Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Julias posted:

Cool. Would you like an av or an upgrade, and do you have any way for me to reach you (steam, discord, etc?)

Well, even if it's a pretty manageable resolution, I didn't want to commit to anything in the way of a reward until I was done. Don't have a specific avatar in mind, so I suppose plat would be nice. I'm chiasaur11 on steam, so that should work if you need something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, even if it's a pretty manageable resolution, I didn't want to commit to anything in the way of a reward until I was done. Don't have a specific avatar in mind, so I suppose plat would be nice. I'm chiasaur11 on steam, so that should work if you need something.

Friend request sent

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

littleorv posted:

Happy new year everynyan. This year I’ve decided to broaden my horizons a little bit and am going to take a recommendation from 10 different people and watch whatever they suggest as long as it’s 26 episodes or less. Hopefully everyone will be nice and recommend things they actually enjoy. This is what I have so far:

1. Witchblade (Eela)
2. Blast of Tempest (Erg)
3. Silver Spoon (Dogsicle)
4. My bride is a mermaid (Davincie)

I am open to suggestions and may add more than 10. Also yes, this is a :toxx:

Dennō Coil

2019 is the year I will watch:
Card Captor Sakura
At least 1 season of Symphogear

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

littleorv posted:

Happy new year everynyan. This year I’ve decided to broaden my horizons a little bit and am going to take a recommendation from 10 different people and watch whatever they suggest as long as it’s 26 episodes or less. Hopefully everyone will be nice and recommend things they actually enjoy. This is what I have so far:

1. Witchblade (Eela)

Have you seen Gun x Sword before

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

littleorv posted:

1. Witchblade (Eela)

I'm not sure which anime you've already seen, so I'll recommend a bunch in no particular order:

Lupin III Part 1
Flip Flappers
Humanity Has Declined
Bodacious Space Pirates
Centaur's Worries
Fate/Zero
Parasyte
Lupin III Part 4
Snow White With the Red Hair
Re: Zero
Lupin III Part 5
Land of the Lustrous
Bungou Stray Dogs s1 and s2
Psycho-Pass s1 (NOT s2)
Girls und Panzer
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Golden Kamui
Planet With

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

littleorv posted:

1. Witchblade (Eela)

Mahoujin Guru Guru

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you don't want to watch a sort of neat-ish four episode ova adaptation of an 80s action rpg then uh

new game

if you do watch ys 2 though don't bother with the ova of the first game cause it only has like one good episode and it's twice as long

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

littleorv posted:

1. Witchblade (Eela)

Read Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

1. Witchblade (Eela)

Concrete Revolutio

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i tossed a google form out so people could recommend me 1-3 series for the new year, and then ran that list through a randomizer for the bare minimum 6 shows i will commit to watching this year:

1. Wake Up, Girls!
2. The Hakkenden
3. Bodacious Space Pirates
4. Red Garden
5. Higurashi (unspecified amount, but I'll watch at least the first season obvi)
6. NHK ni Youkoso

as a secondary resolution, i have too much anime and need to thin the herd. to accomplish this, i won't download anything this year outside of seasonal anime and the shows that were put into my google form. i have to watch 6 more shows from the anime i already have and/or the 9 shows that didn't make it through the randomizer.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thank you everyone, I have a list of 10 now. Will update my original post. Anyways, here is what I have:

1. Witchblade (Eela)
4. My Bride is a Mermaid (Davincie)
5. Casshern Sins (Gorf)
6. Mononoke (Endorph)
7. New Game! (Colonel)
8. Denno Coil (Sinky)
9. Mahoujin Guruguru (Anohito)
10. Gundam Reconquista in G (Bees)

I imagine it will be cool to post my (slow) progress in this thread right? Here's to not getting banned :cheerdoge:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pretend this post came right after gorfs

i mean i was going to but i wanted to space it out through the year....

anyway since its freeleech on baka:

namtab: initial d
julias: kaiba
dogsicle: seraphim call
erg: working buddies
gorf: Tetsujin 28-gou (2004)
allarion Saekano: How to Train a Boring Girlfriend
yes canteloupe: Level E
parallax: Here Is Greenwood
endorph: gun x sword

this is still missing 1 entry, will come later

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Successes from 2018:
Watched Toradora
Watched 2 anime spin-off movies, not counting SAO.

Failures from 2018:
Did not finish Steins;Gate VN (made a decent amount of progress into it, but did not reach an ending as yet)
Did not finish F/SN VN (Focused on S;G for my VN time, and so didn't really make much progress on this one).

I'm not resolving anything for 2019.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kytrarewn posted:

Successes from 2018:
Watched Toradora
Watched 2 anime spin-off movies, not counting SAO.

Failures from 2018:
Did not finish Steins;Gate VN (made a decent amount of progress into it, but did not reach an ending as yet)
Did not finish F/SN VN (Focused on S;G for my VN time, and so didn't really make much progress on this one).

I'm not resolving anything for 2019.

I can't believe that you're toxxing to not watch, play, or accomplish anything in 2019.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Namtab posted:

Mentat Radnor - Gain 20lb of muscle. Read the following manga to completion/most recent update: Battle Angel Alita, Nausicaa, Skip Beat (I think I left off around chapter 165?), Helck (I was around chapter 55), Horimiya, Ran and the Gray World, Wandering Emanon, Kotonoba Drive, Yukibana no Tora. Status - No updates

Oh I forgot all about this, whoops.

I read Nausicaa and Wandering Emanon and Kotonoba Drive. They were all excellent. I'm not caught up on Skip Beat, never finished Helck, still haven't started Horimiya or Ran, and no one has started translating Yukibana no Tora yet goddammit.

Also I lost 5lb since last year because my digestive system is super lame. :sigh:

I'll be super busy in 2019, so I'm going to stick with the cowardly non-toxx goal of "just watch as much anime as I can without losing sleep to do so."

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I finished Season 1 of Kaiji today.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I finished Season 1 of Kaiji today.

Now you can appreciate tonegawa

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no he needs s2

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

I will consume a manga and an anime untranslated and become an upstanding poster on this board.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you already are :cheers:

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

:) Thanks man!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to add Sweetness and Lightning to my toxx since a friend suggested it to me

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I just did Saga of Tanya the Evil in prep for the new season, so that's one down. Started watching The Skull Man a month ago, and been meaning to finally checkout Rakugo, so that's another two. Maybe this year, I'll finally finish either season of Mushishi, but I super doubt it!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm finally done with fansubbing, so I've got time to start this up again. I'll watch at least 10 shows from unique posters which count as one complete entry on MAL. No length restrictions, but please try to be kind to me.

The running tally:

1. Michiko e Hatchin | 22 eps | Knorth | Started: [2019-01-12] | Finished: [2019-01-21]
  2. Seirei no Moribito | 26 eps | Lemon-Lime | Started: [2019-01-22] | Finished: [2019-01-31]
  3. Tsuritama | 12 eps | Davincie | Started: [2019-02-12] | Finished: [2019-02-28]
  4. Ring ni Kakero | 12 eps | GorfZaplen | Started: [2019-03-07] | Finished: [2019-03-24]
  5. Gundam Reconguista in G | 26 eps | everythingwasbees | Started: [2019-04-02] | Finished: [2019-04-30]
  6. Kekkaishi | 52 eps | Dogsicle | Started: [2019-05-01] | Finished: [2019-05-28]
  7. R.O.D. OVA | | 3 eps | Nipponophile | Started: [2019-05-30] | Finished: [2019-05-30]
  8. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans | 25 eps | chiasaur11 | Started: [2019-08-20] | Finished: [2019-09-10]
  9. Princess Tutu | 26 eps | Erg | Started: [2019-09-26] | Finished: [2019-10-11]
  10. Fist of the North Star | 109 eps | Smoking Crow | Started: [2019-10-11] | Finished: [2019-12-29]

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 30, 2019

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

el dorito posted:

I resolve to give the 3 episode test to each one of the shows in my crunchyroll backlog.

there are a LOT of shows in there

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

sign me up for this again and I will try to find a good way to report progress but not make a million posts in this thread about it

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

I'm finally done with fansubbing, so I've got time to start this up again. I'll watch at least 10 shows from unique posters which count as one complete entry on MAL. No length restrictions, but please try to be kind to me.

R.O.D. OVA

don't bother with the TV series

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

The running tally:

1. Michiko e Hatchin | Knorth
  2. Wandering Son | Lemon-Lime
  3. Tsuritama | Davincie

I'm going to suggest Gundam: War in the Pocket, Turn A Gundam, or Iron Blooded Orphans (presumably season 1, since, you know. Weird to start with season 2, and they're listed separately on MAL). I mean, assuming you haven't seen all of them.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm just picking the first thing that people suggest to me that I haven't seen, and hell, I'm taking all the 50 ep shows because I ain't no coward.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

brave quark

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

brave quark
:emptyquote:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

gmq posted:

Next year I'm going to watch the top 5 "Best Anime of 2018" (skipping the ones I already watched) according to the results of that thread.

The results are out and... I have to watch:

quote:

7. Zombieland Saga

6. March Comes In Like a Lion 2nd Season

5. Devilman Crybaby

4. Hinamatsuri

3. Yuru Camp (watched)

2. SSSS.Gridman

1. A Place Further Than The Universe (watched)

I'm glad only one is a second season even if it's the second season of a show I dropped. :negative:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just skip the s2s of things you dropped

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

gmq posted:

The results are out and... I have to watch:

I'm glad only one is a second season even if it's the second season of a show I dropped. :negative:

Um, you can't watch the second season of something you dropped unless you go back and finish the first season.

I'm sorry, but those are the rules.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Strange Quark posted:

The running tally:

1. Michiko e Hatchin | 22 eps | Knorth
  2. Seirei no Moribito | 26 eps | Lemon-Lime
  3. Tsuritama | 12 eps | Davincie
  4. Ring ni Kakero | 12 eps | GorfZaplen
  5. Gundam Reconguista in G | 26 eps | everythingwasbees
  6. Kekkaishi | 52 eps | Dogsicle
  7. R.O.D. OVA | | 3 eps | Nipponophile
  8. Turn A Gundam | 50 eps | chiasaur11

If you watch all of Hokuto no Ken 1, I will buy you up to 4 of any card you want or a negotiable amount of booster packs :toxx:

Please be kind

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Smoking Crow posted:

If you watch all of Hokuto no Ken 1, I will buy you up to 4 of any card you want or a negotiable amount of booster packs :toxx:

Please be kind

I think you severely underestimate the value of trading cards, friend.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I don't think she'll drop a black lotus on me

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll watch it, but keep your money for yourself, Crow.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i tossed a google form out so people could recommend me 1-3 series for the new year, and then ran that list through a randomizer for the bare minimum 6 shows i will commit to watching this year:

1. Wake Up, Girls!
2. The Hakkenden
3. Bodacious Space Pirates
4. Red Garden
5. Higurashi (unspecified amount, but I'll watch at least the first season obvi)
6. NHK ni Youkoso

as a secondary resolution, i have too much anime and need to thin the herd. to accomplish this, i won't download anything this year outside of seasonal anime and the shows that were put into my google form. i have to watch 6 more shows from the anime i already have and/or the 9 shows that didn't make it through the randomizer.

one down.
i wanted to round off each time i finish a thing with my thoughts on it but it's late so i'll just post wug when i finish the next show

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Somebody watch... vifam.... please....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Hello, I am Vifam....