Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Mary Annette posted:

Am I the only one who prefers Cosmo's old hairstyle?

Whats WRONG with you?????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That ponytail isn't going to be very practical in a grapple.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mary Annette posted:

Am I the only one who prefers Cosmo's old hairstyle?

Mr penis head

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pewdiepie posted:

That ponytail isn't going to be very practical in a grapple.

It's actually a clip-on, so when his opponent tries to yank it they'll do it with too much force and lose balance :haw:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm worried how far Gensai's transformation into Akuma has progressed now.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

I'm worried how far Gensai's transformation into Akuma has progressed now.

He's had two additional years of beard growth by now. You probably can't even see his face through his beard any more.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hope someone's made clothing big enough for Julius to fit in

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

CharlestonJew posted:

I hope someone'sMuteba has made clothing big enough for Julius to fit in

ftfy

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Gensai's friend hanging out with Gensai before the final fight wearing his mask and carrying the rifle was such a stupid but funny gag.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He was going to shoot ohma if he won

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
So what's Kazzy actually doing in the Kengan matches. Is he a proxy for other non-kengan companies to settle fights with kengan matches? Or maybe CEOs use him to source new blood to keep their fighters in prime fighting abilities?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Suspicious Lump posted:

So what's Kazzy actually doing in the Kengan matches. Is he a proxy for other non-kengan companies to settle fights with kengan matches? Or maybe CEOs use him to source new blood to keep their fighters in prime fighting abilities?

I get the feeling he is basically a temp agency who matches fighters outside of their normal company to help them grow and he maybe takes a cut.

Matches Cosmo's comments and fits Kazzys personalities of the Kenyan matches being an end unto themselves rather than simply a means of futhering a business's wealth.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kazzy has an uncanny fight sense even though he's not a fighter himself, maybe he's some sort of fight consultant for other companies, letting a company know which of their fighters would have the best chances of winning their next Kengan match.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kazzy seems to have become pretty knowledgeable about underground fighting organizations, so I'd also bet on him being some sort of prospect scout/fighting consultant for companies.

Oooh, you know who might be a free agent and possibly work for Kazzy now? Gensai!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

You say Kazzy I hear Kiryu and get excited.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dias posted:

Kazzy seems to have become pretty knowledgeable about underground fighting organizations, so I'd also bet on him being some sort of prospect scout/fighting consultant for companies.

Oooh, you know who might be a free agent and possibly work for Kazzy now? Gensai!

That's actually possible, given that (a) Gensai wasn't Lemmy's permanent fighter. It was a one-off arrangement which Gensai requested, and (b) Gensai thinks "I, Kuroki Gensai, am still green", so if Kazzy can get him good opponents to test his skills, there's every reason he'd fight for Kazzy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

JosephWongKS posted:

That's actually possible, given that (a) Gensai wasn't Lemmy's permanent fighter. It was a one-off arrangement which Gensai requested, and (b) Gensai thinks "I, Kuroki Gensai, am still green", so if Kazzy can get him good opponents to test his skills, there's every reason he'd fight for Kazzy.

I'm kinda inclined to think that's the direction they're heading towards. People would also be super impressed if Kazzy somehow got both the runner-up AND the winner of the previous Kengan tournament to work for him, it'd probably cement his reputation as a power player, which seems to be the way he's being treated nowadays.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If he's not working for/with Kazzy then I hope he's willing to like, appear to any degree. I doubt he could hear him but he certainly knows a good deal about Niko and maybe a bit more about Ohma too.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
They said he’s running a temp agency, maybe its for the fighters

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Dias posted:

I'm kinda inclined to think that's the direction they're heading towards. People would also be super impressed if Kazzy somehow got both the runner-up AND the winner of the previous Kengan tournament to work for him, it'd probably cement his reputation as a power player, which seems to be the way he's being treated nowadays.
Gensai showing up again would ruin a lot of things IMO, especially to work for Kazzy. It's a better fit for Rihito to come knocking on Kazzy's door.

I love the respect Kazzy is getting and I absolutely love how it hasn't changed him. I can't wait to see Kazzy just waltz up to Nogi, head of Kengan like it's no problem.

Kazzy is just so drat amazing.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Kazzy is now casuqlly badass and I love it

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I'm interested to see how his relationship with his sons has changed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1085472243893755904?s=19

https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1086897927522418688?s=19

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1073597866436747266

Daromeon is a precious thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hell yeah another tournament

https://mangadex.org/chapter/526763/1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So Kenzo left Kazzy's home and his former delinquent son got a job? Glad to know his life really turned around after the tournament.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress me I'm stoked for this, I like the bit of world-building that this Purgatory scene didn't came from nowhere, since we have known about it since very early in the first manga

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

hell yeah we're gonna have a punch-up in the office!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
<frantically searches Kuroki Gensai on the Yellow Pages>

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder who Purgatory poached from Kengan?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

I wonder who Purgatory poached from Kengan?

Likely would be Muteba (unless Togo gets her favor from him), maybe Julius?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I would laugh if they poached Gensai.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Calling it now that Gensai and Fang won't be in either tournament.

They'll be dealing with some other issue, probably based in the Inside.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

I would laugh if they poached Gensai.

Honestly I feel that would be unlikely since Gensai obtained supremacy within the Kengan so he wouldn't be interested in fighting them again. Proving himself against Purgatory, however..,

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

In two years Gensai has learned how to Devil Lance with his forehead, gaining the most powerful Headbutt in the world. And the world trembles.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That's the Kazzy we know and love :allears:

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I hope it becomes a running gag that people want to fight Ryuki when they first meet and he has no idea why.

Also, I bet Kazuo’s eldest son is going to join Purgatory.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jun joined Purgatory and he's going to face off against Haru in the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I actually wouldn't be shocked if more than a scant few people from the first ended up on team Kengan.
Many probably have better things to do or are not associated with it anymore.

Like Jun and the big mountain kid are back into pro wrestling, the sumo guy is back at sumo, murder cop probably is back to being murder cop, etc