Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Tolkien minority posted:

Weird I didn’t know I was posting in the “bad opinions on Friday the 13th” thread

Precisely why you’re posting in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FvJ
X
My rear end

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Pooka was pretty good. An acceptable entry into the Christmas Horror canon.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Coffee And Pie posted:

This is why you don’t order a $3 Jason mask on Wish

Oof.

Yeah, if you're gonna buy a cheap plastic Jason-styled Hockey Mask you should at least buy them from a distributor in whatever country you're in. That way you can at least be somewhat certain nothing's gonna happen in the three weeks it takes to arrive. At least it was only 3 bucks.

Coffee And Pie posted:

You're disrespecting Reggie the Reckless

If you disrespect Reggie you know what'll happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryKepaMME_U

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
What's everyone's favorite Friday the 13th...

...The Series episode?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

We may fight over the best Ft13 but we all agree 4 and 6 are essentially 2 of the top 3, though the order may change. I think that's a good thing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think 3 gets over looked but I think it’s high up because Jason uses his hockey mask to break a window to get into a locked car which is just lol

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

What's everyone's favorite Friday the 13th...

...The Series episode?

Th one with the scarecrow is pretty good.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Cold Skin is, uhhh...was Shape of Water fishhunk ever portrayed as having the intelligence of a four year old?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I think 4 is just a perfect culmination of the previous films and Jason is finally fully formed.

Also Jason's death scene is utterly fantastic. One of my favourite scenes ever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Windows 98 posted:

We may fight over the best Ft13 but we all agree 4 and 6 are essentially 2 of the top 3, though the order may change. I think that's a good thing.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.

FvJ
remake
X

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

It is illegal to put 6 that far down the list. You’re under arrest.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
is Monster Party any good?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Windows 98 posted:

It is illegal to put 6 that far down the list. You’re under arrest.

When a president does it, it's not illegal.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Has there ever been a release of A New Beginning that has all of the gore slashed by the censors restored?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Fart City posted:

Has there ever been a release of A New Beginning that has all of the gore slashed by the censors restored?

Sadly no. Which is a shame. I believe the materials might just be lost, or else we would've seen a release by now.

gently caress the late 80s/early 90s MPAA.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, I'm pretty sure with the exception of 4 and 7 all the missing gore is straight up gone.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

New Blood has a very solid premise but doesn't do enough with it and the gore feels watered down.

Both of these flaws drag down s film that has not only the coolest Jason but one of the best looking zombies in film history.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Or revenant if you wanna be anal because Jason isn't raised by an outside force but seemingly entirely by his own will.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I got to check out Summer Of '84 today and wow that movie did not end the way I had expected. I suggest it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

FreudianSlippers posted:

Or revenant if you wanna be anal because Jason isn't raised by an outside force but seemingly entirely by his own will.

Doesn't the movie pretty much paint it as Tina's powers bringing him back to life?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

There's no pretty much about it, that's the literal text of the film. Which is a much better way for him to come back to life than a loving lightning bolt. God I hate part 6.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I always took as him being already "alive" chained to the bottom of the lake and her just loosening his chains.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Lurdiak posted:

There's no pretty much about it, that's the literal text of the film. Which is a much better way for him to come back to life than a loving lightning bolt. God I hate part 6.

That's hilarious, you weenie. It's some straight up Hammer Horror poo poo.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
That he comes back to life because two idiots decide to look at his corpse comes straight from Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, where the same thing happens with the wolfman. It's great. I love the James Bond thing they do with Jason too.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Here's my F13 rankings, just going by my letterboxd ratings and not thinking about it at all:

1. New Beginning
2. Freddy vs. Jason
3. Friday the 13th
4. Friday the 13th Part 2
5. Friday the 13th Part 3
6. Final Chapter
7. New Blood
8. Jason Goes To Hell
9. Jason Lives
10. Jason Takes Manhattan
11. Jason X
12. 2009 remake

I'm sorry if this is bad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Very bad oof

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

7 is the best.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think Part 3 is honestly my least favorite of them. It's just such a mean spirited film. It's also quite ugly compared to 1 and 2.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

married but discreet posted:

Cold Skin is, uhhh...was Shape of Water fishhunk ever portrayed as having the intelligence of a four year old?

Kind of the opposite, IIRC.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Everyone knows lightening bolts bring monsters to life, what are you talking about.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

F13 honestly probably has the strongest consistency in terms of general enjoyment out of all of the horror icon franchises. Even the worst entries all have their own spice; either due to the gore effects, character actors, or just flat-out bizarre choices made. They don't ever really get as tedious as later NOES entries do, and Halloween is kind of its own Frankenstein's monster of specific tonally-different eras.

Like watch all F13 movies. The one you hate the most is still better than a lot of the other crap out there.

I mean have you seen the latter Hellraiser sequels?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Some bizarre Friday the 13th takes in here. 6 is best, and most of them are barely watchable, this is canon.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Fart City posted:

F13 honestly probably has the strongest consistency in terms of general enjoyment out of all of the horror icon franchises. Even the worst entries all have their own spice; either due to the gore effects, character actors, or just flat-out bizarre choices made. They don't ever really get as tedious as later NOES entries do, and Halloween is kind of its own Frankenstein's monster of specific tonally-different eras.

Like watch all F13 movies. The one you hate the most is still better than a lot of the other crap out there.

Even the F13 remake is a hell of lot better than most horror remakes from its generation. It even has its own spice of having a scary and brutal Jason again that was more grounded in realism (no cyborg or supernatural stuff).

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Never cared for 4 and 6. I definitely think 5 is the worst though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The worst is 8. It’s abysmal. You can YouTube the New York scene and he head punch. Don’t loving watch it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Only one episode in but I am actually digging this Purge series.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Coffee And Pie posted:

The remake has PNP (perfect nipple placement)

One of the best pairs in all horror.

Need some goon help with a film again, came out a couple years back and I think I posted about it and maybe even asked about it after (having forgotten the name). I can't remember. Anyway, the premise is a mother and son move into a new house and spooky poo poo starts happening as par for the course. I think it comes to the point where someone breaks in to rob or kill them and the creepy haunts start happening to them. But the twist is the mother and son are aliens/otherworldly being and that the hauntings are their powers at play. I think the son might not be fully in control of his or something. I remember at the end they move and the mother goes "Hopefully this next house won't be that bad." as they drive by a sign that says "Welcome to Amityville." I remember the film taking place around a lot of pine trees, definitely some north west small down type deal.

I remember being kinda lukewarm about the film but I liked the premise since it explained the haunts in a way I never saw before. I want to watch it again but all my searches come up empty, I'm curious if I'll enjoy the film more now.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Burkion posted:

And the RemakeReboot12Whatever is a blast with some good back to basics stuff and some new meanness. Also gratuitous nudity out the rear end

Even with the nudity in the background, I can't get past the "nerd" character explaining how GPS works during the opening sequences. I don't care what you are or aren't wearing in the background, that explanation is so wrong it makes me grind my teeth, can't they look this up on Wikipedia instead of making it up? That's all I can remember about the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Just watched Green Inferno, baffled by the choice to have both diagetic and soundtrack drums in one scene and NOT have them be in sync. Why?

Also the whole time I was just thinking Eli Roth should just get a print of Cannibal Holocaust and gently caress it, in private, rather than subject me to his clumsy remake

Fart City posted:

I will go to my grave declaring Hellraiser 7 to be not just the best Hellraiser, but a good movie

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 13, 2019