Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Somberero's General Mafia Rules

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, I will grant a free vig to be used by the player that posts the most targetted at you. This goes through any and all protection.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to an Obs doc if you want to chat poo poo.
5. Feel free to post after the hammer as nights are open.
6. Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want. However, scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims. Additionally, whilst I try to retain flavour justification for many abilities, they will not always match expectations.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. If you are affected by a Day Action, do not post under any circumstances until we post the result of the Action. Everyone else is good to keep going

mhm mhm yes reasonable, reasonable, except

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what the

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
oooh aaaah

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The suspense is killing me

I’m almost done pooping post the next post pera

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
you know I somehow doubt that scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims, given my role pm, and that error means the entire rules list is invalid, I think

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

you know I somehow doubt that scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims, given my role pm, and that error means the entire rules list is invalid, I think

Look at this scum getting a role PM instead of the rest of us chumps who just got a google doc link.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

GeneX posted:

pera was late to class by 5 minutes so we can all go home.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can imagine pera telling Nat to mix up google docs and role pms and handing out role info through discord just to gently caress with everyone

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what is summoned skull...

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

GeneX posted:

I mean, they already were, see this post, bold emphasis mine:

peramene posted:

how adorable

your rules are fictions whispered to an unwitting band of noble forums users and I'll not stand for it

I have successfully targeted the game. All restraints are suspended.

Just imagine the sort of harm I could do, the sort of hilarious chaos that might ensue, if I were to make a new rule every day and every night based entirely on my own whimsical flights of fancy.

That sounds much more interesting to me.

Of course I might be reading too much into it, but I'm pretty sure all those rules are null and void.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

SolusLunes posted:

well, first bold emphasis, anyway. second bold emphasis is pera's.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

pera was late to class by 5 minutes so we can all go home.

not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure this is a universal law

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think suspended restraints is probably just innuendo.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think suspended restraints is probably just innuendo.

only probably?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Xad posted:

only probably?

It could be a double entendre.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It could be a double entendre.

double entendrenuendo reach around

SolusLunes posted:

Of course I might be reading too much into it, but I'm pretty sure all those rules are null and void.

:)

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
sure would be a shame if you nerds managed to catch a scum before i brought this very slow moving hammer down

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if the rules are null and void why hasn't anyone sent me a pm asking to be my friend

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Snooze Cruise posted:

if the rules are null and void why hasn't anyone sent me a pm asking to be my friend

because we are already friends

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if the rules are null why haen't i done anything elobrate and crazy to take advantage of the fact

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if the rules are null why haven't i been added to the spectator chat in the discord

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Calvinball Mafia

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

Calvinball Mafia

I'm still sad I missed out on that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

Let’s find out

##madness Solus

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Kashuno posted:

Let’s find out

##madness Solus

Please don't fake day actions.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Natural 20 posted:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Natural 20 posted:

Kashuno, fool-aligned fool, has embarrassed themselves.

The day continues.

Dang, that's harsh.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

what are you talking about

that was hilarious

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
0) hey kids it's your ol pal peramene

By manipulating the chaotic energy radiating from the conclusion of One Day Challenge Game, I harness the pera yes vote of tonight to retroactively effective immediately, revoke my day 1 limitations.

All players enjoy unlimited 'pera yes' and 'pera no' charges. In kind, I will propose as many rules as I see fit beginning with the below vox populi suggestions. Majority rules, submission of neither yes nor no is abstaining. You needn't comment on every rule, however...

At least one proposal will pass and become an element of your shattered reality. KILL anyone who attempts to limit my power in this instance and earn my favor.

1) Just Humming Along

Effective at sunset, a random player (Mr. Humalong receives a complimentary second entry into the sweepstakes) will become 3P pera-aligned, my agent on this earth. He will enjoy an entirely brand new role PM of my own creation representing his discovery of an ancient universal singularity.(edited)

2) Soluble in Water

Effective at sunrise, forums user SolusLunes will begin a game of post-restriction hot potato. In summary - he will begin with a post-restriction, and regardless of what happens otherwise, he will assign that post-restriction to someone else. An additional post restriction will be added. The entirety of the potato must be obeyed to avoid my wrath.

3) No Seriously, Day 1 was Bullshit

I propose the following modifications to Somber's General Rules --

1. Stop being poo poo to each other.
2. If your post count and content and intent and loyalty to your wincon(s) do not pass my personal muster, I will slip a free vig to be used in secret against you into the hands of another player. Or two. This goes through any and all protection that does not originate with me.
3. Don't edit your posts more than five minutes after they've been made.
4. Dead players do not truly die until they accept the invitation to Nat's little skybox observer channel. Souls neither dead nor alive may post up to five times per day with single emoticon posts and may not quote other players.
5. Nights are open.
6. Flavour is everything. I am the flavour. Scum are backed by ludicrous fakeclaims, including your fakeclaims. I am the justification for flavour-based abilities and all that crap
7. No replacements.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from beyond the thread, including: your role pm, PMs with Nat and myself, whispers we have shared before bedtime, other games or other threads, and/or your birth certificate. This applies to all spheres of the game.
9. Don't fake day actions unless it's really, really funny.
10. [Most] day actions only take effect after Nat has seen them. They should be disregarded until then. Everyone else is good to keep going.

4) gently caress It, You Do It Then

Entirely up to my own whim and fancy, I may choose one player-suggested rule and bless it with immediate canonicity subject to no vote or discussion of any kind.

this is my thread now

all shall love me and despair

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ok

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
not

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That’s a long post I’m not gonna read

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I approve of all of these.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##pera yes

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

see and you people were loving worried

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh noooooooo will we not have any pera crazy rule fun???????

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

oh noooooooo will we not have any pera crazy rule fun???????

Don't be an rear end.

Also don't act like any of these are pro-town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Woooo I can't wait to roll pera aligned.

Nothing like vaguely worded posting goals with highly subjective hurdles and secret vigs distributed to up posting quality.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

peramene posted:

0) hey kids it's your ol pal peramene

By manipulating the chaotic energy radiating from the conclusion of One Day Challenge Game, I harness the pera yes vote of tonight to retroactively effective immediately, revoke my day 1 limitations.

All players enjoy unlimited 'pera yes' and 'pera no' charges. In kind, I will propose as many rules as I see fit beginning with the below vox populi suggestions. Majority rules, submission of neither yes nor no is abstaining. You needn't comment on every rule, however...

At least one proposal will pass and become an element of your shattered reality. KILL anyone who attempts to limit my power in this instance and earn my favor.

I will vote ##pera No! to just this one because I don't even understand how this is supposed to work

is this rule a prerequisite to being able to spam rules at all times? is it a rule to let her make the rest of the rules in that post and do this whole unlimited-vote thing in the first place? idgi so I'm just gonna vote no to try and gently caress things up and see what happens, cause that actually seems more fun than just sitting back and throwing my hands up

and where's my invincibility, pera

you really want this game to drag out with even the "team fun" people like Kash not even being bothered to pay attention? or do you want to keep around the one person who's actually tried tell you what you can and can't do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I will vote ##pera No! to just this one because I don't even understand how this is supposed to work

is this rule a prerequisite to being able to spam rules at all times? is it a rule to let her make the rest of the rules in that post and do this whole unlimited-vote thing in the first place? idgi so I'm just gonna vote no to try and gently caress things up and see what happens, cause that actually seems more fun than just sitting back and throwing my hands up

and where's my invincibility, pera

you really want this game to drag out with even the "team fun" people like Kash not even being bothered to pay attention? or do you want to keep around the one person who's actually tried tell you what you can and can't do?

Agreed