Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Mike's a Wisconsinite, you dope.

true but like most of wisconsin he lives in minnesota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Bill and to a lesser extent Kevin are woke enough to cancel out Mike's chudness. At least that's how I rationalize it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Or just buy Rifftrax because they're funny. You don't have to rationalize a loving thing.

edit: The Tupperware riff is really good.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Billy Gnosis posted:

Bill and to a lesser extent Kevin are woke enough to cancel out Mike's chudness. At least that's how I rationalize it.

Corbett's great

A must follow on twitter

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Just wanted to point out that Tigtone is gonna start up on Adult Swim this Monday at midnight. You may remember the Ghost Wizard in The Begun of Tigtone being voiced by Bill Corbett, and it seems like he's doing more voices in the actual series.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Tigtone has Trace too so DOUBLE crow!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I did not know that! :D

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BaronVonVaderham posted:

New Bridget & Mary Jo short. I love them, especially when they do these old 50s/60s homemaker films.

Slut!
Slut!
Slut!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Corbett's great

A must follow on twitter

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1084258998851911681

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Heck yeah.

Now I want to re-listen to Road House (mike solo) vs. the redone one and take detailed notes

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

wow, that's pretty cool of them.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Interesting. I remember when they were first released one of the Matrix riffs had a pretty nasty joke referring to Lana Wachowski as "it". I wonder if that got removed too.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
That's pretty awesome, especially considering Laser Mission is one of my favorite all-time Rifftrax. It just got another star in my book!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Did anyone watch Tigtone? It's that show that Bill Corbett does a few roles in. (I was not a fan of the pilot, but hope the actual show is better.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is EXTREMELY WEIRD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I watched Bridget and Mary Jo's "Dressed to Kill" and it is weird how that name has absolutely nothing to do with any part of the movie. I guess a character wears disguises but that doesn't really factor into the crime.

Also the Driptrax has said that they're going to announce this year's Kickstarter soon. Kind of wonder what they're going to do because they're running low on "big" bad movies to riff.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I love Mary Jo and Bridget's riffs

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are there any crappy Thanksgiving movies they could riff?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this! posted:

Also the Driptrax has said that they're going to announce this year's Kickstarter soon. Kind of wonder what they're going to do because they're running low on "big" bad movies to riff.

My local theater that hosted the live events shut down a couple of months ago. Hopefully, one of the remaining two will pick up the sack.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

psychotronic man is so underrated, it's absurd

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab7rvuiIwi0

This is a promising short for a riff that I wanted to share here before suggesting it to ideas.rifftrax. It's about the Budweiser Clydesdales and it opens with a three-minute musical number and has a few musical intermissions. It's called "BALLAD OF THE BIG ONES" and it's almost like Budweiser's answer to "Shake Hands with Danger". Almost.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

seems like Rifftrax material:thumbsup:

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

psychotronic man is so underrated, it's absurd

The “waka-chicka” machine bit is one of the funniest gags they’ve ever had in a riff.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So nobody else is going to point out that RiffTrax just did Yor, Hunter From the Future? Because they did and that's totally a thing I'm watching this weekend.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's really good.

The movie itself is pretty interesting. It's a pretty good concept, just done poorly.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's really good.

The movie itself is pretty interesting. It's a pretty good concept, just done poorly.

The biggest reason it doesn’t work is that the version released in most of the world was a 90-minute cutdown from a four-hour miniseries made for Italian TV.

The Italian version can be found if you know where to look, I have a copy but haven’t gotten around to watching it yet.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Jose Oquendo posted:

How many Rifftrax/MST3K/etc movies fall into this category?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Mister Kingdom posted:

Probably lots. Space Mutiny could have been great if not for the lovely, well, everything.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Mister Kingdom posted:

Some of the absolute best ones were bad ideas done horribly, though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Finished watching Yor and I have to say, the guy playing Overlord made for a shockingly good Dr. Doom. All he was missing was the face plate.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gavok posted:

So nobody else is going to point out that RiffTrax just did Yor, Hunter From the Future? Because they did and that's totally a thing I'm watching this weekend.

Ahhh poo poo, time to spend more money on Rifftrax

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I maintain that Gorgo is a few script rewrites away from being a truly great entry in the kaiju genre.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

agreed

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I keep thinking the Amazing Colossal Man would be an excellent movie to remake with Vin Diesel. And This Island Earth could be good. It's not a bad movie, honestly.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
YOR'S WORLD HE'S THE MAAAAAN, YOR'S WORLD HE'S THE MAN

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Vicissitude posted:

I keep thinking the Amazing Colossal Man would be an excellent movie to remake with Vin Diesel. And This Island Earth could be good. It's not a bad movie, honestly.

They'd have to ditch the alchemy science.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

These kind of movies always spend too much time on the non existent scientific explanation, it's best to just go for the paydirt.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I definitely remember watching Parts: the Clonus Horror and Overdrawn at the Memory Bank pre-MST3K, and basically enjoying them. They're competently acted, and just a few script rewrites away from being good movies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gavok posted:

Finished watching Yor and I have to say, the guy playing Overlord made for a shockingly good Dr. Doom. All he was missing was the face plate.

What about the use of action figures during the rescue scene at the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've posted about it before, but Time Chasers is genuinely fun and surprisingly competent for being directed by a 20 year old.