Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They also announced The Green Inferno collectors edition. Comes with the soundtrack on CD as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Almost Blue posted:

Shout Factory just announced a Bela Lugosi/Boris Karloff box set:

https://twitter.com/Scream_Factory/status/1083418614462439424

No special features announced yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EMIhi06wuc

I’m gonna be so broke this year :negative:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

People poo poo on Eli Roth and it feels justified most of the time, but he got those cannibals high by the main characters stuffing their weed stash into their friend's bloated corpse before it got cooked and that's the kind of stupid loving bullshit I'm 100% into.

But they've only announced an R-rated cut so far. I'm gonna hold my breath until they confirm the fully uncut version (which I'm assuming they will, but still).

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Almost Blue posted:

Shout Factory just announced a Bela Lugosi/Boris Karloff box set:

https://twitter.com/Scream_Factory/status/1083418614462439424

No special features announced yet.

Sweet, I've been meaning to watch the Lugosi/Karloff Raven for a long time.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

caligulamprey posted:

People poo poo on Eli Roth and it feels justified most of the time, but he got those cannibals high by the main characters stuffing their weed stash into their friend's bloated corpse before it got cooked and that's the kind of stupid loving bullshit I'm 100% into.

But they've only announced an R-rated cut so far. I'm gonna hold my breath until they confirm the fully uncut version (which I'm assuming they will, but still).

That movie is an irredeemable piece of poo poo. Not because of the violence but rather because it's so tedious and boring. And aesthetically it's bland as gently caress. If you're going to make a Cannibal Holocaust rip off 30 years too late at least have it be interesting. There's so many things you could do with it and he just doesn't because he's too busy masturbating to his own edgy childhood. The movie itself has all the aesthetic flair of a lifetime movie. What a pile of poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Liar Lyre posted:

They also announced The Green Inferno collectors edition. Comes with the soundtrack on CD as well.

Why? Does that ugly little movie have a fanbase?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Not sure if this has come up, but Dollar Tree has gotten a bunch of DVD/BD in their stores recently..

Mileage may vary, but on Blu-Ray I found copies of Robocop (original and remake) and on DVD Seasons 1 of Miami Vice and S1/2 of NBCs Wings and the Wilfred (US Remake) TV series.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I got that Kitano set someone posted a week or two back, and this is a petty thing but I wish the cases were consistent. Violent Cop and Boiling Point have these... interesting Ben Marra covers, but not Hana-Bi, which gets on my nerves.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I Before E posted:

I got that Kitano set someone posted a week or two back, and this is a petty thing but I wish the cases were consistent. Violent Cop and Boiling Point have these... interesting Ben Marra covers, but not Hana-Bi, which gets on my nerves.

The covers for Violent Cop and Boiling Point are loving terrible and there are a whole lot of nerds whining about them on the amazon reviews including some people who refuse to even own the movies because of the covers. I prefer a nice looking cover if possible but at the end of the day I hardly give a poo poo about it because it has very little bearing on the quality of the actual product and it's just going to go on a shelf where it won't be seen again. I've never understood why people spend so much time freaking out about video covers.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I don't even hate the Marra covers, I just wish they picked a side

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

Not sure if this has come up, but Dollar Tree has gotten a bunch of DVD/BD in their stores recently..

Mileage may vary, but on Blu-Ray I found copies of Robocop (original and remake) and on DVD Seasons 1 of Miami Vice and S1/2 of NBCs Wings and the Wilfred (US Remake) TV series.

Recently I found BDs of Dog Soldiers, Tekken 2 and Ninja there.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So there’s no way that this eBay account is legit, right? Selling all those oop collectors edition for way under market value. Gotta be fakes.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

So there’s no way that this eBay account is legit, right? Selling all those oop collectors edition for way under market value. Gotta be fakes.

Take a look at those shipping prices.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'm seriously considering buying the two volumes of Pluto cartoons from the Walt Disney Treasures line for $100 just so I have all the animation releases from that series. Though, Vol. 1 tends to go for $50 and Vol. 2 for $100, so it's sort of a good deal. More reason to not slack on limited editions.

Liar Lyre posted:

Looks like a bot created it because you have American Sniper on DVD for $20 (lol), then Ingmar Bergman's Cinema for $30.

Or it's the account of that weirdo who's tried selling his collection for a million dollars.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 12, 2019

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Egbert Souse posted:

I'm seriously considering buying the two volumes of Pluto cartoons from the Walt Disney Treasures line for $100 just so I have all the animation releases from that series. Though, Vol. 1 tends to go for $50 and Vol. 2 for $100, so it's sort of a good deal. More reason to not slack on limited editions.

Looks like a bot created it because you have American Sniper on DVD for $20 (lol), then Ingmar Bergman's Cinema for $30.

Or it's the account of that weirdo who's tried selling his collection for a million dollars.

Even if it's legit you're not going to save anything because the shipping on everything is about 30 dollars.

edit: What a steal!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Serendipity-Blu-ray-DVD/303020569147?hash=item468d6ef23b:g:Y~wAAOSwJOJcMd0A:rk:55:pf:0

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Didn’t see any blus, but I did find Wilfred S1, Art School Confidential, and Lawnmower Man 2 (:laugh:) on DVD.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
God, I’d kill for UHDs of Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood, Punch-Drunk Love, and The Master. PT Anderson makes such pretty movies. I know Punch-Drunk is never gonna happen considering Criterion just got itout on Blu-Ray a couple years ago. But man, TWWB and Boogie Nights would be so loving gorgeous.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Looks like Second Sight are releasing Dawn of the Dead this year in the UK. This is HUGE! They did When a Stranger Calls last month that I heard was an amazing set. Hopefully someone stateside *coughCriterioncough* can release it this year too.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Are the UK rights for DotD anywhere near as hosed as the US rights are though?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

When there’s issues like that, a US company should work with a EU one and put out a UHD disc just so they don’t have to deal with region locking.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Are the UK rights for DotD anywhere near as hosed as the US rights are though?

not anywhere near. Dawn's international rights, from what I'm aware, are with basically sane copyright holders that like money pretty much anywhere it's been released outside of the US.

e: also, yeah, Dawn 78 on UHD would probably loving kill.

Steen71
Apr 10, 2017

Fun Shoe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

e: also, yeah, Dawn 78 on UHD would probably loving kill.

Not if it looks like the one that is already out. https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=11199&d2=10880&s1=110053&s2=106336&i=3&l=0

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Kino Lorber just confirmed release dates for a ton of films, as well as confirmed stuff still yet to be dated.

Among these titles are some of the first new licenses from Universal and StudioCanal, which they've licensed over 100 films each for Blu-ray. Note that the "4K" designation just means they're working from a 4K scan or 4K master, not a UHD release. Though, they're hoping to have their first UHD release this year in addition to the Dollars Trilogy.

MARCH 5
Before and After
The Doctor
Duets
Mad Dog and Glory
The Favor
Untamed Heart

MARCH 12
The Earthling (2K) Include both cuts

MARCH 19
Far From Heaven
Losin' It (2K)
Lovers and Other Strangers (4K)
The Minion (2K)
Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came (4K)

MARCH 26
For a Few Dollars More (New 4K Restoration)
Jivaro (4K/2K) 3-D
Road to Morroco
Road to Singapore
Road to Utopia
Road to Zanzibar
The Tarnished Angels

APRIL 2
Green Card
An Innocent Man
Unstrung Heroes

APRIL 9
Emmanuelle
Emmanuelle 2
Goodbye Emmanuelle (aka Emmanuelle 3)
Rider on the Rain - Includes both cuts

APRIL 16
Becky Sharp (4K)
Bend of the River

APRIL 23
Dead of Night (4K)
The House of the Seven Gables
The Land Unknown
Scream and Scream Again - Includes both cuts

APRIL 30
Highway Patrolman (4K)
Pink Panther Cartoons Volume 5

MAY 7
Kind Hearts and Coronets
The Lavender Hill Mob
The Man in the White Suit

MAY 14
The Bigamist (4K)
The Hitch-Hiker (2K)
Not Wanted (4K)

MAY 21
Clockers
Crooklyn
Jungle Fever
Mo' Better Blues
Summer of Sam
Acceptable Risks (DVD only)
The Sinking of the Rainbow Warrior (DVD only)

MAY 28
The Landlord (2K)
Midas Run (4K)
Ring of Bright Water (4K)

COMING SOON
The Champagne Murders
Charley Varrick (4K)
Le Doulos (4K)
Gone to Earth / The Wild Heart
Grace Quigley
The Gun Runners
Kidnapped (2K)
Kundun
Naked Alibi
Phobia (4K)
Pink Panther Cartoons Volume 6
The Silent Partner
Stick
Street People (2K)
Sweet Charity (4K) Both Endings
They Might Be Giants - Longer cut
Thunder Bay

(They're also releasing nine British Hitchcock films, including Blackmail, as well as films by Godard, Melville, Resnais, and Clouzot)

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Egbert Souse posted:

APRIL 23
Dead of Night (4K)

hell yeah, this is overdue for a good release

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Alien coming to UHD.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ooooooooooooooooh

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Alien always seems to be a victim of hideous box art.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m pretty sure it’s a statue they used for that. They keep using action figures for all their Predator Blu rays.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Everyone remembers the Alien having rainbow soap bubble patterns to it. Classic.

Does the egg have no iconic status any more? The cat's out of the bag now so we don't use it?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 15, 2019

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Maybe Best Buy will do a steelbook that looks better.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Alien always seems to be a victim of hideous box art.

The article says it’s just temp artwork so maybe they’ll fix it before release :shrug:

It looks like a screen capture from a late 90’s FMV game.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Criterion in April:
Police Story 1 & 2
A Face in the Crowd
Stranger than Paradise
Night on Earth
Diamonds of the Night
My Brilliant Career

Vinegar Syndrome for February:
Battle for the Lost Planet
Party Line
Wacko a.k.a. The Last Horror Show

Shout Select in April
The Boxer
Kuffs
Paradise Alley
Talk to Me
This Gun for Hire

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:woop:

I've been holding out for too long and hopefully Aliens on UHD won't be 7 years off

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Police Story and A Face in the Crowd coming from Criterion is awesome I can't wait to pick those up.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

God I love Vinegar Syndrome.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Kuffs?

Really?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Kuffs?

Really?

Hey both people who want that are probably very excited.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
The Boxer? Is that the one with Daniel Day-Lewis?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mallratcal posted:

God I love Vinegar Syndrome.

The only thing I hate about Vinegar Syndrome is that I have to wait for their releases to show up at my door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
My Severin black Friday order arrived, and Skinner looks amazing. The film has wierd giallo tones but mostly just plods along.