Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

LadyPictureShow posted:

My first thought was 'who tries to eat poorly scooped vanilla ice cream with a knife and fork?'

Then I realized what it was.

I thought that until Clever Hans said chicken. Oh, chicken, your sacrifice deserved better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

chitoryu12 posted:

Hang on the jalapeño cheese spread will make this better

Surprised you didn't go with the compote.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The thread title makes no sense, I assume that circus food isn't much different from fair food, so while funnel cakes and deep fried Pepsi isn't my gig, they have a bunch of good fried poo poo.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
military rations is kinda cheating isnt it

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

military rations is kinda cheating isnt it
kinda but do it anyways

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

The thread title makes no sense, I assume that circus food isn't much different from fair food, so while funnel cakes and deep fried Pepsi isn't my gig, they have a bunch of good fried poo poo.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I mean I know where it came from, I'm just saying I probably would eat all the clown food at the circus because it would be deep fried goodness

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Yeah, screw that pineapple on pizza bullshit. LEGOs on pizza is where poo poo gets serious.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Mushika posted:

Yeah, screw that pineapple on pizza bullshit. LEGOs on pizza is where poo poo gets serious.

that looks like tiny xanax bars

(which looks like a solidly lethal dose)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wish Xanax worked for me :(

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

I wish Xanax worked for me :(

you wish one of the most overprescribed and insanely dangerously habit-forming drugs worked on you?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I always end up reading that sequence in the voice of Triumph the Insult Dog and going FOR A CLOWN TO POOP ON

it’s a personal problem and I’m working on it

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Baby corn is awful enough on its own but why put it in chili?!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dienes posted:

Baby corn is awful enough on its own but why put it in chili?!

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress.
That stupid loving image gets a visceral reaction out of me every time. I don't even care about the recipe, it's just so obnoxious.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

EoinCannon posted:

gently caress.
That stupid loving image gets a visceral reaction out of me every time. I don't even care about the recipe, it's just so obnoxious.

You can just feel the bland wannabe-edgy dork energies radiating out from the screen.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

EoinCannon posted:

gently caress.

seriously, it makes me irrationally angry every time.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
went all internet detective but can't confirm who exactly this guy is, have some hunches and they're all stupid, anyway, there's tons more snarky recipes

e: only face pic i could find of the guy before I'm officially out

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 22:32 on Jan 21, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

EoinCannon posted:

gently caress.

The part that always kills me is 'toss out this lovely, McCormick chili seasoning packet, and make your own!'

*uses McCormick spices to create the same exact thing he just threw in the trash

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Unironically enjoying the blacklight food, is that a restaurant or just a photography gimmick?

Ambiguous grammar; I mean which of the two is it that's gimmicky?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

EoinCannon posted:

gently caress.

I still want to know what’s scribbled out on the left of the “groceries” picture.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The least gross thing happening here is putting some dark chocolate in chili.

Though... some.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

at least the company name is accurate

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Low odor, but not no odor.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah a small amount of dark chocolate in chili is good, coffee also works very well and lastly cinnamon is a very pro move for most tomato and beef sauces

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a dash of fish sauce or sardine/anchovy paste is also pretty solid i almost always use dark chocolate, havent tried coffee though

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Carl Switzer, huh? They must use alfalfa as a filler.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

There's a lot to take in there.

"Legally edible" doesn't fill me with confidence.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

nooo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grand Fromage posted:

The least gross thing happening here is putting some dark chocolate in chili.

Though... some.
Yeah, 1 or 2 of those chocolate bar segments would be fine, especially if put in during the cooking phase and not tossed on during the dining phase.

I'm also fine with the baby corn. While I would use loose corn, it's not a deal breaker.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The mushrooms seem fine to me but that's a personal taste thing; they look unappetizing as hell in that picture, though - it was a minute before I could realize they were whole mushrooms and not moldy potatoes.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If you're trying to make vegetarian chili mushrooms are a reasonable choice to sub for the meat. Seitan would work too but doesn't contribute flavor. But those are not only the worst type of mushroom, but just like chunks of raw ones. Roast that poo poo brown first at least.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Isn't that a parody?

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Randaconda posted:

That loving chili recipe

This rear end in a top hat reminds me of my cousin, down to the douchey edgelord attitude. His “art” is garbage too but in a different way.

Isn’t that just fiberglass insulation?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
There's very little meat in this fiber glass insulation

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Grand Fromage posted:

If you're trying to make vegetarian chili mushrooms are a reasonable choice to sub for the meat. Seitan would work too but doesn't contribute flavor. But those are not only the worst type of mushroom, but just like chunks of raw ones. Roast that poo poo brown first at least.

I use TVP if I have to make meatless chili. Rehydrate it some soy sauce or bragg's and it's pretty close to ground beef.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Isn't that a parody?

Yes, but the photo is real. Of an institutional pork product. It is not.

This is kind of a hoot, though.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 01:35 on Jan 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Randaconda posted:

Isn't that a parody?

Yeah, Cris Shapan does a lot of good ones (he also did the potato fudge one that showed up here a while back).

I really like this one of his: