Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

J-Ro posted:

Anyone planning on watching the TJPW event tonight (11 PM PST)?

code:
Miyu Yamashita, Miyu Watanabe & Raku VS Mizuki, Yuna Manase, & YUMI

Yuka Sakazaki & Yuki Aino VS Reika Saiki & Marika Kobashi

Shoko Nakajima & Mina Shirakawa VS Natsumi Maki & Hikari Noa

Yuki Kamifuku VS Himawari Unagi

Triple threat match - Tenma Nodoka VS Pipipipi Pinano VS Neko Haruna

Maki Itoh VS Harajuku Pom

Yep! I feel like all of the matches on the card except the tag with Shoko and Maki are pretty easy to call but who knows, we might get some surprises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

J-Ro posted:

Anyone planning on watching the TJPW event tonight (11 PM PST)?

code:
Miyu Yamashita, Miyu Watanabe & Raku VS Mizuki, Yuna Manase, & YUMI

Yuka Sakazaki & Yuki Aino VS Reika Saiki & Marika Kobashi

Shoko Nakajima & Mina Shirakawa VS Natsumi Maki & Hikari Noa

Yuki Kamifuku VS Himawari Unagi

Triple threat match - Tenma Nodoka VS Pipipipi Pinano VS Neko Haruna

Maki Itoh VS Harajuku Pom

That start time must be for Eastern, because it's going on now (8 PM Pacific).

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

OH poo poo, my bad!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DM Punk posted:

WOW is really fun and worth a watch. Kinda reminds me of a female version of Wrestling Society X. Over the top and campy as hell, but great characters and makes you care about everything.
Am I having a stroke or didn't this say TJPW the first time I saw it

e: I am because there was a TJPW post above it whoops. Watching TJPW right now though!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

The match featuring both Pinano and Neko Haruna was as silly as I would've expected.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Ok, finally switched over to TJPW after Impact (I was bummed that I looked at the starting time wrong). Did I miss anything of note that I should watch when it's available on demand or nah?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

J-Ro posted:

Ok, finally switched over to TJPW after Impact (I was bummed that I looked at the starting time wrong). Did I miss anything of note that I should watch when it's available on demand or nah?
It's good right now, the rest was ok or mediocre unless you've got a favorite in the undercard.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

RealFoxy posted:

It's good right now, the rest was ok or mediocre unless you've got a favorite in the undercard.

Thanks! Nothing in the undercard was really calling my name, but I'm still fairly fresh to TJPW. The finish to the tag looked fun so I might watch that match from beginning when they make it available. We're down to the semi and main, correct?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

J-Ro posted:

Thanks! Nothing in the undercard was really calling my name, but I'm still fairly fresh to TJPW. The finish to the tag looked fun so I might watch that match from beginning when they make it available. We're down to the semi and main, correct?
Yeah, just waiting for intermission to finish up

e: Literally finished as I posted

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

There were a few fun spots in the earlier matches but nothing mindblowing. Yuki brought her dog: https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1086485771727654912

Now that Marika is back, I wonder if she and Reika are going to get a shot at the tag belts. They were the champs before having to vacate due to Marika's injury.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how long was marika out im not sure ive seen her before

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There's very little in wrestling better than a softcore model about a foot taller than most of the roster, bringing her dog to the ring to "Old Macdonald had a farm"

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

how long was marika out im not sure ive seen her before

She was injured in May. I thought it was August but got tricked by non-US date writing.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Yessss, we've reached Yamashita time!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I love Miyu's recovery after the botch. "Oh I wiffed twice? I'm just going to kick you even harder the third time"

No repeating spots or anything, she just looks like she's fed up and wants to end someone.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I wince every time YUMI takes a bump but had a real good time with all the tag matches. I'm curious who Miyu's next challenger will be, I expected Natsumi since she's new and exciting but she's going to stick in the tag scene for at least another show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mika Iwata (from Sendai Girls), Rina Shingaki (from Kaientai Dojo) and Aja Kong will be on TJPW's 3/31 show to commemorate the last joshi show in Hakata Star Lanes.

Hoping for Maki Ito vs Aja Kong

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I went to SEAdLINNNG today. At the beginning and end of the show Nanae Takahashi made us jump and shout "Let's get d"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mayu was announced as part of the upcoming ROH tapings in February.

:rip:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ah yes, :rip:, because she will now be on national TV in the lead-up to her wrestling at madison square garden, while continuing to appear on stardom shows 6 times a month

whereas io shirai has made tape what, twice? three times since the mae young classic in august?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah VJeff Darkstar, don't hate. Charge! is currently the nation's second leading channel with an exclamation point in its name.

Edit: Same thing.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 22, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Yeah Jerusalem. Do not post that way.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Super No Vacancy posted:

ah yes, :rip:, because she will now be on national TV in the lead-up to her wrestling at madison square garden, while continuing to appear on stardom shows 6 times a month

whereas io shirai has made tape what, twice? three times since the mae young classic in august?

I am saying :rip: because ROH's Women's Division is the biggest joke in North America and lol if you think the women's match at MSG will be on the main card. It will probably be on the preshow or not aired at all.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bet you a toxx

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
They flew in Kris Wolf for a PPV and only had her on their lovely YouTube gimmick, so I'm not really sure why we're supposed to give ROH the benefit of the doubt on really anything.

As far a relevant women's promotions go, SHIMMER is bringing in Penelope Ford and a bunch of Sendai girls for their pre-Mania tapings.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kris wolf was a domestic booking

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
you cannot domesticate a wolf????

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre called dogs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If dogs are domesticated wolves why do we still have wolves, smart guy?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

I am saying :rip: because ROH's Women's Division is the biggest joke in North America and lol if you think the women's match at MSG will be on the main card. It will probably be on the preshow or not aired at all.

Lingerie Fighting Championships still exists.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

double post because its important. We need to save our space alien queen

https://twitter.com/PereraPower/status/1087785264095916039

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Apparently there's a fake Leva Bates Twitter asking fans for money, who knows how much they've got from DM Punk already

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought we were cool with being patrons of wrestlers now?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Mob posted:

Apparently there's a fake Leva Bates Twitter asking fans for money, who knows how much they've got from DM Punk already

The acct got suspended pretty quickly. I am sad I was never followed or DM'd.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

double post because its important. We need to save our space alien queen

https://twitter.com/PereraPower/status/1087785264095916039

I'm sorry, I don't know who this is. My space alien queen is Kris Statlander.

But seriously, that's an insane story. Glad this person is okay and hope they make it through this all okay!

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm sorry, I don't know who this is. My space alien queen is Kris Statlander.

But seriously, that's an insane story. Glad this person is okay and hope they make it through this all okay!

Aja's been around for a few years. She used to do a video game gimmick where she wore a cape and came out to some kind of Mega Man/Zelda 8-bit theme song. Then she decided to become an alien. She did KOT last year on a team with Solo Darling and Molly Holly.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Caught Womens of Wrestling tonight and the vignettes are LU style in that they went over motivations or origins. The wrestling is...not the best but are any of the wrestlers besides Santana Garrett and Tessa the only experienced wrestlers on the roster/show?

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I only saw the first one, but most of the wrestlers were respected indie ladies. Kiera Hogan from TNA against pretty good veteran Barbie Hayden and hot up-and-comer Willow Nightingale against Katie Forbes who I think does Shine.

The matches weren't much fun anyways, but they're clearly trying to bring in cool people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

From what I can tell its like 50/50 now. The WOW roster a few years ago when they first formed were like all rookies they were training (including Melissa Santos) or ones they brought back from the old WOW. But now I think the roster is a mix.

I don't know if their website roster is "up to date" (or how old those episodes are) but I see Garrett, Blanchard, Amber O'Neal (Beverly Hill Babe), Barbi Hayden (Abilene Maverick), Jessie Belle Smothers (Jessie Jones), Katarina (The Temptress), Holidead, Ray Lyn (Chantilly Chella), Jessicka Havok, Kiera Hogan (Fyre), Kobra Moon/Thunder Rosa. And there's a bunch others I don't recognize or who are in masks so they could be somebody. Most of the amateurs I remember actually aren't even on that roster anymore.

edit: Also now that I know WOW has a Krampus wrestler I really wish I got that channel.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 26, 2019