Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Moey posted:

Where do you plan on using that?

Lakes and protected waters. It's not for open sea tuna fishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Trip report: Kirkland signature series Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2016
Fucken daaaaank
Gonna go back and buy a case if they still have it. Hop on this

Always love their Napa wines - will check out the CS particularly.

Thanks for the trip report broheim!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Trip report: I fell, stupid ice!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I went to cost co today and they had a big table with samples of pierogies and the employee kept asking everyone if they were members but no one would answer. I didnt get a pierogi sample.

They had another one where a lady was cooking bacon in a toaster oven and it smelled really good but I didnt stop to get one.

Finally someone making tiny little discs of pancake from some kodiak bear pancake mix and putting some fruit syrup on them and while I was tempted it seemed messy to eat that out of a little paper thing while i was pushing my cart so I passed as well.

Also a lady had pieces of protein bar she was giving away which didnt look particularly apptezing.

I got a slice of 'i 'a on the way out.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the pierogies are good and strangely not as bad for you as you'd expect

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the pierogies are good and strangely not as bad for you as you'd expect

There little polish sausage shop delis here that make and sell their own so when i get the urge I go there.

I am kind of regretting passing up on the little pancake though.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Trip report: Kirkland signature series Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2016
Fucken daaaaank
Gonna go back and buy a case if they still have it. Hop on this

What’s the price point on those one? There were several new reds at my ‘Co...

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i wanna say it was 20 or 25? more than a typical kirkland bottle but a great deal for napa valley cab

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hakimashou posted:

There little polish sausage shop delis here that make and sell their own so when i get the urge I go there.

the pancake was good but probably only because it was slathered in jam. you know the actual pancake tastes like dirt

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i guess the like, theodicy of the kirkland church is that the alcohol often sucks balls

wine has been decent lately but lol at the light beer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Stupid liquor laws in Canada I wish they could sell booze in costcos here. The Kirkland 24 packs are so great, local microbrew variety packs.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
IMPORTANT UPDATE: You'll receive your $2,XXX.XX 2019 Credit Card Reward Certificate via Email

Yikes. How much money do I put on this card.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I only got 300 :(

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

gvibes posted:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: You'll receive your $2,XXX.XX 2019 Credit Card Reward Certificate via Email

Nice, that's insane. This is why we PBUC. In other churches, you pay a tithe. At Costco, they pay you the tithe.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

priznat posted:

Stupid liquor laws in Canada I wish they could sell booze in costcos here. The Kirkland 24 packs are so great, local microbrew variety packs.

Costco sells booze in Alberta.

The liquor store part has it's own separate entrance/is it's own little room on the side of the building, and it doesn't require a membership card.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Powershift posted:

Costco sells booze in Alberta.

The liquor store part has it's own separate entrance/is it's own little room on the side of the building, and it doesn't require a membership card.

The one good thing about Alberta :argh:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
We get booze at our Costco here in Quebec, too.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

gvibes posted:

At a 2% cash back that's $100,000 on the Costco Card :thunk:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

FCKGW posted:

At a 2% cash back that's $100,000 on the Costco Card :thunk:

Truly we are in the presence of a blessed one.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

3% on travel and eating out is the X factor though, I mean obviously that's still an insane total but if he's putting hella business travel and expensed meals on the card it seems at least kind of reasonable.

You would be amazed how fast expensed meals adds up if you're paying for a group. We go out pretty often on an expensed tab and the dude who usually throws down the corporate card has a ludicrous number of loyalty points at the places we go.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i guess the like, theodicy of the kirkland church is that the alcohol often sucks balls

wine has been decent lately but lol at the light beer

I think most of the alcohol is good? I haven't had the light beer, but that's because I don't drink light beer.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

The kirkland "microbrew" packs are ok but several years behind what contemporary breweries are doing these days.

I mean even calling it microbrew or craft brew is some 2014 poo poo.

The hard alchol is good in my experience, with the exception of the tequila which is a little touch and go depending on their sourcing at the time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Taima posted:

3% on travel and eating out is the X factor though, I mean obviously that's still an insane total but if he's putting hella business travel and expensed meals on the card it seems at least kind of reasonable.

You would be amazed how fast expensed meals adds up if you're paying for a group. We go out pretty often on an expensed tab and the dude who usually throws down the corporate card has a ludicrous number of loyalty points at the places we go.

You pay one way or another though, especially if you have to expense everything using Concur with a really picky approvals team.. I'm always real glad when someone more senior than me grabs the bill for expensing :effort:

Taima posted:

The kirkland "microbrew" packs are ok but several years behind what contemporary breweries are doing these days.

I mean even calling it microbrew or craft brew is some 2014 poo poo.

Yeah the ones I've had aren't godawful quintuple IPAs or whatever the gently caress

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Eh. Cutting edge brews are more like hazy tropical/fruity IPAs (which are legit delicious, possibly even if you don't like IPA) and farmhouse ales/sours which are more like 3-6%. Bombs are kinda out right now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my local costco has a great rotating variety of 22oz bombers of various local microbrews. its great.

granted, i live in san diego, which has more local breweries than almost anywhere

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Give me brown ales and porters any day :colbert:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Give me brown ales and porters any day :colbert:

malty rear end beer is highly underrated

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Chinatown posted:

my local costco has a great rotating variety of 22oz bombers of various local microbrews. its great.

granted, i live in san diego, which has more local breweries than almost anywhere

I don't live in SD but can confirm that San Diego Costcos rule for beer. That's been true for like 15 years, since they've always had the lead on stuff like limited-release Stone and whatnot way before other Costcos were even loving with that kind of stuff.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Chinatown posted:

Not more than Seattle :cheers: and we have that too, I like how much they support the local breweries. We also have a great selection of Washington and Oregon wines, though it's to the detriment of the selection from other regions (specifically AU and SA).

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Taima posted:

Or just plain business expenses. Some stuff for restaurants or small offices is cheaper at Costco than the usual suppliers, that can escalate quickly.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

hakimashou posted:

Kodiak's gimmick is that they're high protein. They're not the best tasting pancake, but they're good enough to hit the spot if you're craving pancakes and are also counting macros.

The secret to those is to make thinner pancakes. Normally when I make pancakes I'll cut the liquid and make the pancakes super thick, but the Kodiak pancakes taste weird when you do that. The batter will look too thin to be right, but just make tiny pancakes and it works out

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Costco carries a brand of clothing, BC Expedition, and currently they have some softshell fleece lined pants. Get. Them. Is all I'm saying. Especially for this colder weather and they feel tough enough that I don't have to worry about them when I venture out.

https://www.costco.com/BC-Clothing-Mens-Softshell-Pant.product.100414298.html

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought and returned a fleece lined hoodie because they didn’t put the fleece in the arms, just cold thin polyester. A damned dirty trick.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Coredump posted:

Costco carries a brand of clothing, BC Expedition, and currently they have some softshell fleece lined pants. Get. Them. Is all I'm saying. Especially for this colder weather and they feel tough enough that I don't have to worry about them when I venture out.

https://www.costco.com/BC-Clothing-Mens-Softshell-Pant.product.100414298.html

Aww, only in men's :(

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Taima posted:

The hard alchol is good in my experience, with the exception of the tequila which is a little touch and go depending on their sourcing at the time.

I really enjoy the añejo tequila, but I haven't seen it for a little while.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

How do people feel about the xo cognac

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Slack Lagoon posted:

How do people feel about the xo cognac

Positive.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Fallom posted:

I bought and returned a fleece lined hoodie because they didn’t put the fleece in the arms, just cold thin polyester. A damned dirty trick.

The sleeve issue surprised me also, but I kept it for an indoor lounging hoodie and it has been great for that purpose.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Does anyone make hoodies with the “sherpa” fleece in the arms? The ones I got from Eddie Bauer are also fleece-less in the arms. They’re still drat cosy though. Also come in tall which costco sizes never do at least not here :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Aww, only in men's :(

Try a pair, they might end up looking alright. They seem pretty comfortable.

priznat posted:

Does anyone make hoodies with the “sherpa” fleece in the arms? The ones I got from Eddie Bauer are also fleece-less in the arms. They’re still drat cosy though. Also come in tall which costco sizes never do at least not here :sigh:

The Comfy™️ 😂