Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was talking a bit about it in the CineD gen chat thread but hbomb owns and I’m legit proud of that dude. Seriously. Fuckin A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I'm just saying, it's better to be set to good adaptability by default.

Also I am completely blown away by how much HBomb has done in the past 29.5 hours.

what you mean you don't like loving worthless dumpstats that exist to do nothing but make the game feel like poo poo until you dedicate enough levels to negate it entirely?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

I was talking a bit about it in the CineD gen chat thread but hbomb owns and I’m legit proud of that dude. Seriously. Fuckin A.

He’s doing great. I’m so glad he’s around and doing his thing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

This has been a brilliant experience. I paid to sub to a twitch stream and donated through twitch for the first time this has been so great. Hbomb, when you get back here I hope you're incredible proud of yourself, even more than when you broke down overwhelmed with emotion over what you've accomplished.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

what you mean you don't like loving worthless dumpstats that exist to do nothing but make the game feel like poo poo until you dedicate enough levels to negate it entirely?

Honestly the thing I don't like about it is that you don't have to bother with it. Like they had the awareness to get rid of Resistance and then then replaced it with a stat that slightly increases i-frames. Like people point out that the i-frames of base adaptability fast roll is comparable to the DS1 fat roll, but that suggests to people that the roll itself is comparable, when to most players the thing to give a poo poo about is the mobility. The timing is just a bit tighter if you don't level adaptability. Why even have it?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The thing I liked about adaptability is that it allowed you to consciously spec into a dodge build over a shield build.

Like one of the weaknesses of ds1 and ds3 is that there is no good reason to never have a shield because having a shield doesnt have any consequences.

A dude with a shield can also dodge as well as someone without a shield so it limits the variety of builds you would see because the optimal build was so narrow

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The thing I liked about adaptability is that it allowed you to consciously spec into a dodge build over a shield build.

Like one of the weaknesses of ds1 and ds3 is that there is no good reason to never have a shield because having a shield doesnt have any consequences.

A dude with a shield can also dodge as well as someone without a shield so it limits the variety of builds you would see because the optimal build was so narrow

I would argue DS2 and 3 both do this by making dual-wielding viable.

Primarily 2 with its power-stancing > 3's specific dual-wield weapons

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm still mad about how they hosed up PvP in dark souls 3 to such an insane degree. I'd rate the games 1>2>>>3.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m starting to think hbomberguy was being serious about that pact with Sobek :stare:

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 20, 2019

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Augus posted:

I starting to think hbomberguy was being serious about that pact with Sobek :stare:

I first had my suspicions when he guzzled Sobek's sperm shake.

e: I should clarify this is literally a stream chat joke

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
DS3 had the best PvP because it had the least PvP.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Hbomb just reached the beaver bother minigame, RIP

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Doctor Spaceman posted:

DS3 had the best PvP because it had the least PvP.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Chelsea freaking Manning just showed up

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think Hbomb might have transcended into hell with how this Beaver Bother minigame is going.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

This stream has been such a good platform for trans creators, too. Like the dev of Secret Little Haven, the game about the kid realizing her gender thanks to a magical girl anime, was on before, along with Casey, Nyxfears, and more.

There's a doc that's compiling all the guests. Here it is.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Kim Justice posted:

Chelsea freaking Manning just showed up

Whoever said this stream is the Smash Bros Ultimate of Leftist Content Creators nailed it.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Trojan Kaiju posted:

This stream has been such a good platform for trans creators, too. Like the dev of Secret Little Haven, the game about the kid realizing her gender thanks to a magical girl anime, was on before, along with Casey, Nyxfears, and more.

There's a doc that's compiling all the guests. Here it is.

CaseyExplosion has been doing the absolute lord's work on this stream. Like, she's been on almost continuously and has been sorting quite a few of the guests out too

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So many big names together in one place as we watch a man's soul die over a terrible minigame.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm baffled that this is not a bug and actually how that minigame has always worked.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Hbomb is now seeking the assistance of a DK64 speedrun bossman

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
He passed the goal!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Weird Sandwich posted:

Hbomb just reached the beaver bother minigame, RIP

He just did it!!!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm shocked that no one's made a live reaction thread about this.

Also, notable British man, is totally not mad about this. He's actually laughing, in fact.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There are only TWO likes on your tweet

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

He did the first Beaver Bother! What an absolute mad lad!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

If he raises a million dollars he'll give us our wish and read Homestuck.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DoubleCakes posted:

If he raises a million dollars he'll give us our wish and read Homestuck.

loving hell, hasn't he suffered enough? :stonklol:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hail Sobek is a pretty good Hail Satan alternative; I kinda hope it catches on.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Excuse me, but his real name is Soybek.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm shocked that no one's made a live reaction thread about this.

Also, notable British man, is totally not mad about this. He's actually laughing, in fact.

lol I've literally never heard of this guy until right now

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thompsons posted:

If you've ever seen The IT Crowd, it's that guy

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

I Before E posted:

Also Father Ted and Black Books, and a bunch of other stuff on UK TV.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I Before E posted:

More like the poo poo crowd.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1086906070541438976

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also Father Ted and Black Books, and a bunch of other stuff on UK TV.

The twatitude of Glinner makes it harder and harder to watch Father Ted, a legit classic comedy, every single day. Dermot Morgan is likely spinning in his grave.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Leal posted:

If you do wanna do Morrowind, just remember: Its a pen and paper game in 3d. Numbers are important, you should pay for training your stats early on and stamina is uber important. Its so important, when paying an NPC to enchant something an item that is 21k can cost 17k if you just rest beforehand :v:

I'm still undecided how I'm gonna handle it. On the one hand, I can easily imagine getting annoyed by some of its eccentricities, but on the other hand I generally prefer experiencing older games in context so just modding out all the weird mechanics would also feel wrong. Aint gonna touch those graphics though, that's for sure.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dang, he's up to almost 150k at 36-hours.

At this stage he could turn it into a thing with an annual charity "speed run" of some hellaciously long game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Thompsons posted:

Oh at the very least you should be aware of HBomb's callout video before he decided to sacrifice three years of his life live on stream 100% a notoriously bad game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIM-GKRS9Vk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ah no jenny