Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
oh hey some pros are gonna play soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

mikeraskol posted:

Game company wants hype to sell their game. Shock ensues.

:yeah: and the hype is fun as heck

tease me until launch day ed, I want it

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Special meter is not tied to being blocked/taking damage, that's huuuge.

Edit: and run is gone, too.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kilometers Davis posted:

:yeah: and the hype is fun as heck

tease me until launch day ed, I want it

It's a wonderful time for me because my editor asks stuff like "Hey, do you want to write up a huge article about who Baraka is?" as if he's Cosgrove and I'm Freakazoid.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Looks like Scorpion's spear doesn't stun anymore? Instead it closes the distance and swaps sides with the opponent.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Did anybody else see the stream die

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Looks like Scorpion's spear doesn't stun anymore? Instead it closes the distance and swaps sides with the opponent.

that's far less annoying I love this

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yep it's kaput

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Stream video is dead. Some interesting tidbits so far:

Crushing blows aren't random, they have requirements. And crushing blows do additional damage, each can only be done once per game.

There are no specials on wakeup, instead you have specific wakeup moves.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Gavok posted:

It's a wonderful time for me because my editor asks stuff like "Hey, do you want to write up a huge article about who Baraka is?" as if he's Cosgrove and I'm Freakazoid.

That owns. Also-

No more run and more emphasis on walking in and out of poo poo, i'm happy for that.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Geras is rad as gently caress.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

More like blushing crow :grin:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Oh good they took out run, putting run/block on the same button in MKX was the most annoying thing.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Skarlet looks like she might fill a similar role Shinnok did, so I'm leaning towards maining her.

Unless Noob is in the game. Then I wanna main Noob.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Geralt for mk

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh poo poo you just saw the second Skarlet fatality there

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Skarlet's second Fatality is she overloads the opponent's heart and their chest explodes.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Thank god the run button is gone.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Where is my boy Erron Black?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Skarlet looks like she might fill a similar role Shinnok did, so I'm leaning towards maining her.

I find it amusing that Skarlet is literally wearing 700% more clothing than her first appearance in MK9.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Bumper Stickup posted:

Thank god the run button is gone.

I eventually got used to it but yeah, I won't miss it much.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I can't watch the reveal stream yet, is the gear cosmetic or does it have gameplay effects/stats like IJ2?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Solomonic posted:

I can't watch the reveal stream yet, is the gear cosmetic or does it have gameplay effects/stats like IJ2?

You can mod attributes to the different gear, but I'm not clear on the details.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Solomonic posted:

It's still very unclear.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Aside from Kano, everyone else in this arena is kind of in silhouette. But are there any other characters you can make out?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Aside from Kano, everyone else in this arena is kind of in silhouette. But are there any other characters you can make out?

Someone spotted Johnny Cage in the background of the Special Forces stage, but it doesn't look like it's playable here, so hard to make sure.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Did anybody else see the stream die

Streamality

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

nice rage pause

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

oh hey its the best gamer of 2018

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Fresh from reddit, the London stream might have shown off Cassie.

The post said she was addressing Kitana, so she might have been confirmed as well.

EDIT: UK stream also confirmed Brutalities.

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 17, 2019

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Did Sonicfox just hit motherfucking random

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I see they never spent much time working on the faces.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

drat thats a happy wheels fatality for raiden

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheBesteban/status/1086008497324601346

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
lets hope the time fuckery lets me have Milleena back, but if not I'll still probably enjoy this.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Updated the OP, let me know if there are any c's that I need to turn into k's, or any other info I missed.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Variations are back? Yay! gently caress off Ed you dumb oval office. And I wanted so much to get back into the series

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

codo27 posted:

Variations are back? Yay! gently caress off Ed you dumb oval office. And I wanted so much to get back into the series

I mean you can just make your own simplified version of a character now if you want.

people already really pissed about this game in all kinds of silly ways lol

lol @ "there's more focus on the series staple of gore than backtracking to the beachball tits of MK9"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I find it increasingly difficult to masturbate to this murder game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

DLC Inc posted:

I mean you can just make your own simplified version of a character now if you want.

people already really pissed about this game in all kinds of silly ways lol

lol @ "there's more focus on the series staple of gore than backtracking to the beachball tits of MK9"

Jesus Christ, if they're playing this for the loving bowling ball titties from MK 9, I feel really sad for them. Then I saw Big Chungus Tweedy and yeah it makes sense.