Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So they gambled a fixed amount and got lucky. Not an infinite gamble pool powered by money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yup! Just think! YOU could get that lucky!! What? You didn't in the first couple orb pulls? Well. You could just, like. Try another couple. There's an offer for a few for just a dollar! If you get a 7* you can be the envy of your guild! Top of the Arena!

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
.05% chance for a 7star, .5% chance for 6 star. Lower red star pulls than what you already have for a character convert to repulls at an incredibly low rate.

"The House of M always wins" should be the thread title

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

I haven't pulled any doubles of the red stars. What happens if you get a 3-star promotion and then a 2-star?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The 2 gets turned into red star orb shards

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Also lol one of my inaugural pulls was for Magneto, that's just gonna stay in the inventory for a million years till I get him

At least I got some Stars on my boys Wolferine and Luke

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Haha didn’t even realize you had to pull an actual 7 star instead of just adding onto them. F2P is garbage.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Pretty much just assume by default any sensible option will not happen in this hellgame

When are costumes being added to orb pulls, foxnut

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

HebrewMagic posted:

When are costumes being added to orb pulls, foxnut

That's adorable. i'm still betting on them being new characters because that's what Galaxy of Heroes does.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Adult Sword Owner posted:

oh no I never finished my waifu, guess I have to play again

At least your waifu is easy to get, Scarlet Witch just got added to arena.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

NmareBfly posted:

Yup! Just think! YOU could get that lucky!! What? You didn't in the first couple orb pulls? Well. You could just, like. Try another couple. There's an offer for a few for just a dollar! If you get a 7* you can be the envy of your guild! Top of the Arena!

Where is this $1 for a red star, I only see switch orbs

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There was a 1 buck 1000 core deal about a week back that paid for a red orb deal. Don’t worry I used mine and got nothing so it’s probably for the best.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Where is this $1 for a red star, I only see switch orbs

I think he means the two separate offers where you can buy 1000 cores for a dollar, and the one to get 3 red star orbs for 1000 cores.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

John Dyne posted:

I think he means the two separate offers where you can buy 1000 cores for a dollar, and the one to get 3 red star orbs for 1000 cores.

yeah, I was. I guess to their credit you can't just slam dollars in for red orb pulls? I'm actually a little surprised now that I think of it.

Huh, funny. I just looked and there's now a 3 red star pull for 1350 cores.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/12/10/marvel-strike-force-carnage-miles-morales-green-goblin-spiderverse/

Miles drops today. Carnage and Green Gobbo coming!!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
New characters visible, so new looks at them with maxed abilities.

Green Goblin posted:

Villain, City, Bio, Blaster, Spider-Verse

Goblin Strike
Attack primary target for 330% damage. 25% chance to attack adjacent targets for 260% damage.

Burning Rage
4 energy, starts with 4.
Attack a random target with Stealth for 450% damage. If no targets have Stealth, attack primary target instead. Deal 50% additional damage per positive effect on the target.

Fire and Brimstone
7 energy, starts with 5.
Attack primary target for 290% damage. Attack 3-4 random targets for 290% damage.

Cauterize
On Spawn, apply Defense Down to the enemy with the most Resistance. If that enemy is SHIELD, apply Defense Down for 2 turns.
On any Spider-Verse ally's turn, choose 2 random enemies. If they have a positive effect, remove 1.
Gain 20% Max Health.
Gobby is very angry at SHIELD.

Spider-Man (Miles) posted:

Hero, City, Bio, Brawler, Spider-Verse

Quick Strike
Attack primary target for 280% damage. If the target has Defense Down, clear 3 positive effects.

Venom Shock
4 energy, starts with 4.
Attack primary target for 300% damage + change Speed Bar by -50% + Apply Slow for 2 turns + prolong all negative effects by 1. Gain Stealth.
This attack cannot be blocked.

Web Blast
6 energy, starts with 6.
Attack all enemies for 260% damage. Apply Disrupted to the primary target for 2 turns. Apply Disrupted to 2 additional targets.

Ultimate Spidey
On Spawn, gain Stealth.
During Stealth, +25% Dodge Chance.
On Turn, apply Defense Down to a random target. If that target already had Defense Down, gain Offense Up instead.
Miles does a heck of a number with that Venom Shock.

Carnage posted:

Villain, City, Bio, Brawler, Spider-Verse

Cleave
Attack primary target for 280% damage. If the primary target has a negative effect, Chain to 1-2 adjacent targets for 90% damage + spread 2 negative effects from the primary target to secondary targets.
This will not spread Stun.
Counterattack breaks this Chain.

Slaughter
5 energy, starts with 3.
Attack primary target for 420% damage + 100% additional damage per negative effect. Remove all negative effects from the primary target. Attack all adjacent targets for 250% damage.

Absolute Carnage
6 energy, starts with 6.
Attack primary target for 500% Piercing + apply 2 Bleed for 2 turns. If the primary target is above 50% Health, apply an additional Bleed for 2 turns.

Frenzied Fury
When an enemy drops below 25% Health, Fill Speed Bar by 30% + Heal for 10% of this character's Max Health.
No specific Spider-Verse synergy, but he loooves debuffs.

UPDATE: Carnage and energy data added. Spider-Man and Venom both gained the Spider-Verse tag, and each had their passives altered a bit: Spider-Man's now gives his bonus Speed Bar on Dodge to both himself and Miles (if on the same team). Venom's now gives the +100% Focus if any Spider-Verse character is present. (I assume any OTHER Spider-Verse character besides Venom; also, they didn't quite catch it in the description so it still says "Spider-Man" on part of it.)

Hogama fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 12, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Green Goblin looks like they photoshopped goblin's face on some generic monster's body.

Also lol at making the Shield team counter another character you have to grind/pay for.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Um, did they really give out 23 red star orbs yesterday, or did I accidentally exploit the poo poo out of this game?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Wintermutant posted:

Um, did they really give out 23 red star orbs yesterday, or did I accidentally exploit the poo poo out of this game?

I think they added in a whole lot of new achievements and you won them all if you had already passed those levels.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wintermutant posted:

No they did, it was retroactive credit for a new tier of achievements that rewards red star orbs as you level.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Oh nice, so I can relax then. Didn't get anything particularly great but that's surprisingly generous for them.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
I got 3 2r-star Nobu while I already had him at 3r lol

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

thuly posted:

I got 3 2r-star Nobu while I already had him at 3r lol
With all those dupes you're well on you're way to opening an elite red star orb, which guarantees you one 4* ravager bruiser.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm actually impressed how fair getting red stars is. You could spent a bunch of money to do it, but you can just paly and still get them, just not as fast.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

davebo posted:

With all those dupes you're well on you're way to opening an elite red star orb, which guarantees you one 4* ravager bruiser.

Dream big

Why yes, I will show off my insane bit of luck at the drop of a hat.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

davebo posted:

good to have three of the shittiest minions at 3+ R

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Boys and girl, it looks like it is happening.

https://www.marvel.com/fantastic-four-week posting again

FANTASTIC
loving
FOUR

TRIPLE F

THE SLAPPENING featuring Richard Reed
Invisible Mom featuring Susan Storm
Thingburger featuring Thing
Herman Terlit featuring Human Torch
TOOT. You know the drill here.

Dr. DOOM.

What I’m saying is these characters are on the docket NOW and it looks like we can expect something huge for all the Marvel games incoming.

There’s a stream I guess happening January 8th for the Marvel games.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
This is probably a stupid post, but do I keep doing blitz until I run out of the blitz energy? If I'm still playing in a week, I'll hook up with a goon squad. I have a feeling this game will be my jam.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You can run each team for free once every 2 hours. Depending on what you wanna do run them till you start costing 100 refresh currency and move on to the next. Depending on how hard I want the reward I’ll do that the first time and then just run the free till the end. I don’t try for top ranking cause that’s a fools errand on any real valuable character.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I gotcha. I've only started playing two days ago so I don't have enough characters for two teams yet. Still trying to get a third villain to run the villain campaign

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can’t stress the discord enough for this. It’s insanely active out of all the channels for games we have. Get in, ask questions and just know we are all happy to help make the experience fun for however long you all decide to play.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The discord was super super helpful and nice in getting me ramped up over the last few months. Highly recommend.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sub is all growed up and wrecks poo poo now

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
They even gave away a code for a Dan Slott comic to commemorate it, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Mericet
Apr 7, 2011
Just got started on this about a week ago and really enjoying it so far. This will probably be my go-to for a good long time, because I grew up with Marvel and turn-based rpgs.

I'll probably play most days, maybe miss a day here or there and do the raids when they come up, which alliance has space/fits?

(Can't currently discord due to pc problems, but will be able to in a week or so)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Gimme another day or two and I think I can clear a spot in Catmans for you, just wanna make sure I’m not kicking someone active.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ok friend Search Catman’s Shameful Secret and get in so we can carry you to success.

Mericet
Apr 7, 2011
I did join Groot Squad in the end, but I figure it'd be better to be in one of the thread ones, sent a request as Kezzerdrixx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

CSS has been great to join as a newbie. No pressure, no nagging, no discord requirements, etc.