Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Guessing Disney wants to monetize the 4K discs or something

Make sure y’all watch all that poo poo sooner than later. I’m sure once Disney drops its streaming service it’ll all get pulled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

No dogs this time. First loss at home, also saw a dude take an accidental elbow to the face.

album:https://imgur.com/a/LzKc8d7

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Did the defender from San Diego get beat down so he had two black eyes too?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

I like your how depth of field brought the ELITE logo into stark contrast while slightly fuzzing out everyone else. This pic would make for a nice advertising image.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
oh my god finally there's snow on the ground

i legit got sad like last week thinking 'there's not going to be any snow this year at all'

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Deathy McDeath posted:

I like your how depth of field brought the ELITE logo into stark contrast while slightly fuzzing out everyone else. This pic would make for a nice advertising image.

Thanks!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

They removed the roof from the old Milwaukee Bucks arena with explosive demolition this morning, I live not far away so I decided to walk on over:

:krad:

What it looked like before:

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 13, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://m.imgur.com/gGt6RRp?r

Yeah no thx

(Dude was fine I guess, some wildlife photographer)

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

https://m.imgur.com/gGt6RRp?r

Yeah no thx

(Dude was fine I guess, some wildlife photographer)

https://www.marlinfirearms.com/lever-action/model-1895-big-bore/model-1895-trapper

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I'm about to have dinner at a Golden Corral, and there are not one but two pickups in the parking lot with moto graphics on the back windows.

Pray for me.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

What about ARMY WIFE HARDEST JOB IN THE MILITARY along with rank decals w/ those little family stickers next to it?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’ve never been to a Golden Corral, not sure they’re around here. I see a lot of memes though

Is it just a cesspool of white trash?

We have Souplantation and that place is love.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Does anyone remember Old Country Buffet? Do those still exist?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’ve never been to a Golden Corral, not sure they’re around here. I see a lot of memes though

Is it just a cesspool of white trash?

We have Souplantation and that place is love.

This is in Maple Grove MN, and I've seen more cowboy hats here then I have in the last 12 months.

They can't even be bothered to serve clean plates, customers are holding them up to the light and inspecting them.

And I'm questioning what animal the 'prime rib' came from.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

DoktorLoken posted:

I am always surprised to see a billboard for Pondarosa, cannot imagine how they started open

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tbh I like a good cheap buffet gorge every half decade or so

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m always down for a Chinese buffet

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m always down for a Chinese buffet

Chinese buffet is like, three tiers above any other kind of buffet.

And Golden Corral is hot garbage why would anyone come here voluntarily.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I had my first frog legs at a Chinese buffet in Waynesboro, VA

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

Yeah we've got a couple in town.

You want a people watching experience around here, make a bee line for the Shady Maple Smorgasbord.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/mitchprothero/status/1083842131830157313

https://twitter.com/mitchprothero/status/1083864846305820677?s=20

:lol:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Somebody's never seen The Raspberry Reich.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

YALL THRONES APRIL 14

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I've eaten at golden Corral before. There's a reason that Jeff Foxworthy is a sponsor for it.

The trashiest of trash eats there. I was not proud of when I dined in such an area, and my body did not appreciate putting said garbage inside of it... And I'm not like purist of food people. I eat what I consider to be somewhat on the spectrum of healthy but I am no means a vegan or elitist when it comes to food.

But holy poo poo, it wrecked my insides. The food is made of cardboard, simple sugars and rat meat. That poo poo hurt me and I don't think I'll ever recover from the bowel movements that followed.

gently caress you Golden Corral.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've had golden corral twice in my life. Once on the way to boot on the van ride from MEPS. Any pain suffered was followed immediately by salt peter and bland poo poo. The second was before deployment. It was not pleasant.

I ate at waffle house first thing after deployment, coming home from korea, after boot, ETS, etc. Love that slop.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Waffle House is genuinely good food. It’s not like you can’t see them cracking eggs right in front of you.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nice and hot piss posted:

I've eaten at golden Corral before. There's a reason that Jeff Foxworthy is a sponsor for it.

The trashiest of trash eats there. I was not proud of when I dined in such an area, and my body did not appreciate putting said garbage inside of it... And I'm not like purist of food people. I eat what I consider to be somewhat on the spectrum of healthy but I am no means a vegan or elitist when it comes to food.

But holy poo poo, it wrecked my insides. The food is made of cardboard, simple sugars and rat meat. That poo poo hurt me and I don't think I'll ever recover from the bowel movements that followed.

gently caress you Golden Corral.

The fried chicken was somehow dry and too greasy at the same time.

How?!

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Lightroom will need a lot of ram and a decent CPU -- 8 gb at the least

Just checked the specs on this computer - Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50Ghz, 16gb RAM. It's been running Lightroom well enough (outside of the enormous 80mp hi-res shots that my Olympus can take), but enough time has passed that I was curious about upgrades.

It's nice having a desktop and upgrades being readily accessible and not having to upgrade laptops every few years.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

Waffle House is genuinely good food. It’s not like you can’t see them cracking eggs right in front of you.

I know. And I'm so glad they're out here in Colorado. It's constantly poo poo on as a southern thing but it's good food, awesome if you're hammered.

I don't care for IHOP. Omelets are okay, but it's more garbage joint than a Denny's.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I know. And I'm so glad they're out here in Colorado. It's constantly poo poo on as a southern thing but it's good food, awesome if you're hammered.

I don't care for IHOP. Omelets are okay, but it's more garbage joint than a Denny's.

I wish Illinois/Wisconsin had Waffle House. One of the first things I visit anytime I'm in an area that has them.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

DoktorLoken posted:

First and only time I went to one was in 2010 in SC on a drive to Chapel Hill for a wedding. Shoveled obscene amounts of southern food into my facehole before we hit the road again. Our ride broke down 20 minutes later, and we hitchhiked our way to some tiny municipal airport that had rentals in bumfuck nowhere.

Still not sure if our consumption may have been related to the car going "lol, gently caress this, I'm out".

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Tally another vote for Waffle House. Just cooking the food to order puts it ahead of most other chain restaurants, and on top of that it's cheap and tasty.

e: and this is an odd thing to observe about a restaurant with thousands of locations, but the staff are consistently pretty chipper. No idea why that would be.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 14, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad thing about Waffle House

Definitely a regional thing, don’t think we have any :/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

e: and this is an odd thing to observe about a restaurant with thousands of locations, but the staff are consistently pretty chipper. No idea why that would be.

You can't just buy a waffle house franchise. You have to work your time in the company before they offer it to you. Part of that makes an owner easier on his staff, because he had to do all the dirty work too, at one point. They also pay a little better than most places.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Holy gently caress

I just got to see Gordon loving Lightfoot on stage for what might be the last time ever

What a goddamn treat that was.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

MA-Horus posted:

Holy gently caress

I just got to see Gordon loving Lightfoot on stage for what might be the last time ever

That owns, definitely an opportunity to not pass up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
pissssssssssssssssss

i have to get a professional headshot done

wish they would just give me a real headshot

i've become everything i hate

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Holy gently caress

My parents saw him in the late 70s. He was drunk, stumbling around the stage, and not finishing songs. They weren't real happy about that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
there's virtually no breakfast places near me any longer that aren't IHOP/Denny's and thats pretty sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Proud Christian Mom posted:

there's virtually no breakfast places near me any longer that aren't IHOP/Denny's and thats pretty sad

I got not one but two Original Pancake Houses near me, and I thank God for that.