Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Justin Haley was announced for the Kauling #11 a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

Justin Haley was announced for the Kauling #11 a while back

I totally missed that somehow.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
SRA going full money burn, signs Tyler Dippel full time and wrecks every single car

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jayski/status/1083730115404668930?s=19

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think matte or satin black would have looked better but overall I think it's pretty cool.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I was expecting purple and white given their website and all the marketing I've seen for them.

It looks kind of like they're trying to keep an identity with the black and "Jeff Gordon Yellow" numbers much as the 43 with Petty Blue regardless of their sponsors but, for what it's worth, it looks alright.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There are some interesting ideas there but they don't really form a cohesive whole, which is a bummer because I think there was some cool potential given the color scheme

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's not the same :sigh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

There are some interesting ideas there but they don't really form a cohesive whole, which is a bummer because I think there was some cool potential given the color scheme

I wish your post would've beaten mine because I would've quoted you in it because I was curious to your thoughts, but I feel like they're trying to keep an identity with the yellow numbers on black since Jimmie had that for a while with Lowe's. Think Petty Blue on the 43 with sponsors where that really doesn't/didn't fit.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The numbers are fine, it's everything else that's the issue.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I don't hate it but I don't particularly like it either, and definitely echo the disappointment that this could have been a pretty tight looking car with the options available

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The yellow/green numbers just sort of clash with the rest of the color scheme, I get they want continuity but the font should have been continuity enough.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

mactheknife posted:

I don't hate it but I don't particularly like it either

Pretty much my opinion of Jimmie

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Black, Purple and Neon Green don't go together, whoulda thunk it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

tell that to the :krad: backgrounds i used to use while getting my pictures taken back in the early 90s

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

if that scheme was on a GTO or GTP car circa 1988 it'd be baller

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Thats......that's a thing.

Use the same colors, but rip off Dale Jr's base from 2017, and you've got something that looks good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm going to run a playlist in Winter Heat tonight at 8 Eastern. I had an idea for a schedule, but I've already changed it because I've found some amazing-looking stuff from LBTV's collection.

I'll probably do the same thing tomorrow night because it's going to dump snow here and I'm not going out in that.

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I think highlighter yellow on black looks fine but the hood to me looks bad. Looks too busy. Just a straight logo would look better in my opinion.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/1083947045688406018?s=19

Well poo poo

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Feels like yesterday when I saw him doing interviews after JGR wins. RIP.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Looks like the 48 numbers and the Ally text are two different shades of yellow-green, which, lol.

It’s not a great design.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Peanut President posted:

Tom Hoover did it better:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Tom Hoover did it better:

that's clearly highliter yellow and pink :colbert:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

yeah so is JJ's car :colbert:

Also that hood on JJ's car hurts my head to look at. Awful design. Def agree with whoever said that just the logo would look way better.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 12, 2019

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Probably 4 inches of snow outside with more to come, so racin''s on in here. I'll hang out for a bit because the only other thing I'm doing is watching hockey and just break it off if nobody comes in. Largely the same playlist from last night in case you missed it, with new stuff plus K&N from Daytona: https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

Racin', not racing, mind you.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I like the colors and the biggest problem I see with the hood is the sharp horizontal cutoff on the extra "a" pieces. If they let it come all the way back to the one underneath it would be a hell of a lot better.

No help for the "ll"s though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If they solidly committed to a) the gradients around the tires, b) the weird logo echo thing, or c) the racing stripes coming off the LL in the logo, instead of all three, it could be something really cool. As it is though, eh.

I don't think anyone's posted the Ryan Newman Hot Dog Scheme:

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I just ordered that diecast I dont think it even exists yet I dont fuckin care

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It looks like a burn victim but I guess that was sort of the point.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

If they solidly committed to a) the gradients around the tires, b) the weird logo echo thing, or c) the racing stripes coming off the LL in the logo, instead of all three, it could be something really cool. As it is though, eh.

diamond plate dogs owns

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I like the Wienermobile. They could've done a lot worse. See "Johnson, Jimmie/Ally Bank".

Those cars are going to look so weird with the Furniture Row Racing Memorial Contig-Free look.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

kidcoelacanth posted:

Jesus Murphy, is that bad. And I'm not even a paint scheme guy. Wow.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I appreciate a car that just says HOTDOGS on the side

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

So close to Doobies Hot Dogs

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Hi,

Any goons attending the Chili Bowl?

Going on Wednesday and Saturday.

Just thought I'd pop in and ask. Hope ya'll are doing well.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Neodoomium posted:

I appreciate a car that just says HOTDOGS on the side

Extremely same op

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Dale Jr. and Jeff Gordon trade Intimidator tales

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jeff talking about his early career is good too.

Dale has been doing some podcasts recently other than his own and his story about how his dad thought he was a gently caress up, reluctantly gave him the DEI Busch Drive (and didn't tell him about it) and then became super close for 2 years until his death when they were racing is really :smith: I think its the Joe Rogan podcast that story is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Hi,

Any goons attending the Chili Bowl?

Going on Wednesday and Saturday.

Just thought I'd pop in and ask. Hope ya'll are doing well.

Nice to see you Fuzzy! Have fun!