Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wheat Loaf posted:

A SPOTTY MAN came to help him.

Dr Who actor Jon Pertwee did the voice for Spotty!

Roy Kinnear did the voice for Bulk. He's probably best known as Mr. Salt from the original Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory but he turned up in all sorts of stuff, such as this Mike And The Mechanics music video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAMLa5ZC-B4

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm not trying to beat on you specifically, but man, this is just such a lazy, tired observation. Give imagination and whimsy some credit.
The creator invented the character of the brave superhero teddy bear in 1978 when he was telling bedtime stories to his son who couldn't sleep because he was afraid of the dark. WB offered a quarter million pounds to buy the rights in 1980 but he refused and created his own production company because he wanted to create jobs locally and he wanted to make sure the stories got told right and weren't turned into just another cheap violent Saturday morning cartoon.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperTed

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 13:40 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I think I remember him fighting ivory traders one episode so maybe he is an environmentalist?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Well, set you phone to vibrate already!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dr Who actor Jon Pertwee did the voice for Spotty!

For ages I was convinced that the narrator was the same guy who did the opening narration for Tugs, but apparently it was someone else. They sound really similar, though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wheat Loaf posted:

For ages I was convinced that the narrator was the same guy who did the opening narration for Tugs, but apparently it was someone else. They sound really similar, though.

Goddamn, someone else who's actually seen TUGS :stare:.

I actually quite liked TUGS, I wish there'd been more of it.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I don't say this often, but the HOA was right to take it in this case.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mjBaVT9RF0

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Billy Shoepack and his dynamite died for our sins.

Edit: One thing I enjoyed about Tugs is how everyone had a different accent. The main tug was Cockney, his sidekick was Geordie, the big strong tug was Glaswegian, the paddle-steamer tug was Welsh, the main bad guy tug was (Hastings / south coast?) and his sidekick was Liverpudlian, the gangster ship was Australian etc.

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 15:37 on Jan 11, 2019

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

Edit: One thing I enjoyed about Tugs is how everyone had a different accent. The main tug was Cockney, his sidekick was Geordie, the big strong tug was Glaswegian, the paddle-steamer tug was Welsh, the main bad guy tug was (Hastings / south coast?) and his sidekick was Liverpudlian, the gangster ship was Australian etc.

So this was real?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

So this was real?

There was a lot less fighting involved.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, that brings me back. I hope we get a gritty reboot.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

JoelJoel posted:

Lol, that brings me back. I hope we get a gritty reboot.

Samuel Speedboat, the high-octane cousin of Theodore who does cocaine smuggling runs in the Florida Keys.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wheat Loaf posted:

God bless that insane Alligator Tug :patriot:.

I'll see your American knockoff and raise you;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-TbGzy194
Realtalk though, the setbuilding in that show was actually pretty impressive. Nevermind that they got to play with pyrotechnics in several episodes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Realtalk though, the setbuilding in that show was actually pretty impressive. Nevermind that they got to play with pyrotechnics in several episodes.

My favourite episode was the one with the log jam. I had a vhs with that one, the one with the suicidal tugboat with a jinx on him and one other I can't remember.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

BrigadierSensible posted:

And if that isn't funny enough, as an apology accept this picture of Macho Man Randy Savage meeting the Easter Bunny.

The Cadbury Creme egg rises to the top

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

And if that isn't funny enough, as an apology accept this picture of Macho Man Randy Savage meeting the Easter Bunny.

What an amazing tag team this would have been, it would have been a huge draw around Easter.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

EASTER BECKONS THE MACHO MAN, YEAH!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/UIeZuMm.mp4

right click, show controls, sound on

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Because I can't find the fanart thread, here is a picture of SuperTed that I found that made me smile.

Gassed again for just being people getting mad about Captain Invictus. Or people posting anything that seems more anime than Transformers. Or Pokemon, or Deltarune, or just posting in general. The concept in general is just too much of a headache. It's not coming back.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

That's the South Lawn of the White House too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Evil SpongeBob posted:

That's the South Lawn of the White House too.

Oh yeah?

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Oh yeah. I would assume during the annual Easter Egg Roll. This belongs in the bad rear end picture thread for us old rear end 80's kids.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s funny because it’s true.

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIgGbXY9dTg

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

I thought I'd know this would be. I was wrong.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Normally I’m not big on clicking undescribed youtube links, but this was at least half worth it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Jan 12, 2019

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

George Jetson was a 24 year old who knocked up a 17 year old

He always seems to make the wrong decisions, yes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Crap I meant to post that in the cursed thread, oh well

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Never thought I'd be applying the "half your age plus seven" rule to the Jetsons, but here we are

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I thought I'd know this would be. I was wrong.

to clarify, I thought this was BBT without laughs. In fact, its BBT with -more- laughs.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The 60s were pretty hosed up.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

God bless that insane Alligator Tug :patriot:.

I'll see your American knockoff and raise you;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-TbGzy194

It's a Canadian knock-off which I fell I need to apologize to you for your error

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pkwrxlmQPM1xm5yno.mp4

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

RareAcumen posted:

Gassed again for just being people getting mad about Captain Invictus. Or people posting anything that seems more anime than Transformers. Or Pokemon, or Deltarune, or just posting in general. The concept in general is just too much of a headache. It's not coming back.

Jesus Christ, these people.

:jerkbag:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Arkannoyed posted:

Jesus Christ, these people.

:jerkbag:
Yeah, pretty much lol oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012