hal Incandenza, Jonathan Fisk, Mr. Humalong, Quidthulhu

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 11th, 2019 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 12 hours, 15 minutes.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SolusLunes posted:

okay but does pig ever argue in good faith or is it just a stream of insults

That post was talking about Fisk and rhj arguing in “bad faith”, not pig. But to answer your question, Pig argues in “good faith” when he wants to.

———-

This is more to everyone now, is good faith/bad faith the new empty mafia buzzword hotness now?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

chaoslord posted:

That post was talking about Fisk and rhj arguing in “bad faith”, not pig. But to answer your question, Pig argues in “good faith” when he wants to.

———-

This is more to everyone now, is good faith/bad faith the new empty mafia buzzword hotness now?

No More Faith

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

I don’t see any scum team saying “man imgay sure is a threat” but it’s possible imgay decided to copy one of the bodyguards and used the ability on the actual NK target

Again, too much speculation

I could see a scumteam saying “game is more fun without imgay” and killing him though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Like, scum had to try to kill someone

It wasn't bird

So who was it? If it's inf, does that make the solus lynch bad? If not for that claim I might say so

But I've been yelling about reading posts all game and when it comes to posts I'm frankly flummoxed. Everyone's posting weirdly or not posting

I can’t keep track of all the theorycrafting happening in here. Why would the Solus lynch be bad if scum tried to kill infi? Is there some reason Solus would not want infi dead?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

chaoslord posted:

———-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I can’t keep track of all the theorycrafting happening in here. Why would the Solus lynch be bad if scum tried to kill infi? Is there some reason Solus would not want infi dead?

A lot of the heat on solus was linked to infi dying bc of his own action targeting solus

If that's not why he died, solus could still be scum, but it's a different line of reasoning to get there

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If infis action is actually redirecting abilities onto the Jailor it stands to reason he thought he'd prove scum by redirecting the kill onto himself but it ignores that scum can do things other than kill

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

I could see a scumteam saying “game is more fun without imgay” and killing him though

Killing imgay is an affront and he's the best

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

The reason I wouldn't want inf dead is because then it leads back to literally nobody but me once he dies.

Obviously I know he didn't get killed by me if he jailed me, so I think there's something else going on for scum powers (a juggernaut kill on inf, going through thunderdome powers? a roleblock on inf, preventing his thunderdome from going off?)

I wonder if there aren't other roleblockers, since my action to glitch succeeded, and I gained a stack of BP.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Of course he could just be a regular old jailer, but then why all the thunderdome crumbs

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Basically I think that Inf didn't think his crumbs and role shenanigans all the way through, and gave scum a perfect opportunity to frame town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

If infis action is actually redirecting abilities onto the Jailor it stands to reason he thought he'd prove scum by redirecting the kill onto himself but it ignores that scum can do things other than kill

Ok I’m dumb but I get it now.

But yes Infi’s comment is pretty non-conclusive in addition to just being speculation on our part.

I guess I need to read Solus more though because his posting in general isn’t jumping out as scummy to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's self evidently so, the only thing holding me back is a disposition against night claim mafs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

But yes Infi’s comment is pretty non-conclusive in addition to just being speculation on our part.

What do you mean?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I think over all the votes and discussion over the past 24 hours or so this poster is easily the worst I've seen.

##vote Gulag

I've come around to being able to vote solus, but based on his claim being funky, not on infinitum or targets or anything like that.

Upon reflection I think that the argument I had does sound like a slapfight. It makes me more susp of people on the sidelines egging it on and derailing it from it's intent and purpose re: sorting out night action mafia, and onto Toalpaz is scum somehow because I'm disagreeing with someone.

I think Xad could be town. I think Chaoslord could be town.

The bad faith thing has been brought up once this game as far as I can tell, and isn't a mafia buzzword but a way to say someone is arguing insincerely, like when Fisk mockingly calls me total and then says he hasn't read something that should be read because it's something that I had posted about for a couple of hours. While being insincere can be related to being scummy, because they have to case town they know are town, I think fisk is just like that so it's probably null.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'd be fine with a Gulag vote.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote gulag

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sure like, I understand the concept of arguing in good faith/bad faith, but solus seems to be accusing people of arguing in bad faith because he disagrees with the argument, not because the argument is being done insincerely. Which makes it just another buzzword. You can argue setup spec sincerely. It may not be a good argument, but it can absolutely be one you believe.

Toal would you address why you were adamant that imgay couldn’t pick his mime target when he was fairly clear (imo) that he could?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

chaoslord posted:

Sure like, I understand the concept of arguing in good faith/bad faith, but solus seems to be accusing people of arguing in bad faith because he disagrees with the argument, not because the argument is being done insincerely. Which makes it just another buzzword. You can argue setup spec sincerely. It may not be a good argument, but it can absolutely be one you believe.

Toal would you address why you were adamant that imgay couldn’t pick his mime target when he was fairly clear (imo) that he could?

I suppose that's a fair point to make: this could be an argument that Fisk believes.

##unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Considering y'all hemmed and hawed your way into b minus I won't hold your similar hand wringing here against you

iPhone autocorrect isn't a sign of disrespect total

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

chaoslord posted:

I was wrong, I didn't know he could pick.

I stopped talking about it because I was probably wrong.