Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

V-Men posted:

I hope the Legends end up on Earth Prime during the crisis and have to meet their own actor selves.

Ray Palmer meeting Brandon Routh would probably be the “Okay, they went too far” meta tipping point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

nine-gear crow posted:

Ray Palmer meeting Brandon Routh would probably be the “Okay, they went too far” meta tipping point.

Hard disagree

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

You know, I'm sure Brandon Routh was sad at some point that Superman Returns wasn't a hit, but boy am I glad he stuck with it and landed this gig. He seems super happy and he seems like a nice guy irl. I've never disliked a single performance of his on this show.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

graham cracker posted:

You know, I'm sure Brandon Routh was sad at some point that Superman Returns wasn't a hit, but boy am I glad he stuck with it and landed this gig. He seems super happy and he seems like a nice guy irl. I've never disliked a single performance of his on this show.

i doubt he feels worse than andrew garfield lmao

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

i doubt he feels worse than andrew garfield lmao

Must be so hard for Andrew, being a film star.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Open Source Idiom posted:

Must be so hard for Andrew, being a film star.
film star? he was in 2 failed spiderman movies that are now being done bigger by a better studio. the new spiderman gets to be in avengers movies lmao

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 18, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
And he is forced into doing stupid Oscar nominated films, poor dude

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
sorry guys, andrew garfield sucks and his spiderman was bad, and Routh lets it roll off his back with fun projects while garfield cries he doesnt get to be the good spiderman. that guy is a turd

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Scott Pilgrim was a really fun but flawed movie where Captain America, Superman, and Captain Marvel all play giant flaming rear end in a top hat people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Routh is so awesome in person, he gave me a hug! And he seemly genuinely happy that I was wearing the Returns S shirt.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

Routh is so awesome in person, he gave me a hug! And he seemly genuinely happy that I was wearing the Returns S shirt.

I already knew this because I believed it in my heart, but its nice to have it confirmed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

nine-gear crow posted:

Scott Pilgrim was a really fun but flawed movie where Captain America, Superman, and Captain Marvel all play giant flaming rear end in a top hat people.

Honestly it's one of my favorite movies.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

bring back old gbs posted:

sorry guys, andrew garfield sucks and his spiderman was bad, and Routh lets it roll off his back with fun projects while garfield cries he doesnt get to be the good spiderman. that guy is a turd

He's way better than Maguire and I think he's right to be annoyed that the third basically got swept out from under him because of studio politics. Sure 2 was pretty poo poo but so was Maguire's 3

GreenNight posted:

Honestly it's one of my favorite movies.

Same here, it's fantastic. Edgar Wright can do no wrong.
Source material is great too.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Tom Holland is an absolute gem though and Homecoming is probably my all time favourite superhero movie; so if Garfield was the sacrifice that had to be made for that to happen then I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress Garfield

Tom "spoiler"Holland is the best.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
I think Garfield was a better Spiderman while Maguire was a better Peter Parker. Tom Holland has been the best of both world's so far.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Oh yeah, Tom is fantastic. I just have a soft spot in my heart for ASM1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_23t4NzAMk

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

101 posted:

Oh yeah, Tom is fantastic. I just have a soft spot in my heart for ASM1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_23t4NzAMk

MCU has ruined the other spider-man movies for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOGCNX8rBWs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Andrew Garfield would be fantastic as the post high school Peter Parker. Hot take, I enjoyed ASM 1 way more than any of Tobey's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I kind of hope Garfield gets a shot at a future MCU role. He could be A great villain!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

V-Men posted:

I think Garfield was a better Spiderman while Maguire was a better Peter Parker. Tom Holland has been the best of both world's so far.

I agree with this completely. I never really bought Toby Maguire as Spider-Man, but his Peter Paker really was top notch. He was just too mealy mouthed to be a proper Spidey, though I think growing up on the 90s cartoon Spider-Man kind of ruined his portrayal for me out of the gate.

You know who actually made a pretty drat good Spidey, surprisingly? Chris Pine as blonde Spider-Man in Into the Spider-Verse, which is a really good movie period and a phenomenal Spider-Man movie in particular and you should go see it in a theater setting while you still have the chance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
One of the teen guys at work told me his younger sister was telling their mom the entire story of Spider-Verse in precise detail.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
On The Flash the Legends dropped by (offscreen) to give Barry a copy of Mick's book for him to pass the time in solitary (no, I don't know why he's there) and it occurred to me that the only character left who knows Barry reasonably well, or at least interacted with him multiple times before becoming a Legend, is Mick himself. So now my canon here is that Mick isn't just pimping his book but he actually cares about his buddy, the famous time criminal Barry Allen. :3:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Argue posted:

On The Flash the Legends dropped by (offscreen) to give Barry a copy of Mick's book for him to pass the time in solitary (no, I don't know why he's there) and it occurred to me that the only character left who knows Barry reasonably well, or at least interacted with him multiple times before becoming a Legend, is Mick himself. So now my canon here is that Mick isn't just pimping his book but he actually cares about his buddy, the famous time criminal Barry Allen. :3:

Ray knows Barry kinda well. Admittedly he hit it off better with Cisco, but still.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They need to have a Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back episode, where the time idiots need to stop Micks book from becoming a movie. Or they have to crash the movie because his monster became real.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreenNight posted:

They need to have a Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back episode, where the time idiots need to stop Micks book from becoming a movie. Or they have to crash the movie because his monster became real.

That was literally Tagumo Attacks! Right down to Mick making one of his characters a real being to save the day.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nine-gear crow posted:

That was literally Tagumo Attacks! Right down to Mick making one of his characters a real being to save the day.

And also when they have to stop a quasi-amnesiac Rip from making his movie based on the first season and thereby prevent George Lucas from having a career.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BEEBO BE PRAISED!!!

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/1091095402097500160

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
All hail Beebo!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's a real surprise because their ratings SUUUUUUUUCK this year.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Expanse, Agents of SHIELD, Legends of Tomorrow, all renewed against all odds.

They really did screw things up for better in this timeline.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

muscles like this! posted:

That's a real surprise because their ratings SUUUUUUUUCK this year.

CW doesn't care about live ratings.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

CW doesn't care about live ratings.

And thank god for that, because I see Legends talked about pretty much everywhere, so people are watching it, just not on TV.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Of all the Arrowverse shows I think I've watched maybe a handful of episodes live. Everything else is just later on the CW site.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I follow the entire cast on Instagram and holy hell Brandon Rouths hair is out of control.

Edit: I love this cast

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtURymPBqiv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1i9xaw9v1tkcb

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 1, 2019

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I think LoT regularly gets like 110-115% pickup from DVR viewings. And it's the right demos that are watching. They'll be fine.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I follow the entire cast on Instagram and holy hell Brandon Rouths hair is out of control.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtURymPBqiv/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1i9xaw9v1tkcb

:3:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Rhyno posted:

Until the CW text at the end I thought it was an in-universe recruiting video for prospective Legends members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They produced these promos with most of their series casts. It's really amazing to see on tv.