Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rovert posted:

The last I heard about BCB is that he had massive heat on him and might be axed from ROH as they weren't happy he leaked NXT's interest in him. Also, his oral and general hygiene issues are a shoot.

I'd be disappointed if he didn't reek really badly. Vader levels of appalling smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Greene caught my eye here. Hope he earns a roster spot

https://twitter.com/retroag/status/1078752349185814528

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Huh. When I saw Anthony Greene wrestle he was "All Good" Anthony Greene, came out to Montell Jordan, and called everyone X-Rizzle and appeared to be aping Jean Ralphio.

So I'm very curious what his next gimmick will be that will presumably be from the 70s.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Huh. When I saw Anthony Greene wrestle he was "All Good" Anthony Greene, came out to Montell Jordan, and called everyone X-Rizzle and appeared to be aping Jean Ralphio.

So I'm very curious what his next gimmick will be that will presumably be from the 70s.

He'll think he's "Mean" Joe Greene

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

Greene caught my eye here. Hope he earns a roster spot

https://twitter.com/retroag/status/1078752349185814528

Greene has been doing well on the indies, so I hope he doesnt take the demotion.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

Greene has been doing well on the indies, so I hope he doesnt take the demotion.

ROH probably won't pay for the Hunniez so its a net loss if he goes to ROH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bully Ray kicking the Elite out of ROH
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1079029349565808642

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Boom

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1079761717897412608

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1080539525590515712

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ah yes, the 3 year tradition returns.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

"ROH partners with NWA"

Translation:
NWA's roster is still pretty much non-existant so ROH is lending them some tag teams so the tournament can have more matches than Aldis, Arquette, and whoever else is there in random tag combos.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ah, great wrestling classic, The Crockett Cup

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

gently caress you all, I liked the Crockett Cup, despite all the annual fuckups.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

3 cool teams won so that's got a good legacy, however, I have zero doubt that the winner'll be some scrubs 1000% loyal to Billy Corgan.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It'll be the Briscoes.
Mostly because that's the only tag team ROH has really.
The other two big ones are with AEW.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm really interested in Villain Industries. PCO is awesome and Marty is surprisingly amazing on the mic they could go far.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Brody King's getting reported as hurt, though.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Draxion posted:

Brody King's getting reported as hurt, though.

Broken jaw. He wrestled two shows with it wired shut this past weekend.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1080962109935157248

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dalton's lot is really crummy

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1083113846502576134

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Any chance breaking out Ashley Remmington on the Jericho cruise was a test shot for getting out of ROH?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think so. He tweeted bout being excited for AEW and would be a better fit than ROH.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

don't really get how the guy doing an old chikara gimmick is a test shot for getting out of his contract and going to a different company

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Any chance breaking out Ashley Remmington on the Jericho cruise was a test shot for getting out of ROH?

Could be, but it could have just been fitting for the situation, a boat

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dalton would like to feel appreciated and valued.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

don't really get how the guy doing an old chikara gimmick is a test shot for getting out of his contract and going to a different company

I suppose I'm too used to WWE's stranglehold on any gimmick that's remotely over in the name of intellectual property and assumed Castle was something ROH might have claim to, so doing the other gimmick might've been getting back into doing it in case he needed to revert to it elsewhere.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Buzz Alert - the Jan. 24 show in Dallas is being mained by Bandido vs. Flip Gordon

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Such spots, much flips.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I've just been asked to join a new stable in ROH

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd make a joke about ROH stealing faction wars from New Japan, but then I remembered that stable wars is literally all ROH knows how to do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its an easy thing to book and kayfaybe.

I'm imagining Tenille and Juice having a drunk conversation on pissing and its blowing my mind.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Please book Bandido-Ibushi at the MSG show

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ROH is live on Honor Club right now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there really oughta be a twitter that just tweets when wrestling streams start who knows how many i've missed on services i subscribe to

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pretty sure Flip just legit hosed up his knee

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hoping for the best

https://twitter.com/mitchellpwtorch/status/1084617015996960770

Chris Sabin badly injured his knee last night too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d imagine Sabin doesn’t have much left considering how many times he’s blown his knees at this point.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I really like Jay Lethal, but man, he does nothing for me as champion. I can't even articulate why.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

I really like Jay Lethal, but man, he does nothing for me as champion. I can't even articulate why.

same. I really dug his first run with the belt because he was also TV champion and "You have to relinquish a belt" "Bullshit I do, I'll defend both" ":stare:" was a really interesting concept. This one is just a generic "I need to prove that I am the best" run that only started because Dalton's injuries finally piled up to a point he couldn't keep working through them.

does ROH have a sweetheart deal with a beltmaker? Taven's Big Purple Belt is like the fourth knockoff "Real" "World's" "Championship" title belt ROH has run with in the last couple years. Or is it yet another repurpose of Briscoe's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The House of Truth run was awesome.

This title run feels very much like a “who else would we put it on?” Granted, some of it is because he’s not had the most exciting challenges