Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mozi posted:

nom nom nom

The gently caress is on your toast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a kind of local hot sauce. some sort of fermented deal - it's very tasty

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

macdonal hamborkles posted:

Is andouille something different to yanks because the French stuff is literally tripe in a sausage shape and loving sucks balls?

Nah it's just a pork sausage with spices and is really big in Louisiana.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Today we are getting Thai food, I will update later when I find out what specifically :f5:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

3 for 3 at Tesco. A chicken sandwich w bacon and lettuce, apple, and some cranberry juice. The chicken sandwich was passable but not enough chicken. The apple was an apple.

cranberry juice is good in its own bitter way and it also helps you pee, so win win lunch I suppose

Sainsbury's has the worst meal deal imo

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Jose posted:

Sainsbury's has the worst meal deal imo

What are they like

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
In lieu of lunch, I offered to work straight through the day and go home early and eat a late lunch/early dinner. Dunch, if you will. Probably an Italian BMT from subway.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
numberoneposter got me onto the BMT. I used to get either a spicy italian or a chicken breast sub. But the BMT is like a spicy italian but with ham.

Although he gets the BMT with also the cold cuts combo on top. That's a lot of meat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Today we are getting Thai food, I will update later when I find out what specifically :f5:

have your aired your displeasure about the lovely chinese food that has been procured the last couple of times in your office or what

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
What is lunch? I'm sitting through the world's most boring tech demo, lunch has ceased to be. All will fall. Only knowledgebases will remain.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Someone should drink a couple liters of strong IPA and come back from lunch hammered.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

What are they like

they don't have the full sandwich selection for some reason so you're stuck with the really lovely ones

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I had a greek plate with lamb, rice, pita bread, and a side salad. also had some delicious baklava for dessert

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Thai food very good even brought some back to my desk :yum:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
For dinner I made Japanese curry with tofu, taters, carrots, onions, etc. Golden curry roux blocks thrown in there at the end. Served over some of that expensive Japanese rice I got at that little cluster of Asian markets a district or two over.

I was going to make some chicken katsu to go with it but then I did not.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i roasted some asparagus with a load of garlic and cooked a huge bit of flank steak. i made some chimichurri to go with the steak

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I decided to get a fancy woodfire pizza and also an Idustrial Pale Ale.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
got my pandy express with extra veggies and broccoli beefs. <600 cals since im being a healthy boy

theres like a million mg of salt but i dont give a poo poo ok

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
CHEESESTEAK

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I had left over pizza, and some strawberries.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

Someone should drink a couple liters of strong IPA and come back from lunch hammered.

Brewpub across the street from my work gives a free beer with a lunch entree at the bar. A good deal imo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Brewpub across the street from my work gives a free beer with a lunch entree at the bar. A good deal imo

Holy gently caress that place rules

Where do you live I feel like that would be mad illegal in California

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
You don't say.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Today, I had black beans and rice, an apple, and a pear.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

gleebster posted:

Today, I had black beans and rice, an apple, and a pear.
sounds a little too healthy there buster

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

I am eating Jersey Mikes for lunch today (eat fresh and also they dont molest kids) what are YOU having for lunch today?

I actually also had Jersey Mikes for lunch today. You gotta get a cold sub and do it Mikes Way except minus the tomato but add banana papers. It's good.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

I am eating Jersey Mikes for lunch today (eat fresh and also they dont molest kids) what are YOU having for lunch today?

I had a cheese sandwich with apple sauce and white cranberry peach juice.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

Holy gently caress that place rules

Where do you live I feel like that would be mad illegal in California

Connecticut

You only get the one free beer. They also brew it there so I guess they can charge whatever they want even if it’s zero dollars :shrug:

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
My kids were home for lunch so I boiled up some frozen dumplings from ASIA-1 GROCERY, made some dipping sauce, and made a big pile of yau choy with oyster sauce. I should have made another dish without soy-based sauce as a dominant flavor too as it was a good lunch but monotonous.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'M HAVING BRAUNSCHWEIGER ON TOAST WITH MUSTARD AND PICKLES FOR BREAKFAST DON'T TRY TO STOP ME YOU MOTHERFUCKERS OR I WILL END YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
don't do it, bbc

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

well it turns out I didn't even though I wanted to :(
I had to make a run to a gas station and it has a burger king attached to it so I got something called an 'egg-normous burrito' and asked them to add tomato to it which seemed to annoy the staff greatly and also I can tell you that it was not very good and that 'tater tots' should not be considered an appropriate burrito topping, even for a morning burrito.
However, the orange juice I got with it was ok because it's pretty hard to gently caress up actual orange juice that isn't like, Sunny-D style "orange drink" poo poo.

WELL that is my breakfast story and I want to just take a moment and thank each of you personally for reading and contemplating this moment of my life.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Big Beef City posted:

I'M HAVING BRAUNSCHWEIGER ON TOAST WITH MUSTARD AND PICKLES FOR BREAKFAST DON'T TRY TO STOP ME YOU MOTHERFUCKERS OR I WILL END YOU

When I was a kid the woman who babysat me would sometimes feed me Braunschweiger. I hated it.

But then again, I'm not a little bitch and ate it anyway without complaining.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
i had some tamales that my mother in law made, thanks for asking

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Tamales are good especially the ones you buy from dudes on the street that sell em out of coolers.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

numberoneposter posted:

sounds a little too healthy there buster

Don't worry, today I had a cheeseburger, fries, and cherry soda.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Yesterday I was on per diem so I had some kind of toasted chicken and artichoke baquette at an upscale airport restaurant. It was passable but ultimately boring. Today will probably consist of a diner brunch of the bacon eggs and rye toast variety and buckets of hot coffee.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Finally ate the chicken katsu with some leftover rice. Goddamn I love crunchy katsu chicken.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Idk what im going to so for lunch today. Going to neighborhood bar to watch the GOTTDANG LOS ANGELES RAMS run train on the pussy rear end saints but not a lot of good food around the bar anymore, there was an insanely good pizza place but they got cocky and opened like 3 branches at the same time and then went out if business hella fast after and now closest food is like a lovely mexican chain and a dominos :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Lunch is bad. Food sucks.