Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I’m sorry, you’ve been preempted by the boys here :(

Can’t even be mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Doggo is armed.

Suggestions?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

Doggo is armed.

Suggestions?

Give him what he wants

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Standard procedure is to defuse the situation by calming the situation down.
I recommend a judicious application of belly rubs to neutralise the threat, then remove the weapon to a safe location and replace with a chew toy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I had a ferry spotty visitor Ned!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

Doggo is armed.

Suggestions?

If he shoots and misses, will he go after the ball or reload?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Writer Cath posted:

Doggo is armed.

Suggestions?

Immediate, unconditional surrender.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Writer Cath posted:

Doggo is armed.

Suggestions?

pig ear flashbang to distract him, then rapid deployment to the belly.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Writer Cath posted:

Doggo is armed.

Suggestions?

Toss a handful of ham cubes just past his head, when he turns to follow them, you move in with a pincer tactic and do a fierce two-handed brisket rub.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Well you guys suggested it

https://mobile.twitter.com/ferrygooddogs

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

You've got yourself a follow!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Following

E
https://twitter.com/_hodgybeats_/status/1086806177340567553?s=21

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 20, 2019

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is the kind of content I have a Twitter account for.

WeRateDogs too.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
WeRateDogs rubs me the wrong way from start to finish (except for the dogs, which are good). The company has the goose that lays the golden eggs yet still finds nasty ways to optimize egg exploitation. It changes the names of dogs it gets in submissions if they're too ethnic-sounding, for example. It's just a media business run by assholes capitalizing from free labor like countless other media businesses.

ferrygooddogs, on the other hand, is wholesome and adorable.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

WeRateDogs rubs me the wrong way from start to finish (except for the dogs, which are good). The company has the goose that lays the golden eggs yet still finds nasty ways to optimize egg exploitation. It changes the names of dogs it gets in submissions if they're too ethnic-sounding, for example. It's just a media business run by assholes capitalizing from free labor like countless other media businesses.

Dog Rates is run by a college kid from West Virginia. Where’s this about him changing dog’s names?

And yes, ferrygooddogs is awesome and just got another follower.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Dog Rates is run by a college kid from West Virginia. Where’s this about him changing dog’s names?

And yes, ferrygooddogs is awesome and just got another follower.

He hired staff and started selling merch and so on ages ago. WeRateDogs got profiled in Forbes, for Christ's sake.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/06/weratedogs-twitter-account-criticized-for-renaming-dogs.html

The hyper-curation and filtering and tweaking and streamlining of dog tweets for commercial exploitation doesn't really jive with the freewheeling "They're good dogs, Brent" vibe of the early days, is all I'm saying.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

He hired staff and started selling merch and so on ages ago. WeRateDogs got profiled in Forbes, for Christ's sake.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/06/weratedogs-twitter-account-criticized-for-renaming-dogs.html

The hyper-curation and filtering and tweaking and streamlining of dog tweets for commercial exploitation doesn't really jive with the freewheeling "They're good dogs, Brent" vibe of the early days, is all I'm saying.

they're good dogs, brent

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i'll do my best to keep my twitter about the dogs and nothing but the dogs. i will have to get max on the ferry though, because much as i love him, there are certain standards one must meet to qualify for the page

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

1) it didn't start out as a company, though by now I'm sure Matt Nelson has hired some people to help run the business
2) he promised to stop changing the dog's names after that kerfuffle (whether or not he did, I dunno)
3) Matt Nelson has always curated the account with an eye toward what will go the most viral and has been very up front about that. That's the whole reason he started the account in fact.
4) regardless of his personal politics he uses weratedogs to promote diversity and tolerance
5) the dogs are good

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Yeah that was dumb of him and I hope he quit doing it; his accounts (and FerryGoodDogs) are like the only good things in the cesspool of social media.

Also two bits of Lando news

1. He got a new rain coat

2. He fell asleep on top of my arm with his head on my chest and it’s currently going numb but he’s so comfy and making adorable little noises as he dreams so I don’t want to move and wake him up gently caress it I guess I didn’t need that arm anyhow

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

The roomba didn't survive :(

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

colachute posted:

The roomba didn't survive :(

Monty: My dookie is a killing pile

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Dogges will save us from SkyNet.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Dogges will save us from SkyNet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL4ckHJ4dZA

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kaylapekkala/status/1087156609791475712?s=21

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Raise your ear if you think it’s too cold to do anything but spend the day napping on the couch.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Oh we've given up on walks for Pit Pat when it's below freezing. He's just too small and cold. We open the door in the morning and dangle him on an extended leash out the door until he does his business in the yard.

This morning he went outside, looked at me with a look of utter betrayal, and came right back in. The wind chill was -13.

How did he ever live as a hobo

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I took Gulliver out this morning with the wind gusting and the real temperature around 0 (windchill around -12), my face felt frozen from the windchill. Gulliver has a nice double coat and doesn't seem to mind the cold and snow; in fact, snow is now one of his greatest joys, both for playing in and for eating.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fort Judgment has been completed

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I get to do meet and greet with Kedah tomorrow. If it goes well i get to put in the request for doggo with my apt complex and hopefully get her this week.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Fort Judgment has been completed

Max needs to visit your ferry.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm worried thread; my dad texted me that he and my mom are taking their Basset Bo to the ER, because when they got home from supper he wasn't able to walk. He hurt a disc in back last week, but he was on anti-inflammatories and seemed to be doing better. Hopefully a shot of steroids will fix him right up, but he's an old dog with a heart murmur so surgery isn't an option if it's something more serious :ohdear:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

howe_sam posted:

I'm worried thread; my dad texted me that he and my mom are taking their Basset Bo to the ER, because when they got home from supper he wasn't able to walk. He hurt a disc in back last week, but he was on anti-inflammatories and seemed to be doing better. Hopefully a shot of steroids will fix him right up, but he's an old dog with a heart murmur so surgery isn't an option if it's something more serious :ohdear:

:( what’s the goodboi’s name?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

:( what’s the goodboi’s name?

Bo, he is a pushy, stubborn jerkass, but also the most affectionate hound you've ever see.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Bo, he is a pushy, stubborn jerkass, but also the most affectionate hound you've ever see.

Didn’t realize that was his name. Good luck, Bo!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Good luck Bo

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Meet and greet went well. I got a nose lick and about 10 minutes before thry had to leave i got a full body lean. Now i just need her vaccination and breed documentation to apply with my apt complex to get her.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

radar pups own

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Boys snuggling on the couch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted: