Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

codo27 posted:

Remember the Super Ridiculous Code?
Which one was this? I only remember two codes that were beyond the usual scope of "all items in box" and "infinite health".

There was a code which would let you fumble around and edit your inventory to contain anything (including placeholder/cut items), and there was also a code which turned every weapon full-automatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/re_games/status/1084842582692319232?s=12

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Given how relatively underpowered Leon is in this game, I hope they take the opportunity to make Hunk feel extra badass. Also, how dope would it be if they modeled zombies taking bites out of Tofu?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
The teaser had Tofu with little bite marks in him. So maybe?

BTW, the game has a 26% off discount on greenmangaming still. Just preordered the deluxe edition yesterday.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Which one was this? I only remember two codes that were beyond the usual scope of "all items in box" and "infinite health".

There was a code which would let you fumble around and edit your inventory to contain anything (including placeholder/cut items), and there was also a code which turned every weapon full-automatic.

I didn't know what the Super Ridiculous code was for either. Until a friend, a RE noob came over and tried it. Started fiddling with the buttons, and found that if you held all the L and R buttons, your character would kind of implode and float up off the screen a la Poochie.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

codo27 posted:

My buddy, upon renting a GC and trying RE4, played it for about 5 minutes, then was like yep, brought it all back and bought the game and system.
This is a beautiful story.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

It's sad that seeing the words "unlockable" and "included at launch" makes me so relieved in 2019 lol. It sounds like there will be a decent amount of unlockable stuff between this and the classic costumes. I'm hoping for some more secrets and I surmise there are, given the amounts of spoiler-hidden text in this thread that I haven't dared touch.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
One thing I can say for this game is that the guns have the most satisfying "pop" of anything I have played since maybe Last of Us or RE4. Each shot feels weighty and significant and I am really excited to have a full game of this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

One thing I can say for this game is that the guns have the most satisfying "pop" of anything I have played since maybe Last of Us or RE4. Each shot feels weighty and significant and I am really excited to have a full game of this.

Agree. I hope the reload animations are just as good. RE4 still kills it in that department.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I think what feels most impressive to me is this is easily as good a remake as RE1 on GC. Everything feels familiar and yet fresh. RE7 was a great return to form after 5 and 6 went too far into ludicrous action but so far this literally feels like the best the series has ever been.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Agree. I hope the reload animations are just as good. RE4 still kills it in that department.

Still my favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr6SmKs1UWA

Runner-up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L39odqwqcTs

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Handgun sounds were underwhelming imo but no one really captures how loud those fuckers are in a inclosed space so I’m just being picky

My friend has a VP70 and good god what a terrible gun. What was Leon thinking?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DF just dropped their platform comparison video for the demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpbR5rceUhw

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not a gun person does RE4 have like realistic reload animations or do they just look cool

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The Broken Butterfly is style more than anything. Most break-top revolvers have a rod that auto-eject the casings when you pop it open. Was primarily a cavalry gun.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

acksplode posted:

Huh. Ok so I guess I ran it for no reason with dx12. But man with max texture quality the game looked amazing and I got no drops on 1440p.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Has anyone figured out if letting the crosshair tighten before firing increases shot damage? It seemed like it did, but I wasn't sure. (talking about the RE2 remake demo)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not a gun person does RE4 have like realistic reload animations or do they just look cool

They just look and especially sound cool. The red9 animation is legendary

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

MMF Freeway posted:

They just look and especially sound cool. The red9 animation is legendary

I got you, fam:

E: God I can hear each individual soundclip of that reload animation in my head. Red 9 for life.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DeadButDelicious posted:

I got you, fam:

E: God I can hear each individual soundclip of that reload animation in my head. Red 9 for life.

A: This is rad, just like I remembered it.

B: 14 bullets > *crams entire clip into gun* > 15 bullets. :allears:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Help Im Alive posted:

4 resident evil

to this day, my dad still refuses to call it anything but "4 RESIDENT ... EVIL" including the gravelly voice and dramatic pause, even mid-conversation because it drives my sister crazy and he thinks it's hilarious

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress I need to go and play Resident Evil 4 again now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Help Im Alive posted:

Both. A few aren’t that realistic but most are.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

gently caress I need to go and play Resident Evil 4 again now.

:yeah:

I hope we don’t have to wait too long for the Switch port.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Handgun sounds were underwhelming imo but no one really captures how loud those fuckers are in a inclosed space so I’m just being picky

My friend has a VP70 and good god what a terrible gun. What was Leon thinking?
This (even if a transferable ones is insanely, insanely expensive like 22K according to a google search) probably made it seem cooler...also I think I read it was the Marines sidearm in Aliens. At least those are good excuses for your friend. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEMTx5MNqk4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6yy1g1jyk

CaptainViolence posted:

to this day, my dad still refuses to call it anything but "4 RESIDENT ... EVIL" including the gravelly voice and dramatic pause, even mid-conversation because it drives my sister crazy and he thinks it's hilarious

:dadjoke:

That said in terms of dad jokes you have to suffer through, the fact that it's RE related is pretty nice.

Help Im Alive posted:

It varies, some are Frankenweapons and some are real ones, but apparently a lot vary in terms of reload animations. I think the slide doesn't even move in one of the guns in RE7 iirc. In RE4 the FN5.7 is chamber in 9mm oddly.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Resident_Evil

Anyway that link should answer any, is the gun like it is in real life, questions.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 14, 2019

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

So the area with the shower room... looks like there was a fight involving something very big and very strong. Evidence of Jill escaping the Nemesis maybe?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

acksplode posted:

video just reminded me that the RE in RE engine isnt resident evil, its reach for the moon engine. biggest RE plot twist to date.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
is there a particular significance to the first letters R and E being red in the title?

e:oh, REmake

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rinkles posted:

is there a particular significance to the first letters R and E being red in the title?

Resident Evil is abbreviated as RE.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is the RE 3 remake confirmed, or is everyone just blowing smoke? I keep seeing posts all over the place about it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Is the RE 3 remake confirmed, or is everyone just blowing smoke? I keep seeing posts all over the place about it

they mentioned they'd like to and there's strong evidence from a trusted insider "dusk golem" from resetera, who knew alot about remake2 production, that they've already started work on it.

speaking of remake3, i noticed things in the remake2 demo the bathroom with the steam coming out, looks like SOME BIG BOY smashed through there, maybe a day before? hmm? sure looks like a lot of big boy damage when mr.x hasnt even shown up yet.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

modders dont gently caress around these days, do they.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8gLHv97m1I

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

video just reminded me that the RE in RE engine isnt resident evil, its reach for the moon engine. biggest RE plot twist to date.

"reach for the moon" seems apt since I'd say this engine that's fueling all their new poo poo is extremely good and RE2/7/DMCV are easily the best looking Capcom games to date.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

if RE2 sells well then I have to assume RE3 is going to be fasttracked into production if it isn't already. It'd be interesting to see if they prioritize R3make or RE8 as the next in the series.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DLC Inc posted:

"reach for the moon" seems apt since I'd say this engine that's fueling all their new poo poo is extremely good and RE2/7/DMCV are easily the best looking Capcom games to date.
I'd say, that engine is insanely good in terms of being scaleable, with only the Fox Engine being another one I can think of.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

if RE2 sells well then I have to assume RE3 is going to be fasttracked into production if it isn't already. It'd be interesting to see if they prioritize R3make or RE8 as the next in the series.

from what i've heard theres 3 different resident evil teams, one for remake2, one for presumably 8 and another working on something else people think might be rev3. they also want to be releasing a new resident evil game every year so who knows what we'll get.

remake2 was aiming for september/october release last year originally, which would have been perfect for anniversary reasons but oh well.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I wonder if 8 will be first person again. I'd be down with another first person game and 3rd person remakes. I know it's probably not super necessary, but a remake of 4 with these graphics and an updated more responsive Leon would be worth $150 to me.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

So I caved in and played the demo.

Holy poo poo, this is beautiful. Disgustingly so.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

from what i've heard theres 3 different resident evil teams, one for remake2, one for presumably 8 and another working on something else people think might be rev3. they also want to be releasing a new resident evil game every year so who knows what we'll get.

remake2 was aiming for september/october release last year originally, which would have been perfect for anniversary reasons but oh well.

The team being split into future games/remakes of classics is a good way to cater to everyone while showing off your beefy new engine so that's cool. I honestly impressed they had the talent to do 7/2 concurrently. Revelations always felt like cheap budget stuff that feels and looks nothing like any of their games but then again, Rev2 came out before RE Engine was finished so maybe it'll be different if Rev3 is a thing. I'd bet anything Rebecca Chambers comes back for that.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I'd say, that engine is insanely good in terms of being scaleable, with only the Fox Engine being another one I can think of.

This reminds me of FOX Engine so much in terms of the animation and overall realism in the environments. Unlike that engine which got iced forever, it'll be cool to see Capcom continuously use this for all their cool poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The most important part of the engine is that Leon Kennedy's hair is both bouncing and behaving

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Barudak posted:

The most important part of the engine is that Leon Kennedy's hair is both bouncing and behaving

His hair is gorgeous. He is gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
dude's got serious zoolander lips