Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Barudak posted:

When they remake Resident Evil 1 the next time they should include a feature where you read all the dialog for the game and when cutscenes play it uses your voice acting

Barry..... Wheres Barry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Barudak posted:

When they remake Resident Evil 1 the next time they should include a feature where you read all the dialog for the game and when cutscenes play it uses your voice acting

Told this several times here before, but in RE1 on PC, all the sound files are just .wavs in the directory. So you can easily replace them with whatever you want. God I wish I could find the video of the changes we made once, bunch of us drinking. Zombies would say "yummy!" when biting you, gunshots replaced with spoken "Kablammo!" etc. As well as rescripting the entire opening. Chris saying something like "where are they gone off loving now?" after returning to the lobby sans Wesker and Jill. Good times.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I wouldnt be suprised if someone at Capcom decided it would be funny for Leon to suplex a tyrant with sheer force of will.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

WaltherFeng posted:

I wouldnt be suprised if someone at Capcom decided it would be funny for Leon to suplex a tyrant with sheer force of will.

I think it would tie in nicely with Chris's arc between CV and RE5 if Leon gets brutally suplexed by Mr. X, then spends years between perfecting his technique before RE4

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
in case anyone was worried they would miss out on the deluxe edition stuff, the dlc pack is already up at the microsoft store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/resident-evil-2-extra-dlc-pack/bvt51jdpc0nv?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/banda-sonora-original-intercambio/bxck7dvcrggj?activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

probably psn too at launch.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Convex posted:

I think it would tie in nicely with Chris's arc between CV and RE5 if Leon gets brutally suplexed by Mr. X, then spends years between perfecting his technique before RE4

holy poo poo now I want Leon to get the full MGS3 style treatment with The Boss replaced with Mr X

get chumped three times by superior CQC wrestling moves, then have a final boss fight ending with a suplex, followed by a sad execution shot through the hat

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's weird how even the Capcom youtube calls him "the Tyrant" and there still exists no written proof in-game that he's Mr. X, but everyone just calls him that due to a label on an action figure and a novelization. I was hoping the remake would just label him Mr. X for once.

Additionally I still find it so delightfully weird how this company that deals with bioweapons and zombie drugs also has somehow created an army of obedient zombie supermen for "covert ops." Just sending in this weird motherfucking monster as your cleanup crew is the strangest and coolest thing, especially when the turnaround from the mindless Tyrant in RE1 to the dapper and precise Mr. X was in such a short time. The lore of this series really is comparably in the same batshit realm as Metal Gear.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
the devs only found out recently that everyone in the west called him mr.x. they were confused.

i think the origin for that name had to be a gaming mag or something.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

holy poo poo now I want Leon to get the full MGS3 style treatment with The Boss replaced with Mr X

get chumped three times by superior CQC wrestling moves, then have a final boss fight ending with a suplex, followed by a sad execution shot through the hat

Somehow Leon suplexing an entire train before sadly executing it doesn't seem entirely implausible in this series :v:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

the devs only found out recently that everyone in the west called him mr.x. they were confused.

i think the origin for that name had to be a gaming mag or something.

lol that's the best. I actually read a Metro article wherein the journalists were the only ones at an event who called him Mr. X and nobody else knew wtf they were talking about. Capcom seems to have a continuous problem, in everything from Street Fighter to Megaman to Resident Evil, with naming conventions. If it's not Rockman/Vega, Bison, Balrog then it's Mr. X/T--00 or even "Biohazard"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Every now and then I still think about Resident Evil 7: Biohazard vs. Biohazard 7: Resident Evil and chuckle.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Convex posted:

Somehow Leon suplexing an entire train before sadly executing it doesn't seem entirely implausible in this series :v:

Does that make Leon Big X?

Mr X, Sir?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Convex posted:

You have to actually picture it in your head for it to be funniest. I can see the endgame area now, the train coming at full speed and Leon just going nope, and suplexing the train, 4 or 5 of its cars clipping through the ceiling as he makes his familiar "hyah!" sound. And then some barely legal young lady flirts with him awkwardly as they ride off into the sunset

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I do remember game pro calling him Mr X.

Also they ran ads for import games and mod chips that had screenshots from 1.5, and I was always super confused why we got a different version of RE2

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

When I first played RE2 I called him T0 because that's what it said on the container and saying T00 sounded dumb. I don't know when I first heard Mr X but it sounded cooler so Mr X it is. Plus up until the very end he's still pretty unique in look and somewhat how he acts. Like Nemesis was programmed to kill STARS so of course he spends the entire game chasing Jill and anyone trying to help her but Mr X was sent in to get the G-virus above all else except right after landing he goes completely off mission to go after that cop/biker who put 30 holes in his brand new trenchcoat.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Raxivace posted:

Every now and then I still think about Resident Evil 7: Biohazard vs. Biohazard 7: Resident Evil and chuckle.

Steam had the right idea calling it Resident Evil 7: Biohazard/Biohazard 7: Resident Evil

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I always found it funny the game never got around to naming him. Maybe their intention was to draw similarities to the Tyrant from RE1 and to call it the same.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

Steam had the right idea calling it Resident Evil 7: Biohazard/Biohazard 7: Resident Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Why the fucks some 7 foot bioweapon need a trench coat anyway. Let alone a hat

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
What exactly is Re engine designed for and what makes it more viable for Capcom rather than MT Framework or some other alternative? I get that the investment was probably worth its cost, but fewer game companies are building their own tech.

Also.. wym Mr. X isn't his name?!?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

codo27 posted:

Because it looks cool

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

:eng101: the coat keeps them from going all super tyrant mutant mode

the hat however is for show

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
It’s funny that for 20 years they didn’t know we called him Mr. X, but they even went so far as to give him a little bowler hat like he’s some lumbering conspiratorial super spy :v:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I really enjoyed the 30 min demo. I got all nostalgic for Res Evil2:64 and got pretty excited for the Hunk and Tofu dumb poo poo at the end. My sister in law didn't believe me when I said Tofu is just a legit piece of tofu. I showed her !

It is super weird being able to walk and shoot and aim in this game. I like the control and feel, but it's a mind gently caress because I remember how tanky these games were and especially Res 2. Being that was the only other Resident evil game I ever beat until 4-5.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Honest Thief posted:

What exactly is Re engine designed for and what makes it more viable for Capcom rather than MT Framework or some other alternative? I get that the investment was probably worth its cost, but fewer game companies are building their own tech.

Also.. wym Mr. X isn't his name?!?

MT Framework was old, RE Engine is basically the new MT Framework for the remainder of this console generation and the next.

I guess some companies just like to use their own tech rather than licensing Unreal.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fosson posted:

It’s funny that for 20 years they didn’t know we called him Mr. X, but they even went so far as to give him a little bowler hat like he’s some lumbering conspiratorial super spy :v:

I googled it because it's wild I'm just finding this Mr. X thing out now, but this came up.

quote:

The inclusion of a fedora to the T-00's outfit in the remake was to emphasize its intended purpose for covert operations. The T-00 was also made physically shorter for the same purposes, as it now appears more human from a distance.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Crowbcat made a video on RE2 Remake. Just some fun experimenting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPul1ZjnwFI

That zombie tripping lol

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

After having played the gently caress out of OG RE2 I’m now on RE3 and holy gently caress Nemesis is fast. What makes it even more apparent is PSX PAL games ran a bit slower than their NTSC counterparts, and the PSN version is the US one. I remember being scared shitless back in the day hiding in a save room when the comforting save room theme was replaced by tense strings while Nemesis stalked outside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9n0fNnzGcY

Of course it seems sometimes it plays and he never actually appears just to gently caress with you.

If the rumours about an R3MAKE are true then there is some excellent potential.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Yeah nemesis is fast as gently caress. It be interesting to see how they balance him without door transitions.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

I googled it because it's wild I'm just finding this Mr. X thing out now, but this came up.

I read that recently as well! I think in my mind the name “Mr. X” just describes what they were going for as perfect for the 1998 timeline. I still, like many in this thread, can’t pinpoint where they saw the name as Mr. X,, but he just is.
I’ve been going backwards through this thread for a few days and I can’t bekueve how much I’ve forgotten about RE2. It was one of my favorite games of all time on release and me and a couple buddies beat it twice before we even realized there was a B game (back then memory cards for us weren’t always available for saving). I can be added to one of the few mega fans of RE3 as well.

Hell, RE4 is the only main RE game I haven’t beaten yet and I’m just now working on it

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

poe meater posted:

Yeah nemesis is fast as gently caress. It be interesting to see how they balance him without door transitions.

I’m guessing we will get an idea based on how Mr X works in the RE2make. I imagine there will be some form of stealth mechanic - I.e. gunfire, explosions and key events will act to draw Nemesis to your location, so keep as quiet as possible. Or perhaps it would be more akin to Alien Isolation?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I’m guessing we will get an idea based on how Mr X works in the RE2make. I imagine there will be some form of stealth mechanic - I.e. gunfire, explosions and key events will act to draw Nemesis to your location, so keep as quiet as possible. Or perhaps it would be more akin to Alien Isolation?

I'm sure there will be segments where he goes away or ways to get rid of him for some time. I don't think I could survive emotionally with something chasing me relentlessly for the entire drat game

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ulio posted:

Crowbcat made a video on RE2 Remake. Just some fun experimenting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPul1ZjnwFI

That zombie tripping lol

Strategy conserve ammo is now shooting off arms and legs.

Edit: Hold the gently caress up. How do you set of the C4.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

JBP posted:

I'm sure there will be segments where he goes away or ways to get rid of him for some time. I don't think I could survive emotionally with something chasing me relentlessly for the entire drat game

I expect so yeah. I’ve just had him chase me from the downtown restaurant all the way through the adjoining streets to the press office, and then he pursued me through the press office itself. To top it off when I was running away from the press office with the door still in shot (given he normally won’t appear until the door you came through is out of view) and he drops out the loving air right in front of me. Which then started another jolly chase while I went back to a save room to retrieve an item so I could get through the city hall gates. After which he has finally left me alone.

drat this game is good.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

codo27 posted:

Helps him blend in, look inconspicuous

Ulio posted:

Crowbcat made a video on RE2 Remake. Just some fun experimenting.
loling at the limbless zombie corpse. I think this might go a long way in explaining why Capcom limited the demo to 30 min. These zombies have a lot of detail and different behaviors to exploit, and they probably don't want people to completely figuring them out before the game is released.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 16, 2019

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kibayasu posted:

using cheat engine to get the detonator. You can also get the bolt cutters.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Have you guys wondering how they'd use the Nemesis in a modern REmake not played 7? They basically already did it with Jack in the first quarter of the game. Admittedly, his hardware was a little different...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kibayasu posted:

The reaction of the shelf is the best thing, oh wow. :allears:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Marmaduke! posted:

Have you guys wondering how they'd use the Nemesis in a modern REmake not played 7? They basically already did it with Jack in the first quarter of the game. Admittedly, his hardware was a little different...

So was the cause of his mutation :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I can't believe how little I remember about 3. I think I may have only beaten it the one time, literally 20 years ago (more like 19 okay). gently caress.