Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

mods please ban anyone who doesn't watch this trailer all the way through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eekLsJT3zyc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh fuckin’ sweet, more hot takes and slapfights on breath of the wild. I’m so there.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I really wish FF14 would come to Switch. Could it technically be feasable?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

BisterdDave posted:

I really wish FF14 would come to Switch. Could it technically be feasable?

Didn't it run on the ps3? It's probably possible but they won't do it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They abandoned the PS3 version because it was holding back the PC and PS4 versions and even that PS4 version is starting to get a little long in the tooth.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Put it on Switch, but the pre ARR version :twisted:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Huh, I knew Vesperia was gonna be 60fps in battles and 30fps out of them, but seems the key thing is that it's unlocked because there's definitely areas when I started up the game it was going faster than 30. Nice surprise I suppose?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Modus Pwnens posted:

I bailed on it after my party was able to beat a boss without any input from me. At that point I felt if I wasn't needed I might as well go play something else.

That's the point of the mechanics though. It's an MMO party management simulator. Your job is to make the AI do what pubbies can't: properly follow orders.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

PantsBandit posted:

It's not.

It does.
:rolleyes:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Maybe that's what they mean by botw-style pokemon. Every trainer battle is in a tent at the side of the road and every one of them gives you a different badge

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Low-effort whine posts deserve low-effort responses.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

PantsBandit posted:

Low-effort whine posts deserve low-effort responses.

Lmfao

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Zelda is a lame series salvaged by how expensively produced the games are that hasn't done anything worth much since Ocarina. BotW's universal worship by the press was a big joke for those who remember when Nintendo actually put out exciting titles like Thousand Year Door and Metroid Prime.

I suspect the level of effort I put into this sentiment wouldn't stop you from getting pissy.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 11, 2019

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Imagine being someone who is unable to criticize anything ever

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Zelda is a lame series carried by how expensively produced the games are that hasn't done anything worth much since Ocarina and BotW's universal worship by the press was a big joke for those who remember when Nintendo actually put out exciting titles like Thousand Year Door and Metroid Prime.

This but Unironically

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I actually just started playing breath of the wild after owning it for a year. I think the game is good, and I like playing it.

Also I am pretty bad at it, because I mostly enjoy wandering around like an rear end in a top hat and smashing my weapons against weird monsters in the dead of night.

And I'm loving terrible at dodging and I feel like I constantly accidentally hit L3 and drop into a crouch mid-battle like some kind of rear end in a top hat.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No Wave posted:

Zelda is a lame series salvageded by how expensively produced the games are that hasn't done anything worth much since Ocarina. BotW's universal worship by the press was a big joke for those who remember when Nintendo actually put out exciting titles like Thousand Year Door and Metroid Prime.

This but the exact opposite

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mezzanon posted:

And I'm loving terrible at dodging and I feel like I constantly accidentally hit L3 and drop into a crouch mid-battle like some kind of rear end in a top hat.

The game is pretty fun but the controls are absolute dogshit. I played it for like 20 hours and still I kept making mistakes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The game is pretty fun but the controls are absolute dogshit. I played it for like 20 hours and still I kept making mistakes.

I thought it controlled great but the first thing I did was switch jump to b and climb to x. The default seemed wrong.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
BOTW is one of the few games that justifies its open world and I enjoyed the hell out of it during my playthrough. I still need to go back and play the DLC. I started it but then put it down.

I like that the game gives you almost all of your tools right at the start; it allows you to solve problems in a lot of different ways, and theoretically allows for more robust puzzle design. I like the way the various world systems interact.

In practice I think the shrines fell a little flat. Too many of them were exactly the alike, and too many were overly simple. There were some gems, though. The load times were too long.

It's probably my favorite Zelda, though.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m personally still waiting for a good open world game and while I don’t think it’s possible I hold out hope it will happen.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Mezzanon posted:

I feel like I constantly accidentally hit L3 and drop into a crouch mid-battle like some kind of rear end in a top hat.

don't squeeze the controller so hard, you're gonna get a repetitive stress in jury

content
Feb 13, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m personally still waiting for a good open world game and while I don’t think it’s possible I hold out hope it will happen.

uuggghhhh

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
A Link to the Past was a very good open world game. Its kind of a loaded term now and people seem to mean different things by it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Meanwhile, the guy who created Bowsette as a laugh just got an award from NicoNico for making the 20th most impactful meme in Japan
https://twitter.com/ayyk92/status/1083825086375723008?s=21

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

content posted:

uuggghhhh

I know I’m eternally optimistic

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

man nurse posted:

Oh fuckin’ sweet, more hot takes and slapfights on breath of the wild. I’m so there.

Yes this is a thread where people discuss the Nintendo switch and all related software

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

don't squeeze the controller so hard, you're gonna get a repetitive stress in jury

I didn't think I was squeezing that hard :(

Here's a weird question. There was a shrine where you had to gyro control a ball through a maze, and I could not finesse that at all, so instead i flipped the whole maze upside down and when the ball fell i just used the upside down maze as a pinball flipper to shoot the ball where it was supposed to go. does this make me an idiot or a genius?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

If you want to talk about something else talk about it. If no one cares well that’s life man.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Meanwhile, the guy who created Bowsette as a laugh just got an award from NicoNico for making the 20th most impactful meme in Japan

Last year or ever? What were the top 19?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
For some reason some posters think that when someone is criticizing a game, that they think it's bad. People are able to think a game is good and still have stuff they wish could have been implemented.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Switch should implement good games!!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

il serpente cosmico posted:

BOTW is one of the few games that justifies its open world and I enjoyed the hell out of it during my playthrough. I still need to go back and play the DLC. I started it but then put it down.

I like that the game gives you almost all of your tools right at the start; it allows you to solve problems in a lot of different ways, and theoretically allows for more robust puzzle design. I like the way the various world systems interact.

In practice I think the shrines fell a little flat. Too many of them were exactly the alike, and too many were overly simple. There were some gems, though. The load times were too long.

It's probably my favorite Zelda, though.

It's still my favorite open world game. Exploring feels so much more fun in BOTW than any other open world game I've played.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I love BOTW and Zelda. Wish rain wasn't so annoying since it doesn't let me climb walls or cook food. A sequel with dungeons and even more crazy items to let me get around would be sick. Okay thanks.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Only 20th? I want to see the fanart of the other 19 then.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

That's a pretty funny backhanded award.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What makes it backhanded

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Last year or ever? What were the top 19?

No idea, but it's what was voted upon by the NicoNico community so 🤷🏻‍♂️Bowsette has been huge in Japan.

Edit: I'm going to WonderFestival next month in Tokyo, which is most about garage kits. I expect to see a few Bowsette figures there.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/gonintendotweet/status/1083855763993518088?s=21
:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you could have asked me for anything in BOTW it would be gear that allows you to not slip in the rain versus stopping and making a campfire.

2nd: I'd ask for some more traditional zelda gadgets.
3rd: Like, maybe 2-3 more dungeons

but i think it was a masterpiece anyway