Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the roster does feel thin on main eventers. cobb would probably make the best champion right now so roh being roh they'll get the belt on him in autumn of 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the roster does feel thin on main eventers. cobb would probably make the best champion right now so roh being roh they'll get the belt on him in autumn of 2020.

they've been thin on top for a while now, and were mostly skating by with the Bucks and Addiction being able to bust something out to hide it

this may be a problem now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Last night's show was pretty bad tbh.

- Haskins was stuck in a crap match with BCB.
- Flip looked like he hosed up his leg pretty good.
- Luchasaurus was kinda cool at first because it was a big dude doing flippy poo poo but he sucks pretty bad. And Delirious needs to stop working matches (or booking) because he almost killed TK O'Ryan.
- The Kingdom gimmick is really stale at this point. Taven and O'Ryan actually look pretty good these days but they're both kinda plateauing in this and Vinny sucks rear end.
- Bandido and PJ Black was really botchy. PJ Black does cool poo poo and looks smooth but he's a charisma void.
- WOH match only got over because two women were doing ridiculous spots on a nothing show. It was fine for what it was but they're killing themselves for absolutely no reason on this show.
- Lethal-Castle was quite good but there was just something off about it. It's hard to explain. It just felt like another match instead of a ROH Title Match.
- All throughout the night the tone of the commentary was a bunch of dudes just loving off and it made me care about the show less. Riccaboni is real good but Colt, Caprice and Kenny King were just abysmal.

The good:
- Eli Isom is really tremendous for how short of a time he's been wrestling.
- Juice/Finlay and Best Friends looked a league above everyone else.
- The Cobb-Shane Taylor TV title feud has me interested. Taylor is kinda underrated but he still needs to keep dropping more weight.
- Villain Enterprises is a rad stable.

They still need a few more signings to fill out the roster and they need to give more guys opportunities to climb the card as a singles worker. It's not hopeless as there's definitely some good talent here, but it's gonna be a slog for a few months until they really figure everything out. They'd benefit a lot from someone like Angelico right now. They need a strong identifiable babyface.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

BCB owns but apparently only in Japan, he should go to NJPW or AJPW where he can brawl with other big strong boys instead of the increasingly weedy ROH roster.

Does not shock me that FinJuice and Best Friends were the best thing on the show. Best Friends really need to win titles and keep em this year.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BCB is at his best in tags or multi-mans where he can take breaks.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pretty sure Flip just legit hosed up his knee

Better come back as BackRake Gordon and play a super safe heelin style.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I only really watch ROH every now and then and mostly to watch best friends but i watched the last one and it was ok, I feel like jay lethal isn't a good champion as the lethal injection is dumb and he has a perpetually worried look on his face all the time

dalton castle is the best though so i hope he gets his title back when he's fully mended

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PJ Black? Charisma void? what?

Dude jumps off of perfectly good cliffs for his own amusement.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Is he still the Darewolf

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

PJ Black? Charisma void? what?

Dude jumps off of perfectly good cliffs for his own amusement.

Yes but it’s like emotionless. I dunno maybe it’s just me

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yes but it’s like emotionless. I dunno maybe it’s just me

Is it something that you just can't put your finger on?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I’m the darewolf

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/update-chris-sabin-and-flip-gordons-knee-injuries

quote:

It is believed that Sabin suffered a torn ACL in his right knee during a six-man mayhem match at the international television taping in Atlanta Saturday night. Sabin began clutching his knee after executing a super hurricanrana on Gordon. He was unable to finish the match and was helped to the back.

Gordon injured his right knee during his match against Tracy Williams at Honor Reigns Supreme in Concord, N.C., on Sunday. It is believed he will be out of action a minimum of four weeks with a possible MCL sprain. Gordon came up limping after hitting a running dropkick in the corner. He tried to continue, but his knee gave out and the referee stopped the match. Gordon was helped to the back.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oldskool posted:

does ROH have a sweetheart deal with a beltmaker? Taven's Big Purple Belt is like the fourth knockoff "Real" "World's" "Championship" title belt ROH has run with in the last couple years. Or is it yet another repurpose of Briscoe's?

I don't know, but those belts are ugly as gently caress

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Chris Sabin tore his ACL. Flip Gordon sprained his MCL.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/update-chris-sabin-and-flip-gordons-knee-injuries

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Beaten to the scoopz already. You're slipping bro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least the second time Sabin's torn this ACL (tore the other one once previously too). Turns 37 in three weeks, gotta wonder how much more of the business he can take

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Beaten to the scoopz already. You're slipping bro

Opps.

Flip's injury is likely much worse than stated.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea, Flip's didn't look like a strain to me. He couldn't walk on his own.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe these nerds will learn how to dropdown tackle leap frog get it again like real professionals

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

rovert posted:

Opps.

Flip's injury is likely much worse than stated.

Yeah "possible MCL sprain" means "needs to get an MRI" which is not good. Could be a sprain, partial tear, or full tear.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

maybe these nerds will learn how to dropdown tackle leap frog get it again like real professionals

I'd guess Flip's was ready to go out at any minute because it seemed to tear or whatever when he jumped on a dropkick in the corner.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1085280641418186753?s=19

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey RoH, if you'd been willing to sink this much money and effort into your talent, like, a year ago, you probably wouldn't be looking at getting squeezed out right now!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
ROH keeps reaching record buzz, how long can they keep this up??

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rush is off the MLW WM weekend shows so no Park vs Rush.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
gently caress ROH

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

exploded mummy posted:

gently caress ROH

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
lol this loving company has rush, bandido and jeff cobb but they'll still gently caress it up as long as they have delirious booking

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

told y'all not to trust the mlw stink. or i told other assorted groups of people in dms and discords, i can't recall specifically

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH suddenly remembering they have a partnership with CMLL while Fantasticamania is happening is exactly how organized this company is.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

ROH suddenly remembering they have a partnership with CMLL while Fantasticamania is happening is exactly how organized this company is.

I'm think the reading of this Exclusive contract sounds like ROH signed him away from CMLL as well but who knows.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

I'm think the reading of this Exclusive contract sounds like ROH signed him away from CMLL as well but who knows.

Very doubtful. They probably got his exclusive US booking rights. CMLL lets their guys essentially work freelance as long as the bookings come through/coordinate with the CMLL Office. They let their guys work pretty much any promotion as long as they aren't AAA affiliated (LU, Impact).

This is in contrast to Penta and Fenix who are total freelancers which is why they can work Impact, MLW, AAA, CMLL, etc.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sweet, who wanted to see Park/Rush when we can see Rush against Matt Taven instead

exploded mummy posted:

gently caress ROH

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Very doubtful. They probably got his exclusive US booking rights. CMLL lets their guys essentially work freelance as long as the bookings come through/coordinate with the CMLL Office. They let their guys work pretty much any promotion as long as they aren't AAA affiliated (LU, Impact).

This is in contrast to Penta and Fenix who are total freelancers which is why they can work Impact, MLW, AAA, CMLL, etc.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1085315235194552321

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

gently caress ROH

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Wow Rush could have changed to freelance and just never announced it. It'd explain why he's not on the Fantásticamania tour

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rush fears Tanahashi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So now it falls upon Delirious to make the mask vs hair match between Rush and LA Park.

Oh dear oh dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

CMLL put out a statement saying Rush is still part of CMLL. I read Rush's statement and lucha blog may have mistranslated it. Rush called ROH his "casa nueva" which means new house and referred to CMLL as "hogar" which is literally "hearth" and has connotations of comfort and security so it can be translated more as "home".

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1085305577658413056?s=19

Rush's response which is probably him just working. He says it's not just a talent exchange, talks about going to ROH to stick around and referred as his new house but CMLL as his new home.

https://twitter.com/rushtoroblanco/status/1085314182067691525?s=19

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 16, 2019