Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Xelkelvos posted:

Same, but Noel Fielding

...costume? That's just Noel's street clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chokes McGee posted:

you misunderstand he’s still dressed as hot goth chick Death

I am intrigued and repulsed at the same time.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

Same, but Noel Fielding

What role should Russell Brand do? Its been awhile since I've seen them hanging about and taking the piss.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Von_Doom posted:

What role should Russell Brand do? Its been awhile since I've seen them hanging about and taking the piss.

Brand got too popular to hang around with Noel anymore. Richard Ayoade is his new bestie.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Brand got too popular to hang around with Noel anymore. Richard Ayoade is his new bestie.

Eh, Richard Ayoade is funnier anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Von_Doom posted:

Isn't he a chud now? Like a Jordan Peterson style idiot?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

He's not. I dislike both of those guys for different reasons, but i would never label Brand as right wing.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

:emo: I still would think he would like to come back and have a reunion of sorts. I always like catching up with mates after a bit. Sometimes the fires spark and it's like the years just fade away and you got bliss. Other times? You definitely remember why you don't call them anymore. I'd hope those two could be more like the former.

twistedmentat posted:

:smith: Maybe I'm just fooling myself but I tend to imagine he's a decent sort. Completely daft and did waaaaaay too many illicits but well meaning.

hangedman1984 posted:

Eh, Richard Ayoade is funnier anyway.

I am still shocked that he has such a (relatively) low key career. Dude is one of the funniest bastards that has ever existed. Part of me is happy to not have a zillion hollywood films with him in it but... the world should applaud such finery. In a world where Kevin James and Adam Sandler are millionaires Richard Ayoade and the gang on Legends should be comfortable, happy and allowed to keep filming what they want.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 3, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

I watched some of his recent Netflix special and it didn't strike me as "chud". It didn't seem terribly nuanced or thought out in general but he seemed like he was kind of vaguely to the left of stuff. I dunno. Most of it was basically him roasting himself that he just jumps into stuff he has no place talking about and then makes an rear end of himself and the issue.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Who would Richard Ayoade be cast as other than maybe a more comedic version of Curtis/Mr. Terrific? Maybe Booster Gold?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xelkelvos posted:

Who would Richard Ayoade be cast as other than maybe a more comedic version of Curtis/Mr. Terrific? Maybe Booster Gold?

Darkseid.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

Darkseid.

I want this?... I think I do. With Noel Fielding as Granny Goodness?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
OK, who the hell is Richard Ayoade? I swear, if I have to IMDB that name, then HEADS WILL ROLL!!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Vietnamwees posted:

OK, who the hell is Richard Ayoade? I swear, if I have to IMDB that name, then HEADS WILL ROLL!!

Moss from IT Crowd.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

Dean Learner from Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vietnamwees posted:

Director of Submarine
Saboo (not Naboo) of The Mighty Boosh

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

Nerdy black British guy. Plays charmingly socially awkward characters and tends to joke about being typecast as himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBfxjSFAxQ

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bruceski posted:

Nerdy black British guy. Plays charmingly socially awkward characters and tends to joke about being typecast as himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBfxjSFAxQ

I didn't watch too much of the IT Crowd and I thought Curtis was him when he first showed up I'm so drat racist

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Vietnamwees posted:

The guy who voiced the dude that fixes Kaz's formal outfit in Neo Yokio

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One of the main characters in CN's Apple and Onion

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Vietnamwees posted:

You got all those examples but he really is one of the funniest bastards out there. I wish more people knew of him. Garth Merenge's Darkplace and IT Crowd are a good introductions and funny as hell. If you want easily digestible bits youtube Big Fat Quiz of the Year. You can also go back in time to a decade ago and see snippets of Russel Brand and Noel Fielding that I was babbling about earlier. Fun stuff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its funny because I didn't know what a single one of those examples people gave was but I was so clueless that I wasn't entirely sure people weren't just intentionally making stuff up as a joke.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

He's this handsome bastard:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Its funny because I didn't know what a single one of those examples people gave was but I was so clueless that I wasn't entirely sure people weren't just intentionally making stuff up as a joke.

I had a similar reaction and I DO know who he is. I mostly know him from various panel shows where he fills a similar comedic niche to David Mitchell. Overly-literal nerdy straightman.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Davros1 posted:

Director of Submarine
Saboo (not Naboo) of The Mighty Boosh

I mean that's just gibberish, right?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I mean that's just gibberish, right?

This is Naboo from The Mighty Boosh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

And this is Saboo from The Mighty Boosh (next to Tony Peterson)

(apologies for the multiple posts, I don't have a image account, and can only post on file per post)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also he directed a movie called Submarine.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Also he directed a movie called Submarine.

"Submarine?" Ugh, it sounds like utter trash.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be clear, I wasn't demeaning his work or anything. I just literally had never heard of any of those things before.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Von_Doom posted:

You got all those examples but he really is one of the funniest bastards out there. I wish more people knew of him. Garth Merenge's Darkplace and IT Crowd are a good introductions and funny as hell. If you want easily digestible bits youtube Big Fat Quiz of the Year. You can also go back in time to a decade ago and see snippets of Russel Brand and Noel Fielding that I was babbling about earlier. Fun stuff.

Noel Fielding is one of the hosts of The Great Big British Bake Off now after moving to Channel 4

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

I had a similar reaction and I DO know who he is. I mostly know him from various panel shows where he fills a similar comedic niche to David Mitchell. Overly-literal nerdy straightman.

It only seems natural:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
He also directed the episode where Jeff has dinner with Abed!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Noel Fielding is one of the hosts of The Great Big British Bake Off now after moving to Channel 4

He’s really good at it, too! I didn’t think anyone could replace Mel but he’s doing a great job.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/NICKZANO/status/1085266160487198720
loving lol.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No, the Legends gently caress things up for the better.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Those idiots

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 15, 2019

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
The replies have so many Barry Allen gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I hope the Legends end up on Earth Prime during the crisis and have to meet their own actor selves.