Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Layers, people, layers! Why bother with linings when you can just wear warmer underwear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ohh I was thinking zippered hoodies not the slanket type thing :haw: that looks awesome tho.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
The Kirkland merino wool trail socks are $5 off (original price $18 down to $13) for a 6 pack on costco.com right now. For anyone that wears boots regularly for work or just because you're a big tough rugged guy this is a fantastic deal.

I started wearing them a couple years ago in my work boots and quickly made the switch to only these socks. Really thick and comfortable.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Suxpool posted:

The Kirkland merino wool trail socks are $5 off (original price $18 down to $13) for a 6 pack on costco.com right now. For anyone that wears boots regularly for work or just because you're a big tough rugged guy this is a fantastic deal.

I started wearing them a couple years ago in my work boots and quickly made the switch to only these socks. Really thick and comfortable.

Going to second this. Wool socks are the best kind of socks and the Costco ones are great

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I think I have more wool sooks than regular socks at this point, PBUC

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Suxpool posted:

All the recent reviews seem to indicate a style/quality change for the worse. Bummer.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Due to food allergies my wife can't eat most of the samples so sometimes I get double samples

Once my son was denied a sample because he's 12 and I wasn't within 20 feet of him.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

GORDON posted:

Once my son was denied a sample because he's 12 and I wasn't within 20 feet of him.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
My Costco Cashy Money Check is coming in hot at just under a grand, what are yall gonna do with your hard-earned stacks?!?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
invest a portion of your refund in a nice, steaming, hot dog

(with soda +refill)

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Holy poo poo 3pack of exoficcio underwear for $25

Each pair is usually $26

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
God have mercy please bring back the hot chocolate bark. My supply from last winter is almost over!!!!!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Costco please sell the lacoste polos again.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

moolchaba posted:

I'm a little late, but I Costco pizza 9.65/10 for me.

What if I were to wrap my dog with it?

I have been called on to address allegations that I sought to mislead the Costco thread in what is now being referred to as the PizzaDog Fiasco.

I swear upon a unopened package of Kirkland Signature Beef Dinner Franks (14 count, No corn syrup, phosphates or fillers) that even though I used a random picture from the internet, it was only with the purpose of posing the idea of wrapping such a beefy delight with glorious pizza. It was a postulation, a theory for which I promise to put to the test at my soonest opportunity.

Hereby and forwith and such and such, blah blah blah.

Thank you.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

moolchaba posted:

I have been called on to address allegations that I sought to mislead the Costco thread in what is now being referred to as the PizzaDog Fiasco.

I swear upon a unopened package of Kirkland Signature Beef Dinner Franks (14 count, No corn syrup, phosphates or fillers) that even though I used a random picture from the internet, it was only with the purpose of posing the idea of wrapping such a beefy delight with glorious pizza. It was a postulation, a theory for which I promise to put to the test at my soonest opportunity.

Thank you.

This news rocks me to my core.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

moolchaba posted:

Thank you.

There is only one way to redeem yourself heretic.

You must combine a dog, slice of za, AND a chicken bake to atone for your sins.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Maybe cover the whole thing in chili just to be sure.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
That sounds like a suitable atonement, except the chicken bake because it's garbage food for garbage people.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Maybe cover the whole thing in chili just to be sure.

And then dipped in Açaí.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Pack that pizza roll with onions OP

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

moolchaba posted:

Thank you.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Taima posted:

That sounds like a suitable atonement, except the chicken bake because it's garbage food for garbage people.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Went nearly 10 years without a Costco membership, and my wife convinced me that we needed one for baby supplies, etc.

Went to Costco last weekend and can confirm that it's still easily the worst shopping experience outside of coming into contact with human feces in a Walmart change room or a terrorist attack at a Target.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Made my trip to the costco near me in DC and it's a big loving warehouse but holy poo poo their frozen food section is garbage

How you gonna have frozen chicken bake but none of the hot dogs?????? :cmon:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Blistex posted:

Went nearly 10 years without a Costco membership, and my wife convinced me that we needed one for baby supplies, etc.

Went to Costco last weekend and can confirm that it's still easily the worst shopping experience outside of coming into contact with human feces in a Walmart change room or a terrorist attack at a Target.

Don't go on the weekend

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

No Butt Stuff posted:

Don't go on the weekend

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blistex posted:

It's not the band I hate, it's their fans

Aka hell is other people

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Costco is just impossibly lovely on the weekends. Weekdays while on my lunch break is a million times nicer for getting the few items I might need. Getting a full carts worth of stuff is like setting money on fire since half the stuff at Costco costs more than at a regular store and is less convenient to get.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
You saying I Don't need 100 strawberry poptarts?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Good soup! posted:

Made my trip to the costco near me in DC and it's a big loving warehouse but holy poo poo their frozen food section is garbage

How you gonna have frozen chicken bake but none of the hot dogs?????? :cmon:

The dogs aren't in the frozen section, but instead by the milk (at least in my 'co)

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Yeah, going on the weekend was sort of unavoidable, and I knew it was going to be really, really, bad, but I was unprepared for how bad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

One of my fav things about costco is the unpredictable items that show up, it keeps going for a shop a bit exciting.

One of my least fav things is the flip side where things I really like are available for a while then gone forever. Stacy’s Pita chips noooo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

priznat posted:

One of my fav things about costco is the unpredictable items that show up, it keeps going for a shop a bit exciting.

One of my least fav things is the flip side where things I really like are available for a while then gone forever. Stacy’s Pita chips noooo.

:same: but the mozzarella and kale chicken burgers

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

:same: but the mozzarella and kale chicken burgers

That sounds good were they stuffed with mozza and kale and frozen? Sorry to dig up the past trauma of your loss tho.

Another thing I got once was the coke fiesta pack (mexican coke with sprite and orange fanta in glass bottles). I went back and bought 3 more cases because I knew they would be out soon and not restock..

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Good Dog posted:

Getting a full carts worth of stuff is like setting money on fire since half the stuff at Costco costs more than at a regular store and is less convenient to get.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

priznat posted:

That sounds good were they stuffed with mozza and kale and frozen? Sorry to dig up the past trauma of your loss tho.

Another thing I got once was the coke fiesta pack (mexican coke with sprite and orange fanta in glass bottles). I went back and bought 3 more cases because I knew they would be out soon and not restock..

They were refrigerated so they would cook up really fast in the skillet, but also meant that I couldn't really stock up on them. Not really stuffed, just ground up into them. But they were moderately healthy so it was a nice, quick meal. I used to get the stacy's pita chips and hummus, which were also moderately healthy but pretty impossible to portion control since they were so dang good.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

priznat posted:

The veggie chocolate muffins. Gone but not forgotten.

:(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

They were refrigerated so they would cook up really fast in the skillet, but also meant that I couldn't really stock up on them. Not really stuffed, just ground up into them. But they were moderately healthy so it was a nice, quick meal. I used to get the stacy's pita chips and hummus, which were also moderately healthy but pretty impossible to portion control since they were so dang good.

Yeah, I see the Stacy's pita chips at the supermarket but the bag sizes are puny and expensive I never get them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

priznat posted:

oh dang didnt realize stacys chips went away. they seeme dlike a staple for awhile

off he top of my head some things that are no long available: really good halah pastrami that i havent seen since (there's sometimes this kosher ny pastrami but its kinda slimy and flavorless), "tickler" brand english cheddar with chilies and peppers/haberanos or something so good, black diamond cheddar, aronia berry juice from the late 90s used to be in these giant juice containers and was so good, perogies with like 4 different filling options. dolmas comes and goes but the brand that used to be really good is gone and the one that sometime shows up isnt as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh another one that I haven’t seen in some time was in the costco made food section. It was a Korean Bulgogi Beef pre sauced stuff you take and stir fry and it was god drat excellent. Wish they would bring that back.

The dog poop baggies seem to come and go, inexplicably. Same with the cat litter (which is actually not that great I have decided).