Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Billy_Delicious posted:

Yeah, no spoilers in this thread seems reasonable. Granted it was ages ago, but REmake shows Capcom arent afraid to introduce new really cool stuff. I would hate for, say, a nemesis appearance or something getting spoiled for me before the game is even out.

lol imagine if a third into the game Mr. X gets wrecked by Nemesis as a direct attack from the French Division and you have to now kite one monster into the other in an effort to wipe them both out

though I suppose a more realistic cameo would be if you saw him streaking over the rooftops or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Surprised so many people had ammo trouble in RE3, I’m in the clock tower on hard being chased around by big boy and I’ve stuck to the tried and tested rule of “kill what you have to and just avoid everything else” and I’m swimming in shotgun shells.

I do wish the ammo crafting, live selection and story variation had persisted beyond this game though, it’s really neat.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ammo crafting is in RE7 and RE2make at least, that's something it seems they're very keen on bringing back.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I liked the weapon crafting in Outbreak, but I'd like to see a game where it's a fundamental component and not one character's gimmick.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fun fact about the whole snazzy coats the typical Tyrant series wears: they contain "power limit" tech that help stabilize their intellect, self-control, and prevent mutations.

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Limiter

I guess this explains why the "naked" Tyrants always go crazy and have bizarre mutations: they don't have the cool trenchcoats that pacify their lovely genetic code. I guess we can now confirm that the fedora actually has POWERS

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
RE7 had a weird crafting system where everything is neatly shown in a separate menu but the most important recipe Handgun Ammo + Gunpowder = Enhanced Ammo is a secret recipe that you just have to figure out.

Everything in the game tells you can make Enhanced Ammo with Gunpowder + Strong Chemical which is a massive waste of resources.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Raxivace posted:

Ammo crafting is in RE7 and RE2make at least, that's something it seems they're very keen on bringing back.

Good point, I forgot about RE7.

Ugh this goddess clock puzzle can gently caress right off.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I want a tabletop game where Umbrella Corporation Janitor is a character class

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

WaltherFeng posted:

RE7 had a weird crafting system where everything is neatly shown in a separate menu but the most important recipe Handgun Ammo + Gunpowder = Enhanced Ammo is a secret recipe that you just have to figure out.

Everything in the game tells you can make Enhanced Ammo with Gunpowder + Strong Chemical which is a massive waste of resources.

WHAT. :stare:

Are there any others like that?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Yeah, I never knew that one while I was playing the actual game either.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I mean its obvious! Gunpowder + more gunpowder = better. God :rolleyes:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

So because I'm a terrible person I went and hosed about to get around the 30 minute threshold, just so I could goof off and explore things a bit more thoroughly.

As expected, there was nothing really out of the ordinary encountered during regular play (meaning no item hacking etc.), but there was a goddamn zombie tumbling over the banister upstairs and almost landing on my loving head. I only wanted to check the safe room under the stairs for stuff!

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

I never knew this! Now I’m tempted to do another play through while I wait for RE2make.

Actually I have the PS4 version of REmake that I have never actually got to playing. I grew up watching my mom play the GameCube version so I have some sort of visceral fear reaction to it. Thinking of starting it up this weekend, any tips for someone who’s only ever played the post RE4 style games? I think the rerelease gives updated controls right?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

I never knew this! Now I’m tempted to do another play through while I wait for RE2make.

Actually I have the PS4 version of REmake that I have never actually got to playing. I grew up watching my mom play the GameCube version so I have some sort of visceral fear reaction to it. Thinking of starting it up this weekend, any tips for someone who’s only ever played the post RE4 style games? I think the rerelease gives updated controls right?

The controls are exactly the same as the GameCube version except you can opt for tank controls or movement relative to the camera, which does make it somewhat easier. You also get quick turn (introduced in RE3) and defensive weapons that are consumables that help you if you get grabbed.

If it’s your first OG style RE game I would go with Jill for your first play through as her campaign is a fair bit easier than Chris.

And you grew up watching your mum play this? Christ I feel old.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Lord Ludikrous posted:

And you grew up watching your mum play this? Christ I feel old.

My dude that game came out SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO

I feel old, too. It was the second Gamecube game I ever owned... The first was Smash but yeah for a while it was either Melee or REmake.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Backhand posted:

Yeah, I never knew that one while I was playing the actual game either.

Apparently nobody else on the internet does either. Trying to find any reference to this working gets bupkus, and every single wiki "guide" is just a list of the poo poo that's already in the menu. :rolleyes:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
You sure the RE7 enhanced bullet recipe wasn't written on a note somewhere? I had access to that recipe on my first playthrough.

E: Oh, you can double the gunpowder. Sort of makes sense since you can overload ammunition if you do your own crazy gun stuff.
E2: I swear there's a crayon scrawled note with the recipe for double gunpowder. I reinstalled and replayed NG+ through to getting the gooey arm and haven't seen the drat page though.

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 18, 2019

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erNAkefFjzM

Inspired by Bandersnatch, a CYOA.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

screens from ranking screen + THE POST GAME OPTIONS :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

FIXED CAMERAS BABY HOLY poo poo

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/429074089358131200/535585441941028864/1547763595122.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/535481430004989963/535599175212204033/image0.jpg

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
also you want info on A and B and how that works now, well some good news whoever you play 2nd, will have changes based on who you played first, so if your leon first, claire will turn up at the gate like in the demo and you;; play that in her 2nd game, and if your claire first, then when playing as leon 2nd, you will enter via the gate. also who you play 2nd will get the play the true final boss like in the original. not sure if that means 2nd character only fights mr.x at the end or not tho

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

I'm super skeptical considering this is a selling point for some old nerds like myself. Why hasn't it been mentioned?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Vikar Jerome posted:

also you want info on A and B and how that works now, well some good news whoever you play 2nd, will have changes based on who you played first, so if your leon first, claire will turn up at the gate like in the demo and you;; play that in her 2nd game, and if your claire first, then when playing as leon 2nd, you will enter via the gate. also who you play 2nd will get the play the true final boss like in the original. not sure if that means 2nd character only fights mr.x at the end or not tho

I like this. Next week is going to kick a ton of rear end.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So is this game like, real? I don't think I've come to terms with that yet, despite having played the demo. I'm not used to Capcom being this good.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Firstborn posted:

I'm super skeptical considering this is a selling point for some old nerds like myself. Why hasn't it been mentioned?

because old nerds like us are in the minority for this kinda poo poo. they focused on 3rd person by design and fixed 2nd. hasnt been mentioned because you have to beat the game first, its a bonus mode, they want you experiencing the new version first.

no screen shots of it in action yet tho, sounds like the option is there but doesnt do anything yet its a day one patch.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So if we want the "True Ending" the trophies mention our first go around, its probably Claire A + Leon B we should be doing again, right?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Raxivace posted:

So if we want the "True Ending" the trophies mention our first go around, its probably Claire A + Leon B we should be doing again, right?

no, you'll get the true ending bit on whoever you play as 2nd. sounds like this and the intro with the gate is the only real thing that changes. presumably leon takeouts super mr.x and claire gets type 4 or whatever it was since theres achievements for both beating them under the count down.

theres no option to pick a or b, just leon and claire. dunno if it gets reset after a 2nd playthrough tho, hope so.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I'm really curious about how fixed camera is even going to work.

Like, how will they handle aiming? Will it be like the original, where you can lock on? I can picture the movement controls being exactly the same, but combat has to change immensely.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm really curious about how fixed camera is even going to work.

Like, how will they handle aiming? Will it be like the original, where you can lock on? I can picture the movement controls being exactly the same, but combat has to change immensely.

Apparently the aim assist option in the demo snaps your aim directly to body parts in a way that would probably work well for a fixed camera.

Still not totally willing to believe this though. Feels too good to be true, those photos would be extremely easy to fake, and "can't post actual proof due to day one patch" is a very convenient excuse. And would it even have tank controls?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Dewgy posted:

WHAT. :stare:

Are there any others like that?

As far as I know, no.

It makes a pretty big difference because your handgun is fairly useless without it.

It almost seems like an oversight.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

A part of me wishes the 'true' ending was gated behind beating the game with fixed cameras and tank controls just for the online saltiness that would cause.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

So how long do you think it'll be before someone does this sort of thing for REmake 2?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

holy poo poo is that a mod?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Does it work for Yawn and Tyrant too?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
They should add a mega classic mode where the game freezes for half a second between each camera change and line of dialogue as it loads data from the disc :v:

Also make everyone's character model all wobbly and distorted

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Psssshaaaw, come back with a mod that replaces the models with mid to late 90s CGI.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

honestly i think at least half the hate for RE6 at this point is generated by people who do not actually like the game telling other people "the game is bad but the Leon section is the best part" which if you actually are going to enjoy the game are probably both 100% the opposite of how you will feel. so you get people going in and starting the arguably weakest campaign and going "wow this is as good as the game gets?" and quitting and perpetuating the cycle. it also doesn't help that the forced walking parts of the beginning of the leon campaign ruin what would probably be the best chapter of it otherwise

i definitely do agree the game feels a bit schizophrenic design wise and i think every vehicle section of the game massively sucks but there's fun stuff to be found in all of the campaigns. if not for the snowmobile part you could argue the jake and sherry campaign is fun the entire way through

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
As someone whose favourite thing about RE4 gameplay was the contextual melee stuff, should I play RE6?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

As someone whose favourite thing about RE4 gameplay was the contextual melee stuff, should I play RE6?

Abso fuckin loutely but also be prepared for none of it to be explained and for a good 60% or more of the campaign to not let you use it.

You know what, skip the campaign and go straight to raid mode.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think arguably the biggest appeal of RE6 is the brawler gameplay is fun as poo poo. you just run around doing slide tackles and shooting weak points to get melee prompts. also jake wesker has an equip-able weapon that is just his hands ready to whip your rear end

someone posted some really good RE6 mercenaries mode game plays as like a tutorial of how to play the game, i think it was a goon, watching that would give you an idea if this would scratch that combat itch for you. i wish i could remember who it was to give a link, hopefully someone knows what i am talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

holy poo poo is that a mod?
Yep.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Does it work for Yawn and Tyrant too?

Haven't tested far enough to see Yawn but Tyrant? Yep!

Get it here.
1996 Music mod
1996 VA Mod