Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I never thought I'd say 'Oh, I'm glad the pedophile only has a giant child-destroying-machine', but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm actually very surprised we are not betrayed yet.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Ultra Despair Girls is a unique experience, yes.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

SSNeoman posted:

I'm actually very surprised we are not betrayed yet.

Is the game setting up a twist, or is the absence of the twist the twist? The wonders of Danganronpa!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Monokuma was a mascot character or something before Junko made him the smiling face of despair, right? Making a household robot that looks like a mascot character isn't that unreasonable.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Of all the poo poo kids working for Monaca, I think I hate Nagisa the least.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

He's one of the most abused by monaca, and he's pretty much the only one that's showed both empathy and basic critical thinking skills with trying to ask if the others were actually dead and asking the protagonists to just leave. I dont think any of the others ever stood up to monaca at all the way he has a couple times either.

Still a psychotic mass murderer, but he's definitely the only kid they really did a good job of generating sympathy for.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kotoko came close when asking why they weren't having a funeral for Jataro and asking if he was actually dead.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Well, I'm back. So, a few points of interest.

1) I spent almost the entire time from the Saturday eight days ago (note my last post being from the night just before that day) until today being either sick as a dog or in the hospital with a diagnosis of myocarditis. I've only now gotten back to regular computer usage, which is entirely acceptable for me to do by the way, so don't start worrying about my health, I should be fine.

2) I've now recorded both the replay of Chapter 4 and a good chunk of Chapter 5. There is an issue with the recording of Chapter 4 that isn't a fatal flaw (read, I'm not rerecording), but will be noticeable because I forgot something. That something might have something to do with something I was doing while recording, which took place yesterday starting at approximately 3:35 PM CST. If you know me, you should be able to work out what might have interfered with my recording. Chapter 5's recording went completely fine - apart from the fact that the game seems to have gotten a bit laggy in certain spots, but that's not a big problem, everything still looks fine.

3) I should need some days to work out the stuff I missed while out sick, but should be back on my work on updates on Wednesday or Thursday.

4) I've brought this up in the Vampires Dawn 2 thread, and it's relevant again now. The Super-League, Smasher Dynamo's Baseball Mogul LP epic, is entering its 26th season, bringing the Sub-Par League, the minor league that is also run in the thread, into its 14th season. With this 14th season, I have taken over the position of Sub-Commissar and will be running that part of the league, entering lineup changes, simulating the weeks and creating the updates that get posted about every two days. The work isn't major, since I'm not doing any real writing, but it will be some additional work that could put a dent in my updating schedule here. Certainly don't expect the daily updates I managed to maintain for a while there.

5) Monaca is awesome. Just thought I'd remind you.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Kotoko came close when asking why they weren't having a funeral for Jataro and asking if he was actually dead.

Kotoko was clearly having some real trouble trying to work out how to come to terms with the fact that she still considers Monaca to be the princess that everybody should love unconditionally and the fact that it's very clear Monaca isn't telling the other Warriors of Hope the whole truth and is obviously hiding something. Of course, then Monaca deployed the nuclear option and PTSD'd Kotoko back into servitude, the same nuclear option she then also deployed on Nagisa. The difference here being that Kotoko wasn't completely mindfucked, just really angry at the Demons, whereas Nagisa was properly mindfucked and just acting in a sort of haze at the end of Chapter 4.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

TheMcD posted:

Kotoko was clearly having some real trouble trying to work out how to come to terms with the fact that she still considers Monaca to be the princess that everybody should love unconditionally and the fact that it's very clear Monaca isn't telling the other Warriors of Hope the whole truth and is obviously hiding something. Of course, then Monaca deployed the nuclear option and PTSD'd Kotoko back into servitude, the same nuclear option she then also deployed on Nagisa. The difference here being that Kotoko wasn't completely mindfucked, just really angry at the Demons, whereas Nagisa was properly mindfucked and just acting in a sort of haze at the end of Chapter 4.

I thought Kotoko never bought Monaca's act and only went along with it because she was terrified of her.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

TheKirbs posted:

I thought Kotoko never bought Monaca's act and only went along with it because she was terrified of her.

No, the Warriors of Hope were all in. If you go back and check the different robot battle videos, all of the Warriors have lines that show some sort of direct affection towards Monaca.

Masaru says "Once I kill you and get the high score, I'm gonna be the 'Demon Hunting' champ! And then, paradise, Monaca... it all belongs to the Hero!"
Jataro says "If *I* win the Demon Hunting... I think Monaca would be pretty disappointed... Ah, I want to drink day-old cocoa, and have Monaca look at me like a piece of filth..."
Kotoko says "With the Demon Hunting prize money, I'm gonna buy a stork so Monaca and I can have a kid!"
And Nagisa says "If I hunt you down, Monaca will acknowledge me! She'll listen to me! She has to! Monaca and I... will be Creators of Paradise together!"

Also, to bring back something Nagisa said earlier:

TheMcD posted:

Just when things were going so well, Big Sis Junko died. Killed by some idiot.
When she died and we lost our guide, we didn't know what to do... But... Monaca didn't despair.

♪ BGM: DSO_Welcome Despair Academy

We shouldn't give up. We can't abandon hope.

Things that didn't matter vanished... And we felt ourselves rising up again. Come to think of it, that moment... That was the real beginning of the revolution.

After Junko got herself turned into the Ultimate Pancake, Monaca essentially became the ersatz Junko for the Warriors of Hope by way of her ability to talk and motivate people into doing her bidding. Monaca whipping out the terror on Kotoko and Nagisa is only a recent development, now that her plan is reaching the endgame stage and she doesn't really need the Warriors anymore, which is why they've become totally acceptable casualties.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I just want to know why her irises have squares on them.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The shape reminds me of something else.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Of a perfectly normal symbol that got ruined after it was turned around.

Lets hope Monaca never looks in the mirror.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

They've all got weird irises. Masaru has flames, Jataro has scalpels (only really visible in the artbook), Kotoko has speech bubbles and Nagisa has diamonds. As for why ... no idea. Hajime's are weird too, but he's the only other one in the series that comes to mind.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Mraagvpeine posted:

The shape reminds me of something else.

Now, now. Monaca isn't evil incarnate just because she has swastika eyes.

She's just evil incarnate because of everything else.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

mycelia posted:

They've all got weird irises. Masaru has flames, Jataro has scalpels (only really visible in the artbook), Kotoko has speech bubbles and Nagisa has diamonds. As for why ... no idea. Hajime's are weird too, but he's the only other one in the series that comes to mind.

Junko manipulated them more directly maybe so anime logic is they have special eyes? Nagito and Junko both have swirly eyes at times from memory.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

The eyes are just a quirk of the art-style. ...Unless it turns out later it's not, but I doubt that.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

TheMcD posted:

Now, now. Monaca isn't evil incarnate just because she has swastika eyes.

She's just evil incarnate because of everything else.

Come now, this is Japan, and they're reversed Buddhist swastikas, so they're manji eyes.

But yes, still evil incarnate after Junko.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, let's go through this chapter again and see what we missed. It was quite a bit this time!

The first thing we missed was here. There's a set of cars, and we're supposed to notice that the one in the middle is one we can Move.

And that brings us to a collectible!

Another Hit List entry, this time for Byakuya's person of interest.

The next thing is before the shrine - when you turn around and check the arch, there's some sparkles.

This is where Jataro was hiding.

Next, we have some sparkles in the narrow side passage, hiding up out of view.

Here's where Kotoko is.

So, this is where we have something that needs pointing out. I made a bit of a mistake - while replaying the chapter, I turned the sound down a fair bit and played something else on the side on a second monitor, in this case the AFC Divisional playoffs matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Indianapolis Colts, forgetting that I would need to make videos of the Monoku-Man puzzles I hosed up the first time through. Because of that, the videos have a bit of a, er, different sound.

This one is pretty simple - we basically had the solution the first time around anyway. Blast the single Bomber with Dance when it's the most to the left...

...then hit it with Break when the other two Bombers are at the left.

That then causes a chain reaction that blows all the enemies up.

Our next stop is another Monoku-Man room.

Here, we start out by using the hologram to move the Siren over.

Then, we Move the car and hit the Siren with Dance to allow the regular Monokumas to move over to the Siren. This also moves the Guards on the other side close to the car, where they will also stand on the water.

Then, it's just waiting for the right moment and one right shot with Paralyze takes everybody out.

After that, another Monoku-Man room I hosed up last time.

This one isn't that hard once you take the time to figure out the patterns, when you can move where, and where you can safely stand.

Eventually, we find the kid in the last quadrant we can get to.

Next, we missed a pickup in the subway entrance.

Well, that's depressing.

Then, we have a wall we can break by Linking up with this Bomber all the way back there. I missed this the first time around.

This allows us to access this collectible we saw the first time around but couldn't get to.

It makes the crosshair even faster!

We make it to the secret base without further incident. Now, we get to give our new Hit List entry to Hiroko.

He's probably just a faithful servant to his Young master...
I wonder if the kids think like... The older they are, the bigger the enemy?
Th-Th-Th-This is!
Hm? What's up?
Don't "what's up" me! This is a grave matter! An Earth-shattering event!
Seriously...what? Did you hit your head or something?
This is Byakuya Togami's name here on the file. It's who Toko likes. That's why she's so excited, I think.
I-I'm not excited, I'm worried! If he's Master's butler, that makes him *my* butler too! In the future! Wh-What's going to happen if he gets hurt!? We have to go save him!
Why don't we just leave it to Miss Hagakure like we usually do?
Yeah, listen to Koko! Just leave it to us, it's not a problem.
W-Well, maybe, but...
Hm? What is it?
I-I want him to owe me one... I want to make it so he cannot defy me! With that butler in my pocket, I can do anything I desire! Like love potions or hidden cameras...
Sleazy until the end...
Totally...
Y-You guys just don't get it! This is a huge deal for me! This is like...the world exploding! I gotta be sleazy till the end!
But even if you were one day able to tie the knot with Byakuya...would that really make you happy?
Geh, th-that's...
You should stop before it's too late. You regret a win by cheating more than an honest loss.
...Do you feel some kind of regret too, Miss Hagakure?
Yeah...I was young. I did something I shouldn't have because I wanted to be with my ex husband no matter what. But when I got found out, I had to end it with him. But then...I was honestly relieved. I was relieved that I was finally free from my sin.
Sounds...ominous.
If you don't mind me asking, what did you mean by "cheat"...?
...No, I shouldn't. Even if I explained myself, I'm sure you'd think less of me.
Anyway, I'll do something about that butler. Leave it to me. That okay, Toto?
Yes...I will achieve my heart's desire with a full-frontal assault instead!

Next, we have one more Monoku-Man room I screwed up.

Here, we have to move the regular Monokuma onto the switch, while at the same time paying attention that it's not looking at the hologram.

Then, we turn on the hologram, moving the Bomber there as well.

Then, we send the Ball into everybody else with Knockback, setting off a chain reaction of Bombers that takes everybody out.

Next, we have a collectible on the floor with the password puzzle, south of that room.

It's another +1 to HP, probably the last one.

Now, on the last floor, here's the collectible that probably fucks every non-guide 100% attempt over. See this gap inbetween the Monomono machines?

You can just walk through it and it takes you to a secret area.

And there's a collectible!

So that's why this is a secret area - it's a little easter egg alongside the appearance of Toro and Kuro, the Sony mascots, on the Monokuma assembly line we saw in the last update.

And that's it for the chapter. That looks like a much better rating to me.

You are mine, after all. I would lose my temper if you got yourself hurt without my permission. Now listen. I am the only one who can hurt you. You better not be hurt by anyone else.

Now Byakuya has words of... praise for us?

And we get the 500 Monocoin bonus plus a new skill, which gives us another extra battery.

That's it for what we missed in Chapter 4. Next time, we're on to Chapter 5, the final chapter of the game.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 16, 2019

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

It took me a minute to figure out what was weird here. Made me nostalgic for the orenronen days.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Aloysius has the meanest face. He looks less like a butler and more like a particularly cruel mob boss. Like, the kind of guy who knows someone who owns a pig farm. The kind of guy that keeps a well-used pair of pliers in his desk drawer, just in case, y'know? He's probably fine, a Monokuma tried to pick a fight with him and he bit it's eye out.

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

Considering what sort of people make up the rest of the Togami family from the light novels I can believe that.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

♪ BGM: Chapter Title

Alright, it's time for the final chapter. poo poo gon' get real.

♪ BGM: Ghost Stories From the School District of Revolution

We begin with the sight of Big Bang Monokuma stomping through the city as adults cheer from the rooftops.

Monokuma kids run away from the giant robot.

Big Bang Monokuma gets attacked by flying Monokumas...

...but they don't exactly make for much of an obstacle.

The hope of the adults...

...that is wrecking the poo poo out of the city.

♪ BGM: DSO_New World Order

As long as I control this Big Bang Monokuma, those little Monokumas are like nothing!
Good work you two! You guys are the saviors of this town!
Ah, yeah... ...

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

Meanwhile, somewhere else, somebody is watching the chaos on TV.

It's Monaca! And she seems pretty happy with how things are going.

Greetings! I came to say my goodbyes.
Huh? Going already?

But this is where the fun starts!

♪ BGM: DSO_Junk Food for a Dashing Youth

Fo' real, though! The real deal starts now! It's like you finally get the girl of your dreams, so now you can start wearing her underwear whenever ya want!
Hahahaha!
That example was pretty clever! Let's put that poo poo on a calendar!

♪ BGM: Silence ♫

Nagito just silently lowers his head while Monaca just stares. I think neither were really impressed with that.

♪ BGM: Abnormality on the Girls' Front Line

...I've received word from the Monokuma Kids on watch. An intruder has entered Towa City. And they came alone.
Alone? I see... Was this someone from Future Foundation?
I don't know. But I recommend caution-—

Wooow, the impact! Looks just like an action movie, meow!
Ufufu, if this keeps up...all the children might end up getting killed.
...You're in quite a good mood, hm? Despite the fact that your plan is about to be ruined.
Ruined? You talkin' about ruined!?
Monaca's plan is totally goin' smoothly!
Toootally!
Smoothly? You call this smoothly?
Sorry... I know you helped me out and everything, but this plan is a secret even to you.
By any chance...is this plan related to The Successor of Junko Enoshima?
No! Zip zip your mouth!
Well, it does not matter what you're planning. In the end, hope shall win the day.
So to prove your little point about hope or whatevs, you brought on the despair, huh? Well, that's just fuckin' stupid! It's like goin' to the desert to drink some tasty water!

I love Kurokuma. He's the only one that gets to look at Nagito's "help despair as much as possible because hope will win regardless of how strong despair is" plan and call it "fuckin' stupid". It's very refreshing.

It's totally contradictory, riiight?
No, you misunderstand. In order to get rid of all the despair, you first must let it flourish. Wait until the despair has grown to its largest size, and then burn it, all the way to the roots.
And after that, only hope will remain. That is the world I seek. There is nothing contradictory in that.
...Well, not that it even matters.
Ptoo! So you're gonna burn the crops and salt the Earth, huh!?
Ufufu, you really are amusing, Mister Servant.
Despite the fact that you know you've fallen into despair, you still fight for hope... Could it be from Big Sis Junko's influence? Or were you always like this?

♪ BGM: It's a Kids' World

There's somethin' way more fun and refreshin' waitin' for ya!
Yep, that's right! I'm reaaally looking forward to it. Ufufu... Just how will the world look through the eyes of The Successor?
Monaca, you're so into it! Your heart resonates! Hot enough to burn!
Thank you, Kurokuma... For giving Monaca such a splendid plan...

Ah, are you pushin' those little buds on me!? Aw, you doin' this on purpose, Monaca? Monacaaa!

And off Nagito goes, to an unknown destination.

♪ BGM: Ghost Stories From the School District of Revolution

Meanwhile, back in town...

...the adults have assembled, and they're armed.

Mister Haiji! We're all here, sir!
Good. Thank you.

Haiji steps up in front of the crowd.

Everyone! Hear me out!

Komaru and Toko are worried.

♪ BGM: DSO_Beautiful Dead

The reason I was always down in that base wasn't because I was waiting for an opportunity...
That was just an excuse. Really, I was just scared shitless by those kids. Heh... Makes me a pretty bad leader. But then someone snapped me out of it. Those two girls over there, neither kids nor adults...

Thanks to them, I've finally woken up. No matter how scared you are, if you want a hopeful future, sometimes you gotta fight for one.

♪ BGM: DSO_DISTRUST

Now it's time to stand up! With our hands, we're gonna take back this city! We have the power now! With Big Bang Monokuma, we can do this! So listen up! Teach those deranged kids who really runs this town! Towa City! Our home! Our town!

The adults are really hyped up for this now.

Isn't it better if the adults are...a little more calm?
Probably, but we can't just tell this group to keep level heads. They'd turn on us.

Shirokuma! Good timing! There's something we have to talk about, too.
So you guys are worried too, right? It'd be bad if the adults attack the kids, riled up like this...
You think so too?
Haiji seems like he's holding a grudge... Not just against the Monokumas, but the children, too. If they end up fighting like this... Both the kids and adults will end up killing each other.
K-Killing?
Why did it end up like this...? I mean, didn't you want the adults to fight back, too?
Well, just like you, I didn't know that Haiji had that kind of weapon. The reason I tried to motivate them was to give them the power to protect themselves. But Big Bang Monokuma isn't about protection. It has the power to destroy. If the adults and kids fight one another with the power to destroy, the damage would be terrible.
Hey... Is there anything we can do to maybe calm them down a little?
The way they are now, I doubt it.

We might lose our lives, we might take lives, but either way, we will *not* be afraid anymore! Today, we make the memorial of our victory! We make the memorial of the kids' defeat!

The moment they saw that stupid huge Monokuma, their eyes lit up. Yeah, maybe it is their last hope... But maybe it's far too big of a hope. There's no way they'd listen to us if we told them to go easy because they're just kids...
Shirokuma, do you have any ideas?
There is one...
Well then, hurry up and say it!
The Monokumas running amok in town aren't moving on their own, like me. There must be a device somewhere giving them orders.
Somewhere?
I would guess that the controller is at Towa Hills, the kid's HQ.
If we get to Towa Hills before the battle gets out of hand, and destroy that device...
Yep, the Monokumas will stop functioning all at once, and the kids will no longer have an army. If you guys do that, I'm sure you can prevent the fight between adults and children.
Yeah, it's not like they're a group of fanatics who would attack defenseless children...
...I hope.
But who's going to do it? It sounds really dangerous...
Ah... About that...
...You better not tell us to do it. Sneaking into heavily-guarded enemy territory to look for a device that's who knows where... That's just begging to get killed.
But when the Big Bang Monokuma starts attacking, the Monokumas will be busy dealing with that... If you use that as a distraction, it won't be impossible to break into Towa Hills.
Wh-Whether it's possible or not isn't the problem! Why do we have to be the ones to risk our lives?
But...in order to save Byakuya, we have to go to Towa Hills anyway, right...?
Y-Yeah, but a device used to control Monokumas is obviously going to be well guarded... No matter what the plan is, it's just not possible.
I know I'm asking you for a lot... But you two are the only ones I can rely on anymore! I beg you, you guys are the only ones who can save this town!
Save this town? What do you mean? That's not what we're in this for. We're...not heroes or anything, y'know? Why put us in that situation?
Wait, Toko.

♪ BGM: DSO_Welcome Despair Academy

H-Hey, what are you saying!?
I know it's dangerous, but even then... I can't just leave it like this. I know I'd regret it later on.
...Maybe...you want to be like your brother? You admire him?
I-It's not like that!
Hmph, so it's *definitely* like that. I knew it... You have a brother complex.
No seriously, it's not!
Komaru... You've grown. I'm so glad to see you like this.
That's what's been bothering me...
Huh?
Watching this new you... For some reason, it concerns me. I don't know...
Don't worry, I'll be just fine. After all, I have a reliable friend named Toko!
Th-That's... Well, it's true, but...
So? It's the final hour, what are you guys gonna do?

However, the objective is rescuing Master! Everything else is secondary!
Yeah, okay.
Thanks, you two! Thank you so much!
...Hm, looks like it's about to begin.

♪ BGM: Secret Base ~Left Behind By The Adults~

Big Bang Monokuma is back on the move again.

And the adults are also going into battle.

They're taking the fight to the Monokumas with remarkable success.

The Monokuma kids are hiding in terror...

...and inside Big Bang Monokuma...

...sits one smug son of a bitch.

♪ BGM: DSO_Living to the Fullest

Master... If our plan succeeds... Catch me in your open arms, Master!

And with that, we're back in control. So, next time, we'll make our way towards Towa Hills in an attempt to prevent this war from turning into an outright bloodbath by disarming one side.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!
This is what I figured would happen. Screw you Toko. This is what you wanted. This is what you got on your soapbox for. Now you're going to turn around and go "Uhh, this is out of hand. I can't believe they'd turn out like this."

You worked a mob into a frenzy, what the gently caress did you think was going to happen when they acquired the means to retaliate? Did you think they were going to just send out Big Bang Monokuma and go "Okay, all the Monokuma Kids and the Warriors of Hope better give up now. We have a weapon, so now everything can just stop and end peacefully."

I really hate Toko. Even more so because now I'm sure I know what's coming up on the horizon.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nagito getting told by a literal child and a cartoon bear. :allears:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Haiji is a fuckhead.

Also, his plan sucks. His solution to an army of killer robots that got hijacked is a BIGGER killer robot. That will never get hijacked. Nope, not one bit.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FoolyCharged posted:

Haiji is a fuckhead.

Also, his plan sucks. His solution to an army of killer robots that got hijacked is a BIGGER killer robot. That will never get hijacked. Nope, not one bit.

Well he's actually piloting this one. It appears to be more a mech then robot.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Better be careful for giant robot antibodies
I expect this game to be silly enough for something like that.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

This is what I figured would happen. Screw you Toko. This is what you wanted. This is what you got on your soapbox for. Now you're going to turn around and go "Uhh, this is out of hand. I can't believe they'd turn out like this."

You worked a mob into a frenzy, what the gently caress did you think was going to happen when they acquired the means to retaliate? Did you think they were going to just send out Big Bang Monokuma and go "Okay, all the Monokuma Kids and the Warriors of Hope better give up now. We have a weapon, so now everything can just stop and end peacefully."

I really hate Toko. Even more so because now I'm sure I know what's coming up on the horizon.

Eh disagree. Toko's heart was in the right place, she just told the speech to the wrong guy. She was right, Haiji was accomplishing jack dick while he was in the sewers. It's just that now he has the power so he will abuse it because he's a fuckhead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Giving a rallying speech to people who have been saying "God, I want to slice open these kids' stomachs and strangle them with their guts" (This was a near verbatim thing, as I recall.) probably wasn't the best idea.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

SSNeoman posted:

Eh disagree. Toko's heart was in the right place, she just told the speech to the wrong guy. She was right, Haiji was accomplishing jack dick while he was in the sewers. It's just that now he has the power so he will abuse it because he's a fuckhead.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Giving a rallying speech to people who have been saying "God, I want to slice open these kids' stomachs and strangle them with their guts" (This was a near verbatim thing, as I recall.) probably wasn't the best idea.

What Hobgoblin said. It doesn't matter who Toko gave that speech to. Those adults were all down for getting payback if they could only get the means to do so. Let's not pretend like Haiji is some aberration that is the only one willing to carry out retribution. The adults are right there next to him cheering him on while he carves a trail of destruction through the streets (and also getting in whatever swings they can of their own).

I don't agree that Toko's heart was in the right place and this was just some unforeseen consequence. She directly called the resistance cowards for not fighting back. What exactly did she expect 'fighting back' to entail? Protest signs and chanting? This is exactly what anyone would expect a mob of terrorized and fearful people to do the second they got the means to 'fight back' against an enemy that has been gleefully hunting them and torturing others to death while tearing their lives apart forever.

With the way she's acting now, Toko looks like someone who was hoping to recruit meat shields. She wanted those adults to 'help' by putting themselves in danger in order to make her's and Komaru's job easier, but doesn't want them to actually succeed in fighting back. As soon as she sees them 'fighting back', it's suddenly wrong or isn't being done the right way.

gently caress Toko.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 18, 2019

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I mean it was necessary to fight back and if some kids were killed, well so be it. The alternative was being killed by Monokumas at best and literally crucified on steel beams at worst. Like let's not pretend putting a few munchkins into the ground isn't a necessary evil in this situation.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Danganronpa, the series that asks: What if literally everyone in the world was a huge piece of poo poo?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...but Komaru is a cinnamon roll...

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Yeah I dont think I agree with that Toko take.

To me it struck me more as her just disliking people not doing anything but hiding in general without properly envisioning every way in which they would fight back.

Its not like the monokuma kids themselves so far have been a direct threat.
Puzzles aside.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

DeafNote posted:

Yeah I dont think I agree with that Toko take.

To me it struck me more as her just disliking people not doing anything but hiding in general without properly envisioning every way in which they would fight back.

Its not like the monokuma kids themselves so far have been a direct threat.
Puzzles aside.

They have, unless you assume that the Monokuma helmets are mind control devices (which the adults are clearly not considering), been working alongside the Monokumas, been immune to attack by the Monokumas, and definitely not reacting to all the murder around them as if they mind it (they've even seemed entertained by it sometimes).

They've been helping out Komaru sometimes but apparently that's on the orders of Nagito, not that the adults know either of those things.

The conclusion the adults have come to is obvious and their reaction given it is pretty appropriate. We haven't seen Monokuma kids kill anyone or even hurt anyone onscreen but if someone plays a game with your spouse's corpse maybe you don't give a poo poo about that.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Hence the use of the word 'direct'.

Strategically though, I suppose it is a hell of a lot easier to kill a kid controlling a monokuma. Than it is to kill a monokuma.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, so let's start making our way to Towa Hills. But first, collectibles!

Here, we have the Hit List entry for Sakura's person of interest. Kenshiro was actually brought up quite a bit in Sakura's Free Time Events, too. Next, let's chat with some people.

♪ BGM: We Can't Change The World

Don't worry. This is for Monokumas. No matter how horribly we were treated, I can at least keep my sense of tact. I'm not going to just crush all their little heads like watermelons.
Y-Yeah...I thought not.
But, if something were to happen... That would be a different story. If some horrible, unthinkable situation occurred, well then I'd just have to use this on a kid.
Wh-What happened to your sense of tact!?
You sound so certain, deriding me. If you don't kill the kid, the woman next to you is dead. What if that were the situation? Would you just remain a spectator? Watch her die?
Th-That's...
I went outside with a resolute mind. If something happens, I will not hesitate to kill. If I hesitate, keep making excuses... I'm the one who will end up dead.
Toko... We should go...

Next, let's hand over the Hit List entries we've found so far.

♪ BGM: Abnormality on the Girls' Front Line

Hey, what's the big idea? Handing me somethin' like this!? You better not be makin' fun of me!
N-No! I wasn't thinking anything, I was just handing it over like I normally do...
Ahaha, I'm just kiddin'. I'm not the kinda woman to get pissed off about somethin' like this.
Y-Yeah... Thought so.
You really thought so? You look kinda relieved to me. You probably thought she was gonna hit you with a crowbar or something, right?
N-No! Honest! I was *not* thinking about getting hit with a crowbar and dragged behind a bike... ...No, really! I'm telling the truth, Miss Hagakure! I'm innocent!
Wow, you really, *really* suck at lying.
M-More importantly! This file is so...rude! I'm sure they could have written it a little nicer!
What, really? I dunno, I think "typical Demon" is pretty well put. How would *you* describe it?
Um... Like, how the hair is unique! Or how she reads tons of manga... Or how she makes funny voices with an electric fan, or how she's not really good with numbers...
...And that's about it, right?
Koko, there's nothing embarrassing about being normal.
I-It's not like I'm "embarrassed"...
But more importantly, they wrote "Unknown" for hunting grounds. They haven't found you. You should be happy about that, not sad about the whole "typical Demon" part...
Yeah... As a normal girl, I'm happy in a perfectly normal way...
...Remember when I told you you sucked at lying?

Targeting the elderly, too... They really don't discriminate.
Jeez, if they just waited a week he would probably die of old age! Then there's no need to kill him.
Toko! That's rude! You have to resp... Respec...?
...Respeculate your elders!
...You can't even say it properly.
By the way. what was the "Detective Library" again? I feel like I've heard that somewhere before... But I can't remember.
If we can trust what's written here, isn't it some kind of detective union? Or maybe a group that mediates jobs to private investigators.
So it's just like a manga artist union!
...If that helps you, sure.
Anyway, a union of detective sounds super cool! Kinda like a secret organization...
Hmph, real life detectives are no good at all.
Why not? Don't detectives in real life solve super cool investigations like in manga?
Well, I guess it's not that actual detectives are no good... More like, most situations don't even require a detective.
Yeah, that's right. Unless there's some super complicated case, detectives aren't really needed. Of course most police officers and judges fit that bill, too...
Right, that goes without saying. I guess that's why I'm repulsed by them so much.
...For some reason, that sounds philosophical.
Anyway, regardless if they're detectives or culprits, we gotta save them now. Leave it to me. I'll solve it in a flash, just like manga detectives!

Assassin fist? Are the Captives really allowed to do that kind of B.S. in this game?
Isn't this just something some kid wrote? They're probably just making it up.
No, my guess is, this is the truth. I know a monster just as powerful as this guy.
...A monster?
Yeah. She was called "Ogre" and the strongest person in the world. And those nicknames were no exaggeration. She really was a monster. And if she can exist, I'm sure that something like assassin fist exists.
Then is it true that his days are numbered? Sounds like a plot from a manga...
It is a familiar story... Assassins always have short lives, just like how female spies always somehow fall in love.
...Well even though I don't really get that reference...you can leave this to me. Assassin fist or no, I'll take the responsibility of saving him.
Of course, I'm not personally going...

Moving on, it's a straight shot to Towa Hills over that bridge, but there's somebody else we can chat with before that.

Ah, well, not...really...
No, don't worry about it. There's no need for you to risk your lives. You're still young women.
It's been so long since I've felt this... I feel...completely free.
Why? Do you think you've already won?
It's true, I don't know what's going to come of all this. But the day we stand up against these kids is finally here. It makes me happy. I'd much rather fight a kid and die than return to a life of hiding and fear.
Um... Please, be careful.
Yeah. Even if it's my time to die, I'll be sure to take some kids and Monokumas with me.

We head down the bridge and arrive at Towa Hills. There's some regular Monokumas there, but they're really not a problem.

Also, there's some sparkles here!

♪ Jingle: Hidden Kids Discovered!

So that's the first one.

I wonder where that television image is from.

Here's a collectible!

♪ Jingle: Skill GET!

Not all that useful, really. I'm pretty sure I'm already at the point where basically every enemy that doesn't get killed with a Nice Shot drops an item.

There's some Monokuma kids hunkering down here.

Probably just scared once they saw adults were fighting back. Remember those idiots back when you were a kid? The ones who would mess with a chained-up dog? Inevitably they'd get bitten, and then they end up with a fear of dogs.
But don't they look just horrified? They're completely frozen in fear...
Maybe they're more childlike than we imagined. They never thought it would come to this. Or...
Or...? Do you know something?
No, nothing definitive. Just a feeling. Regardless, once we get to the kids' HQ, we'll have all the answers, even if we don't want them.

Now, the door to Towa Hills won't open, but there's a bell here.

So we ring the bell and the door opens. Let's head in.

...Toko? What're you looking around for?
Th-There's no mistaking it... Master is here! The red string tied to my pinky... I can feel it tugging!
But in a building this big... It's gonna be hard to find him.
Well obviously, all we have to do is catch the head brat and make them spill... And while we're at it, we can make them stop controlling the Monokumas. Two birds, one stone.
Knowing those brats, I bet they're somewhere up high where they can watch it all go down.
Yeah, that seems likely...
But from here on, we can't let our guard down. The Monokuma controller has to be well protected. Let's buckle up and get moving.
Yeah... Let's end this. Personally, I'm hoping for an easy ending.
Heh, yeah, that sounds good. And while the credits roll, you'll be all jealous watching Master and me passionately embrace...
...Yeah, I don't think I'll be jealous of that...

♪ BGM: Wonderful Dead 005

Alright, so now it's Towa Hills. This is another one of those areas I really like the style of. It all just looks really swanky. You might note some things up the stairs that look like the Warriors of Hope's robots. We'll check that out in a bit.

First, a collectible.

So is this after the remodeling or before? Oh well, not that it really matters, the place looks neat and that's good enough.

So, these two things are indeed robots - Jataro's and Kotoko's. There's a bell here, but we can't open the door with it because the robots are blocking the door.

Instead, we need to go through these doors. And what does that mean?

♪ BGM: It's a Monokuma World

That's right, more Monoku-Man! As a sidenote, the game really starts lagging for me in Towa Hills, and it's noticeable at times in the videos. Just so you know.

♪ Jingle: Monoku-Man Activate

Now, let's check this puzzle out.

The puzzles still need some thinking, though I think some in Chapter 4 were harder than the ones we'll be dealing with here. Here, the series of events is fairly simple.

Step one, move the Bomber over from the switch with the hologram.

Step two, Link up with the regular Monokuma and move it onto the switch.

Step three, Move the car out of the way after going past it.

Finally, step four, hit the Ball with Knockback. That knocks it into the first Bomber, who blows up the second Bomber, who blows up the regular Monokuma, taking out all the enemies.

♪ Jingle: Monoku-Man Success

Success!

This allows us to move on to a ladder...

...which brings us to Jataro's room!

Jataro's not just into crafts, he's also adept at the arts part as well. Here's a painting of a pink-haired certain someone.

But what we're really here for is this.

It seems dangerous to just start playing with it... Why don't *you* touch it?

And with that, Jataro's robot moves out of the way.

With that done, we get to exit through some nearby doors and find ourselves at a hatch that lets us exit down to the robots' level.

Hm, what's this?

So a bit of a gimmick for this area is that we find some notes that give us some more perspective from the Warriors of Hope's parents' point of view. Jataro in particular had the exact reasoning for why he was abused so heavily left unexplained, so this clears things up a bit. Not entirely, but a bit.

Next, let's go through the other Monoku-Man room.

♪ BGM: It's a Monokuma World

♪ Jingle: Monoku-Man Activate

OK, the basic problem with this room is twofold. You need to get that one Guard off of the not flooded part onto the water, that's the second problem. The first problem that comes up with the second problem is that you need to use the holograms in the right way to get the other Guards to move around in such a way that it allows you to trigger a hologram that will move that one particular Guard into the water. Then you need to move onto the not flooded part and shoot a Guard with Paralyze to take them all out.

This probably makes more sense in the video. It's a bunch of fiddly moving around, shooting holograms, and checking the map.

♪ Jingle: Monoku-Man Success

We eventually make it, put it that way.

This allows us to progress to Kotoko's room.

We fiddle with the controls and get Kotoko's robot to move, so we could now move on.

There's also a collectible for us!

♪ Jingle: Skill GET!

More healing, always good. Also, we've actually hit the point where I have to de-equip some skills to free up some skill points to equip this skill. Thankfully, I still had some Despair Time skills equipped, which I'm really not going to need.

Here, we get another collectible.

In case you were wondering, no, these notes are not supposed to attempt to justify the abuse the Warriors of Hope took or make the parents look more sympathetic. It's just for more context.

So, we ring the bell and open the door.

Nice! Now we can keep going!
What a pain... After all this, they're *still* playing games?

Let's move on.

Whoa there, Toko! Watch the fourth wall! We only have the one!

Anyway, as you might have expected, now we have Nagisa's and Masaru's robots blocking the next door. We'll deal with that next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Disappointed that fiddling with these remotes is just for moving big robot-shaped blocks out of the way instead of actually playing rock-em sock-em with these machines you've been fighting.