Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

DanielCross posted:

Not quite. (Does any one actually care about spoilers for loving Survivor?) You're actually a detective who is investigating said prison camp director, and when you get amnesia, you think you're him because you pretended to be him to get sewer guy to talk and never cleared that up before getting amnesia, so sewer guy keeps calling you by the prison camp dude's name.

Sounds like a pretty complicated Ark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wanderer posted:

I'm never gonna find it again, but I distinctly remember seeing screenshots of a PSX edition of CV.

i dont think it was ever ps1 planned. they wanted to do console exclusives back then, n64 was getting 0, dreamcast CV and ps1 RE3, at least back when it was just Last Escape and no jill.

then again, theres early concept art for the training facility from 0 that was planned as a disc expansion for the original re1 so who knows.

edit: might these be the screenshots? https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/10/resident-evil-code-veronica-beta/ i remember see them too, with claire in her re2 outfit.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 12, 2019

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
they should put survivor in the RE engine for VR purposes, i bet it would rule.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

they should put survivor in the RE engine for VR purposes, i bet it would rule.

I always wanted to play RE7 in VR is it pretty scary?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Rabid Snake posted:

supposedly, i wouldnt know either! one day tho...

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

supposedly, i wouldnt know either! one day tho...

I dont need VR to be scared, and it was scary, but I cant imagine with a VR headset....

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

RE4 on the GC, PS2, and Wii has slightly retooled item drops from enemies and slightly tuned difficulty and there's the Japanese easy mode that IIRC we didn't get til the Wii version where it keeps the difficulty about the same as normal but just removes areas like the tower and stuff from the game. Plus every version made after the GC one has the gore toned down when Leon is killed (like when his face melts off his skull a bit when the flies kill him with acid, etc.).

I don't think a remake is needed, but given how much RE4 went in with the mercenaries mode and tracking time and stuff it would be interesting to get a definitive version of the game with every balance configuration and extra mode and various challenge modes based around that to play around with. Like a super HD version of RE4 that's kept intact but with expanded Mercenaries stuff, things like the challenge courses in CVX, more playable characters, ideas like the one deadly zombie/invisible enemies/etc. stuff from REmake, etc. There's a lot of cool things they could do with the base game that would make for fun stuff (especially in today's world where people stream stuff, like can you even imagine if something on par with REmake or RE4 dropped for the very very first time today?) while not changing the base game beyond maybe slightly updated textures/lighting/models. Like take the same budget used for this RE2 remake and instead of remaking RE4 use it to just go completely insane with the side content and extra modes and tracking of them.

My man Neo Rasa

You seem to be a Resident Evil connoisseur (your written article was great I've never played through RE0 is it worth it?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Rabid Snake posted:

If you’re on your umpteenth playthrough like I was when I did it, absolutely not. But it’s a hell of a good time. :v:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Loved the demo. I took my time so I didn't finish, didn't get much farther than the shotgun, but I don't want to see the trailer anyway. It is so loving satisfying to finally be shooting regular zombies in a modern RE. And these zombies are the best of any game I've played. Viscerally disgusting, their bodies reflect all the damage you put into them with amazing detail, yet you're never sure whether they're dead.

Rabid Snake posted:

Yes, way scarier than on TV.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

codo27 posted:

that loving water treatment machine

I will never understand how so many people could have had trouble with that puzzle, it was super easy.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Agreeing that I don't think a RE4 remake is needed since the main thing they added to the older games is the over the shoulder controls and the new camera angle. 4 was the game that first gave us that in the first place and really made gave the game a much needed make over. I was super bummed out when I bought REmake1 because I thought they went full 3D with it and brought along RE4 controls and camera angles.

I never minded the tank controls back in the day but after playing the new style I just can't go back.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe the solution is to give RE4ake a classic RE camera

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Spalec posted:

Resident evil 3 always felt like a side story. I think it only got the "number" due to some deal with Sony.

Yeah Sony wanted exclusivity on numbered REs at the time so Capcom turned the RE2 spin-off (Nemesis) into a mainline entry and RE3 itself into a spin-off named Code: Veronica. Sony never suspected a thing

It probably worked out for the best anyway as the Dreamcast was a newly released platform and game sales absolutely suffered.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe the solution is to give RE4ake a classic RE camera

they should remake 3.5 and give us the hookman back.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
This game has some goooood zombies. They're actually scary!

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

After the demo I immediately pre-ordered and bought the deluxe version. Not because I care about any of the extras but because I want to vote with my dollars.

Please make more RE series entries like this, Capcom

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

they should remake 3.5 and give us the hookman back.

I was more partial to the initial trailer with that Umbrella Corp blimp airship thing and the fog monster.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Rabid Snake posted:

I got five minutes in. Nothing scary had happened to that point, just walking around outside in broad daylight, then walking around in a spooky house with no enemies or jump scares. That was scary enough to make me stop playing and just play it "regular". I am so thankful I didn't continue 5 more minutes in VR because that's when poo poo started happening and I probably would have poo poo myself.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

holy poo poo, this rpd recruitment poster was in the demo game files, apparently, not 100% sure since its come from reddit but

lmao.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I cheated and used a trainer that paused the timer. Went through at my own pace and completed at 55 minutes. General spoilers about gameplay and zombie health follow After that run and getting used to how much it actually takes to make sure a zombie wont get back up I think I can safely say: You've probably got plenty of ammo. I was starting double stacks of pistol ammo at the end of my second run, only zombies I didn't bother to kill were the window zombies cause I had barricades. Cheapest way to keep zombies down was to wait until they were fully up and walking around (it seemed like short of blowing their heads apart with a shotgun, no damage was being done) then 3 fully aimed shots to the face/head to put them back on the ground a great deal of the time. Afterwards it seems pretty random how much more damage they can take. Least amount was nothing extra needed, most of the time 2-5 swipes with the knife at their head before they would go full rag doll and never get up again. At the far end I've ended up putting 4-5 extra bullets before they stopped getting back up. Non-aimed shots seemed to do less, but that could have also been because the zombies were waking up. The police lady at the top of the stairs to the second floor above the film room took 7 unaimed shots to the head before she went down. Some of that could've just been animations though.

I was disappointed to see some of the puzzles that were in the E3 demo were taken out. I wanted to solve them since I've never seen any footage of them being done, such as leon's desk.

I have a i5 3570 non-k (so just 3.4 GHz), 970 4GB, and 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 ram. Game was 30-40fps with large hitches occasionally at 2k resolution, very playable and my first run was with that. Butter smooth at 1080 with additonal textures. Speaking of which. I LOVE the graphics settings menu in this game. Really nice of them to tell you how much your card can take and tell you in real-time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Vikar Jerome posted:

holy poo poo, this rpd recruitment poster was in the demo game files, apparently, not 100% sure since its come from reddit but

lmao.

I'm loving cackling. This explains so much.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao.

It's so deliciously 90s

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao.

It's subtle references and other poo poo like this that makes me smile.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

i dont think it was ever ps1 planned. they wanted to do console exclusives back then, n64 was getting 0, dreamcast CV and ps1 RE3, at least back when it was just Last Escape and no jill.

then again, theres early concept art for the training facility from 0 that was planned as a disc expansion for the original re1 so who knows.

edit: might these be the screenshots? https://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/10/resident-evil-code-veronica-beta/ i remember see them too, with claire in her re2 outfit.

Holy gently caress. I actually recognize some of those screenshots from a magazine someone brought into school once. I was so pissed off as a dumb kid/Playstation fanboy that they were bringing CV to Dreamcast. I was also upset in a very rational way that RE2 was ported to the evil N64.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

codo27 posted:

Holy gently caress. I actually recognize some of those screenshots from a magazine someone brought into school once.

This one. Oh poo poo did I feel 20 years younger for a brief moment.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
RE2 demo was the poo poo. I caught a brief glimpse of a licker but didnt encounter one since the time ran out.

I dont think shooting zombies has ever felt this satisfying. I tore a guy's leg off and shot him in the head once...and the fucker played dead and bit me in the leg. Took another 2-3 headshots to put him down.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I was relieved that the remake still takes place in 1998. Also Leon definitely looks different now, but it reminds me of how Chris looks off in RE7.

And yeah that poster is amazing.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
This game seems a little dark, like tricky to navigate dark.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone get any recent Capcom games from GMG? Kinda curious how they handled keys for Monster Hunter World and the like. Some companies seem to let their keys up early on there so you can still preload but I remember a few times I've had to wait until much later in the day of release to finally get my key, I will definitely want to just get up the morning this comes out and play the absolute poo poo out of it all day. They have 25% off the game right now if anyone is still looking for a place to get it from.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

This one. Oh poo poo did I feel 20 years younger for a brief moment.

Oh wow, how the gently caress did I recognize that picture. I have literally only seen it once when I was like 12. That's crazy.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Anyone get any recent Capcom games from GMG? Kinda curious how they handled keys for Monster Hunter World and the like. Some companies seem to let their keys up early on there so you can still preload but I remember a few times I've had to wait until much later in the day of release to finally get my key, I will definitely want to just get up the morning this comes out and play the absolute poo poo out of it all day. They have 25% off the game right now if anyone is still looking for a place to get it from.

It's massively discounted on cdkeys.com, that's where I get all my PC games from. It's 31% off the standard version right now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

OldMemes posted:

This game seems a little dark, like tricky to navigate dark.

I think that’s what they are going for.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Broose posted:

I have a i5 3570 non-k (so just 3.4 GHz), 970 4GB, and 16GB 1600mhz DDR3 ram. Game was 30-40fps with large hitches occasionally at 2k resolution, very playable and my first run was with that. Butter smooth at 1080 with additonal textures. Speaking of which. I LOVE the graphics settings menu in this game. Really nice of them to tell you how much your card can take and tell you in real-time.

Seriously, it's crazy impressive.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao.

Sadly the number isn't legit.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rabid Snake posted:

My man Neo Rasa

You seem to be a Resident Evil connoisseur (your written article was great I've never played through RE0 is it worth it?

Thanks. :D

RE0 is a weird as hell game in some bad ways. I'm gonna lean towards no, but it actually has a really strong first act with the game set on a train up to when you first reach the mansion and are looking around. And then the plot and new villain starts happening...

One thing that stinks about it is you get a hookshot, and you use it like maybe two or three times in the entire game buuuuuuuuuuut the points where you use it are really far away from each other, and it takes up two blocks in your inventory, and instead of having item chests you can put down items wherever...which means you have to backtrack to pick them up wherever. And you have to manage two characters at the same time. Basically it has a lot of cool poo poo going on in it but you feel how they didn't have the time/$$$ to really polish it or really focus the story/atmosphere as much as they wanted beyond the opening.

Hell honestly if it's on sale on the PSN for like $4 or something I'd still give it a shot if you love pre-set camera angle survival horror stuff in general.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Oh wow, how the gently caress did I recognize that picture. I have literally only seen it once when I was like 12. That's crazy.

I first saw it in Computer & Video Games magazine (UK). It was when Sega announced the Dreamcast (by some codename) and CV was one of the lineup games. Grainy B&W shite in the mag but it's something I'll never forget because "holy poo poo ANOTHER RE game already?!"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Sorry Ace Combat and Kingdom Hearts, you're just gonna have to wait until next month. In for the deluxe version. Great demo; slavering for more.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Is the deluxe edition just costumes DLC?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the demo was nicely tense but they should really do something about leon's voice clips during combat, such as eliminate them completely

i'm trying to make the living dead become regular dead here and this guy's muttering "poo poo" like he's got a hangnail

also as someone who has never completed a pre-RE4 entry this inventory system is going to take some getting used to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d rather wait another generation or two before Capcom remakes 4.