Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

In other news :siren:I think a plot has just emerged in Vesperia! Things have started happening!:siren:

(I'm at the part where Don gets a letter)

And it only took 17 hours. Well, 19 according to the counter but I'm trying to subtract the times I've just left it idling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vesperia's better when there's no plot occurring imo.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Does the remaster have a good 100% guide like the original yet?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The PS3 version is like 10 years old, there must be one for it.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Caphi posted:

The PS3 version is like 10 years old, there must be one for it.

I'm sure there's a Japanese one at least but i'm lazy and don't want to have to Google translate a decent guide to not miss that loving spear again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BrightWing posted:

Does the remaster have a good 100% guide like the original yet?

Someone linked this sometime in here

https://ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10347292825.html

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

How are you supposed to throw Zagi off the boat?

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

OgretailFood posted:

He's kind of single-minded about trying to combo you, so if you stand with your back to the side of the ship, he'll often cyclone his stupid rear end off the boat for you. You can also try to have Rita or Karol hit them with their uppercut moves. I think it's... Phi and Dragon Upper?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

OgretailFood posted:

Fang Strike -> Crushing Eagle when you have him near the edge.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OgretailFood posted:

Bait him into doing that diagonal launching attack at you while you're standing at one of the edges and then just activate overlimit.

That's my strategy at least. It's way more freeing to just go for them for the Grade boosts and not worry about collecting all of them. Especially since you get that costume and apparently all the waitressing costumes from the Free DLC. I hate that minigame.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Ershalim posted:

He's kind of single-minded about trying to combo you, so if you stand with your back to the side of the ship, he'll often cyclone his stupid rear end off the boat for you. You can also try to have Rita or Karol hit them with their uppercut moves. I think it's... Phi and Dragon Upper?

RareAcumen posted:

Bait him into doing that diagonal launching attack at you while you're standing at one of the edges and then just activate overlimit.

That's my strategy at least. It's way more freeing to just go for them for the Grade boosts and not worry about collecting all of them. Especially since you get that costume and apparently all the waitressing costumes from the Free DLC. I hate that minigame.

ROFL Octopus posted:

Fang Strike -> Crushing Eagle when you have him near the edge.
Thanks, managed to clear it. Got a Game-Over trying to do the Cyclone Shot -> Overlimit method but ended up using Yuri with Fang Strike -> Crushing Eagle and threw him at his last 1000 HP. It was difficult since he moved around like a mosquito.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Flynn has a Chopin costume. Chopin from Eternal Sonata. I-

You have no idea how tempted I am to switch him into it right now while he's in the party for a bit and force the poor sap to prance around in that top hat all game.

I mean, it does work like that, right?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
It certainly does work like that! Though since Flynn's outfit actually changes throughout the story I can't remember if that affects him in all scenes.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It does? Aww, then I'm not doing it, I don't want to accidentally cover up any detail on my first playthrough.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Amppelix posted:

It does? Aww, then I'm not doing it, I don't want to accidentally cover up any detail on my first playthrough.

It won't be for long. Bear in mind that Flynn wasn't a full party member in the 360 version so if that's what you saw him in before then he's only got his basic knight outfit and the advanced one.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I've never played Vesperia and I only know so much through random bits I've seen over the years. Like I know Yuri and Flynn have a duel, that's all over everything, and I know who the final boss is, and I've seen a few videos of the bonus bosses, things like that. So I don't really know what Flynn's advanced outfit is and I would like to see it in-game whenever that is (don't tell me)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I've never played Vesperia and I only know so much through random bits I've seen over the years. Like I know Yuri and Flynn have a duel, that's all over everything, and I know who the final boss is, and I've seen a few videos of the bonus bosses, things like that. So I don't really know what Flynn's advanced outfit is and I would like to see it in-game whenever that is (don't tell me)

I'm doing a terrible job of keeping track who's fresh on the game and who just liked it and want to own and play it on the new system.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Amppelix posted:

It's the outfit he wears on the cover art.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Thx for answering a question I did not ask, fellow forums user!

I don't particularly care about this massive revelation, but I am a bit miffed that you directly ignored my direct request not to tell me things.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is Berseria good? I've never played a Tales game and its like 15 dollars on psn right now

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Nihilarian posted:

Is Berseria good? I've never played a Tales game and its like 15 dollars on psn right now

Yes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Karol sure is terrible.. but that Klonoa costume

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Nihilarian posted:

Yes, it's great. Berseria has a good story and the entire group of characters are all interesting. The combat is deep and fun. It's my favorite Tales game outside of Destiny DC and Graces imho.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Amppelix posted:

Why is there a strategy option for how the AI uses fatal strike, is there a reason to want to not use fatal strike?

If you let the Fatal Strike symbol fade out without triggering it, you can start a chain of Fatal Strikes to appear and disappear, and when you finally decide to pop it you get extra extra bonuses.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Karol becomes a decent backup healer later in the game. Having him, Estelle, and Raven on your team means nobody ever dies.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Harlock posted:

Karol sure is terrible.. but that Klonoa costume

I like Karol. His arc, while underdeveloped and overshadowed by Yuri (which could be said of the entire cast, I forgot just how much thunder Yuri steals from everybody around him) is pretty satisfying I feel. Particularly if you do side quest stuff that lets him come full circle by proving his bravery to Nan and getting some closure over Whitehorse's death.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sydin posted:

I like Karol. His arc, while underdeveloped and overshadowed by Yuri (which could be said of the entire cast, I forgot just how much thunder Yuri steals from everybody around him) is pretty satisfying I feel. Particularly if you do side quest stuff that lets him come full circle by proving his bravery to Nan and getting some closure over Whitehorse's death.

i dunno if they're complaining about karol as a character or just complaining because karol takes literally the entire first act to become viable for use in combat

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Karol is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTBObwbGwvs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh, yeah, that I absolutely agree with. He needs a ton of skills for his play style to really come into its own.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Speaking of costumes, Kunzite's Repede costume in Hearts R is the best in all of Tales

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Jesus, this reminds me of those Judith air juggle videos I used to watch. Too bad you can't really juggle bosses in the air forever.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Harlock posted:

Speaking of costumes, Kunzite's Repede costume in Hearts R is the best in all of Tales

I would say Repede's Asura costume beats it out

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It makes sense, since Nam Cobanda Isle exists but I still can't get over these high schooler costumes. Especially how popular and normal Rita's is. It's such a jarring change from her normal outfit.

I do wonder if Repede gets more costumes or not in this version besides the free stuff.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Amppelix posted:

I don't particularly care about this massive revelation, but I am a bit miffed that you directly ignored my direct request not to tell me things.

Even if you missed the cover, his portrait in menus and skits uses his final outfit lmao

Sydin posted:

Karol owns, plus he has the best arte names ever. Destruction Street!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Amppelix posted:

Aeris dies

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Nihilarian posted:

Berseria is without a doubt the best game in the franchise.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

RevolverDivider posted:

Berseria is without a doubt the best game in the franchise.

:yeah:

Its not even close tbh

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Eddain posted:

If you let the Fatal Strike symbol fade out without triggering it, you can start a chain of Fatal Strikes to appear and disappear, and when you finally decide to pop it you get extra extra bonuses.

Good grief. This is a perfect example of Tales Feature Bloat™.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I can't believe Namco couldn't get the original voice for Repede for the Definitive Edition. Moreso than the fact they dubbed a dog in the first place.
Also there were some lines for Yuri that start out in Troy Baker, then go to Grant George, then back to Troy Baker three lines all in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Repede is now Yuri’s wise cracking animal companion